Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
2. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
3. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
4. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
5. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
Essay Topic 1
Guest was an expert in handwriting analysis. Guest was the first to recognize that the writing styles of Jekyll and Hyde were almost identical. When questioned, Guest claims that Jekyll is not mad. Explain how Guest came about the conclusion regarding Jekyll's sanity and how the mental state changed Jekyll's handwriting.
Essay Topic 2
Jekyll stated that the only basic function he and Hyde shared was their memory. How is it possible that the rest of the two personalities could completely disconnect? If possible, compare that theory to a modern-day criminal.
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Jekyll exhibits peculiar behavior from the very start. How much of this behavior was created by the presence of Hyde? Do you think Jekyll had other personality disorders? If so, what were the symptoms? What could have prevented him from going over the edge?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)