Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
2. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
3. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
4. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
5. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Jekyll exhibits peculiar behavior from the very start. How much of this behavior was created by the presence of Hyde? Do you think Jekyll had other personality disorders? If so, what were the symptoms? What could have prevented him from going over the edge?
Essay Topic 2
Lanyon struggles with the promise he reluctantly made to Jekyll. What caused Lanyon to make such a promise? Do personal or professional ethics have a bearing on Lanyon's decision? How might you have reacted in the same circumstance?
Essay Topic 3
Jekyll calls on Lanyon's professional ethics to keep his secret regarding the experiment. Lanyon is reluctant to do so. What did Jekyll mean by professional ethics? As a back up, Jekyll also called upon Lanyon's friendship and duty. How would those things persuade Lanyon to agree to remain silent?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)