|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy think of the holiday lights Florine always puts up?
(a) That they are too little.
(b) That they are gorgeous.
(c) That they are nice but a little too bright.
(d) That they are tacky.
2. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
(a) She's not going to celebrate a major event.
(b) Her inheritance.
(c) Her uncle's ninetieth birthday.
(d) Her recovery from cancer.
3. How has Daisy done her hair during the time she is disoriented?
(a) She's done it -- but very, very oddly.
(b) She hasn't done it at all.
(c) She has styled it very formally.
(d) She gave herself a very bad haircut.
4. How many days did it take Daisy to let Hoke drive her somewhere?
5. For what event did Daisy first go to Mobile?
(a) She's never been to Mobile.
(b) Her daddy's funeral.
(c) Walter's wedding.
(d) Her own wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is Boolie amazed Daisy didn't break in her car accident?
2. On what significant day does Daisy put flowers on Leo Bauer's grave?
3. What undergarment is accidentally showing during Daisy's disorientation?
4. How many children does Boolie have?
5. In what year was Driving Miss Daisy originally performed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
2. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
3. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
4. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
5. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
6. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
7. What was Hoke's job during the war?
8. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
9. Who is Leo Bauer?
10. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)