|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daisy tell Hoke to pick her up from temple the first time?
(a) In the back.
(b) She tells him not to pick her up at all.
(c) In the alley, away from everyone.
(d) Around the corner.
2. What shape is Boolie's award?
(a) A shiny black vase.
(b) A tall gold trophy.
(c) A large silver bowl.
(d) A sparkling glass cube.
3. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
(a) She thinks it's the same people.
(b) She thinks it's time to move to California.
(c) She thinks someone is after Hoke.
4. On what street did Daisy grow up?
(a) Euclid Street.
(b) Forsyth Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Oak Street.
5. What does Hoke mean when he says "Yassum" to Daisy?
(a) Yes ma'am.
(b) You need something?
(d) Yes mama.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hoke get information from the newspaper?
2. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
3. Why does someone bomb Daisy's temple?
4. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
5. Who saved up money for Daisy to go to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
2. Who is Leo Bauer?
3. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Boolie?
4. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
5. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
6. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
7. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
8. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
9. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
10. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)