|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daisy end up inviting to go with her to the banquet?
2. How old is Boolie when the play ends?
3. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
4. What does Florine send along with Daisy during her trip?
5. What TV show reminds Hoke of Idella whenever he sees it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
2. Why does Hoke think Boolie's mother isn't involved with the hiring of her chauffeur herself?
3. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
4. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
5. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
6. What was Daisy's childhood like?
7. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
8. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
9. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
10. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the growth of the friendship between Daisy and Hoke. Make sure to use specific examples and quotes to demonstrate the growth and to address at least 3 literary devices that Uhry uses.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)