|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoke mean when he says "Yassum" to Daisy?
2. Who else comes to clean out Daisy's house?
3. What sign causes Daisy such alarm during her long trip with Hoke?
4. What accessory is Hoke carrying with him when Boolie first meets him?
5. What about Boolie's secretary does Daisy think is a shame?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
2. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
3. What was Hoke's job during the war?
4. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
5. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
6. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
7. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
8. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
9. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
10. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Daisy decide to help Hoke learn how to read and write? What does this choice show us about her character? What does the reader/viewer learn about her from the way she chooses to teach him?
Essay Topic 3
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)