|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jekyll sure that Hyde will not be apprehended?
(a) The crime was undetected
(b) Hyde does not exist
(c) Someone else will be blamed
(d) Jekyll has an excellent hiding place
2. What item was not found in Jekyll's laboratory?
(a) Blood red liquor
(b) Experiment documentation
3. How does Utterson react to the news?
(a) Utterson weeps
(b) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house
(c) Utterson writes off the news as hysteria
(d) Utterson calls the police
4. What behavior did Lanyon find unacceptable?
(a) Hyde's lack of manners
(b) Enfield's excitement
(c) Jekyll's insinuations
(d) Making a house call late in the evening
5. What is the overall emotional state of the servants?
(a) The servants are relieved
(b) The servants are annoyed
(c) The servants are afraid
(d) The servants are angry
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to weep at the site of Utterson?
2. Who is the new beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
3. How long has Poole worked for Jekyll?
4. What was the deadline for Jekyll returning to his former state?
5. According to hide what has Lanyon disregarded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jekyll is pale and sickly looking when the men visit. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
2. Utterson became increasingly upset when his efforts to help Jekyll were denied. Why did Utterson write a letter to Jekyll?
3. Utterson decides to go to see Jekyll immediately. How does Jekyll react when Utterson tries to see him?
4. What is it in Jekyll's response that does not convince Utterson or Poole that everything is all right?
5. While Utterson and Enfield are speaking to Jekyll, a sudden change comes over the doctor. What about Jekyll shocks Utterson?
6. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
7. Jekyll finally reveals his deep dark secret to Lanyon. What is Lanyon's reaction to Jekyll's secret?
8. The letter to Lanyon is peculiar and contains a specific request. What favor does Jekyll ask of Lanyon?
9. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
10. Lanyon made it clear that certain subjects were off the table. Why did Lanyon not want to discuss Jekyll?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)