|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Boolie be while Daisy is on her long trip with Hoke?
(a) New York.
(d) In the seat right beside her the entire time.
2. What kind of accents does Uhry specifically mention Daisy and Boolie should have?
(a) East Coast.
3. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
(a) Georgia Power Company.
(b) Florida Power Brokers.
(c) Birmingham Lights and Electricity.
(d) The Power Shower Company.
4. What does Daisy's insurance have to do after she has her accident?
(a) Buy her a brand-new car.
(c) Pay her a lot of money.
(d) Fix the car she totalled.
5. When Daisy finally ends up touching Hoke, what does she touch?
(a) His lips.
(b) His hands.
(c) His face.
(d) His arm muscles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he first starts working, what does Hoke offer to do to Daisy's backyard?
2. How does Hoke find out that Daisy's temple has been bombed?
3. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
4. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
5. How does Idella die?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
2. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
3. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
4. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
5. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
6. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
7. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
8. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
9. Why does Hoke think Boolie's mother isn't involved with the hiring of her chauffeur herself?
10. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)