|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Boolie call and ask Daisy to bring over for Christmas dessert?
(a) Chocolate chips.
(b) Whipped cream.
(c) Lemon curd.
(d) Shredded coconut.
2. How fast does Daisy like to go in her car?
(a) Below the speed limit.
(b) Exactly two miles above the speed limit so she doesn't get a ticket.
(c) Above the speed limit.
(d) Exactly the speed limit.
3. Where is the banquet held?
(a) Downtown New York City.
(b) The Biltmore.
(c) Harris' Ranch.
(d) The State House.
4. What aid does Daisy need in the final scene?
(a) A hearing aid.
(b) A walker.
5. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
(a) Bring back some informational materials.
(b) Put flowers on her husband's grave.
(c) Drive safely.
(d) Say a prayer for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boolie trade in Daisy's car?
2. As Driving Miss Daisy comes to a conclusion, what kind of driver does Daisy continue to accuse Hoke of being?
3. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
4. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
5. How has Daisy done her hair during the time she is disoriented?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
2. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
3. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
4. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
5. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
6. Why does Hoke think Boolie's mother isn't involved with the hiring of her chauffeur herself?
7. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Hoke?
8. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
9. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
10. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)