|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He faints.
(c) He gets very, very angry.
(d) He runs away.
2. Who is being honored at the banquet?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Malcom X.
3. How is the situation with the missing can of salmon resolved?
(a) Daisy decides not to confront Hoke so there's never a resolution.
(b) The cost of the salmon is deducted from Hoke's paycheck.
(c) Hoke brings a replacement can to Daisy.
(d) Hoke must replace it with two cans of salmon.
4. What does Hoke bring Daisy on the morning of the ice storm?
5. What did Harold Stone do for a job?
(a) He never really worked.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a judge.
(d) He was an auto mechanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daisy want Hoke telling about his Christmas present.
2. Why does someone bomb Daisy's temple?
3. What shape is Boolie's award?
4. What year did Daisy first go to Mobile?
5. Where is the banquet held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
2. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
3. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
4. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
5. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
6. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
7. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
8. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
9. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
10. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)