|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
(d) Surgical hospital
2. How does Jekyll react to the terror?
(a) He screams
(b) He begs for help
(c) He goes back inside
(d) He begins to cry
3. On what topic did Lanyon and Jekyll always differ?
(b) Professional ethics
(d) Scientific questions
4. What was the only common factor between Jekyll and Hyde?
5. What items did Jekyll immediately destroy?
(a) Hyde's house
(b) The lab
(c) Hyde's clothes
6. Hyde was on the border of becoming...
7. Carew's death is almost an equal pay off for...
(a) Jekyll's break from Hyde
(b) Hyde's disappearance
(c) Hyde's incarceration
(d) Heavier police patrols
8. How long after the meeting with Utterson does Lanyon die?
(a) One month
(b) Five days
(c) A fortnight
(d) Three weeks
9. Although Jekyll is able to view the whole picture he denies that he has become...
(a) An atheist
(b) A doctor
(c) A rogue
(d) A hypocrite
10. How does Jekyll react upon hearing the news that Utterson has arrived?
(a) Jekyll gratefully receives Utterson
(b) Jekyll refuses to answer the door
(c) Jekyll runs away
(d) Jekyll refuses to see Utterson
11. What was missing from Jekyll's lab?
(c) Test tubes
12. How much money was offered as a reward to find Carew's killer?
(a) 500 pounds
(b) 250 pounds
(c) Thousands of pounds
13. What does Poole think has happened to Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll has fallen ill
(b) There has been foul play
(c) Jekyll and Hyde have reunited
(d) Jekyll has gone insane
14. How does Utterson handle being shut out from Jekyll's life?
(a) Utterson writes a letter to Jekyll
(b) Utterson makes angry phone calls
(c) Utterson goes to Jekyll's house every day
(d) Utterson gives up
15. Who is with Utterson when he sees Jekyll?
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jekyll refer to the murder of Carew?
2. How does Jekyll describe his quarrel with Lanyon?
3. What does Utterson say to Enfield after Jekyll's departure?
4. What is the new observation about Hyde's door?
5. What time will Lanyon's guest arrive?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)