|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jeanette Harris from?
2. Where will Boolie be while Daisy is on her long trip with Hoke?
3. In what year did Driving Miss Daisy win the Pulitzer Prize?
4. As Daisy and Hoke are about to enter Florine's house for Christmas, what does Daisy say she hopes she doesn't do?
5. How long does Boolie allow Hoke to live in Daisy's home.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
2. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
3. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
4. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
5. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
6. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
7. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
8. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
9. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
10. Why does Daisy think the people who bombed her temple did it by accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Hoke appear to neglect his family so much? Is this a reflection on his character and his character's values, or is it simply a convenient plot device? Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character from the novel and discuss how that character's race both limits and does not limit what Uhry is able to do with them as a character.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the growth of the friendship between Daisy and Hoke. Make sure to use specific examples and quotes to demonstrate the growth and to address at least 3 literary devices that Uhry uses.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)