|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
2. What item is Boolie amazed Daisy didn't break in her car accident?
3. What year did Daisy first go to Mobile?
4. Who else comes to clean out Daisy's house?
5. Why does Daisy tell Hoke to eat anything out of the icebox during the ice storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
2. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
3. What was Hoke's job during the war?
4. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
5. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
6. What was Daisy's childhood like?
7. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
8. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
9. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
10. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the growth of the friendship between Daisy and Hoke. Make sure to use specific examples and quotes to demonstrate the growth and to address at least 3 literary devices that Uhry uses.
Essay Topic 3
Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)