|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who admitted Utterson to Jekyll's house?
(d) The maid
2. Which of these words is not used to describe Hyde?
3. What is the name of the stranger?
4. How is the money paid?
(b) Cashier's check
(c) Gold coins and a check
5. What causes Utterson to go to Dr. Jekyll's house?
(a) The will
(c) Curiosity about Hyde
6. What does Utterson suspect the relationship is between Jekyll and Hyde?
(c) Romantic involvement
7. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(a) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
(b) Jekyll's name
(c) Past crimes
8. What does Hyde say when Utterson asks to be let into the house?
(a) Dr. Jekyll is away
(b) Hyde ignores Utterson
(c) Utterson has the wrong house
(d) Dr. Jekyll is very ill
9. Mr. Enfield has a rule about what?
(a) Crossing against a light
(b) Asking questions
(c) Smoking in public
(d) Giving advice
10. What strange object captures the eyes of the friends as they walk down the street?
(c) Post box
11. Which was not in Jekyll's laboratory?
(b) Bunsen burner
(c) Glass presses
12. What time did the maid call the police?
(b) 3 A.M.
(c) 11 P.M.
(d) 2 A.M.
13. How does Jekyll hear about the murder?
(b) People in the square
14. What happens with the check?
(a) It cleared
(b) It was not signed
(c) It was accidentally shredded
(d) It got lost
15. Where did Hyde live?
(a) West End
(c) Cavendish Square
(d) Piccadilly Circus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the clerk examine?
2. Who is the beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
3. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
4. What item was found on the victim?
5. What is Carew's first name?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)