|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
2. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
3. Who is Miss McClatchey?
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
5. Why can't Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
2. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
3. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
4. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
5. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
6. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
7. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
8. Who is Leo Bauer?
9. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
10. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Driving Miss Daisy made into a movie? Why was that movie so successful? What major theme or themes connected with such a large audience?
Essay Topic 2
Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
Essay Topic 3
Name at least 3 ways in which Driving Miss Daisy would be different if Florine were not present in the play. Make sure to discuss why her presence, while seemingly minimal, still has an impact on things like plot, character development, and foreshadowing.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)