|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jekyll accused of?
(a) Destroying evidence
2. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(a) Jekyll's name
(b) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
(c) Past crimes
3. What strange object captures the eyes of the friends as they walk down the street?
(b) Post box
4. What does Jekyll lie about?
(a) The will
(b) Hyde's whereabouts
(c) Delivery of the letter
(d) His alibi
5. What does Utterson suspect the relationship is between Jekyll and Hyde?
(c) Romantic involvement
6. Who is Hyde supposedly connected to?
7. In which era does the story take place?
8. What object gave away the identity of the murderer?
(c) Fountain pen
9. Who narrates the chapter?
10. How is the money paid?
(a) Gold coins and a check
(b) Cashier's check
11. What evidence does Jekyll give to Utterson?
(b) Bloody shoe
(d) Murder weapon
12. What did Hyde dictate for Jekyll?
(c) Dinner menu
13. Approximately how much time passed before the murder took place?
(a) Two years
(b) Six months
(c) One year
(d) Three months
14. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
(a) Ask Jekyll for help
(b) Wait until he goes to the bank
(c) Go to Hyde's parent's house
(d) Stake out Hyde's house
15. What item was found on the victim?
(c) Suicide note
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stranger?
2. How was the victim killed?
3. What is the name of the lawyer's friend?
4. What is Carew's first name?
5. Where did Hyde live?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)