|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the servants' orders in regard to Hyde?
(a) The servants are expected to obey Hyde
(b) There are no servants
(c) The servants do not know Hyde exists
(d) The servants have been ordered to ignore Hyde
2. How was the victim killed?
(c) Run over
3. What did Hyde dictate for Jekyll?
(b) Dinner menu
4. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
(a) Sergeant Schultz
(b) Constable Scott
(c) Inspector Newcomen
(d) Police Chief Danvers
5. What item was found on the victim?
(c) Suicide note
6. How long is it before Utterson sees Jekyll?
(a) Two months
(b) Three days
(c) Two weeks
(d) Three weeks
7. Who admitted Utterson to Jekyll's house?
(a) The maid
8. Where did Hyde live?
(b) Cavendish Square
(c) Piccadilly Circus
(d) West End
9. If science is related to intellect than heresy is related to
(a) Proven fact
(b) Emotional stability
10. What strange object captures the eyes of the friends as they walk down the street?
(b) Post box
11. Utterson begs Jekyll to reveal what?
(a) Contents of his will
(b) A scientific formula
(c) A secret
(d) Recipe for dessert
12. When is Hyde first spotted?
(a) 3 A.M.
(b) 8 A.M.
(c) 1 P.M.
13. What is Jekyll's title?
14. What topic does Utterson broach when he is finally alone with Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll's health
(b) The servants' conduct
(d) The will
15. Why is Utterson disturbed?
(a) Jekyll has not paid for Utterson's services
(b) Hyde is a mystery
(c) Utterson wants to be in the will
(d) His arthritis is flaring up
Short Answer Questions
1. What object did Hyde carry?
2. What is Carew's first name?
3. Why does Jekyll apologize for Hyde?
4. The clerk possessed what special skill?
5. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)