|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Boolie call and ask Daisy to bring over for Christmas dessert?
2. How fast does Daisy like to go in her car?
3. What does Florine send along with Daisy during her trip?
4. Because she has a chauffeur, what does Daisy worry her fellow temple-goers will think she is trying to do?
5. In what year does the play begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
2. What was Hoke's job during the war?
3. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
4. Who is Leo Bauer?
5. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
6. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
7. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
8. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
9. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
10. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name at least 3 literary devices that an author can use to make a character with curmudgeonly characteristics endearing to a reader. Choose one character who could be described as curmudgeonly from Driving Miss Daisy and use specific examples from the play to support your choices.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the growth of the friendship between Daisy and Hoke. Make sure to use specific examples and quotes to demonstrate the growth and to address at least 3 literary devices that Uhry uses.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Daisy decide to help Hoke learn how to read and write? What does this choice show us about her character? What does the reader/viewer learn about her from the way she chooses to teach him?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)