|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
2. Why does someone bomb Daisy's temple?
3. Who is being honored at the banquet?
4. How long has Daisy not been in the house when it is sold?
5. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
2. What does Hoke tell Boolie about how having people fight over him makes him feel?
3. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
4. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
5. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
6. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
7. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
8. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
9. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
10. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hoke and Boolie. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Daisy decide to help Hoke learn how to read and write? What does this choice show us about her character? What does the reader/viewer learn about her from the way she chooses to teach him?
Essay Topic 3
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)