|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jeanette Harris?
(a) Sinclair Harris's wife.
(b) Boolie's daughter (now married).
(c) Daisy's secret name.
(d) Boolie's wife.
2. What kind of cap does Hoke wear when he is driving Daisy?
(a) This is a trick question -- he doesn't wear a hat.
(b) A chauffeur's cap.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A snow hat.
3. What endearing name does Boolie frequent call Daisy?
(a) A doodle.
(b) A daisy weed.
(c) A curmudgeon.
(d) An old bag.
4. Who is Sinclair Harris?
(a) Daisy's grandson from another marriage.
(b) Daisy's neighbor.
(c) Boolie's cousin.
(d) Hoke's son.
5. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
2. Why does Boolie trade in Daisy's car?
3. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
4. What does Daisy's insurance have to do after she has her accident?
5. Why doesn't Daisy want to park her car in the sun?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
2. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
3. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
4. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
5. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
6. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
7. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
8. What was Hoke's job during the war?
9. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
10. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)