|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like when Utterson and Enfield entered the court?
2. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
3. Carew's death is almost an equal pay off for...
4. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
5. What is one major difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
Essay Topic 1
Good and evil is a main theme in the book. The author uses physical descriptions and allusions to the difference in people depending on whether they embrace good or evil. Explore some of the differences and their meanings in regard to the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Poole had a great deal of influence in the story, in reference to Jekyll, the authority with the household staff, as well as his influence with Utterson. Do you think the characterization of Poole was accurate in the context of the story? Would Poole have been going outside his rank to report to Utterson?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses a series of flashbacks throughout the book in order to explain the behaviors of some of the characters. Do you think the use of flashback was effective or did it cause a deficiency in the story?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)