Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
2. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
3. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
4. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
5. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
Jekyll stated that the only basic function he and Hyde shared was their memory. How is it possible that the rest of the two personalities could completely disconnect? If possible, compare that theory to a modern-day criminal.
Dr. Jekyll exhibits peculiar behavior from the very start. How much of this behavior was created by the presence of Hyde? Do you think Jekyll had other personality disorders? If so, what were the symptoms? What could have prevented him from going over the edge?
The author uses a series of flashbacks throughout the book in order to explain the behaviors of some of the characters. Do you think the use of flashback was effective or did it cause a deficiency in the story?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)