|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeanette Harris?
2. On her way to Christmas dinner, what does Daisy say Florine would die before doing?
3. On what significant day does Daisy put flowers on Leo Bauer's grave?
4. In what year does the play begin?
5. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
2. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
3. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
4. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
5. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
6. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
7. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
8. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
9. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
10. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three scenes from Driving Miss Daisy that all have different tones. Discuss what literary devices Uhry uses to create these tones and what he does in each scene to make it different from the others.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not turning a play into a movie is a good idea and a fair way to treat a play. What challenges arise? What benefits are there?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)