|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hoke report he is feeling during Daisy's disorientation?
2. What does Daisy have to say about who can learn to read?
3. Why can't Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
4. Who is Daisy going to see when she has Hoke drive her for a trip?
5. Why does Daisy claim her students always liked her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
2. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
3. What was Daisy's childhood like?
4. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
5. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
6. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
7. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
8. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
9. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
10. What was Hoke's job during the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name at least 3 literary devices that an author can use to create witty and humorous banter. To support your choices, provide specific examples from Driving Miss Daisy where Urhy successfully employs these devices.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the growth of the friendship between Daisy and Hoke. Make sure to use specific examples and quotes to demonstrate the growth and to address at least 3 literary devices that Uhry uses.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Daisy decide to help Hoke learn how to read and write? What does this choice show us about her character? What does the reader/viewer learn about her from the way she chooses to teach him?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)