|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
(a) Distinguished future
2. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
(a) To become a highly respected scientist
(b) Two separate the two sides of man
(c) To understand God
(d) To write a novel
3. What does Hyde demand from Lanyon?
4. Jekyll refers to man's duplicitous nature as being...
(b) A curse of mankind
(d) A genuine relief
5. What behavior did Lanyon find unacceptable?
(a) Hyde's lack of manners
(b) Making a house call late in the evening
(c) Enfield's excitement
(d) Jekyll's insinuations
6. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
(a) Why the scientific entries stopped one year ago
(b) What secrets Jekyll had been keeping from him
(c) Why Jekyll could not go to the lab himself
(d) Where Lanyon confined Utterson
7. What color is not associated with the potions?
8. How did Lanyon react to meeting Hyde?
(a) Lanyon was afraid
(b) Lanyon was annoyed
(c) Lanyon was puzzled
(d) Lanyon was disgusted
9. What was the weather like when Utterson and Enfield entered the court?
(b) Cool and damp
(d) Hot and dry
10. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
(a) Going on a vacation
(c) Moving away from London
11. What does Utterson suggest Jekyll bring along on their walk?
(a) A cane
(b) A coat
(c) An umbrella
(d) A hat
12. What day of the week does Utterson finally see Jekyll?
13. Although Jekyll is able to view the whole picture he denies that he has become...
(a) A hypocrite
(b) A doctor
(c) A rogue
(d) An atheist
14. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
(a) After Utterson takes an oath
(b) After Hyde is in jail
(c) After he dies
(d) After Jekyll dies
15. What was the only common factor between Jekyll and Hyde?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the footman?
2. Which of these things is not self-inflicted on Jekyll's behalf?
3. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
4. How does Jekyll react to the terror?
5. How long has Poole worked for Jekyll?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)