|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time will Lanyon's guest arrive?
(a) 2 A.M.
(d) 10 P.M.
2. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
3. What happens when the liquid is mixed with the crystals?
(a) It burns Hyde's hands
(b) It effervesces
(c) It melts the glass
4. Jekyll compares the side effect of the medicine to...
(a) A caged lion
(b) An erupting volcano
(c) Smoke in the wind
(d) Captives of Philippi
5. What crime does Poole suspect has gone on inside the surgical theatre?
6. What was the main physical difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(b) Hair color
(c) Manner of dress
7. What item(s) are requested from Lanyon by Hyde?
(d) Hiding place
8. How did Lanyon react to meeting Hyde?
(a) Lanyon was puzzled
(b) Lanyon was annoyed
(c) Lanyon was afraid
(d) Lanyon was disgusted
9. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
10. What was the weather like when Utterson and Enfield entered the court?
(c) Cool and damp
(d) Hot and dry
11. What is the name of the footman?
12. Where does Poole have to go on a daily basis?
(b) Doctor's office
(d) Hyde's house
13. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
(a) After Hyde is in jail
(b) After Utterson takes an oath
(c) After he dies
(d) After Jekyll dies
14. On what topic did Lanyon and Jekyll always differ?
(a) Scientific questions
(d) Professional ethics
15. Which of these things is not self-inflicted on Jekyll's behalf?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Utterson at his home?
2. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
3. What item was not found in Jekyll's laboratory?
4. To what was Jekyll committed?
5. What does Utterson find in Jekyll's office?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)