|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cap does Hoke wear when he is driving Daisy?
2. Who does Hoke call when Daisy first becomes disoriented?
3. How old is Boolie when the play ends?
4. Where does Daisy tell Hoke to pick her up from temple the first time?
5. What does Hoke's family member, who is a college professor, teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
2. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
3. Why does Daisy think the people who bombed her temple did it by accident?
4. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
5. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
6. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
7. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
8. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
9. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
10. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether or not turning a play into a movie is a good idea and a fair way to treat a play. What challenges arise? What benefits are there?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Hoke and Boolie. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
In 1988, Driving Miss Daisy won the Pulitzer Prize. Name the 3 strongest features of the play, what makes them particularly strong, and why you think each strength may have contributed to the play's prize.
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)