|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial thought regarding the stranger's relationship with Jekyll?
2. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(a) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
(b) Jekyll's name
(c) Past crimes
3. What was the noise heard by the maid?
(c) Bones shattering
4. Who has a copy of Jekyll's will?
5. How does Jekyll hear about the murder?
(b) People in the square
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these was not located near Hyde's house?
2. The clerk possessed what special skill?
3. In which era does the story take place?
4. What topic does Utterson broach when he is finally alone with Jekyll?
5. What object did Hyde carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. The traumatized family received money for their troubles. Who wrote the check?
2. What was the condition of Hyde's house when it was inspected?
3. As Utterson and Jekyll speak, Utterson notices a drastic change in his friend's demeanor. What causes Jekyll to turn pale?
4. The police take detailed information about the crime with the child. When was the stranger first seen?
5. What is the butler's response when Utterson asks him about Hyde?
6. Utterson and Jekyll manage to get some time alone at the end of the evening. What topic did Utterson broach with Jekyll?
7. How does Hyde react when Utterson says that their mutual friend is Jekyll?
8. Utterson and Lanyon are relieved when Jekyll takes a break from his ongoing isolation. Who was invited to dinner at Jekyll's house?
9. Utterson finally has the opportunity to meet Mr. Hyde. What is the overall impression Utterson has of Hyde?
10. Utterson's feeling of dread begins to strengthen. What convinces Utterson that Jekyll is in big trouble?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)