|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Utterson and Enfield talk about as they leave Jekyll's house?
(d) The weather
2. Jekyll refers to man's duplicitous nature as being...
(a) A curse of mankind
(c) A genuine relief
3. What happens after Jekyll returns to the house?
(a) Utterson calls for police
(b) The men contact Poole for help
(c) Utterson and Enfield leave
(d) Utterson shouts for Jekyll to return
4. Jekyll no longer feared the gallows. Instead, he came to fear...
(a) Losing his family fortune
(b) Alienating his friends
(c) Becoming Hyde
(d) Disappearing into thin air
5. What does Utterson feel might help Jekyll?
(a) Fresh air
(b) A new environment
(d) A friend
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Utterson react to the news?
2. What was the main physical difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
3. What crime does Poole suspect has gone on inside the surgical theatre?
4. What happens repeatedly when Utterson visits Jekyll?
5. How did Utterson know the object was authentic?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Utterson and Enfield are speaking to Jekyll, a sudden change comes over the doctor. What about Jekyll shocks Utterson?
2. Jekyll finally reveals his deep dark secret to Lanyon. What is Lanyon's reaction to Jekyll's secret?
3. Why was Utterson hesitant to bring up Lanyon's failing health?
4. Jekyll's behavior has become increasingly strange. Why does Poole visit Utterson?
5. Jekyll is pale and sickly looking when the men visit. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
6. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
7. What was the first major change Jekyll noticed about his body in regard to Hyde?
8. Utterson decides to go to see Jekyll immediately. How does Jekyll react when Utterson tries to see him?
9. Jekyll reveals all that happened up until the time of his death. What is the purpose of Jekyll's statement?
10. Poole is frantic when he visits Utterson. How does Utterson respond to Poole's concerns?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)