|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hoke come over during the ice storm?
(a) Because he wants to make sure Daisy is okay.
(b) Because he has to work that day.
(c) Because he knows how to drive in the ice.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
(a) Georgia State University.
(b) Spelman College.
(c) Florida State University.
(d) Moorehouse College.
3. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
(c) A neighbor.
4. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(c) Exactly 100.
5. What shape is Boolie's award?
(a) A large silver bowl.
(b) A sparkling glass cube.
(c) A tall gold trophy.
(d) A shiny black vase.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what event did Daisy first go to Mobile?
2. What activity does Daisy do in her hospital?
3. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
4. Where has Daisy heard Martin Luther King preach?
5. On her way to Christmas dinner, what does Daisy say Florine would die before doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
2. How does Daisy act during the first time Hoke takes her out in the car?
3. What was Hoke's job during the war?
4. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
5. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
6. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
7. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
8. What does Daisy say Florine sounds like when she tries to sing holiday music?
9. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
10. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)