|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jekyll react when Utterson mentions Hyde?
(a) Jekyll becomes angry
(b) Jekyll ignores Utterson
(c) The conversation is interrupted
(d) Jekyll turns pale
2. Who narrates the chapter?
3. How much money does the girl's family get?
4. Lanyon feels what has happened to Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll has been abducted
(b) Jekyll is seriously ill
(c) Jekyll has gone mad
(d) Hyde is blackmailing Jekyll
5. How is the money paid?
(a) Gold coins and a check
(d) Cashier's check
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occasion for the meeting?
2. What item was found on the victim?
3. What is Hyde's first name?
4. What time did the maid call the police?
5. What are the servants' orders in regard to Hyde?
Short Essay Questions
1. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
2. What were Utterson and Enfield doing when they spotted Jekyll?
3. A stranger on the street attracted the attention of many bystanders, including Mr. Enfield. Why was Mr. Enfield shocked by the stranger?
4. Why does Utterson pay a visit to Dr. Lanyon?
5. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
6. While Utterson and Enfield are speaking to Jekyll, a sudden change comes over the doctor. What about Jekyll shocks Utterson?
7. What is it in Jekyll's response that does not convince Utterson or Poole that everything is all right?
8. Jekyll finally reveals his deep dark secret to Lanyon. What is Lanyon's reaction to Jekyll's secret?
9. Utterson and Enfield come upon a building with no windows and a mysterious door. What is so strange about the door?
10. According to Jekyll, who will be visiting Lanyon at his home?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)