|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Daisy going to see when she has Hoke drive her for a trip?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Her uncle Walter.
(c) Her mother, who now lives in a hospital.
(d) A special doctor.
2. What is the first nice thing Boolie hears Daisy say about Hoke?
(a) That he's handy.
(b) She never says anything nice about him.
(c) That he's a good driver.
(d) That he's handsome.
3. What does Daisy's insurance have to do after she has her accident?
(a) Fix the car she totalled.
(b) Pay her a lot of money.
(c) Buy her a brand-new car.
4. Who does Daisy tell Boolie that Hoke came to see (in the final scene)?
(a) His daughter.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Her cute nurse.
5. Who is Miss McClatchey?
(a) Daisy's insurance agent.
(b) Boolie's secretary.
(c) Daisy's nosy neighbor.
(d) Daisy's secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Hoke's childhood friend whose father was lynched?
2. How long does Boolie allow Hoke to live in Daisy's home.
3. Why does Hoke come over during the ice storm?
4. When Daisy finally ends up touching Hoke, what does she touch?
5. Why doesn't Boolie want to go to the banquet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
2. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
3. What does Daisy say Florine sounds like when she tries to sing holiday music?
4. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
5. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
6. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
7. What was Hoke's job during the war?
8. When was the first time Daisy saw the ocean?
9. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
10. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)