|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these words is not used to describe Hyde?
2. What causes Utterson to go to Dr. Jekyll's house?
(b) Curiosity about Hyde
(c) The will
3. What was used as the murder weapon?
(c) Walking stick
(d) Cricket bat
4. Approximately how much time passed before the murder took place?
(a) Six months
(b) Three months
(c) One year
(d) Two years
5. What does Utterson suspect the relationship is between Jekyll and Hyde?
(a) Romantic involvement
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial thought regarding the stranger's relationship with Jekyll?
2. What is the name of Jekyll's lawyer?
3. What does Hyde say when Utterson asks to be let into the house?
4. Mr. Enfield has a rule about what?
5. How does Hyde come and go from Jekyll's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. The police take detailed information about the crime with the child. When was the stranger first seen?
2. A maid sitting in an upstairs window witnesses the murder of Sir Carew. Why did the maid wait so long to contact the police?
3. Utterson's feeling of dread begins to strengthen. What convinces Utterson that Jekyll is in big trouble?
4. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
5. There is speculation that Jekyll's good standing could be destroyed. What might damage Jekyll's reputation?
6. As Utterson and Jekyll speak, Utterson notices a drastic change in his friend's demeanor. What causes Jekyll to turn pale?
7. Jekyll's fall from grace was instigated by a particular interest. What was Jekyll's passion?
8. The author makes it clear that Hyde was a metaphor. What did Hyde represent?
9. Jekyll is pale and sickly looking when the men visit. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
10. Utterson is relieved but not reassured by Jekyll's promise to never do something ever again. What does Jekyll say he would never do again?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)