|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Driving Miss Daisy win the Pulitzer Prize?
2. How does Hoke find out that Daisy's temple has been bombed?
(a) Someone calls the cell phone they have in the car.
(b) He hears it on TV.
(c) He reads it in the papers.
(d) A police officer tells him.
3. What does Hoke end up doing the first week he works for Daisy?
(a) Talking on his cell phone all day.
(b) Driving her on ridiculous errands.
(c) Fixing her old beat-up car.
(d) Sitting in the kitchen, doing nothing.
4. Where is Jeanette Harris from?
(a) Savannah, Georgia.
(b) Mobile, Alabama.
(c) Canton, Ohio.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
5. What is the one thing Boolie says Daisy can't do to Hoke?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Make him drive her to the bank.
(c) Be mean to anyone.
(d) Yell at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
2. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
3. For what event did Daisy first go to Mobile?
4. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
5. What shape is Boolie's award?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
2. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
3. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
4. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
5. What is the "perpetual care" that Daisy mentions while at the cemetery with Hoke?
6. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
7. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
8. Who is Leo Bauer?
9. What does Hoke tell Boolie about how having people fight over him makes him feel?
10. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)