|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poole think has happened to Jekyll?
(a) There has been foul play
(b) Jekyll has fallen ill
(c) Jekyll and Hyde have reunited
(d) Jekyll has gone insane
2. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
(a) Forces Lanyon to eat it
(b) Dumps it on the floor
(c) Drinks it
(d) Throws it into the fire
3. How does Utterson intend to see Jekyll?
(a) Utterson intends to break down the door
(b) Utterson calls the police
(c) Utterson crawls in through a window
(d) Utterson begs for admittance
4. Who visits Utterson at his home?
5. What day of the week does Utterson finally see Jekyll?
6. What activity does Utterson suggest to Jekyll?
(a) Going on a vacation
(c) Moving away from London
7. Where does Poole have to go on a daily basis?
(c) Doctor's office
(d) Hyde's house
8. How is Jekyll sure that Hyde will not be apprehended?
(a) Someone else will be blamed
(b) Jekyll has an excellent hiding place
(c) Hyde does not exist
(d) The crime was undetected
9. What is the overall emotional state of the servants?
(a) The servants are relieved
(b) The servants are angry
(c) The servants are annoyed
(d) The servants are afraid
10. What was the only common factor between Jekyll and Hyde?
11. What have Jekyll and Lanyon decided?
(a) To form a new business
(b) To forgive one another
(c) To forget the past
(d) To never see each other again
12. What time will Lanyon's guest arrive?
(a) 2 A.M.
(d) 10 P.M.
13. Carew's death is almost an equal pay off for...
(a) Hyde's disappearance
(b) Heavier police patrols
(c) Hyde's incarceration
(d) Jekyll's break from Hyde
14. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
(a) Chief of chiefs
(b) Man with a mission
(c) Chief of sinners
(d) Director of science
15. How does Utterson handle being shut out from Jekyll's life?
(a) Utterson writes a letter to Jekyll
(b) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house every day
(c) Utterson makes angry phone calls
(d) Utterson gives up
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
2. What was the main physical difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
3. What time of day is it when Utterson spots Jekyll?
4. Utterson compares Jekyll to...
5. How does Jekyll refer to the murder of Carew?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)