|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many windows does the old building have?
2. What is Carew's first name?
3. Who did the made recognize on the street?
(c) Her master
4. The clerk compares which two items?
5. What did the dinner guests have in common?
(a) They all liked Sherlock Holmes
(b) They all liked wine
(c) All were 50 years old
(d) All were doctors
6. Who are Jekyll's two oldest friends?
(a) Utterson and Hyde
(b) Hyde and Poole
(c) Utterson and Lanyon
(d) Lanyon and Enfield
7. What is the occasion for the meeting?
(a) Casual get-together
(b) Accidental meeting
(c) Business meeting
(d) Dinner party
8. What is the name of the lawyer's friend?
9. How is the money paid?
(a) Cashier's check
(b) Gold coins and a check
10. Approximately how much time passed before the murder took place?
(a) Two years
(b) Three months
(c) One year
(d) Six months
11. What does the clerk examine?
(d) Crime scene
12. Which of these was not located near Hyde's house?
(a) Retail shop
(b) Gin palace
(c) Utterson's office
(d) French eatery
13. Who narrates the chapter?
14. Who did the stranger terrorize?
(c) Little Girl
15. What is Jekyll accused of?
(c) Destroying evidence
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Hyde inspire?
2. What was the noise heard by the maid?
3. What item was found on the victim?
4. What object did Hyde carry?
5. What is Hyde's first name?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)