|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
2. How old was Daisy's cousin Tillie when she married?
3. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
4. To whom is Hoke's daughter married?
5. What does Hoke's family member, who is a college professor, teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
2. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
3. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
4. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
5. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
6. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
7. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
8. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
9. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
10. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What literary devices that are specific to a play does Urhy use to demonstrate the passage of time as the play progresses? Make sure to use at least 3 literary devices that appear over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
Essay Topic 3
Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)