|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does someone bomb Daisy's temple?
2. On what street did Daisy grow up?
3. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
4. In what year does the play end?
5. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
2. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
3. What is the "perpetual care" that Daisy mentions while at the cemetery with Hoke?
4. What was Hoke's job during the war?
5. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
6. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
7. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
8. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
9. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
10. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hoke and Boolie. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not turning a play into a movie is a good idea and a fair way to treat a play. What challenges arise? What benefits are there?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)