|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utterson feel might help Jekyll?
(a) Fresh air
(b) A new environment
(c) A friend
2. Jekyll refers to man's duplicitous nature as being...
(a) A curse of mankind
(d) A genuine relief
3. To what was Jekyll committed?
(a) His family
4. Jekyll no longer feared the gallows. Instead, he came to fear...
(a) Disappearing into thin air
(b) Becoming Hyde
(c) Losing his family fortune
(d) Alienating his friends
5. What does Utterson find in Jekyll's office?
(b) Rusted surgical tools
(d) Broken glass
6. What effects do the potions cause?
(a) They change Hyde into a handsome prince
(b) They burn a hole in the carpet
(c) They change Hyde into Jekyll
(d) They make Lanyon sick
7. On what day did Lanyon receive the letter from Jekyll?
(a) February 3
(b) January 9
(c) January 12
(d) March 7
8. Where was Jekyll's secondary home?
(b) High Street
(c) Buckingham Palace
(d) Cavendish Square
9. Who begins to weep at the site of Utterson?
(b) The maid
(c) The cook
10. The author claims that "It is one thing to mortify curiosity and another to..."
(a) Embrace it
(b) Run away from it
(c) Conquer it
(d) Pretend it doesn't exist
11. What does Poole think has happened to Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll has fallen ill
(b) Jekyll and Hyde have reunited
(c) Jekyll has gone insane
(d) There has been foul play
12. How did Utterson respond to Jekyll's increased seclusion?
(a) Utterson visited less often
(b) There was no change
(c) Utterson asked Poole for reports
(d) Utterson continued to call every day
13. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
(a) I must do something
(b) God help us
(c) God forgive us
(d) What should I do?
14. What topic is off-limits with Lanyon?
(a) Carew's murder
15. Jekyll is desperate for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item(s) are requested from Lanyon by Hyde?
2. What is the name of the footman?
3. What did Lanyon leave behind for Utterson?
4. What color is not associated with the potions?
5. How does Utterson react to the news?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)