|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admitted Utterson to Jekyll's house?
(c) The maid
2. What color was the victim's hair?
3. How old is Jekyll?
4. Who identified the victim?
(a) The maid
(c) Police chief
5. Why does Utterson go to Jekyll's house?
(a) Utterson needs to see Hyde's face
(b) Utterson is worried about Jekyll
(c) There are questions about the will
(d) Utterson has insomnia
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Enfield has a rule about what?
2. What should happen if Jekyll disappears?
3. How does Jekyll react when Utterson mentions Hyde?
4. What evidence does Jekyll give to Utterson?
5. How is the money paid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Shortly after Carew's murder took place, Utterson was notified. Why did the police contact Utterson?
2. What was Utterson's issue with Jekyll's legal business?
3. Utterson and Jekyll manage to get some time alone at the end of the evening. What topic did Utterson broach with Jekyll?
4. What was the condition of Hyde's house when it was inspected?
5. There is speculation that Jekyll's good standing could be destroyed. What might damage Jekyll's reputation?
6. What is the butler's response when Utterson asks him about Hyde?
7. How does Hyde react when Utterson says that their mutual friend is Jekyll?
8. Utterson attempts to speak with Jekyll about his isolation and obvious distress. What does Jekyll refuse to talk about?
9. A maid sitting in an upstairs window witnesses the murder of Sir Carew. Why did the maid wait so long to contact the police?
10. The street was deserted when the murder took place. How was the murderer first identified?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)