|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Daisy going to see when she has Hoke drive her for a trip?
(a) Her uncle Walter.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Her mother, who now lives in a hospital.
(d) A special doctor.
2. Why doesn't Boolie want to go to the banquet?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because he already has plans.
(c) Because doing so may harm his business.
(d) Because he can't afford it.
3. What does Hoke's family member, who is a college professor, teach?
4. Who does Hoke call while waiting for Daisy the first time he drives her in the car?
(b) His wife.
(c) The police.
(d) His girlfriend.
5. What church does Martin Luther King preach at?
(a) He isn't allowed to preach anywhere in the city.
(b) Ebeneezer Baptist Church.
(c) Southern Biloxi Methodist.
(d) Atlanta Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Boolie's secretary does Daisy think is a shame?
2. How does Daisy initially react to Hoke's request to pull the car over during the ride back from their long trip?
3. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
4. Who is Boolie's father?
5. Why does Daisy tell Hoke to eat anything out of the icebox during the ice storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
2. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
3. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
4. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
5. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
6. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
7. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
8. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
9. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
10. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)