|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does someone bomb Daisy's temple?
2. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
3. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
4. How much money is Daisy's accident going to cost the insurance company?
5. Who is Boolie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
2. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
3. Who is Leo Bauer?
4. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
5. What is the "perpetual care" that Daisy mentions while at the cemetery with Hoke?
6. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
7. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
8. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
9. What does Daisy say Florine sounds like when she tries to sing holiday music?
10. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the growth of the friendship between Daisy and Hoke. Make sure to use specific examples and quotes to demonstrate the growth and to address at least 3 literary devices that Uhry uses.
Essay Topic 2
Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Hoke and Boolie. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)