|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
(a) Two separate the two sides of man
(b) To become a highly respected scientist
(c) To understand God
(d) To write a novel
2. Who could not be suspected for the crime spree?
3. Who visits Utterson at his home?
4. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
5. What has changed with Dr. Lanyon?
(a) He has gained weight
(b) He has retired
(c) He is dying
(d) He refuses to see Utterson
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
2. What items did Jekyll immediately destroy?
3. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
4. What time will Lanyon's guest arrive?
5. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first major change Jekyll noticed about his body in regard to Hyde?
2. Lanyon made it clear that certain subjects were off the table. Why did Lanyon not want to discuss Jekyll?
3. After Lanyon died, Utterson received a sealed envelope from his old friend. How did Utterson react to the bequest from Lanyon?
4. What were Utterson and Enfield doing when they spotted Jekyll?
5. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
6. Poole is frantic when he visits Utterson. How does Utterson respond to Poole's concerns?
7. According to Jekyll, who will be visiting Lanyon at his home?
8. What is it in Jekyll's response that does not convince Utterson or Poole that everything is all right?
9. Why does Jekyll send a letter to Lanyon?
10. While Utterson and Enfield are speaking to Jekyll, a sudden change comes over the doctor. What about Jekyll shocks Utterson?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)