|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might happen if Boolie goes to the banquet?
2. What does Hoke bring Daisy on the morning of the ice storm?
3. To whom is Hoke's daughter married?
4. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
5. Where is Jeanette Harris from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
2. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
3. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
4. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
5. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
6. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
7. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
8. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
9. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
10. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character from the novel and discuss how that character's race both limits and does not limit what Uhry is able to do with them as a character.
Essay Topic 2
Will the themes present in Driving Miss Daisy still be present 50 years from now? If so, why? If not, why not? Make sure to address at least three themes from the play in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Why is Daisy so uncomfortable when speaking about her money? Describe at least 3 examples of when this discomfort arises in the text and what we learn from the scene as well as from her behavior.
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)