|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does someone bomb Daisy's temple?
2. What is the name of the banquet that Daisy buys tickets to?
3. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
4. How does Hoke find out that Daisy's temple has been bombed?
5. Who does Daisy want Hoke telling about his Christmas present.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
2. What does Daisy say Florine sounds like when she tries to sing holiday music?
3. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
4. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
5. Who is Leo Bauer?
6. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
7. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
8. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
9. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
10. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Daisy is very concerned with keeping an appearance that does not draw attention to herself, yet she also makes some unconventional choices throughout the play. Discuss whether or not Daisy is a conformist, using specific examples and quotations from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
Essay Topic 3Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)