|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What undergarment is accidentally showing during Daisy's disorientation?
(a) Her bra.
(b) Her slip.
(c) Her nylons.
(d) Her underwear.
2. What is Daisy looking for when she becomes disoriented?
(a) Her students' papers.
(b) Her map of the New York subway.
(c) Her medical books.
(d) Her handgun.
3. What does Hoke end up doing the first week he works for Daisy?
(a) Driving her on ridiculous errands.
(b) Talking on his cell phone all day.
(c) Fixing her old beat-up car.
(d) Sitting in the kitchen, doing nothing.
4. What holiday character does Florine always have at her front door?
(c) No one.
(d) Santa Claus.
5. What is the one thing Boolie says Daisy can't do to Hoke?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Make him drive her to the bank.
(c) Be mean to anyone.
(d) Yell at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
2. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
3. When Daisy finally ends up touching Hoke, what does she touch?
4. Whose grave does Daisy diligently tend to in the cemetery?
5. How does Daisy initially react to Hoke's request to pull the car over during the ride back from their long trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hoke's job during the war?
2. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
3. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
4. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
5. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
6. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
7. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
8. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
9. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
10. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)