|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the play end?
(c) The reader never finds out.
2. How old was Daisy's cousin Tillie when she married?
3. What is Daisy's last name?
4. Where is Jeanette Harris from?
(a) Savannah, Georgia.
(b) Canton, Ohio.
(c) Mobile, Alabama.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
5. What is the first nice thing Boolie hears Daisy say about Hoke?
(a) She never says anything nice about him.
(b) That he's handy.
(c) That he's handsome.
(d) That he's a good driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
2. On what street did Daisy grow up?
3. How does Hoke get information from the newspaper?
4. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
5. What company does Boolie work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specialties of Idella's can Hoke and Daisy replicate?
2. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
3. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
4. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
5. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
6. What level of literacy does Hoke have when he first discusses it with Daisy?
7. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
8. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
9. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
10. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)