|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Utterson respond to Jekyll's increased seclusion?
(a) There was no change
(b) Utterson continued to call every day
(c) Utterson visited less often
(d) Utterson asked Poole for reports
2. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
(a) Dumps it on the floor
(b) Forces Lanyon to eat it
(c) Throws it into the fire
(d) Drinks it
3. Utterson compares Jekyll to...
(a) A disconsolate prisoner
(b) A cheerful maiden
(c) A grieving widow
(d) His old school friend
4. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
(b) Moving away from London
(d) Going on a vacation
5. Jekyll no longer feared the gallows. Instead, he came to fear...
(a) Becoming Hyde
(b) Disappearing into thin air
(c) Losing his family fortune
(d) Alienating his friends
Short Answer Questions
1. What behavior did Lanyon find unacceptable?
2. What was missing from Jekyll's lab?
3. What is one major difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
4. Utterson tells Enfield that his first sighting of Hyde made him feel...
5. How does Utterson react to the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Utterson hesitant to bring up Lanyon's failing health?
2. How long has Jekyll's strange behavior been going on?
3. Poole is frantic when he visits Utterson. How does Utterson respond to Poole's concerns?
4. Jekyll is pale and sickly looking when the men visit. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
5. Utterson and Enfield are old friends but it is revealed that they are also related. What is their relation?
6. Jekyll finally reveals his deep dark secret to Lanyon. What is Lanyon's reaction to Jekyll's secret?
7. The letter states that Lanyon can expect a certain event to happen after he fulfills Jekyll's request. What will happen at midnight?
8. Jekyll's behavior has become increasingly strange. Why does Poole visit Utterson?
9. Lanyon watches as Jekyll demonstrates his biggest triumph and failure. What is Jekyll's secret?
10. Jekyll's fall from grace was instigated by a particular interest. What was Jekyll's passion?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)