Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
2. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
3. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
4. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
5. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses a series of flashbacks throughout the book in order to explain the behaviors of some of the characters. Do you think the use of flashback was effective or did it cause a deficiency in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Good and evil is a main theme in the book. The author uses physical descriptions and allusions to the difference in people depending on whether they embrace good or evil. Explore some of the differences and their meanings in regard to the theme.
Essay Topic 3
The incident with Utterson and Enfield talking to Jekyll outside the window leads into a use of foreshadowing regarding Jekyll's health and well-being. Utterson and Enfield share a look of horror after Jekyll makes a hasty retreat. The author was trying to tell the reader something. Was the meaning clear? Explain your conclusions.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)