|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoke end up doing the first week he works for Daisy?
(a) Sitting in the kitchen, doing nothing.
(b) Fixing her old beat-up car.
(c) Talking on his cell phone all day.
(d) Driving her on ridiculous errands.
2. In what year was Driving Miss Daisy originally performed?
3. How does Boolie feel about his mother going to the banquet?
(a) He's afraid she'll be out too late.
(b) He's afraid she'll get drunk -- again.
(c) He doesn't want her to go.
(d) He's glad someone can use the tickets.
4. Why doesn't Daisy want to park her car in the sun?
(a) Because it fades the upholstery.
(b) Because she doesn't want a sunburn.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Because the car will get hot.
5. What does Florine send along with Daisy during her trip?
(a) A present.
(b) A secret letter.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daisy supposed to be wearing when she first becomes disoriented?
2. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
3. Based on where she's picked up, what does Daisy worry others will think her chauffeur treats her as?
4. Which family member of Hoke's is a college professor?
5. What shape is Boolie's award?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
2. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
3. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
4. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
5. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
6. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
7. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
8. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
9. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
10. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)