|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hyde to apologize?
(b) Being scolded
(c) Temper tantrum
2. The author claims that "It is one thing to mortify curiosity and another to..."
(a) Pretend it doesn't exist
(b) Conquer it
(c) Run away from it
(d) Embrace it
3. Jekyll tells Utterson he will live a life of...
4. How does Jekyll react to the terror?
(a) He begins to cry
(b) He goes back inside
(c) He screams
(d) He begs for help
5. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
(a) Jekyll runs away
(b) Jekyll gratefully receives Utterson
(c) Jekyll refuses to answer the door
(d) Jekyll refuses to see Utterson
6. Utterson compares Jekyll to...
(a) A cheerful maiden
(b) A grieving widow
(c) A disconsolate prisoner
(d) His old school friend
7. What was the deadline for Jekyll returning to his former state?
8. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
(a) Why Jekyll could not go to the lab himself
(b) What secrets Jekyll had been keeping from him
(c) Where Lanyon confined Utterson
(d) Why the scientific entries stopped one year ago
9. What does Poole think has happened to Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll has gone insane
(b) Jekyll has fallen ill
(c) There has been foul play
(d) Jekyll and Hyde have reunited
10. What topic is off-limits with Lanyon?
(b) Carew's murder
11. Who could not be suspected for the crime spree?
12. On what topic did Lanyon and Jekyll always differ?
(a) Scientific questions
(b) Professional ethics
13. What does Utterson feel might help Jekyll?
(a) A friend
(c) A new environment
(d) Fresh air
14. What do Utterson and Enfield talk about as they leave Jekyll's house?
(d) The weather
15. How does Jekyll describe his quarrel with Lanyon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
2. What is the overall emotional state of the servants?
3. What was the only common factor between Jekyll and Hyde?
4. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
5. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)