|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Boolie want to go to the banquet?
2. Based on where she's picked up, what does Daisy worry others will think her chauffeur treats her as?
3. Why does Daisy assume Hoke knows Martin Luther King?
4. What is Daisy's last name?
5. To whom is Driving Miss Daisy dedicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
2. What level of literacy does Hoke have when he first discusses it with Daisy?
3. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
4. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
5. What was Daisy's childhood like?
6. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
7. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
8. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
9. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
10. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What literary devices that are specific to a play does Urhy use to demonstrate the passage of time as the play progresses? Make sure to use at least 3 literary devices that appear over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not turning a play into a movie is a good idea and a fair way to treat a play. What challenges arise? What benefits are there?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)