|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jeanette Harris?
(a) Boolie's wife.
(b) Boolie's daughter (now married).
(c) Sinclair Harris's wife.
(d) Daisy's secret name.
2. Who is Old Man Freitag?
(a) Florine's grandfather.
(b) Florine's father
(c) Florine's neighbor.
(d) Florine's dog.
3. What does Hoke's family member, who is a college professor, teach?
4. What stage cue does Driving Miss Daisy frequently use to change scenes?
(b) The lights going off and then on.
(c) A narrator.
(d) A bell softly ringing.
5. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
(a) When he was driving Daisy.
(b) When he fled slavery.
(c) When he bought his first car.
(d) When he got married.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Boolie win his award?
2. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
3. What does Diasy suspect Idella has done a few times?
4. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
5. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
2. Why does Hoke think Boolie's mother isn't involved with the hiring of her chauffeur herself?
3. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
4. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
5. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
6. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
7. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
8. What does Hoke tell Boolie about how having people fight over him makes him feel?
9. Who is Leo Bauer?
10. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)