|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
(a) She's not going to celebrate a major event.
(b) Her uncle's ninetieth birthday.
(c) Her recovery from cancer.
(d) Her inheritance.
2. What undergarment is accidentally showing during Daisy's disorientation?
(a) Her bra.
(b) Her underwear.
(c) Her nylons.
(d) Her slip.
3. What kind of piece is Driving Miss Daisy?
(a) An opera.
(b) A musical.
(c) A play.
(d) A dance production.
4. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
(b) The car.
(d) Her nosy neighbor.
5. Why does Daisy tell Hoke to eat anything out of the icebox during the ice storm?
(a) Because she hates all the groceries he bought her.
(b) Because it will rot now that the power is out.
(c) Because she's going on a diet.
(d) Because she finally starts to treat him like a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hoke's last name?
2. While she is disoriented, why does Daisy become angry with Hoke?
3. How old is Boolie when the play ends?
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
5. To whom is Driving Miss Daisy dedicated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
2. Why can't Boolie go with Daisy on her long trip to see her Uncle Walter?
3. Why does Daisy not like where Hoke picks her up from temple the first time?
4. How does Hoke initially react to Daisy's declarations that she's not rich?
5. How does Daisy react to Hoke's offer to plant a vegetable garden for her in her backyard?
6. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
7. Who is Leo Bauer?
8. How does Boolie react when he hears Daisy call Hoke "handy"?
9. In the preface, what does Uhry have to say about a real Miss Daisy?
10. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)