|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Boolie be while Daisy is on her long trip with Hoke?
2. What does Florine send along with Daisy during her trip?
3. Who is Daisy going to see when she has Hoke drive her for a trip?
4. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
5. What does Daisy think of the holiday lights Florine always puts up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
2. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
3. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
4. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
5. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
6. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
7. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
8. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
9. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
10. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Hoke appear to neglect his family so much? Is this a reflection on his character and his character's values, or is it simply a convenient plot device? Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Does Boolie, as a character, take after his mother or not? If so, how? If not, in what ways is he different? Use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)