|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the weather like when Utterson and Enfield entered the court?
(b) Hot and dry
(c) Cool and damp
2. What was the main physical difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(a) Hair color
(c) Manner of dress
3. What did Lanyon leave behind for Utterson?
(a) 1000 pounds
(b) His dog
(c) A personal letter
4. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
(a) To become a highly respected scientist
(b) To understand God
(c) To write a novel
(d) Two separate the two sides of man
5. Utterson tells Enfield that his first sighting of Hyde made him feel...
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the change in Jekyll's behavior?
2. What does Utterson suggest Jekyll bring along on their walk?
3. How is Jekyll sure that Hyde will not be apprehended?
4. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
5. What causes Hyde to apologize?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jekyll, who will be visiting Lanyon at his home?
2. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
3. How long has Jekyll's strange behavior been going on?
4. Utterson and Enfield are old friends but it is revealed that they are also related. What is their relation?
5. After Lanyon died, Utterson received a sealed envelope from his old friend. How did Utterson react to the bequest from Lanyon?
6. What were Utterson and Enfield doing when they spotted Jekyll?
7. Utterson became increasingly upset when his efforts to help Jekyll were denied. Why did Utterson write a letter to Jekyll?
8. Jekyll has become desperate and continually begs for relief. Jekyll has been crying day and night over the lack of what item?
9. Why does Jekyll send a letter to Lanyon?
10. Why was Utterson hesitant to bring up Lanyon's failing health?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)