|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
2. What "loss" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
3. What kind of ending does Driving Miss Daisy have?
4. How old is Hoke when the play begins?
5. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
2. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
3. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
4. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
5. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
6. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
7. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
8. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
9. Who is Leo Bauer?
10. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hoke and Boolie. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
What literary devices that are specific to a play does Urhy use to demonstrate the passage of time as the play progresses? Make sure to use at least 3 literary devices that appear over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 3
Does Boolie, as a character, take after his mother or not? If so, how? If not, in what ways is he different? Use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)