|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(a) Jekyll's name
(b) Past crimes
(d) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
2. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
(a) Garden shed
(b) Carriage house
(d) Dissecting rooms
3. What color was the victim's hair?
4. Where do the old friends meet?
(a) Jekyll's laboratory
(b) Jekyll's house
(c) Utterson's office
(d) On the street
5. What is Jekyll's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Lanyon use to describe Jekyll's experiments?
2. What's the name of Utterson's clerk?
3. What is the occasion for the meeting?
4. Who has a copy of Jekyll's will?
5. What item was found on the victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. A stranger on the street attracted the attention of many bystanders, including Mr. Enfield. Why was Mr. Enfield shocked by the stranger?
2. What object cemented Utterson's theory that the murderer was Hyde?
3. The street was deserted when the murder took place. How was the murderer first identified?
4. There is speculation that Jekyll's good standing could be destroyed. What might damage Jekyll's reputation?
5. Utterson visits Jekyll and is shown the note from Hyde. What does Jekyll lie to Utterson about?
6. As Utterson and Jekyll speak, Utterson notices a drastic change in his friend's demeanor. What causes Jekyll to turn pale?
7. G.J. Utterson is a lawyer who appears in the first part of the book. Given Utterson's occupation, what is unusual about his behavior?
8. What was the condition of Hyde's house when it was inspected?
9. Utterson and Enfield were discussing Jekyll but Enfield would not speak the doctor's name aloud. Why did Enfield refuse to reveal Jekyll's name?
10. Why does Utterson pay a visit to Dr. Lanyon?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)