|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens repeatedly when Utterson visits Jekyll?
(a) Utterson is denied admittance
(b) The men argue
(c) Jekyll falls ill
(d) Utterson is invited to the lab
2. What does Jekyll say about his depression?
(a) That it has been lifted
(b) That he is resigned to it
(c) That it won't last long
(d) That he has sought help
3. Jekyll compares the side effect of the medicine to...
(a) Captives of Philippi
(b) An erupting volcano
(c) A caged lion
(d) Smoke in the wind
4. On what topic did Lanyon and Jekyll always differ?
(a) Professional ethics
(b) Scientific questions
5. What expression overcomes Jekyll?
6. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
(a) A fortnight
(b) Three weeks
(c) Five days
(d) One month
7. What does Utterson feel might help Jekyll?
(a) Fresh air
(c) A friend
(d) A new environment
8. What did Lanyon leave behind for Utterson?
(a) 1000 pounds
(b) A personal letter
(c) His dog
9. What effects do the potions cause?
(a) They change Hyde into a handsome prince
(b) They burn a hole in the carpet
(c) They make Lanyon sick
(d) They change Hyde into Jekyll
10. What happens after Jekyll returns to the house?
(a) The men contact Poole for help
(b) Utterson calls for police
(c) Utterson and Enfield leave
(d) Utterson shouts for Jekyll to return
11. What does Utterson find in Jekyll's office?
(c) Rusted surgical tools
(d) Broken glass
12. Which phrase does Jekyll use to describe himself?
(a) Director of science
(b) Man with a mission
(c) Chief of sinners
(d) Chief of chiefs
13. What does Hyde do with the ingredients from the lab?
(a) Throws it into the fire
(b) Drinks it
(c) Forces Lanyon to eat it
(d) Dumps it on the floor
14. Which of these things was Jekyll not promised when he was born?
(a) Distinguished future
15. How did Lanyon react to meeting Hyde?
(a) Lanyon was puzzled
(b) Lanyon was disgusted
(c) Lanyon was annoyed
(d) Lanyon was afraid
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the overall emotional state of the servants?
2. What is the new observation about Hyde's door?
3. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
4. What item(s) are requested from Lanyon by Hyde?
5. How is Jekyll sure that Hyde will not be apprehended?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)