|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only common factor between Jekyll and Hyde?
2. What happens after Jekyll returns to the house?
(a) Utterson calls for police
(b) The men contact Poole for help
(c) Utterson and Enfield leave
(d) Utterson shouts for Jekyll to return
3. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
(a) Jekyll runs away
(b) Jekyll gratefully receives Utterson
(c) Jekyll refuses to answer the door
(d) Jekyll refuses to see Utterson
4. What is one major difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(b) Manner of dress
(d) Eye color
5. What effects do the potions cause?
(a) They make Lanyon sick
(b) They change Hyde into Jekyll
(c) They burn a hole in the carpet
(d) They change Hyde into a handsome prince
6. What day of the week does Utterson finally see Jekyll?
7. What behavior did Lanyon find unacceptable?
(a) Enfield's excitement
(b) Making a house call late in the evening
(c) Jekyll's insinuations
(d) Hyde's lack of manners
8. What was missing from Jekyll's lab?
(c) Test tubes
9. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
(a) Why Jekyll could not go to the lab himself
(b) Why the scientific entries stopped one year ago
(c) Where Lanyon confined Utterson
(d) What secrets Jekyll had been keeping from him
10. What is the new observation about Hyde's door?
(a) It has been barred
(b) It has been painted
(c) There is crime scene tape across it
(d) It leads to Jekyll's house
11. Utterson compares Jekyll to...
(a) His old school friend
(b) A disconsolate prisoner
(c) A grieving widow
(d) A cheerful maiden
12. How does Utterson handle being shut out from Jekyll's life?
(a) Utterson makes angry phone calls
(b) Utterson writes a letter to Jekyll
(c) Utterson gives up
(d) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house every day
13. What has changed with Dr. Lanyon?
(a) He refuses to see Utterson
(b) He has gained weight
(c) He is dying
(d) He has retired
14. To what was Jekyll committed?
(d) His family
15. How does Utterson react to the news?
(a) Utterson writes off the news as hysteria
(b) Utterson weeps
(c) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house
(d) Utterson calls the police
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Utterson respond to Jekyll's increased seclusion?
2. Jekyll no longer feared the gallows. Instead, he came to fear...
3. What is the name of the footman?
4. How does Jekyll describe his quarrel with Lanyon?
5. How does Jekyll react to Utterson's visit?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)