Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
2. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
3. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
5. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
2. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
3. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
4. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
5. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
6. What was Hoke's job during the war?
7. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
8. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
9. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
10. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
Discuss the growth of the friendship between Daisy and Hoke. Make sure to use specific examples and quotes to demonstrate the growth and to address at least 3 literary devices that Uhry uses.
Why was Driving Miss Daisy made into a movie? Why was that movie so successful? What major theme or themes connected with such a large audience?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)