|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
2. How has Daisy done her hair during the time she is disoriented?
3. What kind of piece is Driving Miss Daisy?
4. What item do Hoke and Daisy eat in the car during their long trip?
5. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
2. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
3. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
4. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
5. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
6. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
7. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
8. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
9. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
10. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)