|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a car does Myron drive?
2. According to Roger, what was he doing at the US Open the day Valerie died?
3. How are Win and Valerie connected?
4. What does Dr. Abramson keep repeating to Myron during their session?
5. What interesting fact did Myron find about Curtis in the newspaper clippings that he was reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Myron's lunch with Sheriff Courter, what does Myron learn of the murderers of Alexander Cross?
2. What transpires at the dinner meeting between Myron and a possible client, Eddie?
3. What kind of person is Myron's mother?
4. What does Senator Bradley Cross tell Myron after he gives him a check for one hundred dollars to retain him?
5. What transpires between Myron and Dimonte after Myron finishes speaking with Roger at the precinct?
6. What MB Sports Reps business do Esperanza and Myron discuss right before he goes to see Valerie's shrink?
7. What is the relationship like between Jessica and Myron?
8. What does Myron discover from Duane about him and Valerie? How does Myron feel about this information?
9. What do Myron and Win wonder about in regards to Deanna Yeller and Helen Van Slyke? Why do they question the ladies' reactions?
10. What occurs between Myron and Jessica in the chapter that he plays basketball with the neighborhood kids?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is violence a theme of the novel? Give examples of violence and explain its impact on the story line.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of a character is Aaron? What is his role in the novel? What happens to him? Is it deserved?
Essay Topic 3
What is Esperanza's role throughout the novel, besides that she works for Myron? Consider her character traits and the influence that she has on the story line when writing your response.
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)