|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If science is related to intellect than heresy is related to
(b) Emotional stability
(c) Proven fact
2. What item did Jekyll burn?
(a) Cheque book
(c) Bloody clothes
(d) Murder weapon
3. What is the name of the stranger?
4. Which of these was not located near Hyde's house?
(a) Utterson's office
(b) Retail shop
(c) French eatery
(d) Gin palace
5. How does Hyde come and go from Jekyll's house?
(a) Hyde crawls through a window
(b) Hyde has an adjoining apartment
(c) The butler lets Hyde in
(d) Hyde has a key
6. How did Enfield describe Hyde to Utterson?
(a) As having an invisible deformity
(b) Like a schoolyard bully
(c) Enfield could not explain
(d) Like the peculiar uncle
7. What does Utterson suspect the relationship is between Jekyll and Hyde?
(b) Romantic involvement
8. The author says that the lamps glittered like...
(b) Moon rays
9. Where did Hyde live?
(a) West End
(b) Cavendish Square
(c) Piccadilly Circus
10. What does Hyde say when Utterson asks to be let into the house?
(a) Hyde ignores Utterson
(b) Dr. Jekyll is away
(c) Utterson has the wrong house
(d) Dr. Jekyll is very ill
11. How much money does the girl's family get?
12. What color was the victim's hair?
13. Jekyll refers to Lanyon as being...
14. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
(a) Dissecting rooms
(b) Garden shed
(d) Carriage house
15. What is the name of Jekyll's butler?
Short Answer Questions
1. The clerk compares which two items?
2. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
3. What term does Lanyon use to describe Jekyll's experiments?
4. Which of these words is not used to describe Hyde?
5. Who narrates the chapter?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)