|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What endearing name does Boolie frequent call Daisy?
2. What kind of car does Daisy crash?
3. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
4. Who does Daisy tell Boolie that Hoke came to see (in the final scene)?
5. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
2. What does Hoke tell Boolie about how having people fight over him makes him feel?
3. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
4. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
5. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
6. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
7. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
8. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
9. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
10. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)