|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
2. What kind of ending does Driving Miss Daisy have?
3. How has Daisy done her hair during the time she is disoriented?
4. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
5. From whom does Boolie win his award?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
2. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
3. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
4. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
5. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
6. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
7. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
8. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
9. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
10. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not turning a play into a movie is a good idea and a fair way to treat a play. What challenges arise? What benefits are there?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)