|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Boolie pocket while cleaning out his mother's house?
(a) Her favorite doily.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her little leather phone book.
(d) Her childhood doll.
2. Whose grave does Daisy diligently tend to in the cemetery?
(a) Random people's.
(b) Her husband's.
(c) Her daughter's.
(d) Her mother's.
3. Why does Hoke come over during the ice storm?
(a) Because he wants to make sure Daisy is okay.
(b) Because he has to work that day.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Because he knows how to drive in the ice.
4. Why does Hoke need to pull the car over on their way home from their long trip?
(a) Because something is wrong with the air conditioner.
(b) Because something is wrong with the tire.
(c) Because he needs to go to the bathroom.
(d) Because Daisy is driving him nuts.
5. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does someone bomb Daisy's temple?
2. What kind of ending does Driving Miss Daisy have?
3. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
4. What item is Boolie amazed Daisy didn't break in her car accident?
5. Why does Daisy claim not to like air conditioning in the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
2. What is the "perpetual care" that Daisy mentions while at the cemetery with Hoke?
3. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
4. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
5. Who is Leo Bauer?
6. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
7. Why must Hoke go to the bathroom on the side of the road on his way back from Mobile with Daisy?
8. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
9. What does Daisy say Florine sounds like when she tries to sing holiday music?
10. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)