|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic is off-limits with Lanyon?
(d) Carew's murder
2. What behavior did Lanyon find unacceptable?
(a) Enfield's excitement
(b) Hyde's lack of manners
(c) Jekyll's insinuations
(d) Making a house call late in the evening
3. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
(b) Distinguished future
4. What is one major difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(a) Eye color
(b) Manner of dress
5. Which of these things was not part of Jekyll's theory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Jekyll and Lanyon decided?
2. Who is waiting to greet Lanyon?
3. What did Lanyon leave behind for Utterson?
4. What color is not associated with the potions?
5. What effects do the potions cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. The author makes it clear that Hyde was a metaphor. What did Hyde represent?
2. According to Jekyll, who will be visiting Lanyon at his home?
3. Jekyll finally reveals his deep dark secret to Lanyon. What is Lanyon's reaction to Jekyll's secret?
4. How long has Jekyll's strange behavior been going on?
5. Jekyll reveals all that happened up until the time of his death. What is the purpose of Jekyll's statement?
6. What was the first major change Jekyll noticed about his body in regard to Hyde?
7. Jekyll has become desperate and continually begs for relief. Jekyll has been crying day and night over the lack of what item?
8. Why was Utterson so confused by Jekyll's return to seclusion?
9. Although spectators were aghast, Jekyll did not know why. How did Jekyll avoid knowing how Hyde affected his image?
10. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)