|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Boolie says Daisy can't do to Hoke?
2. Where did Daisy work?
3. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
4. Why can't Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
5. How does Idella die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
2. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
3. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
4. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
5. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
6. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
7. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
8. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
9. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
10. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What literary devices that are specific to a play does Urhy use to demonstrate the passage of time as the play progresses? Make sure to use at least 3 literary devices that appear over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)