|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Boolie want to go to the banquet?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because doing so may harm his business.
(c) Because he already has plans.
(d) Because he can't afford it.
2. Who saved up money for Daisy to go to school?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her children.
3. What does Hoke bring Daisy on the morning of the ice storm?
4. What car does Hoke first buy for himself?
(a) A taxi cab because he has to work two jobs.
(b) Daisy's old car.
(c) The delivery truck he used to drive.
(d) A brand new Cadillac.
5. How does Hoke find out that Daisy's temple has been bombed?
(a) A police officer tells him.
(b) He hears it on TV.
(c) Someone calls the cell phone they have in the car.
(d) He reads it in the papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street did Daisy grow up?
2. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
3. What kind of ending does Driving Miss Daisy have?
4. What is the one thing Boolie says Daisy can't do to Hoke?
5. On her way to Christmas dinner, what does Daisy say Florine would die before doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
2. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
3. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
4. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
5. Who is Leo Bauer?
6. What level of literacy does Hoke have when he first discusses it with Daisy?
7. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
8. What is the "perpetual care" that Daisy mentions while at the cemetery with Hoke?
9. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
10. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)