|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hoke's childhood friend whose father was lynched?
2. Where will Boolie be while Daisy is on her long trip with Hoke?
3. On what significant day does Daisy put flowers on Leo Bauer's grave?
4. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
5. Who does Daisy want Hoke telling about his Christmas present.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
2. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
3. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
4. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
5. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
6. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
7. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
8. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
9. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
10. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Daisy decide to help Hoke learn how to read and write? What does this choice show us about her character? What does the reader/viewer learn about her from the way she chooses to teach him?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)