|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Pavel?
2. What does Helen tell Myron about where she is getting the money?
(a) She says Pavel paid out of guilt.
(b) There was insurance money.
(c) Pavel pays what Valerie might have made.
(d) There was a death benefit.
3. What does Duane like to do before a match?
(a) Spend time alone with Wanda.
(b) Speak only with his coach.
(c) Hang out with a lot of people.
4. What did Myron promise Jessica for their evening after Pavel's death?
(a) Movies and popcorn.
(b) Not to talk about the case.
(c) A full account of everything new Myron learned about the case.
(d) Love and lobster.
5. What does Lucinda Elright do for a living now that she retired?
(a) She runs a day care.
(b) She writes children's books.
(c) She takes care of elderly people.
(d) She is a substitute.
6. What secret does Myron intend to keep?
(a) Duane's true identity.
(b) Frank's involvement with the case.
(c) That Deanna killed Valerie.
(d) Janet's relationship with Pavel.
7. What words does Myron use to tell Jessica how he feels about her when he finally gets to see her after her return?
(a) "We are soul mates."
(b) "I missed you."
(c) "Marry me."
(d) "Please don't leave me again."
8. What pushed Valerie over the edge?
(a) She was kissing another guy at the time her boyfriend's murder.
(b) Watching Alexander get murdered.
(c) Never knowing why Alexander was murdered.
(d) Never becoming a professional tennis player.
9. When did Valerie discover that Duane was Curtis?
(a) Right after the murder.
(b) At Myron's office when they had back to back appointments.
(c) At the tennis academy.
(d) As soon as she saw him play tennis.
10. What is the cue that Win uses to let Myron know that it is safe to approach him at Chelsea's Hotel?
(a) Win will be reading a book.
(b) Win will be reading a newspaper.
(c) Win will be drinking a cup of coffee.
(d) Win will be biting his nails.
11. According to Dr. Abramson's and Myron's hypothetical situation, what was the last straw for Valerie?
(a) Her decline in tennis.
(b) A pregnancy.
(c) Her understanding that she was only a commodity.
(d) The death of Alexander Cross.
12. What question does Jessica pose to Myron concerning Alexander Cross when he finally gets to visit with her?
(a) Were Swade and Yeller scapegoats?
(b) Did Valerie want her boyfriend dead?
(c) Was Pavel involved?
(d) Was Duane involved?
13. What was wrong with Valerie's funeral?
(a) Helen could not stop wailing.
(b) There were too many people there.
(c) It was cookie-cutter and without emotion.
(d) The sermon was endless.
14. What is Duane doing in the player's lounge when Myron visits him right before the match?
(c) Listening to music.
15. What does being out in the woods alone remind Myron of?
(a) The movie "Deliverance."
(b) "The Blair Witch Project."
(c) Robert Frost's poems.
(d) Childhood camping stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Errol and Curtis doing at the club the night of the murder?
2. What is Myron in search of in the glove compartment at the scene of the accident?
3. What is Win doing during his last conversation of the novel with Myron?
4. How does Win beat Aaron the night of Jessica's attack?
5. What piece of information helped Myron put all the pieces of the case together?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)