|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diasy suspect Idella has done a few times?
2. How old was Daisy's cousin Tillie when she married?
3. What year did Daisy first go to Mobile?
4. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
5. What TV show reminds Hoke of Idella whenever he sees it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Daisy's childhood like?
2. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
3. What does Daisy say Florine sounds like when she tries to sing holiday music?
4. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
5. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
6. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
7. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
8. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
9. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
10. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Daisy decide to help Hoke learn how to read and write? What does this choice show us about her character? What does the reader/viewer learn about her from the way she chooses to teach him?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)