|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stage cue does Driving Miss Daisy frequently use to change scenes?
(b) A narrator.
(c) A bell softly ringing.
(d) The lights going off and then on.
2. What is Daisy supposed to be wearing when she first becomes disoriented?
(a) Very warm clothes in the middle of summer.
(b) A housecoat.
(c) A robe only.
3. Where does Boolie say he'll interview potential chauffeurs?
(a) In Daisy's home.
(b) At the plant.
(c) At the country club.
(d) In his own home.
4. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
(a) She thinks she is a teacher again.
(b) She thinks she is a doctor again.
(c) She thinks someone is trying to kill her.
(d) She thinks she is living in New York City.
5. Who is Sinclair Harris?
(a) Boolie's cousin.
(b) Hoke's son.
(c) Daisy's grandson from another marriage.
(d) Daisy's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks was the original production of Driving Miss Daisy supposed to run for?
2. What did Daisy demolish in her car accident?
3. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
4. What is the name of the award that Boolie wins?
5. Who is Boolie's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
2. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
3. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
4. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
5. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
6. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
7. How does Daisy find out that Hoke can't read?
8. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
9. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
10. When Hoke says that "always be the same ones" in response to Daisy's question about who bombed the temple, who does he mean?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)