|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who narrates the chapter?
2. What are the servants' orders in regard to Hyde?
(a) The servants are expected to obey Hyde
(b) The servants do not know Hyde exists
(c) There are no servants
(d) The servants have been ordered to ignore Hyde
3. What best explains the characteristics of Jekyll and Hyde?
(a) Intelligent and ignorant
(b) Good and evil
(c) Tall and short
(d) Happy and sad
4. In which era does the story take place?
5. What term does Lanyon use to describe Jekyll's experiments?
(b) Scientific heresies
(c) A waste of time
6. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
(a) Go to Hyde's parent's house
(b) Wait until he goes to the bank
(c) Ask Jekyll for help
(d) Stake out Hyde's house
7. What is Hyde's response when Utterson claims they have a mutual friend?
(a) Hyde ignores Utterson
(b) Hyde accuses Utterson of lying
(c) The conversation is interrupted
(d) Hyde denies knowing the mutual friend
8. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(a) Jekyll's name
(b) Past crimes
(d) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
9. Who admitted Utterson to Jekyll's house?
(c) The maid
10. What does the clerk examine?
(a) Crime scene
11. What item did the police retrieve from the ashes?
(a) Packet of letters
(b) Travel itinerary
(d) Cheque book
12. What promise does Jekyll extract from Utterson?
(a) That Utterson should never return to Jekyll's house
(b) That Utterson will never speak to Hyde again
(c) That Utterson will leave town
(d) That Utterson will sign the will
13. What trait is highly sought after in the time of the book?
(c) Having money
14. What item did Jekyll burn?
(a) Murder weapon
(b) Cheque book
(d) Bloody clothes
15. What did the dinner guests have in common?
(a) All were doctors
(b) They all liked Sherlock Holmes
(c) All were 50 years old
(d) They all liked wine
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the check?
2. When is Hyde first spotted?
3. Who is the beneficiary of Jekyll's will?
4. What object did Hyde carry?
5. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)