|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
(a) Inspector Newcomen
(b) Police Chief Danvers
(c) Sergeant Schultz
(d) Constable Scott
2. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(a) Past crimes
(b) Jekyll's name
(d) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
3. What does the clerk examine?
(c) Crime scene
4. Where do the old friends meet?
(a) Utterson's office
(b) On the street
(c) Jekyll's house
(d) Jekyll's laboratory
5. What happens with the check?
(a) It cleared
(b) It was accidentally shredded
(c) It got lost
(d) It was not signed
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Enfield describe Hyde to Utterson?
2. Who did the made recognize on the street?
3. What are the servants' orders in regard to Hyde?
4. How does Jekyll react when Utterson mentions Hyde?
5. Who admitted Utterson to Jekyll's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What object cemented Utterson's theory that the murderer was Hyde?
2. Utterson and Lanyon are relieved when Jekyll takes a break from his ongoing isolation. Who was invited to dinner at Jekyll's house?
3. What was the condition of Hyde's house when it was inspected?
4. A maid sitting in an upstairs window witnesses the murder of Sir Carew. Why did the maid wait so long to contact the police?
5. The police take detailed information about the crime with the child. When was the stranger first seen?
6. Utterson visits Jekyll and is shown the note from Hyde. What does Jekyll lie to Utterson about?
7. As a friend and attorney, Utterson frequently helped Jekyll with legal matters. Why is Utterson disturbed by Jekyll's will?
8. Utterson attempts to speak with Jekyll about his isolation and obvious distress. What does Jekyll refuse to talk about?
9. Utterson and Jekyll manage to get some time alone at the end of the evening. What topic did Utterson broach with Jekyll?
10. The traumatized family received money for their troubles. Who wrote the check?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)