|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The clerk possessed what special skill?
(b) Writing letters
(c) Handwriting analysis
2. Who did the made recognize on the street?
(d) Her master
3. What is the name of the stranger?
4. How does Jekyll hear about the murder?
(d) People in the square
5. The author says that the lamps glittered like...
(a) Moon rays
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange object captures the eyes of the friends as they walk down the street?
2. Where did Hyde live?
3. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
4. What evidence does Jekyll give to Utterson?
5. What was the noise heard by the maid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Utterson and Jekyll manage to get some time alone at the end of the evening. What topic did Utterson broach with Jekyll?
2. Utterson attempts to speak with Jekyll about his isolation and obvious distress. What does Jekyll refuse to talk about?
3. What object cemented Utterson's theory that the murderer was Hyde?
4. A maid sitting in an upstairs window witnesses the murder of Sir Carew. Why did the maid wait so long to contact the police?
5. Utterson and Lanyon are relieved when Jekyll takes a break from his ongoing isolation. Who was invited to dinner at Jekyll's house?
6. As Utterson and Jekyll speak, Utterson notices a drastic change in his friend's demeanor. What causes Jekyll to turn pale?
7. What was Utterson's issue with Jekyll's legal business?
8. Utterson and Enfield were discussing Jekyll but Enfield would not speak the doctor's name aloud. Why did Enfield refuse to reveal Jekyll's name?
9. Utterson and Enfield come upon a building with no windows and a mysterious door. What is so strange about the door?
10. Utterson's feeling of dread begins to strengthen. What convinces Utterson that Jekyll is in big trouble?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)