|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did Lanyon receive the letter from Jekyll?
(a) February 3
(b) March 7
(c) January 9
(d) January 12
2. What crime does Poole suspect has gone on inside the surgical theatre?
3. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
(a) Forces Lanyon to eat it
(b) Dumps it on the floor
(c) Drinks it
(d) Throws it into the fire
4. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
(a) Man with a mission
(b) Chief of sinners
(c) Chief of chiefs
(d) Director of science
5. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
(a) Moving away from London
(b) Going on a vacation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hyde demand from Lanyon?
2. Where was Jekyll's secondary home?
3. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
4. What does Jekyll say about his depression?
5. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
2. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
3. What were Utterson and Enfield doing when they spotted Jekyll?
4. The author makes it clear that Hyde was a metaphor. What did Hyde represent?
5. Jekyll's fall from grace was instigated by a particular interest. What was Jekyll's passion?
6. Jekyll claims that his house is not fit for company. What solution does Jekyll offer?
7. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
8. Why does Jekyll send a letter to Lanyon?
9. While Utterson and Enfield are speaking to Jekyll, a sudden change comes over the doctor. What about Jekyll shocks Utterson?
10. Lanyon watches as Jekyll demonstrates his biggest triumph and failure. What is Jekyll's secret?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)