|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jekyll?
2. Approximately how much time passed before the murder took place?
(a) Two years
(b) One year
(c) Three months
(d) Six months
3. Jekyll refers to Lanyon as being...
4. How many windows does the old building have?
5. What did the dinner guests have in common?
(a) They all liked Sherlock Holmes
(b) All were 50 years old
(c) They all liked wine
(d) All were doctors
6. What topic does Utterson broach when he is finally alone with Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll's health
(c) The servants' conduct
(d) The will
7. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
(a) Police Chief Danvers
(b) Sergeant Schultz
(c) Inspector Newcomen
(d) Constable Scott
8. What is the occasion for the meeting?
(a) Dinner party
(b) Accidental meeting
(c) Business meeting
(d) Casual get-together
9. What is Jekyll's title?
10. When is Hyde first spotted?
(a) 1 P.M.
(b) 3 A.M.
(d) 8 A.M.
11. Why does Jekyll apologize for Hyde?
(a) Utterson was afraid
(b) Because he was rude
(c) Hyde refused to speak
(d) Hyde did not call on Utterson
12. What is Carew's first name?
13. What is the name of the stranger?
14. What does Utterson suspect the relationship is between Jekyll and Hyde?
(a) Romantic involvement
15. Who narrates the chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is it before Utterson sees Jekyll?
2. How is the money paid?
3. What should happen if Jekyll disappears?
4. Who did the stranger terrorize?
5. Who did the made recognize on the street?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)