|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Hoke's childhood friend whose father was lynched?
2. When do Hoke and Boolie tell Daisy that her house has been sold?
(a) As soon as possible.
(b) As soon as the deal goes through.
(c) They don't; Florine tells her instead.
3. What about Boolie's secretary does Daisy think is a shame?
(a) That she has never married.
(b) That she never buys herself new clothes.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) That she is poor.
4. How much did Jeanette Harris offer to pay Hoke for his services?
(a) Sixy-five dollars a week.
(b) Whatever he wanted.
(c) Seventy-five dollars a week.
(d) Five dollars a mile.
5. What is Daisy afraid of when she is disoriented?
(a) Being trouble to someone.
(b) Not having her medical bag.
(d) Not being able to hail a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoke tell Daisy might happen if she doesn't snap out of it when she is disoriented?
2. Based on where she's picked up, what does Daisy worry others will think her chauffeur treats her as?
3. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
4. Why does Daisy claim her students always liked her?
5. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
2. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
3. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
4. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
5. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
6. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
7. What does Daisy say Old Man Freitag would definitely not approve of during the holidays?
8. Who is Leo Bauer?
9. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
10. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)