Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
2. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
3. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
4. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
5. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
Essay Topic 1
Poole had a great deal of influence in the story, in reference to Jekyll, the authority with the household staff, as well as his influence with Utterson. Do you think the characterization of Poole was accurate in the context of the story? Would Poole have been going outside his rank to report to Utterson?
Essay Topic 2
Poole was bound by duty to honor Jekyll's wishes. However, after Poole was convinced that there was something seriously wrong with Jekyll, the butler violated his confidences and approached Utterson. Do you think the decision was difficult for Poole to make? Was it the right decision? How might the ending have changed if Poole had not interfered?
Essay Topic 3
Every person who sees Edward Hyde is paralyzed by fear and revulsion. None of the people who see Hyde's face can accurately describe it except to say that the man has an air of deformity without being deformed. What do you think they meant? Explain your opinion of Hyde's appearance.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)