|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was not in Jekyll's laboratory?
(b) Bunsen burner
(c) Glass presses
2. What does Utterson believe were Hyde's intentions?
(a) To become royalty
(b) To murder Jekyll
(c) To embezzle Jekyll's fortune
(d) To become a scientist
3. What is the name of the lawyer's friend?
4. What trait is highly sought after in the time of the book?
(d) Having money
5. What evidence does Jekyll give to Utterson?
(a) Bloody shoe
(b) Murder weapon
6. The author says that the lamps glittered like...
(c) Moon rays
7. Approximately how much time passed before the murder took place?
(a) Six months
(b) Two years
(c) Three months
(d) One year
8. What causes Utterson to go to Dr. Jekyll's house?
(a) Curiosity about Hyde
(d) The will
9. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
(a) Carriage house
(c) Garden shed
(d) Dissecting rooms
10. Jekyll refers to Lanyon as being...
11. Who is Hyde supposedly connected to?
12. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
(a) Go to Hyde's parent's house
(b) Ask Jekyll for help
(c) Stake out Hyde's house
(d) Wait until he goes to the bank
13. How many windows does the old building have?
14. How much money does the girl's family get?
15. What term does Lanyon use to describe Jekyll's experiments?
(b) A waste of time
(c) Scientific heresies
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hyde live?
2. How was the victim killed?
3. Why is Utterson disturbed?
4. If science is related to intellect than heresy is related to
5. The stranger reminds the man of whom?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)