|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feels funny to Boolie about selling his mother's house?
2. Whose grave does Daisy diligently tend to in the cemetery?
3. What sign causes Daisy such alarm during her long trip with Hoke?
4. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
5. What kind of piece is Driving Miss Daisy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
2. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
3. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
4. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
5. Why does Hoke think Boolie's mother isn't involved with the hiring of her chauffeur herself?
6. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
7. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
8. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
9. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
10. What does Hoke tell Boolie about how having people fight over him makes him feel?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hoke and Boolie. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
Essay Topic 3
Name at least 3 literary devices that an author can use to create witty and humorous banter. To support your choices, provide specific examples from Driving Miss Daisy where Urhy successfully employs these devices.
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)