|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Driving Miss Daisy?
(a) Alfred Uhry.
(b) Jorge Uhry.
(c) Simon Uhry.
(d) Henrich Uhry.
2. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
(a) That the man is covered in flies.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) That Hoke knew him personally.
(d) That Hoke had just talked to him the day before.
3. How many children does Boolie have?
4. What does Daisy have to say about who can learn to read?
(a) That it is very difficult.
(b) That Hoke is too old to learn.
(c) That anyone can do it.
(d) That Hoke isn't smart enough to do it.
5. Who is being honored at the banquet?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Malcom X.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Boolie says Daisy can't do to Hoke?
2. What stage cue does Driving Miss Daisy frequently use to change scenes?
3. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
4. As Daisy and Hoke are about to enter Florine's house for Christmas, what does Daisy say she hopes she doesn't do?
5. How does Hoke report he is feeling during Daisy's disorientation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke think Boolie's mother isn't involved with the hiring of her chauffeur herself?
2. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
3. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
4. How does Boolie come to meet Hoke?
5. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
6. How does Daisy react when Hoke tells her the temple has been bombed?
7. What was Hoke's job during the war?
8. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
9. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
10. What was Daisy's childhood like?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)