|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Utterson and Poole go on a quest for what?
(a) Jekyll's body
(b) A key
2. On what day did Lanyon receive the letter from Jekyll?
(a) January 9
(b) January 12
(c) February 3
(d) March 7
3. How does Jekyll react to the terror?
(a) He screams
(b) He begins to cry
(c) He begs for help
(d) He goes back inside
4. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
(a) Forces Lanyon to eat it
(b) Drinks it
(c) Dumps it on the floor
(d) Throws it into the fire
5. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
(a) After Utterson takes an oath
(b) After he dies
(c) After Jekyll dies
(d) After Hyde is in jail
Short Answer Questions
1. Jekyll no longer feared the gallows. Instead, he came to fear...
2. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
3. What does Utterson find in Jekyll's office?
4. What have Jekyll and Lanyon decided?
5. What behavior did Lanyon find unacceptable?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
2. Jekyll reveals all that happened up until the time of his death. What is the purpose of Jekyll's statement?
3. Utterson and Enfield are old friends but it is revealed that they are also related. What is their relation?
4. The author makes it clear that Hyde was a metaphor. What did Hyde represent?
5. Why was Utterson hesitant to bring up Lanyon's failing health?
6. Jekyll is pale and sickly looking when the men visit. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
7. Jekyll claims that his house is not fit for company. What solution does Jekyll offer?
8. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
9. What is it in Jekyll's response that does not convince Utterson or Poole that everything is all right?
10. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)