|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Daisy's cousin Tillie when she married?
2. What feels funny to Boolie about selling his mother's house?
3. What shape is Boolie's award?
4. What did Harold Stone do for a job?
5. What does Diasy suspect Idella has done a few times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
2. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
3. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
4. What is the "perpetual care" that Daisy mentions while at the cemetery with Hoke?
5. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
6. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
7. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
8. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
9. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
10. Why does Daisy think the people who bombed her temple did it by accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Driving Miss Daisy made into a movie? Why was that movie so successful? What major theme or themes connected with such a large audience?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three scenes from Driving Miss Daisy that all have different tones. Discuss what literary devices Uhry uses to create these tones and what he does in each scene to make it different from the others.
Essay Topic 3
Name at least 3 ways in which Driving Miss Daisy would be different if Florine were not present in the play. Make sure to discuss why her presence, while seemingly minimal, still has an impact on things like plot, character development, and foreshadowing.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)