|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hyde's response when Utterson claims they have a mutual friend?
(a) Hyde accuses Utterson of lying
(b) The conversation is interrupted
(c) Hyde ignores Utterson
(d) Hyde denies knowing the mutual friend
2. What is Carew's first name?
3. What's the name of Utterson's clerk?
4. Who is the beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
(d) His dog
5. Who identified the victim?
(a) The maid
(b) Police chief
6. What was the noise heard by the maid?
(c) Bones shattering
7. Jekyll says that his fears cannot be amended by...
(a) Running away
(c) Dwelling on them
8. What was the name of the victim?
9. What time did the maid call the police?
(b) 11 P.M.
(c) 2 A.M.
(d) 3 A.M.
10. What strange object captures the eyes of the friends as they walk down the street?
(d) Post box
11. What word is used to describe the condition of the building?
12. How old is Jekyll?
13. What color was the victim's hair?
14. How long is it before Utterson sees Jekyll?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Three days
(c) Three weeks
(d) Two months
15. How much money does the girl's family get?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which era does the story take place?
2. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
3. What object did Hyde carry?
4. The author says that the lamps glittered like...
5. Approximately how much time passed before the murder took place?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)