|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Carew Murder Case.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Utterson to Hyde's house?
(a) Police Chief Danvers
(b) Inspector Newcomen
(c) Constable Scott
(d) Sergeant Schultz
2. What is Utterson's impression of Hyde?
(a) That Hyde seems like a nice gent
(b) That the man is almost inhuman
(c) That there is no reason to worry about Jekyll
(d) That Enfield was completely wrong about the man
3. What is the name of the lawyer's friend?
4. Why does Jekyll apologize for Hyde?
(a) Because he was rude
(b) Hyde refused to speak
(c) Utterson was afraid
(d) Hyde did not call on Utterson
5. What promise does Jekyll extract from Utterson?
(a) That Utterson will never speak to Hyde again
(b) That Utterson will sign the will
(c) That Utterson will leave town
(d) That Utterson should never return to Jekyll's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how much time passed before the murder took place?
2. Who narrates the chapter?
3. What object did Hyde carry?
4. How does Jekyll react when Utterson mentions Hyde?
5. What emotion does Hyde inspire?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)