|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lanyon react to meeting Hyde?
(a) Lanyon was afraid
(b) Lanyon was puzzled
(c) Lanyon was disgusted
(d) Lanyon was annoyed
2. How long has it been since the change in Jekyll's behavior?
(a) 12 days
(b) 8 days
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 3 days
3. What was the main physical difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(a) Hair color
(d) Manner of dress
4. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
(a) Moving away from London
(d) Going on a vacation
5. Utterson and Poole go on a quest for what?
(b) Jekyll's body
(d) A key
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
2. To what was Jekyll committed?
3. What is one major difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
4. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
5. What is the name of the footman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jekyll claims that his house is not fit for company. What solution does Jekyll offer?
2. How long has Jekyll's strange behavior been going on?
3. Why was Utterson hesitant to bring up Lanyon's failing health?
4. Jekyll's fall from grace was instigated by a particular interest. What was Jekyll's passion?
5. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
6. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
7. Lanyon made it clear that certain subjects were off the table. Why did Lanyon not want to discuss Jekyll?
8. Although spectators were aghast, Jekyll did not know why. How did Jekyll avoid knowing how Hyde affected his image?
9. Utterson decides to go to see Jekyll immediately. How does Jekyll react when Utterson tries to see him?
10. What was the first major change Jekyll noticed about his body in regard to Hyde?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)