|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Utterson go to Jekyll's house?
(a) Utterson needs to see Hyde's face
(b) Utterson has insomnia
(c) Utterson is worried about Jekyll
(d) There are questions about the will
2. Approximately how much time passed before the murder took place?
(a) One year
(b) Two years
(c) Six months
(d) Three months
3. What color was the victim's hair?
4. How much money does the girl's family get?
5. The author says that the lamps glittered like...
(a) Moon rays
6. What was the name of the victim?
7. What did Hyde dictate for Jekyll?
(a) Dinner menu
8. Mr. Enfield has a rule about what?
(a) Crossing against a light
(b) Smoking in public
(c) Asking questions
(d) Giving advice
9. What word is used to describe the condition of the building?
10. What time did the maid call the police?
(a) 11 P.M.
(b) 3 A.M.
(c) 2 A.M.
11. Why does Jekyll apologize for Hyde?
(a) Hyde did not call on Utterson
(b) Utterson was afraid
(c) Hyde refused to speak
(d) Because he was rude
12. Where did Hyde live?
(a) Cavendish Square
(b) Piccadilly Circus
(d) West End
13. When is Hyde first spotted?
(a) 8 A.M.
(b) 1 P.M.
(d) 3 A.M.
14. How does Jekyll hear about the murder?
(d) People in the square
15. How was the victim killed?
(c) Run over
Short Answer Questions
1. Utterson originally thought Jekyll's will was madness. Now the man thinks it might be...
2. What is the initial thought regarding the stranger's relationship with Jekyll?
3. What does the clerk examine?
4. What is the name of Jekyll's lawyer?
5. How many windows does the old building have?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)