|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Hoke's childhood friend whose father was lynched?
2. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
(a) His gain of responsibility.
(b) His gaining of a family.
(c) His gaining of the family inheritance.
(d) His weight gain.
3. To whom is Driving Miss Daisy dedicated?
(b) "Mama and Will."
(c) "My beloved wife."
(d) "To all the Miss Daisys out there."
4. What TV show reminds Hoke of Idella whenever he sees it?
(a) American Idol.
(b) Hit Parade.
(c) World News Tonight.
(d) American Bandstand.
5. What might happen if Boolie goes to the banquet?
(a) He might get sicker.
(b) He will miss an important date with his wife.
(c) He will have to declare bankruptcy.
(d) People will stop coming to his company for services.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday character does Florine always have at her front door?
2. Why can't Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
3. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
4. How fast does Daisy like to go in her car?
5. How did Daisy get to Mobile the first time she went?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hoke have to say about the stereotypes that exist about Jews?
2. Why does Boolie hire a chauffeur for Daisy?
3. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
4. How does Daisy respond when Boolie notes that all of her friends have chauffeurs?
5. What happens to Daisy when Hoke exits the car during their ride back from Mobile?
6. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
7. How does Daisy feel about Florine's Christmas festivities?
8. What does Hoke tell Boolie about how having people fight over him makes him feel?
9. What does Daisy tell Hoke about what to do with his Christmas present?
10. Why does Hoke react the way he does when Daisy invites him to the Martin Luther King, Jr. dinner?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)