|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member of Hoke's is a college professor?
2. Why does Daisy think Hoke enjoys Christmas at Boolie and Florine's?
3. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
4. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
5. What is Daisy afraid of when she is disoriented?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
2. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
3. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
4. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
5. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
6. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
7. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
8. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
9. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
10. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Driving Miss Daisy made into a movie? Why was that movie so successful? What major theme or themes connected with such a large audience?
Essay Topic 2
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Daisy decide to help Hoke learn how to read and write? What does this choice show us about her character? What does the reader/viewer learn about her from the way she chooses to teach him?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)