|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
2. Why does Hoke come over during the ice storm?
3. How is the situation with the missing can of salmon resolved?
4. Who saved up money for Daisy to go to school?
5. What is Daisy's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
2. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
3. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
4. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
5. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
6. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
7. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
8. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
9. Who is Leo Bauer?
10. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Hoke and Boolie. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)