|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hyde demand from Lanyon?
2. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
(a) Director of science
(b) Man with a mission
(c) Chief of chiefs
(d) Chief of sinners
3. What is Lanyon's first name?
4. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
(b) Moving away from London
(c) Going on a vacation
5. Who could not be suspected for the crime spree?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the overall emotional state of the servants?
2. What items did Jekyll immediately destroy?
3. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
4. What is the name of the footman?
5. What effects do the potions cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it in Jekyll's response that does not convince Utterson or Poole that everything is all right?
2. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
3. Jekyll's fall from grace was instigated by a particular interest. What was Jekyll's passion?
4. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
5. How long has Jekyll's strange behavior been going on?
6. After Lanyon died, Utterson received a sealed envelope from his old friend. How did Utterson react to the bequest from Lanyon?
7. The author makes it clear that Hyde was a metaphor. What did Hyde represent?
8. What were Utterson and Enfield doing when they spotted Jekyll?
9. Although spectators were aghast, Jekyll did not know why. How did Jekyll avoid knowing how Hyde affected his image?
10. Poole is frantic when he visits Utterson. How does Utterson respond to Poole's concerns?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)