|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being honored at the banquet?
(c) Malcom X.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
(b) A screaming baby.
(c) A phone call.
(d) The assembly line.
3. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
(c) The car.
(d) Her nosy neighbor.
4. Why does Boolie trade in Daisy's car?
(a) It's losing equity.
(b) He just doesn't like it anymore.
(c) Daisy refused to drive in it anymore.
(d) It is too banged up.
5. How does Idella die?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) This is a trick question -- she doesn't die in the play.
(d) Being driven home by Hoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daisy want Hoke telling about his Christmas present.
2. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
3. What does Florine send along with Daisy during her trip?
4. How many children does Boolie have?
5. How is the situation with the missing can of salmon resolved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
2. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
3. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
4. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
5. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
6. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
7. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
8. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
9. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
10. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)