|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a "Piggly Wiggly"?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A mean name for chauffeurs.
(c) A pet shop.
(d) A mean name for old Jewish ladies.
2. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
(a) Very thick ones because of his age.
(b) Safety goggles because there is so much junk.
(c) No glasses at all.
(d) Very thin reading glasses.
3. What does Daisy have to say about who can learn to read?
(a) That Hoke isn't smart enough to do it.
(b) That anyone can do it.
(c) That Hoke is too old to learn.
(d) That it is very difficult.
4. What does Diasy suspect Idella has done a few times?
(a) Make long-distance phone calls.
(b) Throw silver forks in the garbage.
(c) Steal a pair of earrings.
(d) Sneak men into the house.
5. Why does Daisy assume Hoke knows Martin Luther King?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Because he's Black.
(c) Because he greatly admires him.
(d) Because he knows everyone in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hoke buy his own car from?
2. What does Daisy expect she'll be served for dinner when she arrives at her destination after her long trip?
3. How does Hoke find out that Daisy's temple has been bombed?
4. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
5. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
2. Who is Leo Bauer?
3. How does Boolie initially react to Daisy's concern about the missing salmon?
4. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
5. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
6. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
7. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
8. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
9. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
10. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)