|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
2. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
3. How old was Daisy's cousin Tillie when she married?
4. What does Boolie miss in order to meet with Daisy and discuss the missing can of salmon?
5. Where has Daisy heard Martin Luther King preach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What level of literacy does Hoke have when he first discusses it with Daisy?
2. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
3. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
4. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
5. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
6. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
7. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
8. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
9. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
10. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not turning a play into a movie is a good idea and a fair way to treat a play. What challenges arise? What benefits are there?
Essay Topic 3
Name at least 3 ways in which Driving Miss Daisy would be different if Florine were not present in the play. Make sure to discuss why her presence, while seemingly minimal, still has an impact on things like plot, character development, and foreshadowing.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)