|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While she is disoriented, why does Daisy become angry with Hoke?
2. Who is Sinclair Harris?
3. How fast does Daisy like to go in her car?
4. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
5. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
2. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
3. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
4. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
5. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
6. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
7. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
8. What is the "perpetual care" that Daisy mentions while at the cemetery with Hoke?
9. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
10. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Name at least 3 ways in which Driving Miss Daisy would be different if Florine were not present in the play. Make sure to discuss why her presence, while seemingly minimal, still has an impact on things like plot, character development, and foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one character from the novel and discuss how that character's race both limits and does not limit what Uhry is able to do with them as a character.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)