|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accessory is Hoke carrying with him when Boolie first meets him?
2. To whom is Driving Miss Daisy dedicated?
3. Who does Daisy actually end up going to the banquet with?
4. What did Harold Stone do for a job?
5. Who is being honored at the banquet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
2. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
3. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
4. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
5. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
6. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
7. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
8. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
9. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
10. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character from the novel and discuss how that character's race both limits and does not limit what Uhry is able to do with them as a character.
Essay Topic 3
Does Boolie, as a character, take after his mother or not? If so, how? If not, in what ways is he different? Use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)