|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the victim?
2. What is the name of Jekyll's lawyer?
3. In which era does the story take place?
4. What is the name of the stranger?
5. What color was the victim's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did the police retrieve from the ashes?
2. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
3. The author says that the lamps glittered like...
4. What is the name of the lawyer's friend?
5. How was the victim killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. The police take detailed information about the crime with the child. When was the stranger first seen?
2. As Jekyll remains locked in his lab, he suddenly becomes agitated. Why is Jekyll upset?
3. Utterson and Jekyll manage to get some time alone at the end of the evening. What topic did Utterson broach with Jekyll?
4. There is speculation that Jekyll's good standing could be destroyed. What might damage Jekyll's reputation?
5. What object cemented Utterson's theory that the murderer was Hyde?
6. G.J. Utterson is a lawyer who appears in the first part of the book. Given Utterson's occupation, what is unusual about his behavior?
7. As Utterson and Jekyll speak, Utterson notices a drastic change in his friend's demeanor. What causes Jekyll to turn pale?
8. Jekyll presents a strong argument for Utterson to respect his wishes regarding the will. What causes Utterson to finally concede to Jekyll's will?
9. Shortly after Carew's murder took place, Utterson was notified. Why did the police contact Utterson?
10. What is the butler's response when Utterson asks him about Hyde?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)