|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Daisy visit the cemetery?
2. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
3. How does Idella die?
4. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
5. What is Daisy supposed to be wearing when she first becomes disoriented?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
2. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
3. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
4. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
5. Why does Daisy think the people who bombed her temple did it by accident?
6. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
7. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
8. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
9. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
10. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
Essay Topic 3
Name at least 3 ways in which Driving Miss Daisy would be different if Florine were not present in the play. Make sure to discuss why her presence, while seemingly minimal, still has an impact on things like plot, character development, and foreshadowing.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)