|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the play end?
2. In what year was Driving Miss Daisy originally performed?
3. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
4. How long has Daisy not been in the house when it is sold?
5. Who does Hoke buy his own car from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
2. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
3. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
4. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
5. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
6. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
7. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
8. What was Hoke's job during the war?
9. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
10. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Daisy decide to help Hoke learn how to read and write? What does this choice show us about her character? What does the reader/viewer learn about her from the way she chooses to teach him?
Essay Topic 2
Name at least 3 literary devices that an author can use to create witty and humorous banter. To support your choices, provide specific examples from Driving Miss Daisy where Urhy successfully employs these devices.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)