|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Daisy going to see when she has Hoke drive her for a trip?
2. In what year does the play begin?
3. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
4. Why does Daisy assume Hoke knows Martin Luther King?
5. As Driving Miss Daisy comes to a conclusion, what kind of driver does Daisy continue to accuse Hoke of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hoke's job during the war?
2. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
3. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
4. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
5. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
6. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
7. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
8. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
9. What level of literacy does Hoke have when he first discusses it with Daisy?
10. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
Essay Topic 2Compare and contrast Hoke and Boolie. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)