|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was used as the murder weapon?
(a) Cricket bat
(b) Walking stick
2. Who is the beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
(a) His dog
3. Who did the made recognize on the street?
(a) Her master
4. What did Hyde dictate for Jekyll?
(c) Dinner menu
5. What's the name of Utterson's clerk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object gave away the identity of the murderer?
2. What term does Lanyon use to describe Jekyll's experiments?
3. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
4. What are the servants' orders in regard to Hyde?
5. Which was not in Jekyll's laboratory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What object cemented Utterson's theory that the murderer was Hyde?
2. As a friend and attorney, Utterson frequently helped Jekyll with legal matters. Why is Utterson disturbed by Jekyll's will?
3. A stranger on the street attracted the attention of many bystanders, including Mr. Enfield. Why was Mr. Enfield shocked by the stranger?
4. Utterson visits Jekyll and is shown the note from Hyde. What does Jekyll lie to Utterson about?
5. Utterson finally has the opportunity to meet Mr. Hyde. What is the overall impression Utterson has of Hyde?
6. There is speculation that Jekyll's good standing could be destroyed. What might damage Jekyll's reputation?
7. Utterson attempts to speak with Jekyll about his isolation and obvious distress. What does Jekyll refuse to talk about?
8. Utterson is restless and decides that he must go immediately to Jekyll's house. Why does Utterson go to Jekyll's house?
9. Utterson's feeling of dread begins to strengthen. What convinces Utterson that Jekyll is in big trouble?
10. As Utterson and Jekyll speak, Utterson notices a drastic change in his friend's demeanor. What causes Jekyll to turn pale?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)