|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
(a) The Fourth of July -- Daisy's favorite.
2. What is the first nice thing Boolie hears Daisy say about Hoke?
(a) That he's a good driver.
(b) She never says anything nice about him.
(c) That he's handy.
(d) That he's handsome.
3. While she is disoriented, why does Daisy become angry with Hoke?
(a) Because he is hiding her medical bag.
(b) Because she thinks he is the intruder.
(c) Because he keeps telling her she's not in New York.
(d) Because she thinks he isn't helping her.
4. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
(a) Bring back some informational materials.
(b) Say a prayer for her.
(c) Drive safely.
(d) Put flowers on her husband's grave.
5. How many weeks was the original production of Driving Miss Daisy supposed to run for?
(a) 52 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What undergarment is accidentally showing during Daisy's disorientation?
2. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
3. What does Daisy tell Hoke when she gives him a Christmas present?
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
5. Who is Old Man Freitag?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hoke tell Boolie about Jeanette Harris's offer?
2. Why does Hoke know how to drive on ice?
3. Why does Hoke decline Jeanette Harris's offer?
4. What exactly is a Pullman porter?
5. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
6. What was Hoke's job during the war?
7. Who is Leo Bauer?
8. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
9. What does Hoke tell Boolie about how having people fight over him makes him feel?
10. Why does Daisy want Boolie around when she confronts Hoke about the missing can of salmon?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)