|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jekyll refer to the murder of Carew?
(a) A tragic folly
(b) A complete tragedy
(c) Great fun
(d) A misunderstanding
2. How long has Poole worked for Jekyll?
(a) 15 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 35 years
(d) 3 years
3. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
(a) Three weeks
(b) One month
(c) A fortnight
(d) Five days
4. What has changed with Dr. Lanyon?
(a) He is dying
(b) He refuses to see Utterson
(c) He has gained weight
(d) He has retired
5. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
(a) God help us
(b) What should I do?
(c) I must do something
(d) God forgive us
6. Although Jekyll is able to view the whole picture he denies that he has become...
(a) A doctor
(b) A rogue
(c) A hypocrite
(d) An atheist
7. What day of the week does Utterson finally see Jekyll?
8. On what day did Lanyon receive the letter from Jekyll?
(a) February 3
(b) March 7
(c) January 12
(d) January 9
9. According to hide what has Lanyon disregarded?
(a) Transcendental medicine
(c) The law
10. How did Lanyon react to meeting Hyde?
(a) Lanyon was annoyed
(b) Lanyon was puzzled
(c) Lanyon was disgusted
(d) Lanyon was afraid
11. Who is waiting to greet Lanyon?
12. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
(a) Distinguished future
13. Hyde was on the border of becoming...
14. What color is not associated with the potions?
15. Who is with Utterson when he sees Jekyll?
(b) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. What was missing from Jekyll's lab?
2. Where was Jekyll's secondary home?
3. The author claims that "It is one thing to mortify curiosity and another to..."
4. Jekyll refers to man's duplicitous nature as being...
5. Which of these things was not part of Jekyll's theory?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)