|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
(a) Drinks it
(b) Throws it into the fire
(c) Forces Lanyon to eat it
(d) Dumps it on the floor
2. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
(a) Three weeks
(b) One month
(c) Five days
(d) A fortnight
3. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
(a) Where Lanyon confined Utterson
(b) Why Jekyll could not go to the lab himself
(c) Why the scientific entries stopped one year ago
(d) What secrets Jekyll had been keeping from him
4. What crime does Poole suspect has gone on inside the surgical theatre?
5. What was the only common factor between Jekyll and Hyde?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Utterson intend to see Jekyll?
2. To what was Jekyll committed?
3. What items did Jekyll immediately destroy?
4. What item(s) are requested from Lanyon by Hyde?
5. How does Utterson react to the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jekyll send a letter to Lanyon?
2. Jekyll reveals all that happened up until the time of his death. What is the purpose of Jekyll's statement?
3. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
4. While Utterson and Enfield are speaking to Jekyll, a sudden change comes over the doctor. What about Jekyll shocks Utterson?
5. The letter states that Lanyon can expect a certain event to happen after he fulfills Jekyll's request. What will happen at midnight?
6. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
7. According to Jekyll, who will be visiting Lanyon at his home?
8. Lanyon made it clear that certain subjects were off the table. Why did Lanyon not want to discuss Jekyll?
9. Jekyll finally reveals his deep dark secret to Lanyon. What is Lanyon's reaction to Jekyll's secret?
10. Utterson and Enfield are old friends but it is revealed that they are also related. What is their relation?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)