|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
(a) Wait until he goes to the bank
(b) Stake out Hyde's house
(c) Ask Jekyll for help
(d) Go to Hyde's parent's house
2. What should happen if Jekyll disappears?
(b) Police will file a missing person's report
(c) Hyde should take over
(d) The will becomes null and void
3. Mr. Enfield has a rule about what?
(a) Giving advice
(b) Asking questions
(c) Smoking in public
(d) Crossing against a light
4. What does Hyde say when Utterson asks to be let into the house?
(a) Dr. Jekyll is away
(b) Dr. Jekyll is very ill
(c) Hyde ignores Utterson
(d) Utterson has the wrong house
5. What emotion does Hyde inspire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the victim?
2. How does Jekyll hear about the murder?
3. What strange object captures the eyes of the friends as they walk down the street?
4. Why is Utterson disturbed?
5. Lanyon feels what has happened to Jekyll?
Short Essay Questions
1. The traumatized family received money for their troubles. Who wrote the check?
2. What was Utterson's issue with Jekyll's legal business?
3. Utterson and Enfield were discussing Jekyll but Enfield would not speak the doctor's name aloud. Why did Enfield refuse to reveal Jekyll's name?
4. Utterson finally has the opportunity to meet Mr. Hyde. What is the overall impression Utterson has of Hyde?
5. What is the butler's response when Utterson asks him about Hyde?
6. Utterson and Newcomen visit Hyde's SoHo residence. What was strange about Hyde's servants' observations?
7. Utterson and Lanyon are relieved when Jekyll takes a break from his ongoing isolation. Who was invited to dinner at Jekyll's house?
8. Utterson attempts to speak with Jekyll about his isolation and obvious distress. What does Jekyll refuse to talk about?
9. What was the condition of Hyde's house when it was inspected?
10. How does Hyde react when Utterson says that their mutual friend is Jekyll?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)