|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
(a) The rest of his life.
(b) Until they can spend all of her money.
(c) Until Daisy dies.
(d) Until the house deal goes through.
2. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
(d) She never had a job.
3. What company does Boolie work for?
(a) Astor & Astor.
(b) The Birmingham Gazette.
(c) The Werthan Company.
(d) Atlanta Paper Co.
4. How did Daisy get to Mobile the first time she went?
(a) By bus.
(b) Hoke drove her.
(c) By train.
(d) This is a trick question - she's never been to Mobile.
5. What item does Boolie pocket while cleaning out his mother's house?
(a) Her little leather phone book.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her childhood doll.
(d) Her favorite doily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hoke call while waiting for Daisy the first time he drives her in the car?
2. What is the name of the award that Boolie wins?
3. How does Hoke report he is feeling during Daisy's disorientation?
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
5. What does Daisy expect she'll be served for dinner when she arrives at her destination after her long trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
2. Why does Daisy think the people who bombed her temple did it by accident?
3. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
4. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
5. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
6. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
7. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
8. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
9. What level of literacy does Hoke have when he first discusses it with Daisy?
10. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)