|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poole think has happened to Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll has fallen ill
(b) There has been foul play
(c) Jekyll and Hyde have reunited
(d) Jekyll has gone insane
2. Who is waiting to greet Lanyon?
3. How does Jekyll refer to the murder of Carew?
(a) Great fun
(b) A tragic folly
(c) A misunderstanding
(d) A complete tragedy
4. Jekyll tells Utterson he will live a life of...
5. How does Jekyll react to Utterson's visit?
(a) Jekyll is annoyed at the interruption
(b) Jekyll is pleased to see Utterson
(c) Jekyll does not seem to notice the interruption
(d) Jekyll is sad
6. The author claims that "It is one thing to mortify curiosity and another to..."
(a) Embrace it
(b) Run away from it
(c) Conquer it
(d) Pretend it doesn't exist
7. What happens after Jekyll returns to the house?
(a) The men contact Poole for help
(b) Utterson and Enfield leave
(c) Utterson calls for police
(d) Utterson shouts for Jekyll to return
8. What topic is off-limits with Lanyon?
(c) Carew's murder
9. Where was Jekyll's secondary home?
(a) Buckingham Palace
(b) Cavendish Square
(d) High Street
10. What is the name of the footman?
11. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
(a) To become a highly respected scientist
(b) Two separate the two sides of man
(c) To understand God
(d) To write a novel
12. What color is not associated with the potions?
13. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
(a) Distinguished future
14. What is the urgent problem?
(a) There has been a break in the investigation
(b) Hyde has been found
(c) Enfield has been injured
(d) Jekyll has locked himself away
15. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
(a) Three weeks
(b) A fortnight
(c) Five days
(d) One month
Short Answer Questions
1. What item(s) are requested from Lanyon by Hyde?
2. What have Jekyll and Lanyon decided?
3. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
4. What day of the week does Utterson finally see Jekyll?
5. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)