|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic is off-limits with Lanyon?
(a) Carew's murder
2. What was the main physical difference between Jekyll and Hyde?
(a) Hair color
(c) Manner of dress
3. What crime does Poole suspect has gone on inside the surgical theatre?
4. Utterson tells Enfield that his first sighting of Hyde made him feel...
5. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
6. Lanyon tells Utterson that he will tell the truth about Jekyll after what event?
(a) After Utterson takes an oath
(b) After he dies
(c) After Hyde is in jail
(d) After Jekyll dies
7. How does Jekyll react to the terror?
(a) He screams
(b) He begs for help
(c) He goes back inside
(d) He begins to cry
8. What did Lanyon leave behind for Utterson?
(a) A personal letter
(b) His dog
(d) 1000 pounds
9. Who could not be suspected for the crime spree?
10. How does Utterson react to the news?
(a) Utterson calls the police
(b) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house
(c) Utterson weeps
(d) Utterson writes off the news as hysteria
11. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
(b) Distinguished future
12. Who begins to weep at the site of Utterson?
(b) The cook
(d) The maid
13. Where does Poole have to go on a daily basis?
(a) Doctor's office
(b) Hyde's house
14. How long has it been since the change in Jekyll's behavior?
(a) 12 days
(b) 3 days
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 8 days
15. According to hide what has Lanyon disregarded?
(a) The law
(b) Transcendental medicine
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Utterson when he sees Jekyll?
2. What item(s) are requested from Lanyon by Hyde?
3. Hyde was on the border of becoming...
4. What does Hyde demand from Lanyon?
5. What was missing from Jekyll's lab?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)