|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the dinner guests have in common?
(a) All were doctors
(b) They all liked Sherlock Holmes
(c) All were 50 years old
(d) They all liked wine
2. What is Utterson's impression of Hyde?
(a) That the man is almost inhuman
(b) That there is no reason to worry about Jekyll
(c) That Hyde seems like a nice gent
(d) That Enfield was completely wrong about the man
3. Which of these was not located near Hyde's house?
(a) Retail shop
(b) French eatery
(c) Utterson's office
(d) Gin palace
4. Who witnessed the murder?
(a) A maid
(b) The butler
(d) The Constable
5. Who narrates the chapter?
6. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(b) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
(c) Jekyll's name
(d) Past crimes
7. Why is Utterson disturbed?
(a) Jekyll has not paid for Utterson's services
(b) His arthritis is flaring up
(c) Utterson wants to be in the will
(d) Hyde is a mystery
8. Who did the made recognize on the street?
(d) Her master
9. Who identified the victim?
(a) The maid
(d) Police chief
10. What did Hyde dictate for Jekyll?
(c) Dinner menu
11. What does Utterson believe were Hyde's intentions?
(a) To become a scientist
(b) To murder Jekyll
(c) To embezzle Jekyll's fortune
(d) To become royalty
12. How is the money paid?
(b) Cashier's check
(d) Gold coins and a check
13. Who is the beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
(a) His dog
14. How much money does the girl's family get?
15. Who are Jekyll's two oldest friends?
(a) Utterson and Lanyon
(b) Lanyon and Enfield
(c) Hyde and Poole
(d) Utterson and Hyde
Short Answer Questions
1. What was used as the murder weapon?
2. What promise does Jekyll extract from Utterson?
3. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
4. Who is Hyde supposedly connected to?
5. What is Jekyll accused of?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)