|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did the police retrieve from the ashes?
(a) Travel itinerary
(b) Packet of letters
(c) Cheque book
2. What is the occasion for the meeting?
(a) Casual get-together
(b) Accidental meeting
(c) Business meeting
(d) Dinner party
3. Approximately how much time passed before the murder took place?
(a) Three months
(b) Six months
(c) Two years
(d) One year
4. Who did the stranger terrorize?
(b) Little Girl
5. If science is related to intellect than heresy is related to
(b) Emotional stability
(d) Proven fact
Short Answer Questions
1. What should happen if Jekyll disappears?
2. Who did the made recognize on the street?
3. What term does Lanyon use to describe Jekyll's experiments?
4. What's the name of Utterson's clerk?
5. What was the name of the victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. There is speculation that Jekyll's good standing could be destroyed. What might damage Jekyll's reputation?
2. What was Utterson's issue with Jekyll's legal business?
3. A stranger on the street attracted the attention of many bystanders, including Mr. Enfield. Why was Mr. Enfield shocked by the stranger?
4. Utterson and Lanyon are relieved when Jekyll takes a break from his ongoing isolation. Who was invited to dinner at Jekyll's house?
5. Jekyll presents a strong argument for Utterson to respect his wishes regarding the will. What causes Utterson to finally concede to Jekyll's will?
6. Shortly after Carew's murder took place, Utterson was notified. Why did the police contact Utterson?
7. As Jekyll remains locked in his lab, he suddenly becomes agitated. Why is Jekyll upset?
8. Utterson and Enfield were discussing Jekyll but Enfield would not speak the doctor's name aloud. Why did Enfield refuse to reveal Jekyll's name?
9. G.J. Utterson is a lawyer who appears in the first part of the book. Given Utterson's occupation, what is unusual about his behavior?
10. A maid sitting in an upstairs window witnesses the murder of Sir Carew. Why did the maid wait so long to contact the police?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)