|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy claim her students always liked her?
(a) Because she was the best professor at the medical school.
(b) Because she always gave them their homework back the next day.
(c) Because she gave great tours of New York City.
(d) Because she could sing and dance very, very well.
2. What company does Boolie work for?
(a) The Werthan Company.
(b) Atlanta Paper Co.
(c) Astor & Astor.
(d) The Birmingham Gazette.
3. Who is Boolie's mother?
(a) Boolie is an orphan.
(c) The reader never finds out.
4. What church does Martin Luther King preach at?
(a) Ebeneezer Baptist Church.
(b) Southern Biloxi Methodist.
(c) He isn't allowed to preach anywhere in the city.
(d) Atlanta Baptist.
5. Where is the first place Daisy allows Hoke to take her?
(a) The bank.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The department store.
(d) The Piggly Wiggly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Driving Miss Daisy win the Pulitzer Prize?
2. How has Daisy done her hair during the time she is disoriented?
3. How does Boolie feel about his mother going to the banquet?
4. Who does Daisy tell Boolie that Hoke came to see (in the final scene)?
5. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy think a chauffeur is going to do while at her house all day?
2. What offer does Jeanette Harris make to Hoke?
3. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
4. Why does Hoke call Daisy "the best widow in the state of Georgia" while they are at the cemetery?
5. What is the "perpetual care" that Daisy mentions while at the cemetery with Hoke?
6. How does Daisy react to the story Hoke tells about the lynching he witnessed as a child?
7. Why is Daisy so bothered by Florine's Christmas decorations and celebrations?
8. What does Daisy believe about the slower you go in a car?
9. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
10. What is the first "bad act" that Daisy accuses Florine of doing in the play?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)