|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hyde live?
(a) West End
(b) Cavendish Square
(c) Piccadilly Circus
2. What is another name for Jekyll's laboratory?
(b) Dissecting rooms
(c) Carriage house
(d) Garden shed
3. Who admitted Utterson to Jekyll's house?
(a) The maid
4. What did the dinner guests have in common?
(a) All were 50 years old
(b) They all liked wine
(c) All were doctors
(d) They all liked Sherlock Holmes
5. What word is used to describe the condition of the building?
6. What evidence does Jekyll give to Utterson?
(a) Murder weapon
(c) Bloody shoe
7. What is the occasion for the meeting?
(a) Accidental meeting
(b) Business meeting
(c) Dinner party
(d) Casual get-together
8. How long is it before Utterson sees Jekyll?
(a) Three days
(b) Three weeks
(c) Two months
(d) Two weeks
9. Jekyll refers to Lanyon as being...
10. What trait is highly sought after in the time of the book?
(a) Having money
11. How did the police intend to capture Hyde?
(a) Wait until he goes to the bank
(b) Go to Hyde's parent's house
(c) Stake out Hyde's house
(d) Ask Jekyll for help
12. What is Hyde's response when Utterson claims they have a mutual friend?
(a) Hyde ignores Utterson
(b) Hyde denies knowing the mutual friend
(c) Hyde accuses Utterson of lying
(d) The conversation is interrupted
13. What might come out at Hyde's trial?
(b) Jekyll's name
(c) Jekyll and Hyde's relationship
(d) Past crimes
14. How is the money paid?
(a) Cashier's check
(d) Gold coins and a check
15. What term does Lanyon use to describe Jekyll's experiments?
(a) A waste of time
(d) Scientific heresies
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the initial thought regarding the stranger's relationship with Jekyll?
2. Which of these words is not used to describe Hyde?
3. Who did the made recognize on the street?
4. What does Jekyll lie about?
5. What should happen if Jekyll disappears?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)