|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stranger reminds the man of whom?
(b) His father
(c) The constable
(d) Santa Claus
2. Utterson originally thought Jekyll's will was madness. Now the man thinks it might be...
(c) Null and void
3. What is the name of Jekyll's lawyer?
4. When is Hyde first spotted?
(b) 1 P.M.
(c) 3 A.M.
(d) 8 A.M.
5. How many windows does the old building have?
6. Mr. Enfield has a rule about what?
(a) Smoking in public
(b) Asking questions
(c) Crossing against a light
(d) Giving advice
7. How is the money paid?
(c) Cashier's check
(d) Gold coins and a check
8. Why is Utterson disturbed?
(a) His arthritis is flaring up
(b) Utterson wants to be in the will
(c) Jekyll has not paid for Utterson's services
(d) Hyde is a mystery
9. Who is Hyde supposedly connected to?
10. How does Hyde come and go from Jekyll's house?
(a) Hyde has an adjoining apartment
(b) Hyde has a key
(c) The butler lets Hyde in
(d) Hyde crawls through a window
11. What is the name of the lawyer's friend?
12. What is Carew's first name?
13. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
14. In which era does the story take place?
15. What should happen if Jekyll disappears?
(a) The will becomes null and void
(b) Police will file a missing person's report
(c) Hyde should take over
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does the girl's family get?
2. Which was not in Jekyll's laboratory?
3. What term does Lanyon use to describe Jekyll's experiments?
4. Utterson begs Jekyll to reveal what?
5. What is the name of Jekyll's butler?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)