|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Hoke when the play ends?
2. How much did Jeanette Harris offer to pay Hoke for his services?
(a) Seventy-five dollars a week.
(b) Sixy-five dollars a week.
(c) Five dollars a mile.
(d) Whatever he wanted.
3. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
(c) No one; she is a widow.
(d) We never learn his name.
4. In what year did Driving Miss Daisy win the Pulitzer Prize?
5. What does Daisy give Hoke as a Christmas present?
(a) A new pair of keys for the car.
(b) A new tie.
(c) A picture of the two of them.
(d) A handwriting book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Hoke heard Martin Luther King preach?
2. How is the situation with the missing can of salmon resolved?
3. What item do Hoke and Daisy eat in the car during their long trip?
4. How does Hoke get information from the newspaper?
5. What activity does Daisy do in her hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
2. Why does Hoke think Boolie's mother isn't involved with the hiring of her chauffeur herself?
3. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
4. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
5. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
6. What was Daisy's childhood like?
7. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
8. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
9. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
10. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)