|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Utterson know the object was authentic?
(a) Lanyon's personal seal
(b) It looked authentic
(c) It was hand delivered
(d) It contained Lanyon's signature
2. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
3. What do Utterson and Enfield talk about as they leave Jekyll's house?
(b) The weather
4. How does Utterson handle being shut out from Jekyll's life?
(a) Utterson makes angry phone calls
(b) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house every day
(c) Utterson writes a letter to Jekyll
(d) Utterson gives up
5. How long has it been since the change in Jekyll's behavior?
(a) 12 days
(b) 3 days
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 8 days
6. What color is not associated with the potions?
7. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
(a) To write a novel
(b) Two separate the two sides of man
(c) To understand God
(d) To become a highly respected scientist
8. What crime does Poole suspect has gone on inside the surgical theatre?
9. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
(a) Jekyll refuses to answer the door
(b) Jekyll runs away
(c) Jekyll refuses to see Utterson
(d) Jekyll gratefully receives Utterson
10. What item was not found in Jekyll's laboratory?
(a) Experiment documentation
(c) Blood red liquor
11. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
(a) They are not related
(d) Uncle and nephew
12. How does Jekyll refer to the murder of Carew?
(a) Great fun
(b) A tragic folly
(c) A complete tragedy
(d) A misunderstanding
13. On what topic did Lanyon and Jekyll always differ?
(b) Scientific questions
(d) Professional ethics
14. Who visits Utterson at his home?
15. What does Utterson find in Jekyll's office?
(a) Broken glass
(d) Rusted surgical tools
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
2. Which of these things is not self-inflicted on Jekyll's behalf?
3. Which of these things was not part of Jekyll's theory?
4. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
5. What does Poole think has happened to Jekyll?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)