|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jekyll react when Utterson mentions Hyde?
(a) Jekyll becomes angry
(b) Jekyll ignores Utterson
(c) The conversation is interrupted
(d) Jekyll turns pale
2. Who narrates the chapter?
3. How much money does the girl's family get?
4. Lanyon feels what has happened to Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll has been abducted
(b) Jekyll is seriously ill
(c) Jekyll has gone mad
(d) Hyde is blackmailing Jekyll
5. How is the money paid?
(a) Gold coins and a check
(d) Cashier's check
6. What is the occasion for the meeting?
(a) Accidental meeting
(b) Business meeting
(c) Casual get-together
(d) Dinner party
7. What item was found on the victim?
(b) Suicide note
8. What is Hyde's first name?
9. What time did the maid call the police?
(b) 3 A.M.
(c) 2 A.M.
(d) 11 P.M.
10. What are the servants' orders in regard to Hyde?
(a) The servants are expected to obey Hyde
(b) The servants do not know Hyde exists
(c) The servants have been ordered to ignore Hyde
(d) There are no servants
11. What does Utterson suspect the relationship is between Jekyll and Hyde?
(c) Romantic involvement
12. Utterson begs Jekyll to reveal what?
(a) A scientific formula
(b) Contents of his will
(c) Recipe for dessert
(d) A secret
13. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(a) Past crimes
(b) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
(d) Jekyll's name
14. What is the initial thought regarding the stranger's relationship with Jekyll?
15. Where do the old friends meet?
(a) Utterson's office
(b) Jekyll's laboratory
(c) On the street
(d) Jekyll's house
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the victim killed?
2. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
3. What causes Utterson to go to Dr. Jekyll's house?
4. Who are Jekyll's two oldest friends?
5. What does Utterson believe were Hyde's intentions?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)