|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hyde was on the border of becoming...
2. Who begins to weep at the site of Utterson?
(b) The maid
(c) The cook
3. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
(a) Jekyll refuses to answer the door
(b) Jekyll gratefully receives Utterson
(c) Jekyll refuses to see Utterson
(d) Jekyll runs away
4. What topic is off-limits with Lanyon?
(b) Carew's murder
5. Jekyll tells Utterson he will live a life of...
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
2. How does Jekyll react to Utterson's visit?
3. What effects do the potions cause?
4. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
5. What crime does Poole suspect has gone on inside the surgical theatre?
Short Essay Questions
1. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
2. Jekyll's fall from grace was instigated by a particular interest. What was Jekyll's passion?
3. Utterson decides to go to see Jekyll immediately. How does Jekyll react when Utterson tries to see him?
4. Jekyll reveals all that happened up until the time of his death. What is the purpose of Jekyll's statement?
5. The author makes it clear that Hyde was a metaphor. What did Hyde represent?
6. The letter states that Lanyon can expect a certain event to happen after he fulfills Jekyll's request. What will happen at midnight?
7. Why does Jekyll send a letter to Lanyon?
8. While Utterson and Enfield are speaking to Jekyll, a sudden change comes over the doctor. What about Jekyll shocks Utterson?
9. Jekyll's behavior has become increasingly strange. Why does Poole visit Utterson?
10. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)