|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Utterson go to Jekyll's house?
(a) Utterson needs to see Hyde's face
(b) Utterson has insomnia
(c) Utterson is worried about Jekyll
(d) There are questions about the will
2. Why does Jekyll apologize for Hyde?
(a) Because he was rude
(b) Hyde refused to speak
(c) Hyde did not call on Utterson
(d) Utterson was afraid
3. What item was found on the victim?
(d) Suicide note
4. What emotion does Hyde inspire?
5. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
6. Jekyll refers to Lanyon as being...
7. How much money does the girl's family get?
8. What is Jekyll accused of?
(a) Destroying evidence
9. What object gave away the identity of the murderer?
(d) Fountain pen
10. How many windows does the old building have?
11. What does Jekyll lie about?
(a) The will
(b) Hyde's whereabouts
(c) His alibi
(d) Delivery of the letter
12. What is the initial thought regarding the stranger's relationship with Jekyll?
13. How does Hyde come and go from Jekyll's house?
(a) Hyde has an adjoining apartment
(b) The butler lets Hyde in
(c) Hyde has a key
(d) Hyde crawls through a window
14. If science is related to intellect than heresy is related to
(c) Emotional stability
(d) Proven fact
15. What is Carew's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What best explains the characteristics of Jekyll and Hyde?
2. What was the noise heard by the maid?
3. What strange object captures the eyes of the friends as they walk down the street?
4. The stranger reminds the man of whom?
5. What is the name of the lawyer's friend?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)