|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Daisy get to Mobile the first time she went?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) Hoke drove her.
(d) This is a trick question - she's never been to Mobile.
2. How many days did it take Daisy to let Hoke drive her somewhere?
3. What stage cue does Driving Miss Daisy frequently use to change scenes?
(a) The lights going off and then on.
(b) A bell softly ringing.
(c) A narrator.
4. Who is Boolie's father?
(c) The reader never finds out.
(d) Boolie is an orphan.
5. As Daisy and Hoke are about to enter Florine's house for Christmas, what does Daisy say she hopes she doesn't do?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Spit up.
(c) Be rude.
(d) Have to stay too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Idella?
2. How much does Boolie agree to pay Hoke a week to chauffeur Daisy?
3. What did Harold Stone do for a job?
4. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
5. What is the name of the award that Boolie wins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
2. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
3. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
4. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
5. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
6. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
7. Who is Leo Bauer?
8. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
9. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
10. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)