|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
(a) He faints.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He gets very, very angry.
2. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
(a) Because she has no food.
(b) Because she is afraid of the dark.
(c) Because the power is out.
(d) Because it will be weeks until anyone can get her out.
3. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(b) Exactly 100.
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
(a) The Power Shower Company.
(b) Birmingham Lights and Electricity.
(c) Georgia Power Company.
(d) Florida Power Brokers.
5. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
(b) A journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV show reminds Hoke of Idella whenever he sees it?
2. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
3. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
4. Why can't Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
5. What does Daisy think of the holiday lights Florine always puts up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
2. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
3. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
4. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
5. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
6. What was Hoke's job during the war?
7. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
8. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
9. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
10. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)