|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
2. How many days did it take Daisy to let Hoke drive her somewhere?
3. Who is the author of Driving Miss Daisy?
4. Who is Old Man Freitag?
5. What about Boolie's secretary does Daisy think is a shame?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
2. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
3. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
4. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
5. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
6. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
7. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
8. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
9. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
10. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Boolie, as a character, take after his mother or not? If so, how? If not, in what ways is he different? Use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
In 1988, Driving Miss Daisy won the Pulitzer Prize. Name the 3 strongest features of the play, what makes them particularly strong, and why you think each strength may have contributed to the play's prize.
This section contains 1,223 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)