|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
(a) His dog
2. What word is used to describe the condition of the building?
3. What item did Jekyll burn?
(a) Murder weapon
(b) Bloody clothes
(c) Cheque book
4. What is Jekyll's title?
5. What is Hyde's response when Utterson claims they have a mutual friend?
(a) Hyde denies knowing the mutual friend
(b) The conversation is interrupted
(c) Hyde accuses Utterson of lying
(d) Hyde ignores Utterson
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the victim killed?
2. What is the name of the stranger?
3. What was the name of the victim?
4. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
5. What does the clerk examine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Utterson attempts to speak with Jekyll about his isolation and obvious distress. What does Jekyll refuse to talk about?
2. The police take detailed information about the crime with the child. When was the stranger first seen?
3. What object cemented Utterson's theory that the murderer was Hyde?
4. As a friend and attorney, Utterson frequently helped Jekyll with legal matters. Why is Utterson disturbed by Jekyll's will?
5. As Utterson and Jekyll speak, Utterson notices a drastic change in his friend's demeanor. What causes Jekyll to turn pale?
6. Jekyll presents a strong argument for Utterson to respect his wishes regarding the will. What causes Utterson to finally concede to Jekyll's will?
7. What is the butler's response when Utterson asks him about Hyde?
8. What was the condition of Hyde's house when it was inspected?
9. Utterson visits Jekyll and is shown the note from Hyde. What does Jekyll lie to Utterson about?
10. A stranger on the street attracted the attention of many bystanders, including Mr. Enfield. Why was Mr. Enfield shocked by the stranger?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)