Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
2. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
3. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
4. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
5. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
Manners and respectability were of the highest order in Victorian times. This can be seen in the way friends disagree as well as Lanyon's reaction to Hyde's impatience and rudeness. Compare and contrast today's societal expectations and allowances when it comes to manners and respectability.
Several of the characters describe Hyde as possessing a deformity without actually being deformed. What did the people mean by that statement? Was it a physical, emotional or spiritual malady? What about Hyde made him appear deformed?
The case takes on a more serious tone when Inspector Newcomen from Scotland Yard enters the scene. Explain why Scotland Yard would become involved in the crime and how the agency's resources may have been more successful than those of the local police.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)