|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Daisy known Idella?
(a) For only a few months.
(b) Since her son was in eighth grade.
(c) Since she was born.
(d) Since 1958.
2. What endearing name does Boolie frequent call Daisy?
(a) A curmudgeon.
(b) A daisy weed.
(c) An old bag.
(d) A doodle.
3. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
(a) Seven dollars a week.
(b) One dollar a week.
(c) No money at all.
(d) Fifty dollars a week.
4. What does Daisy tell Hoke when she gives him a Christmas present?
(a) That she spent a lot of time picking it out.
(b) That she would like the gift returned.
(c) That it's not a Christmas present.
(d) That the gift is only because he works for her.
5. Why does Daisy claim her students always liked her?
(a) Because she gave great tours of New York City.
(b) Because she was the best professor at the medical school.
(c) Because she could sing and dance very, very well.
(d) Because she always gave them their homework back the next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Old Man Freitag?
2. When he first starts working, what does Hoke offer to do to Daisy's backyard?
3. Based on where she's picked up, what does Daisy worry others will think her chauffeur treats her as?
4. What is Daisy supposed to be wearing when she first becomes disoriented?
5. How long has Daisy not been in the house when it is sold?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
2. What is the "perpetual care" that Daisy mentions while at the cemetery with Hoke?
3. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
4. What was Hoke's job during the war?
5. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
6. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
7. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
8. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
9. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
10. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)