|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
(a) His dog
2. What is Jekyll accused of?
(a) Destroying evidence
3. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
(a) Wait until he goes to the bank
(b) Stake out Hyde's house
(c) Go to Hyde's parent's house
(d) Ask Jekyll for help
4. How does Jekyll hear about the murder?
(a) People in the square
5. Lanyon feels what has happened to Jekyll?
(a) Jekyll is seriously ill
(b) Hyde is blackmailing Jekyll
(c) Jekyll has been abducted
(d) Jekyll has gone mad
6. What causes Utterson to go to Dr. Jekyll's house?
(a) The will
(d) Curiosity about Hyde
7. Utterson originally thought Jekyll's will was madness. Now the man thinks it might be...
(c) Null and void
8. Who admitted Utterson to Jekyll's house?
(a) The maid
9. What is the name of the lawyer's friend?
10. How did Enfield describe Hyde to Utterson?
(a) As having an invisible deformity
(b) Enfield could not explain
(c) Like a schoolyard bully
(d) Like the peculiar uncle
11. How is the money paid?
(a) Gold coins and a check
(d) Cashier's check
12. What was the noise heard by the maid?
(d) Bones shattering
13. What's the name of Utterson's clerk?
14. Where did Hyde live?
(b) Piccadilly Circus
(c) West End
(d) Cavendish Square
15. Utterson begs Jekyll to reveal what?
(a) A secret
(b) Contents of his will
(c) Recipe for dessert
(d) A scientific formula
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these words is not used to describe Hyde?
2. What does Utterson believe were Hyde's intentions?
3. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
4. Why does Utterson go to Jekyll's house?
5. What was used as the murder weapon?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)