|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gregory related to the murder of Alexander Cross?
2. What does Dr. Abramson keep repeating to Myron during their session?
3. How do Myron and Sheriff Courter know each other?
4. Where was Myron on his way to when the police showed up at his door?
5. How does Kenneth react to Myron when Myron visits Valerie's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. From Chapter 13-18, what questions about the murder have not yet been been answered?
2. What is the relationship like between Jessica and Myron?
3. What transpires between Myron and Dimonte after Myron finishes speaking with Roger at the precinct?
4. What does Roger tell Myron about the day Valerie was murdered?
5. What information does Gerard Courter give Myron concerning Valerie's case? What does Myron do in return for him?
6. What MB Sports Reps business do Esperanza and Myron discuss right before he goes to see Valerie's shrink?
7. What kind of character is Myron? What is his education? His profession? His financial standing? His attitude?
8. During Myron's lunch with Sheriff Courter, what does Myron learn of the murderers of Alexander Cross?
9. What information does Myron discover about Curtis Yeller in the newspaper clippings that contradicts what his mother told Myron? What does Myron think about the contradiction?
10. What transpires at Valerie's home in Philadelphia when Myron goes to speak with Valerie's mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Jimmy Blaine the true victim in the novel? Cite the book with specific references about the character and the impact the conflicts have on him to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
How is Deanna Yeller a victim? Give 2 to 3 examples from the book and use quotes to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
How does Pavel represent what is wrong with a system that allows adults to profit from children?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)