|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did Lanyon receive the letter from Jekyll?
(a) January 9
(b) February 3
(c) January 12
(d) March 7
2. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
3. What does Utterson suggest Jekyll bring along on their walk?
(a) An umbrella
(b) A coat
(c) A hat
(d) A cane
4. What happens repeatedly when Utterson visits Jekyll?
(a) Utterson is denied admittance
(b) Utterson is invited to the lab
(c) The men argue
(d) Jekyll falls ill
5. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
(a) Thousands of pounds
(b) 250 pounds
(c) 500 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. Jekyll compares the side effect of the medicine to...
2. What time will Lanyon's guest arrive?
3. Who visits Utterson at his home?
4. What happens after Jekyll returns to the house?
5. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jekyll send a letter to Lanyon?
2. Jekyll has become desperate and continually begs for relief. Jekyll has been crying day and night over the lack of what item?
3. Why was Utterson so confused by Jekyll's return to seclusion?
4. Jekyll's fall from grace was instigated by a particular interest. What was Jekyll's passion?
5. Utterson and Enfield are old friends but it is revealed that they are also related. What is their relation?
6. Jekyll finally reveals his deep dark secret to Lanyon. What is Lanyon's reaction to Jekyll's secret?
7. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
8. How long has Jekyll's strange behavior been going on?
9. The author makes it clear that Hyde was a metaphor. What did Hyde represent?
10. After Lanyon died, Utterson received a sealed envelope from his old friend. How did Utterson react to the bequest from Lanyon?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)