|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the accident, what kind of car did Daisy wish she were still driving?
2. What is Daisy supposed to be wearing when she first becomes disoriented?
3. Why does Daisy claim her students always liked her?
4. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
5. How much money is Daisy's accident going to cost the insurance company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
2. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
3. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
4. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
5. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
6. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
7. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
8. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
9. What was Hoke's job during the war?
10. Why does Daisy think the people who bombed her temple did it by accident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character from the novel and discuss how that character's race both limits and does not limit what Uhry is able to do with them as a character.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Hoke appear to neglect his family so much? Is this a reflection on his character and his character's values, or is it simply a convenient plot device? Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)