|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the motto of Boolie's business?
2. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
3. Why does Daisy assume Hoke knows Martin Luther King?
4. Who does Daisy accuse of doing everything wrong when she is disoriented?
5. What does Daisy have to say about who can learn to read?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
2. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
3. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
4. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
5. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
6. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
7. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
8. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
9. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
10. What was Hoke's job during the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What literary devices that are specific to a play does Urhy use to demonstrate the passage of time as the play progresses? Make sure to use at least 3 literary devices that appear over the course of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Hoke and Boolie. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)