|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Daisy when the play begins?
2. What is Daisy's last name?
3. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
(a) Birmingham Lights and Electricity.
(b) Florida Power Brokers.
(c) Georgia Power Company.
(d) The Power Shower Company.
4. What accessory is Hoke carrying with him when Boolie first meets him?
(a) A cane.
(b) A very large briefcase.
(c) A fedora.
(d) A pocketwatch.
5. How much did Jeanette Harris offer to pay Hoke for his services?
(a) Whatever he wanted.
(b) Seventy-five dollars a week.
(c) Five dollars a mile.
(d) Sixy-five dollars a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Boolie's secretary does Daisy think is a shame?
2. What is the name of the award that Boolie wins?
3. How much money is Daisy's accident going to cost the insurance company?
4. Why does Daisy think Hoke enjoys Christmas at Boolie and Florine's?
5. Why does Boolie trade in Daisy's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is Hoke referring to when he mentions the "Geechee trash" in Savannah?
2. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
3. What was Hoke's job during the war?
4. Who asks Hoke to replace the missing can of salmon?
5. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
6. What level of literacy does Hoke have when he first discusses it with Daisy?
7. What initial impression does Uhry want the audience to have of Daisy, based on how he describes what her clothes, hair, and walk should be like?
8. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
9. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
10. Why does Daisy think the people who bombed her temple did it by accident?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)