|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
(a) She makes him pick her up at the Piggly Wiggly.
(b) Secretly, in the back.
(c) Right in front.
(d) Last in the line of chauffeurs.
2. What item does Boolie call and ask Daisy to bring over for Christmas dessert?
(a) Whipped cream.
(b) Shredded coconut.
(c) Chocolate chips.
(d) Lemon curd.
3. Who does Daisy want Hoke telling about his Christmas present.
(a) Boolie only.
(b) No one.
(c) His family.
(d) Florine only.
4. Where has Hoke heard Martin Luther King preach?
(a) At his church.
(b) In person.
(c) Over the TV.
(d) On the radio.
5. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
(a) She never had a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hoke report he is feeling during Daisy's disorientation?
2. Who does Daisy tell Boolie that Hoke came to see (in the final scene)?
3. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
4. Where is the banquet held?
5. What does Hoke end up doing the first week he works for Daisy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daisy think the people who bombed her temple did it by accident?
2. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
3. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
4. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
5. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
6. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
7. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
8. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
9. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
10. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)