|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what significant day does Daisy put flowers on Leo Bauer's grave?
(a) On his birthday.
(b) On Rosh Hashana.
(c) On Christmas.
(d) On Sunday.
2. What item is Boolie amazed Daisy didn't break in her car accident?
(a) Her glass cat figurine.
(b) Her cane.
(c) Her fingernails.
(d) Her glasses.
3. In what year did Driving Miss Daisy win the Pulitzer Prize?
4. What does Hoke's family member, who is a college professor, teach?
5. In what year does the play begin?
(d) The reader never finds out.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Boolie win his award?
2. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
3. What holiday character does Florine always have at her front door?
4. How long has Daisy known Idella?
5. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy say Florine sounds like when she tries to sing holiday music?
2. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
3. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
4. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
5. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
6. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
7. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
8. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
9. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
10. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)