Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
2. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
3. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
5. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
2. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
3. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
4. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
5. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
6. What was Hoke's job during the war?
7. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
8. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
9. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
10. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
Choose three scenes from Driving Miss Daisy that all have different tones. Discuss what literary devices Uhry uses to create these tones and what he does in each scene to make it different from the others.
Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
What literary devices that are specific to a play does Urhy use to demonstrate the passage of time as the play progresses? Make sure to use at least 3 literary devices that appear over the course of the story.
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)