|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is not associated with the potions?
2. What crime does Poole suspect has gone on inside the surgical theatre?
3. Utterson tells Enfield that his first sighting of Hyde made him feel...
4. What was the only common factor between Jekyll and Hyde?
5. The author claims that "It is one thing to mortify curiosity and another to..."
(a) Conquer it
(b) Run away from it
(c) Embrace it
(d) Pretend it doesn't exist
6. How does Utterson handle being shut out from Jekyll's life?
(a) Utterson gives up
(b) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house every day
(c) Utterson writes a letter to Jekyll
(d) Utterson makes angry phone calls
7. Utterson and Poole go on a quest for what?
(b) A key
(d) Jekyll's body
8. What is one major difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(c) Eye color
(d) Manner of dress
9. On what day did Lanyon receive the letter from Jekyll?
(a) January 9
(b) February 3
(c) January 12
(d) March 7
10. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
11. Which of these things is not self-inflicted on Jekyll's behalf?
12. What item(s) are requested from Lanyon by Hyde?
(b) Hiding place
13. What happens after Jekyll returns to the house?
(a) Utterson and Enfield leave
(b) Utterson shouts for Jekyll to return
(c) The men contact Poole for help
(d) Utterson calls for police
14. Where was Jekyll's secondary home?
(a) High Street
(b) Buckingham Palace
(d) Cavendish Square
15. What was missing from Jekyll's lab?
(b) Test tubes
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic did Lanyon and Jekyll always differ?
2. How does Jekyll react to the terror?
3. What items did Jekyll immediately destroy?
4. Who is waiting to greet Lanyon?
5. Jekyll is desperate for what?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)