|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Poole have to go on a daily basis?
(a) Doctor's office
(d) Hyde's house
2. Jekyll no longer feared the gallows. Instead, he came to fear...
(a) Alienating his friends
(b) Becoming Hyde
(c) Disappearing into thin air
(d) Losing his family fortune
3. To what was Jekyll committed?
(a) His family
4. Who could not be suspected for the crime spree?
5. What happens when the liquid is mixed with the crystals?
(b) It effervesces
(c) It melts the glass
(d) It burns Hyde's hands
6. How does Utterson intend to see Jekyll?
(a) Utterson intends to break down the door
(b) Utterson crawls in through a window
(c) Utterson begs for admittance
(d) Utterson calls the police
7. How does Utterson handle being shut out from Jekyll's life?
(a) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house every day
(b) Utterson writes a letter to Jekyll
(c) Utterson gives up
(d) Utterson makes angry phone calls
8. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
9. How is Jekyll sure that Hyde will not be apprehended?
(a) The crime was undetected
(b) Someone else will be blamed
(c) Jekyll has an excellent hiding place
(d) Hyde does not exist
10. What became Jekyll's ultimate goal?
(a) To understand God
(b) Two separate the two sides of man
(c) To write a novel
(d) To become a highly respected scientist
11. Carew's death is almost an equal pay off for...
(a) Jekyll's break from Hyde
(b) Hyde's disappearance
(c) Heavier police patrols
(d) Hyde's incarceration
12. What does Utterson feel might help Jekyll?
(a) Fresh air
(c) A friend
(d) A new environment
13. What was the weather like when Utterson and Enfield entered the court?
(b) Cool and damp
(d) Hot and dry
14. Utterson compares Jekyll to...
(a) A grieving widow
(b) A cheerful maiden
(c) A disconsolate prisoner
(d) His old school friend
15. How did Utterson know the object was authentic?
(a) It looked authentic
(b) Lanyon's personal seal
(c) It contained Lanyon's signature
(d) It was hand delivered
Short Answer Questions
1. Utterson tells Enfield that his first sighting of Hyde made him feel...
2. What causes Hyde to apologize?
3. Who is the new beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
4. What does Utterson find in Jekyll's office?
5. What color is not associated with the potions?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)