|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object gave away the identity of the murderer?
(c) Fountain pen
2. How does Jekyll hear about the murder?
(c) People in the square
3. What time did the maid call the police?
(b) 2 A.M.
(c) 3 A.M.
(d) 11 P.M.
4. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
5. What is Carew's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. If science is related to intellect than heresy is related to
2. Who has a copy of Jekyll's will?
3. What color was the victim's hair?
4. What are the servants' orders in regard to Hyde?
5. What item did the police retrieve from the ashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Utterson finally has the opportunity to meet Mr. Hyde. What is the overall impression Utterson has of Hyde?
2. Utterson is relieved but not reassured by Jekyll's promise to never do something ever again. What does Jekyll say he would never do again?
3. What object cemented Utterson's theory that the murderer was Hyde?
4. As Jekyll remains locked in his lab, he suddenly becomes agitated. Why is Jekyll upset?
5. A maid sitting in an upstairs window witnesses the murder of Sir Carew. Why did the maid wait so long to contact the police?
6. As a friend and attorney, Utterson frequently helped Jekyll with legal matters. Why is Utterson disturbed by Jekyll's will?
7. How does Hyde react when Utterson says that their mutual friend is Jekyll?
8. G.J. Utterson is a lawyer who appears in the first part of the book. Given Utterson's occupation, what is unusual about his behavior?
9. The street was deserted when the murder took place. How was the murderer first identified?
10. The police take detailed information about the crime with the child. When was the stranger first seen?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)