|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What car does Hoke first buy for himself?
(a) A taxi cab because he has to work two jobs.
(b) Daisy's old car.
(c) The delivery truck he used to drive.
(d) A brand new Cadillac.
2. Where does Boolie say he'll interview potential chauffeurs?
(a) At the country club.
(b) In Daisy's home.
(c) At the plant.
(d) In his own home.
3. What activity does Daisy do in her hospital?
(d) Jewelry making.
4. What shape is Boolie's award?
(a) A large silver bowl.
(b) A tall gold trophy.
(c) A sparkling glass cube.
(d) A shiny black vase.
5. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
(a) Fifty dollars a week.
(b) No money at all.
(c) Seven dollars a week.
(d) One dollar a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harold Stone do for a job?
2. How old is Daisy when the play begins?
3. Who is Idella?
4. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
5. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
2. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
3. What was Daisy's childhood like?
4. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
5. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
6. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
7. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
8. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
9. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
10. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)