|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoke tell Daisy might happen if she doesn't snap out of it when she is disoriented?
2. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
3. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
4. What stage cue does Driving Miss Daisy frequently use to change scenes?
5. What might happen if Boolie goes to the banquet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What level of literacy does Hoke have when he first discusses it with Daisy?
2. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
3. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
4. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
5. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
6. Who is Leo Bauer?
7. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
8. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
9. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
10. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What literary devices that are specific to a play does Urhy use to demonstrate the passage of time as the play progresses? Make sure to use at least 3 literary devices that appear over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
Essay Topic 3
Name at least 3 ways in which Driving Miss Daisy would be different if Florine were not present in the play. Make sure to discuss why her presence, while seemingly minimal, still has an impact on things like plot, character development, and foreshadowing.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)