|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign causes Daisy such alarm during her long trip with Hoke?
(a) Chicago - 200 miles.
(b) Paris - 2 miles.
(c) Phenix City - 30 miles.
(d) Mobile - 45 miles.
2. Why doesn't Boolie want to go to the banquet?
(a) Because doing so may harm his business.
(b) Because he already has plans.
(c) Because he can't afford it.
(d) Because he is sick.
3. Why does Hoke need to pull the car over on their way home from their long trip?
(a) Because Daisy is driving him nuts.
(b) Because he needs to go to the bathroom.
(c) Because something is wrong with the tire.
(d) Because something is wrong with the air conditioner.
4. What is Hoke's last name?
5. What is a "Piggly Wiggly"?
(a) A mean name for old Jewish ladies.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A mean name for chauffeurs.
(d) A pet shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daisy tell Hoke to pick her up from temple the first time?
2. Who is Idella?
3. What does Diasy suspect Idella has done a few times?
4. How many children does Boolie have?
5. How does Idella die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hoke think his chauffeur job is originally going to entail?
2. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
3. How does Daisy help Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
4. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
5. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
6. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
7. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
8. What specialty of Idealla's can Hoke and Daisy *not* replicate?
9. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
10. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)