|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Utterson when he sees Jekyll?
(c) No one
2. What does Utterson suggest Jekyll bring along on their walk?
(a) A cane
(b) A hat
(c) A coat
(d) An umbrella
3. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
(a) 500 pounds
(c) 250 pounds
(d) Thousands of pounds
4. Who visits Utterson at his home?
5. What does Poole think has happened to Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll has fallen ill
(b) There has been foul play
(c) Jekyll and Hyde have reunited
(d) Jekyll has gone insane
6. How does Utterson intend to see Jekyll?
(a) Utterson crawls in through a window
(b) Utterson begs for admittance
(c) Utterson intends to break down the door
(d) Utterson calls the police
7. What have Jekyll and Lanyon decided?
(a) To forgive one another
(b) To form a new business
(c) To forget the past
(d) To never see each other again
8. What is one major difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(a) Eye color
(d) Manner of dress
9. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
(a) Dumps it on the floor
(b) Throws it into the fire
(c) Drinks it
(d) Forces Lanyon to eat it
10. Which of these things is not self-inflicted on Jekyll's behalf?
11. Which of these things was not part of Jekyll's theory?
12. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
(a) After Jekyll dies
(b) After Hyde is in jail
(c) After he dies
(d) After Utterson takes an oath
13. Although Jekyll is able to view the whole picture he denies that he has become...
(a) A doctor
(b) A rogue
(c) An atheist
(d) A hypocrite
14. How did Lanyon react to meeting Hyde?
(a) Lanyon was annoyed
(b) Lanyon was disgusted
(c) Lanyon was puzzled
(d) Lanyon was afraid
15. How long has it been since the change in Jekyll's behavior?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 12 days
(c) 3 days
(d) 8 days
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the footman?
2. What has changed with Dr. Lanyon?
3. Jekyll is desperate for what?
4. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
5. Where was Jekyll's secondary home?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)