|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday character does Florine always have at her front door?
2. What company does Boolie work for?
3. How does Daisy initially react to Hoke's request to pull the car over during the ride back from their long trip?
4. Where has Daisy heard Martin Luther King preach?
5. What sign causes Daisy such alarm during her long trip with Hoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
2. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
3. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
4. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
5. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
6. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
7. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
8. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
9. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
10. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one character from the novel and discuss how that character's race both limits and does not limit what Uhry is able to do with them as a character.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)