|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Hoke heard Martin Luther King preach?
(a) In person.
(b) At his church.
(c) On the radio.
(d) Over the TV.
2. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
(c) A journal.
3. Where is the banquet held?
(a) The State House.
(b) The Biltmore.
(c) Harris' Ranch.
(d) Downtown New York City.
4. Who is being honored at the banquet?
(c) Malcom X.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
(a) By taxicab.
(b) He drives himself.
(c) Her new driver picks him up.
(d) He takes the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
2. How old is Hoke when the play ends?
3. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
4. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
5. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
2. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
3. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
4. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
5. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
6. What does Hoke tell Boolie about how having people fight over him makes him feel?
7. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
8. What does Daisy say Florine sounds like when she tries to sing holiday music?
9. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
10. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)