Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things is not self-inflicted on Jekyll's behalf?
2. Jekyll no longer feared the gallows. Instead, he came to fear...
(a) Disappearing into thin air
(b) Losing his family fortune
(c) Alienating his friends
(d) Becoming Hyde
3. What items did Jekyll immediately destroy?
(a) Hyde's house
(c) Hyde's clothes
(d) The lab
4. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
5. What was the main physical difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(b) Manner of dress
(d) Hair color
6. Utterson compares Jekyll to...
(a) A disconsolate prisoner
(b) His old school friend
(c) A grieving widow
(d) A cheerful maiden
7. How does Jekyll refer to the murder of Carew?
(a) A tragic folly
(b) A misunderstanding
(c) A complete tragedy
(d) Great fun
8. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
9. What has changed with Dr. Lanyon?
(a) He has gained weight
(b) He has retired
(c) He refuses to see Utterson
(d) He is dying
10. Who is with Utterson when he sees Jekyll?
(c) No one
11. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
(a) To become a highly respected scientist
(b) To understand God
(c) Two separate the two sides of man
(d) To write a novel
12. What time will Lanyon's guest arrive?
(c) 10 P.M.
(d) 2 A.M.
13. Who is the new beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
(c) Surgical hospital
14. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
(a) Dumps it on the floor
(b) Drinks it
(c) Throws it into the fire
(d) Forces Lanyon to eat it
15. What is the overall emotional state of the servants?
(a) The servants are angry
(b) The servants are relieved
(c) The servants are annoyed
(d) The servants are afraid
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens repeatedly when Utterson visits Jekyll?
2. How does Utterson handle being shut out from Jekyll's life?
3. What behavior did Lanyon find unacceptable?
4. What was the weather like when Utterson and Enfield entered the court?
5. Who is waiting to greet Lanyon?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)