|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
(a) What secrets Jekyll had been keeping from him
(b) Why Jekyll could not go to the lab himself
(c) Where Lanyon confined Utterson
(d) Why the scientific entries stopped one year ago
2. What was the weather like when Utterson and Enfield entered the court?
(b) Hot and dry
(c) Cool and damp
3. What color is not associated with the potions?
4. What does Jekyll say about his depression?
(a) That it has been lifted
(b) That it won't last long
(c) That he has sought help
(d) That he is resigned to it
5. How does Utterson react to the news?
(a) Utterson calls the police
(b) Utterson writes off the news as hysteria
(c) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house
(d) Utterson weeps
6. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
(a) Five days
(b) A fortnight
(c) Three weeks
(d) One month
7. What effects do the potions cause?
(a) They change Hyde into Jekyll
(b) They make Lanyon sick
(c) They change Hyde into a handsome prince
(d) They burn a hole in the carpet
8. Who is waiting to greet Lanyon?
9. How did Utterson respond to Jekyll's increased seclusion?
(a) There was no change
(b) Utterson asked Poole for reports
(c) Utterson visited less often
(d) Utterson continued to call every day
10. What topic is off-limits with Lanyon?
(d) Carew's murder
11. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
(b) Distinguished future
12. What is the name of the footman?
13. Who begins to weep at the site of Utterson?
(a) The cook
(c) The maid
14. What was the only common factor between Jekyll and Hyde?
15. What does Utterson suggest Jekyll bring along on their walk?
(a) A cane
(b) An umbrella
(c) A coat
(d) A hat
Short Answer Questions
1. What item was not found in Jekyll's laboratory?
2. Jekyll no longer feared the gallows. Instead, he came to fear...
3. What is Lanyon's first name?
4. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
5. What day of the week does Utterson finally see Jekyll?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)