|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Boolie trade in Daisy's car?
(a) He just doesn't like it anymore.
(b) It is too banged up.
(c) It's losing equity.
(d) Daisy refused to drive in it anymore.
2. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
(a) Very thick ones because of his age.
(b) Very thin reading glasses.
(c) Safety goggles because there is so much junk.
(d) No glasses at all.
3. What accessory is Hoke carrying with him when Boolie first meets him?
(a) A fedora.
(b) A pocketwatch.
(c) A very large briefcase.
(d) A cane.
4. Where did Daisy work?
(a) County General Hospital.
(b) The Wainwright mansion.
(c) Crew Street School.
(d) Nowhere; she never had a job.
5. When do Hoke and Boolie tell Daisy that her house has been sold?
(a) As soon as the deal goes through.
(c) They don't; Florine tells her instead.
(d) As soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast does Daisy like to go in her car?
2. What does Daisy expect she'll be served for dinner when she arrives at her destination after her long trip?
3. What might happen if Boolie goes to the banquet?
4. Why does Daisy claim not to like air conditioning in the car?
5. What is the one thing Boolie says Daisy can't do to Hoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
2. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
3. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
4. How does Daisy treat Hoke when he first starts working for her?
5. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
6. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
7. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
8. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
9. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
10. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)