|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
2. What does Florine send along with Daisy during her trip?
3. What is Daisy supposed to be wearing when she first becomes disoriented?
4. In what year does the play end?
5. Where does Daisy tell Hoke to pick her up from temple the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy say Florine sounds like when she tries to sing holiday music?
2. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
3. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
4. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
5. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
6. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
7. What was Hoke's job during the war?
8. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
9. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
10. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
Essay Topic 1
Does Boolie, as a character, take after his mother or not? If so, how? If not, in what ways is he different? Use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)