|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utterson suggest Jekyll bring along on their walk?
(a) A coat
(b) A hat
(c) A cane
(d) An umbrella
2. What have Jekyll and Lanyon decided?
(a) To forgive one another
(b) To never see each other again
(c) To forget the past
(d) To form a new business
3. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
(a) Man with a mission
(b) Director of science
(c) Chief of chiefs
(d) Chief of sinners
4. How long has it been since the change in Jekyll's behavior?
(a) 12 days
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 8 days
(d) 3 days
5. What did Lanyon leave behind for Utterson?
(a) A personal letter
(b) 1000 pounds
(d) His dog
6. Jekyll refers to man's duplicitous nature as being...
(a) A genuine relief
(c) A curse of mankind
7. What item was not found in Jekyll's laboratory?
(b) Blood red liquor
(d) Experiment documentation
8. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
(a) Why Jekyll could not go to the lab himself
(b) Where Lanyon confined Utterson
(c) What secrets Jekyll had been keeping from him
(d) Why the scientific entries stopped one year ago
9. How does Jekyll react to Utterson's visit?
(a) Jekyll is annoyed at the interruption
(b) Jekyll is pleased to see Utterson
(c) Jekyll does not seem to notice the interruption
(d) Jekyll is sad
10. How did Hyde's absence affect Jekyll?
(a) Nothing changed
(b) Jekyll changed as well
(c) Jekyll became his old self
(d) Jekyll became withdrawn
11. Who is with Utterson when he sees Jekyll?
(c) No one
12. Hyde was on the border of becoming...
13. Carew's death is almost an equal pay off for...
(a) Hyde's disappearance
(b) Hyde's incarceration
(c) Jekyll's break from Hyde
(d) Heavier police patrols
14. What items did Jekyll immediately destroy?
(a) Hyde's house
(b) Hyde's clothes
(c) The lab
15. What time will Lanyon's guest arrive?
(a) 10 P.M.
(d) 2 A.M.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who could not be suspected for the crime spree?
2. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
3. What is the name of the footman?
4. On what day did Lanyon receive the letter from Jekyll?
5. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)