|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since the change in Jekyll's behavior?
(a) 2 weeks
(b) 8 days
(c) 3 days
(d) 12 days
2. How did Lanyon react to meeting Hyde?
(a) Lanyon was afraid
(b) Lanyon was disgusted
(c) Lanyon was annoyed
(d) Lanyon was puzzled
3. How does Jekyll refer to the murder of Carew?
(a) A misunderstanding
(b) A tragic folly
(c) A complete tragedy
(d) Great fun
4. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
(a) Director of science
(b) Man with a mission
(c) Chief of chiefs
(d) Chief of sinners
5. What was missing from Jekyll's lab?
(b) Test tubes
6. How did Utterson know the object was authentic?
(a) It was hand delivered
(b) It looked authentic
(c) It contained Lanyon's signature
(d) Lanyon's personal seal
7. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
(a) Going on a vacation
(d) Moving away from London
8. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
(b) Thousands of pounds
(c) 500 pounds
(d) 250 pounds
9. Carew's death is almost an equal pay off for...
(a) Hyde's incarceration
(b) Heavier police patrols
(c) Hyde's disappearance
(d) Jekyll's break from Hyde
10. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
(a) I must do something
(b) God help us
(c) What should I do?
(d) God forgive us
11. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
12. What has changed with Dr. Lanyon?
(a) He refuses to see Utterson
(b) He has retired
(c) He is dying
(d) He has gained weight
13. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
14. Jekyll refers to man's duplicitous nature as being...
(c) A genuine relief
(d) A curse of mankind
15. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
(a) Five days
(b) Three weeks
(c) A fortnight
(d) One month
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jekyll say about his depression?
2. What topic is off-limits with Lanyon?
3. According to hide what has Lanyon disregarded?
4. What do Utterson and Enfield talk about as they leave Jekyll's house?
5. Where was Jekyll's secondary home?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)