|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Jekyll's two oldest friends?
(a) Hyde and Poole
(b) Utterson and Lanyon
(c) Lanyon and Enfield
(d) Utterson and Hyde
2. What's the name of Utterson's clerk?
3. To whom does Utterson speak about Jekyll?
4. Who did the stranger terrorize?
(a) Little Girl
5. What word is used to describe the condition of the building?
6. Where do the old friends meet?
(a) Jekyll's laboratory
(b) Jekyll's house
(c) On the street
(d) Utterson's office
7. What does Jekyll lie about?
(a) Delivery of the letter
(b) The will
(c) His alibi
(d) Hyde's whereabouts
8. What does Hyde say when Utterson asks to be let into the house?
(a) Hyde ignores Utterson
(b) Dr. Jekyll is very ill
(c) Dr. Jekyll is away
(d) Utterson has the wrong house
9. What was the noise heard by the maid?
(a) Bones shattering
10. How long is it before Utterson sees Jekyll?
(a) Three days
(b) Two months
(c) Two weeks
(d) Three weeks
11. How did Enfield describe Hyde to Utterson?
(a) As having an invisible deformity
(b) Like the peculiar uncle
(c) Like a schoolyard bully
(d) Enfield could not explain
12. The stranger reminds the man of whom?
(b) His father
(c) Santa Claus
(d) The constable
13. What was the name of the victim?
14. What is Utterson's impression of Hyde?
(a) That Hyde seems like a nice gent
(b) That the man is almost inhuman
(c) That there is no reason to worry about Jekyll
(d) That Enfield was completely wrong about the man
15. What emotion does Hyde inspire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the made recognize on the street?
2. The clerk possessed what special skill?
3. Why does Utterson go to Jekyll's house?
4. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
5. How does Hyde come and go from Jekyll's house?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)