|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Boolie's father?
2. What was Harold Stone?
3. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
4. Who is Sinclair Harris?
5. Where is the banquet held?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
2. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
3. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
4. What does Hoke tell Boolie about how having people fight over him makes him feel?
5. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
6. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
7. What was Daisy's childhood like?
8. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
9. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
10. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character from the novel and discuss how that character's race both limits and does not limit what Uhry is able to do with them as a character.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
Essay Topic 3
Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)