|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
2. How did Utterson know the object was authentic?
(a) It looked authentic
(b) It was hand delivered
(c) It contained Lanyon's signature
(d) Lanyon's personal seal
3. How is Jekyll sure that Hyde will not be apprehended?
(a) Hyde does not exist
(b) Jekyll has an excellent hiding place
(c) Someone else will be blamed
(d) The crime was undetected
4. What was the only common factor between Jekyll and Hyde?
5. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
(b) They are not related
(c) Uncle and nephew
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
2. What happens when the liquid is mixed with the crystals?
3. Where does Poole have to go on a daily basis?
4. What is the overall emotional state of the servants?
5. Utterson compares Jekyll to...
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jekyll send a letter to Lanyon?
2. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
3. Lanyon made it clear that certain subjects were off the table. Why did Lanyon not want to discuss Jekyll?
4. What is it in Jekyll's response that does not convince Utterson or Poole that everything is all right?
5. Poole is frantic when he visits Utterson. How does Utterson respond to Poole's concerns?
6. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
7. According to Jekyll, who will be visiting Lanyon at his home?
8. Utterson and Enfield are old friends but it is revealed that they are also related. What is their relation?
9. Jekyll claims that his house is not fit for company. What solution does Jekyll offer?
10. Jekyll has become desperate and continually begs for relief. Jekyll has been crying day and night over the lack of what item?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)