|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
(b) Surgical hospital
2. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
(a) What should I do?
(b) God forgive us
(c) I must do something
(d) God help us
3. To what was Jekyll committed?
(c) His family
4. What topic is off-limits with Lanyon?
(c) Carew's murder
5. What does Utterson suggest Jekyll bring along on their walk?
(a) An umbrella
(b) A coat
(c) A cane
(d) A hat
6. What time will Lanyon's guest arrive?
(c) 10 P.M.
(d) 2 A.M.
7. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
(a) Jekyll runs away
(b) Jekyll gratefully receives Utterson
(c) Jekyll refuses to answer the door
(d) Jekyll refuses to see Utterson
8. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
(c) Distinguished future
9. What is one major difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(b) Eye color
(c) Manner of dress
10. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
11. What have Jekyll and Lanyon decided?
(a) To forgive one another
(b) To form a new business
(c) To never see each other again
(d) To forget the past
12. What was the deadline for Jekyll returning to his former state?
13. Jekyll no longer feared the gallows. Instead, he came to fear...
(a) Disappearing into thin air
(b) Alienating his friends
(c) Becoming Hyde
(d) Losing his family fortune
14. What is the overall emotional state of the servants?
(a) The servants are afraid
(b) The servants are angry
(c) The servants are annoyed
(d) The servants are relieved
15. How does Utterson react to the news?
(a) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house
(b) Utterson weeps
(c) Utterson calls the police
(d) Utterson writes off the news as hysteria
Short Answer Questions
1. The author claims that "It is one thing to mortify curiosity and another to..."
2. How does Utterson handle being shut out from Jekyll's life?
3. What does Poole think has happened to Jekyll?
4. Jekyll compares the side effect of the medicine to...
5. What happens after Jekyll returns to the house?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)