|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
2. Where has Hoke heard Martin Luther King preach?
3. How does Daisy initially react to Hoke's request to pull the car over during the ride back from their long trip?
4. How many days did it take Daisy to let Hoke drive her somewhere?
5. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
2. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
3. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
4. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
5. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
6. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
7. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
8. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
9. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
10. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name at least 3 literary devices that an author can use to create witty and humorous banter. To support your choices, provide specific examples from Driving Miss Daisy where Urhy successfully employs these devices.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Hoke and Daisy. Make sure your argument essay uses specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Would Driving Miss Daisy still "work" as a play if it were place in modern times? if so, list three reasons why it would. If not, list three reasons why not.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)