|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
2. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
3. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
5. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
2. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
3. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
4. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
5. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
6. What was Hoke's job during the war?
7. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
8. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
9. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
10. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
Essay Topic 1
Name at least 3 literary devices that an author can use to make a character with curmudgeonly characteristics endearing to a reader. Choose one character who could be described as curmudgeonly from Driving Miss Daisy and use specific examples from the play to support your choices.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not turning a play into a movie is a good idea and a fair way to treat a play. What challenges arise? What benefits are there?
Essay Topic 3
In 1988, Driving Miss Daisy won the Pulitzer Prize. Name the 3 strongest features of the play, what makes them particularly strong, and why you think each strength may have contributed to the play's prize.
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)