|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jekyll react when Utterson mentions Hyde?
(a) Jekyll becomes angry
(b) The conversation is interrupted
(c) Jekyll turns pale
(d) Jekyll ignores Utterson
2. The clerk compares which two items?
3. How much money does the girl's family get?
4. What is the occasion for the meeting?
(a) Dinner party
(b) Casual get-together
(c) Accidental meeting
(d) Business meeting
5. Who did the stranger terrorize?
(d) Little Girl
6. What did the dinner guests have in common?
(a) All were doctors
(b) They all liked Sherlock Holmes
(c) All were 50 years old
(d) They all liked wine
7. What color was the victim's hair?
8. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
(a) Police Chief Danvers
(b) Constable Scott
(c) Sergeant Schultz
(d) Inspector Newcomen
9. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
10. What was used as the murder weapon?
(b) Cricket bat
(c) Walking stick
11. Utterson originally thought Jekyll's will was madness. Now the man thinks it might be...
(c) Null and void
12. What item was found on the victim?
(b) Suicide note
13. Who has a copy of Jekyll's will?
14. How many windows does the old building have?
15. What causes Utterson to go to Dr. Jekyll's house?
(b) Curiosity about Hyde
(c) The will
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial thought regarding the stranger's relationship with Jekyll?
2. What does Utterson suspect the relationship is between Jekyll and Hyde?
3. What word is used to describe the condition of the building?
4. What is the name of Jekyll's lawyer?
5. How long is it before Utterson sees Jekyll?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)