|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Daisy want to park her car in the sun?
2. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
3. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
4. How does Boolie feel about his mother going to the banquet?
5. From whom does Boolie win his award?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Leo Bauer?
2. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
3. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
4. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
5. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
6. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
7. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
8. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
9. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
10. What level of literacy does Hoke have when he first discusses it with Daisy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1988, Driving Miss Daisy won the Pulitzer Prize. Name the 3 strongest features of the play, what makes them particularly strong, and why you think each strength may have contributed to the play's prize.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character from the novel and discuss how that character's race both limits and does not limit what Uhry is able to do with them as a character.
Essay Topic 3
Choose 2 characters and discuss at least 3 ways that their life has been influenced by their race. Make sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)