|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the dinner guests have in common?
(a) All were doctors
(b) They all liked Sherlock Holmes
(c) All were 50 years old
(d) They all liked wine
2. What topic does Utterson broach when he is finally alone with Jekyll?
(b) The will
(c) Jekyll's health
(d) The servants' conduct
3. Utterson begs Jekyll to reveal what?
(a) Contents of his will
(b) Recipe for dessert
(c) A scientific formula
(d) A secret
4. If science is related to intellect than heresy is related to
(b) Emotional stability
(c) Proven fact
5. Which of these was not located near Hyde's house?
(a) Retail shop
(b) Gin palace
(c) French eatery
(d) Utterson's office
6. Who is Hyde supposedly connected to?
7. Where do the old friends meet?
(a) Jekyll's house
(b) Jekyll's laboratory
(c) Utterson's office
(d) On the street
8. What causes Utterson to go to Dr. Jekyll's house?
(a) Curiosity about Hyde
(c) The will
9. The author says that the lamps glittered like...
(b) Moon rays
10. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
11. Who admitted Utterson to Jekyll's house?
(d) The maid
12. Jekyll refers to Lanyon as being...
13. Utterson originally thought Jekyll's will was madness. Now the man thinks it might be...
(a) Null and void
14. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(a) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
(b) Jekyll's name
(c) Past crimes
15. How does Jekyll hear about the murder?
(d) People in the square
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stranger?
2. What emotion does Hyde inspire?
3. What is the name of Jekyll's lawyer?
4. What object gave away the identity of the murderer?
5. What item did the police retrieve from the ashes?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)