Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
(a) Jekyll runs away
(b) Jekyll refuses to answer the door
(c) Jekyll gratefully receives Utterson
(d) Jekyll refuses to see Utterson
2. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
(a) A fortnight
(b) One month
(c) Five days
(d) Three weeks
3. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
(b) Thousands of pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 250 pounds
4. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
(b) They are not related
(c) Uncle and nephew
5. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
(a) After Utterson takes an oath
(b) After he dies
(c) After Hyde is in jail
(d) After Jekyll dies
6. What does Poole think has happened to Jekyll?
(a) There has been foul play
(b) Jekyll has fallen ill
(c) Jekyll and Hyde have reunited
(d) Jekyll has gone insane
7. Hyde was on the border of becoming...
8. What was missing from Jekyll's lab?
(d) Test tubes
9. What behavior did Lanyon find unacceptable?
(a) Making a house call late in the evening
(b) Hyde's lack of manners
(c) Enfield's excitement
(d) Jekyll's insinuations
10. What happens after Jekyll returns to the house?
(a) Utterson shouts for Jekyll to return
(b) The men contact Poole for help
(c) Utterson calls for police
(d) Utterson and Enfield leave
11. What crime does Poole suspect has gone on inside the surgical theatre?
12. How long has Poole worked for Jekyll?
(a) 3 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 35 years
13. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
(a) To understand God
(b) Two separate the two sides of man
(c) To write a novel
(d) To become a highly respected scientist
14. How did Utterson know the object was authentic?
(a) It was hand delivered
(b) Lanyon's personal seal
(c) It contained Lanyon's signature
(d) It looked authentic
15. What is the urgent problem?
(a) Hyde has been found
(b) Enfield has been injured
(c) There has been a break in the investigation
(d) Jekyll has locked himself away
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lanyon react to meeting Hyde?
2. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
3. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
4. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
5. Jekyll compares the side effect of the medicine to...
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)