|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
(c) We never learn his name.
(d) No one; she is a widow.
2. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
3. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) No one really knows.
(c) She put the car in reverse instead of drive.
(d) She had a heart attack in the car.
4. To whom is Driving Miss Daisy dedicated?
(a) "Mama and Will."
(b) "To all the Miss Daisys out there."
(c) "My beloved wife."
5. Who is Boolie's mother?
(a) Boolie is an orphan.
(d) The reader never finds out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Daisy work?
2. When he first starts working, what does Hoke offer to do to Daisy's backyard?
3. Why does Daisy claim her students always liked her?
4. When Hoke gets too old to drive, who drives him?
5. Why does Hoke come over during the ice storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
2. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
3. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
4. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
5. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
6. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
7. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
8. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
9. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
10. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)