|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item was not found in Jekyll's laboratory?
(b) Blood red liquor
(c) Experiment documentation
2. Who is with Utterson when he sees Jekyll?
(a) No one
3. What item(s) are requested from Lanyon by Hyde?
(c) Hiding place
4. Utterson tells Enfield that his first sighting of Hyde made him feel...
5. According to hide what has Lanyon disregarded?
(a) The law
(b) Transcendental medicine
6. How did Hyde's absence affect Jekyll?
(a) Nothing changed
(b) Jekyll became his old self
(c) Jekyll became withdrawn
(d) Jekyll changed as well
7. The author claims that "It is one thing to mortify curiosity and another to..."
(a) Conquer it
(b) Pretend it doesn't exist
(c) Embrace it
(d) Run away from it
8. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
(b) Going on a vacation
(c) Moving away from London
9. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
(a) 500 pounds
(c) Thousands of pounds
(d) 250 pounds
10. On what day did Lanyon receive the letter from Jekyll?
(a) January 9
(b) March 7
(c) January 12
(d) February 3
11. What color is not associated with the potions?
12. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
(a) I must do something
(b) What should I do?
(c) God help us
(d) God forgive us
13. Jekyll compares the side effect of the medicine to...
(a) Captives of Philippi
(b) An erupting volcano
(c) Smoke in the wind
(d) A caged lion
14. What was the deadline for Jekyll returning to his former state?
15. Hyde was on the border of becoming...
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new observation about Hyde's door?
2. Which of these things was not part of Jekyll's theory?
3. Who visits Utterson at his home?
4. How long has it been since the change in Jekyll's behavior?
5. What causes Hyde to apologize?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)