|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sheriff Courter's appearance like?
2. Whose sun glasses does Duane wear?
3. What does Aaron threaten Myron with if Myron doesn't end the investigation?
4. Why does Win insist it is better that he follows Duane?
5. What trivia questions are Myron and Win keeping themselves busy with at the opening of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Myron brought to the police station by the two uniformed officers?
2. Why does Wanda show up at Myron's home?
3. What do Myron and Win wonder about in regards to Deanna Yeller and Helen Van Slyke? Why do they question the ladies' reactions?
4. How does Deanna Yeller respond to Myron when he questions her about her deceased son? What does Myron think about her response?
5. What happens during Myron's appointment with Dr. Abramson?
6. What information does Myron discover about Curtis Yeller in the newspaper clippings that contradicts what his mother told Myron? What does Myron think about the contradiction?
7. Where does the opening scene of the novel take place and why?
8. What happens when Myron calls Gregory Caufield to arrange a meeting with him?
9. What does Roger tell Myron about the day Valerie was murdered?
10. From Chapter 13-18, what questions about the murder have not yet been been answered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Deanna Yeller a victim? Give 2 to 3 examples from the book and use quotes to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
How is Curtis a victim of the system? How does his mother attempt to rectify the situation and how does she ultimately make it worse? Give specific examples from the book and include the impact of her decisions or actions.
Essay Topic 3
How is Valerie a victim of greed? Give evidence of greed in the book and also explain what characters affect her the most.
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)