|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myron claim is the difference between him and the big agencies when talking to the Cranes?
2. According to Roger, what was he doing at the US Open the day Valerie died?
3. Who is Roger Quincy?
4. What water company does Duane endorse?
5. Whose sun glasses does Duane wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans do Myron and Win make about the investigation.
2. What transpires between Myron and Dimonte after Myron finishes speaking with Roger at the precinct?
3. How does Duane behave while being questioned by Detective Roland and what is the reason for the interrogation?
4. What information does Myron discover about Curtis Yeller in the newspaper clippings that contradicts what his mother told Myron? What does Myron think about the contradiction?
5. What occurs between Myron and Jessica in the chapter that he plays basketball with the neighborhood kids?
6. What transpires at the dinner meeting between Myron and a possible client, Eddie?
7. What kind of person is Myron's mother?
8. What happens during Myron's appointment with Dr. Abramson?
9. What kind of a character is Win? What is his education? His profession? His financial standing? His attitude?
10. Why is Myron brought to the police station by the two uniformed officers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Helen Van Slyke as much to blame for her daughter's death as the person who killed her? Give evidence from her interaction with others to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
How is Deanna Yeller a victim? Give 2 to 3 examples from the book and use quotes to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
What is Esperanza's role throughout the novel, besides that she works for Myron? Consider her character traits and the influence that she has on the story line when writing your response.
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)