|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jekyll?
2. How was the victim killed?
(c) Run over
3. What is the name of Jekyll's butler?
4. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
(a) Police Chief Danvers
(b) Inspector Newcomen
(c) Sergeant Schultz
(d) Constable Scott
5. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
(a) Ask Jekyll for help
(b) Go to Hyde's parent's house
(c) Wait until he goes to the bank
(d) Stake out Hyde's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange object captures the eyes of the friends as they walk down the street?
2. Who is Hyde supposedly connected to?
3. Who admitted Utterson to Jekyll's house?
4. Who has a copy of Jekyll's will?
5. In which era does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Utterson was relieved when Jekyll began to be social once again. What happened shortly after Jekyll threw a dinner party?
2. Why does Utterson pay a visit to Dr. Lanyon?
3. The traumatized family received money for their troubles. Who wrote the check?
4. What is the butler's response when Utterson asks him about Hyde?
5. Utterson became increasingly upset when his efforts to help Jekyll were denied. Why did Utterson write a letter to Jekyll?
6. After Lanyon died, Utterson received a sealed envelope from his old friend. How did Utterson react to the bequest from Lanyon?
7. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
8. What was the condition of Hyde's house when it was inspected?
9. What were Utterson and Enfield doing when they spotted Jekyll?
10. Jekyll's behavior has become increasingly strange. Why does Poole visit Utterson?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)