|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lanyon feels what has happened to Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll has been abducted
(b) Jekyll is seriously ill
(c) Hyde is blackmailing Jekyll
(d) Jekyll has gone mad
2. What does Utterson believe were Hyde's intentions?
(a) To embezzle Jekyll's fortune
(b) To become royalty
(c) To murder Jekyll
(d) To become a scientist
3. Jekyll says that his fears cannot be amended by...
(c) Dwelling on them
(d) Running away
4. What is the name of the stranger?
5. What trait is highly sought after in the time of the book?
(d) Having money
6. What item did Jekyll burn?
(b) Bloody clothes
(c) Murder weapon
(d) Cheque book
7. The clerk compares which two items?
8. What is Utterson's impression of Hyde?
(a) That there is no reason to worry about Jekyll
(b) That the man is almost inhuman
(c) That Enfield was completely wrong about the man
(d) That Hyde seems like a nice gent
9. If science is related to intellect than heresy is related to
(b) Proven fact
(c) Emotional stability
10. What is Hyde's first name?
11. What time did the maid call the police?
(b) 11 P.M.
(c) 2 A.M.
(d) 3 A.M.
12. Where did Hyde live?
(a) West End
(b) Cavendish Square
(d) Piccadilly Circus
13. What does Hyde say when Utterson asks to be let into the house?
(a) Dr. Jekyll is away
(b) Utterson has the wrong house
(c) Dr. Jekyll is very ill
(d) Hyde ignores Utterson
14. What should happen if Jekyll disappears?
(a) Hyde should take over
(c) Police will file a missing person's report
(d) The will becomes null and void
15. What object did Hyde carry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Utterson broach when he is finally alone with Jekyll?
2. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
3. How long is it before Utterson sees Jekyll?
4. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
5. How was the victim killed?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)