|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item was found on the victim?
(d) Suicide note
2. What did Hyde dictate for Jekyll?
(c) Dinner menu
3. Who is Hyde supposedly connected to?
4. How is the money paid?
(a) Gold coins and a check
(c) Cashier's check
5. What is the occasion for the meeting?
(a) Accidental meeting
(b) Business meeting
(c) Dinner party
(d) Casual get-together
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dinner guests have in common?
2. How does Jekyll react when Utterson mentions Hyde?
3. Who has a copy of Jekyll's will?
4. What is Carew's first name?
5. What trait is highly sought after in the time of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jekyll insists that while he is a man of science and considered religion as a part of his experiment, he denies that he has developed what trait?
2. Utterson and Newcomen visit Hyde's SoHo residence. What was strange about Hyde's servants' observations?
3. What is the butler's response when Utterson asks him about Hyde?
4. The letter to Lanyon is peculiar and contains a specific request. What favor does Jekyll ask of Lanyon?
5. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
6. The author makes it clear that Hyde was a metaphor. What did Hyde represent?
7. Utterson's feeling of dread begins to strengthen. What convinces Utterson that Jekyll is in big trouble?
8. How long has Jekyll's strange behavior been going on?
9. Utterson finally has the opportunity to meet Mr. Hyde. What is the overall impression Utterson has of Hyde?
10. Utterson and Enfield come upon a building with no windows and a mysterious door. What is so strange about the door?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)