|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hoke gets too old to drive, who drives him?
2. Who is being honored at the banquet?
3. In what year does the play end?
4. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
5. How old is Hoke when the play ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
2. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
3. What was Daisy's childhood like?
4. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
5. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
6. What was Hoke's job during the war?
7. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
8. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
9. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
10. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Driving Miss Daisy made into a movie? Why was that movie so successful? What major theme or themes connected with such a large audience?
Essay Topic 2
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Choose three scenes from Driving Miss Daisy that all have different tones. Discuss what literary devices Uhry uses to create these tones and what he does in each scene to make it different from the others.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)