|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange object captures the eyes of the friends as they walk down the street?
(c) Post box
2. What's the name of Utterson's clerk?
3. What did the dinner guests have in common?
(a) They all liked Sherlock Holmes
(b) All were doctors
(c) They all liked wine
(d) All were 50 years old
4. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
(a) Police Chief Danvers
(b) Constable Scott
(c) Inspector Newcomen
(d) Sergeant Schultz
5. What object did Hyde carry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
2. What term does Lanyon use to describe Jekyll's experiments?
3. How does Hyde come and go from Jekyll's house?
4. Why does Jekyll apologize for Hyde?
5. In which era does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the condition of Hyde's house when it was inspected?
2. How does Hyde react when Utterson says that their mutual friend is Jekyll?
3. A maid sitting in an upstairs window witnesses the murder of Sir Carew. Why did the maid wait so long to contact the police?
4. Although Utterson was a quiet man who was not prone to being the center of attention, people seemed to flock to him. Why did people like to be in Utterson's company?
5. Why does Utterson pay a visit to Dr. Lanyon?
6. What was Utterson's issue with Jekyll's legal business?
7. Utterson is restless and decides that he must go immediately to Jekyll's house. Why does Utterson go to Jekyll's house?
8. What is the butler's response when Utterson asks him about Hyde?
9. As Jekyll remains locked in his lab, he suddenly becomes agitated. Why is Jekyll upset?
10. Utterson and Lanyon are relieved when Jekyll takes a break from his ongoing isolation. Who was invited to dinner at Jekyll's house?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)