|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who could not be suspected for the crime spree?
2. Where does Poole have to go on a daily basis?
(c) Hyde's house
(d) Doctor's office
3. Jekyll refers to man's duplicitous nature as being...
(a) A genuine relief
(d) A curse of mankind
4. What color is not associated with the potions?
5. Utterson compares Jekyll to...
(a) A disconsolate prisoner
(b) His old school friend
(c) A cheerful maiden
(d) A grieving widow
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utterson find in Jekyll's office?
2. How does Jekyll react to Utterson's visit?
3. How does Jekyll refer to the murder of Carew?
4. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
5. Hyde was on the border of becoming...
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first major change Jekyll noticed about his body in regard to Hyde?
2. Jekyll is pale and sickly looking when the men visit. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
3. Jekyll has become desperate and continually begs for relief. Jekyll has been crying day and night over the lack of what item?
4. What is it in Jekyll's response that does not convince Utterson or Poole that everything is all right?
5. Although spectators were aghast, Jekyll did not know why. How did Jekyll avoid knowing how Hyde affected his image?
6. Utterson and Enfield are old friends but it is revealed that they are also related. What is their relation?
7. Utterson became increasingly upset when his efforts to help Jekyll were denied. Why did Utterson write a letter to Jekyll?
8. While Utterson and Enfield are speaking to Jekyll, a sudden change comes over the doctor. What about Jekyll shocks Utterson?
9. Why does Jekyll send a letter to Lanyon?
10. The letter to Lanyon is peculiar and contains a specific request. What favor does Jekyll ask of Lanyon?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)