|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hyde dictate for Jekyll?
(b) Dinner menu
2. What is the name of Jekyll's butler?
3. What is Utterson's impression of Hyde?
(a) That Enfield was completely wrong about the man
(b) That there is no reason to worry about Jekyll
(c) That Hyde seems like a nice gent
(d) That the man is almost inhuman
4. If science is related to intellect than heresy is related to
(c) Emotional stability
(d) Proven fact
5. Jekyll says that his fears cannot be amended by...
(a) Running away
(d) Dwelling on them
6. How does Hyde come and go from Jekyll's house?
(a) The butler lets Hyde in
(b) Hyde has an adjoining apartment
(c) Hyde crawls through a window
(d) Hyde has a key
7. What happens with the check?
(a) It got lost
(b) It cleared
(c) It was accidentally shredded
(d) It was not signed
8. What should happen if Jekyll disappears?
(b) Police will file a missing person's report
(c) The will becomes null and void
(d) Hyde should take over
9. What did the dinner guests have in common?
(a) All were doctors
(b) They all liked wine
(c) All were 50 years old
(d) They all liked Sherlock Holmes
10. What trait is highly sought after in the time of the book?
(a) Having money
11. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
(b) Carriage house
(c) Dissecting rooms
(d) Garden shed
12. What is the name of the lawyer's friend?
13. Where did Hyde live?
(a) West End
(b) Piccadilly Circus
(d) Cavendish Square
14. How old is Jekyll?
15. What emotion does Hyde inspire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jekyll lie about?
2. How many windows does the old building have?
3. What does Utterson suspect the relationship is between Jekyll and Hyde?
4. What does Utterson believe were Hyde's intentions?
5. What word is used to describe the condition of the building?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)