|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Utterson when he sees Jekyll?
(a) No one
2. Who begins to weep at the site of Utterson?
(c) The maid
(d) The cook
3. What color is not associated with the potions?
4. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
(a) One month
(b) Five days
(c) Three weeks
(d) A fortnight
5. What happens when the liquid is mixed with the crystals?
(a) It effervesces
(b) It melts the glass
(c) It burns Hyde's hands
6. What has changed with Dr. Lanyon?
(a) He has retired
(b) He has gained weight
(c) He is dying
(d) He refuses to see Utterson
7. What causes Hyde to apologize?
(a) Temper tantrum
(d) Being scolded
8. What was missing from Jekyll's lab?
(d) Test tubes
9. To what was Jekyll committed?
(a) His family
10. How did Hyde's absence affect Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll became withdrawn
(b) Nothing changed
(c) Jekyll changed as well
(d) Jekyll became his old self
11. What does Jekyll say about his depression?
(a) That it has been lifted
(b) That it won't last long
(c) That he has sought help
(d) That he is resigned to it
12. What was the main physical difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(b) Manner of dress
(d) Hair color
13. What happens repeatedly when Utterson visits Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll falls ill
(b) The men argue
(c) Utterson is denied admittance
(d) Utterson is invited to the lab
14. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
(a) Chief of sinners
(b) Director of science
(c) Man with a mission
(d) Chief of chiefs
15. Utterson tells Enfield that his first sighting of Hyde made him feel...
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lanyon react to meeting Hyde?
2. How does Jekyll react to the terror?
3. On what topic did Lanyon and Jekyll always differ?
4. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
5. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)