|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
(a) That Hoke had just talked to him the day before.
(b) That Hoke knew him personally.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) That the man is covered in flies.
2. How does Daisy initially react to Hoke's request to pull the car over during the ride back from their long trip?
(a) She tells him he can wait.
(b) She refuses to acknolwedge his request.
(c) She offers to drive for a while.
(d) She says okay but then docks his pay.
3. In what year did Driving Miss Daisy win the Pulitzer Prize?
4. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
(c) She never had a job.
5. Why doesn't Boolie want to go to the banquet?
(a) Because he can't afford it.
(b) Because doing so may harm his business.
(c) Because he already has plans.
(d) Because he is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hoke's childhood friend whose father was lynched?
2. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
3. What accessory is Hoke carrying with him when Boolie first meets him?
4. To whom is Driving Miss Daisy dedicated?
5. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
2. Why does Hoke think Boolie's mother isn't involved with the hiring of her chauffeur herself?
3. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
4. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
5. What was Daisy's childhood like?
6. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
7. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
8. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
9. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
10. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)