|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jekyll lie about?
(a) The will
(b) His alibi
(c) Delivery of the letter
(d) Hyde's whereabouts
2. Who did the made recognize on the street?
(c) Her master
3. Jekyll says that his fears cannot be amended by...
(a) Running away
(b) Dwelling on them
4. Mr. Enfield has a rule about what?
(a) Giving advice
(b) Crossing against a light
(c) Smoking in public
(d) Asking questions
5. What word is used to describe the condition of the building?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
2. Jekyll refers to Lanyon as being...
3. What was the name of the victim?
4. Where do the old friends meet?
5. Who are Jekyll's two oldest friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Utterson attempts to speak with Jekyll about his isolation and obvious distress. What does Jekyll refuse to talk about?
2. Jekyll has become desperate and continually begs for relief. Jekyll has been crying day and night over the lack of what item?
3. Utterson's feeling of dread begins to strengthen. What convinces Utterson that Jekyll is in big trouble?
4. What is the butler's response when Utterson asks him about Hyde?
5. Utterson is restless and decides that he must go immediately to Jekyll's house. Why does Utterson go to Jekyll's house?
6. Jekyll's behavior has become increasingly strange. Why does Poole visit Utterson?
7. Utterson became increasingly upset when his efforts to help Jekyll were denied. Why did Utterson write a letter to Jekyll?
8. Utterson and Enfield take a walk and decide to pay a visit to Jekyll. What time of day is it when the men visit Jekyll?
9. Although spectators were aghast, Jekyll did not know why. How did Jekyll avoid knowing how Hyde affected his image?
10. While Utterson and Enfield are speaking to Jekyll, a sudden change comes over the doctor. What about Jekyll shocks Utterson?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)