|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Poole worked for Jekyll?
(a) 35 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 15 years
(d) 3 years
2. According to hide what has Lanyon disregarded?
(a) The law
(c) Transcendental medicine
3. On what topic did Lanyon and Jekyll always differ?
(b) Professional ethics
(d) Scientific questions
4. What is the new observation about Hyde's door?
(a) It has been barred
(b) It leads to Jekyll's house
(c) There is crime scene tape across it
(d) It has been painted
5. Jekyll is desperate for what?
6. What time of day is it when Utterson spots Jekyll?
(a) Early evening
(b) Early morning
7. Which of these things was not part of Jekyll's theory?
8. How are Utterson and Enfield related?
(c) Uncle and nephew
(d) They are not related
9. What was the first physical characteristic Jekyll noticed about Hyde?
10. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
11. Jekyll compares the side effect of the medicine to...
(a) An erupting volcano
(b) A caged lion
(c) Smoke in the wind
(d) Captives of Philippi
12. What was the main question on Lanyon's mind?
(a) What secrets Jekyll had been keeping from him
(b) Why Jekyll could not go to the lab himself
(c) Why the scientific entries stopped one year ago
(d) Where Lanyon confined Utterson
13. How did Utterson respond to Jekyll's increased seclusion?
(a) Utterson asked Poole for reports
(b) Utterson visited less often
(c) There was no change
(d) Utterson continued to call every day
14. Jekyll refers to man's duplicitous nature as being...
(a) A curse of mankind
(c) A genuine relief
15. How does Jekyll describe his quarrel with Lanyon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hyde's absence affect Jekyll?
2. What is one major difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
3. What is Lanyon's first name?
4. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
5. What item was not found in Jekyll's laboratory?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)