|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Daisy when the play begins?
2. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
3. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
4. What was Harold Stone?
5. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
2. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
3. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
4. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
5. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
6. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
7. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
8. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
9. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
10. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Hoke appear to neglect his family so much? Is this a reflection on his character and his character's values, or is it simply a convenient plot device? Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Name at least 3 literary devices that an author can use to create witty and humorous banter. To support your choices, provide specific examples from Driving Miss Daisy where Urhy successfully employs these devices.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)