|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
(a) When he was driving Daisy.
(b) When he bought his first car.
(c) When he got married.
(d) When he fled slavery.
2. Who does Hoke call when Daisy first becomes disoriented?
(b) His wife.
3. What holiday character does Florine always have at her front door?
(c) Santa Claus.
(d) No one.
4. What item does Boolie call and ask Daisy to bring over for Christmas dessert?
(a) Shredded coconut.
(b) Whipped cream.
(c) Chocolate chips.
(d) Lemon curd.
5. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
(a) Secretly, in the back.
(b) Last in the line of chauffeurs.
(c) Right in front.
(d) She makes him pick her up at the Piggly Wiggly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Boolie work for?
2. Why does Hoke come over during the ice storm?
3. Who else comes to clean out Daisy's house?
4. Who does Hoke buy his own car from?
5. How does Idella die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Daisy's childhood like?
2. What awkward example does Hoke give for how he won't let Daisy get away from him/fire him?
3. Why does Daisy think the people who bombed her temple did it by accident?
4. Why does Hoke ask if Boolie is Jewish?
5. Who taught Daisy what (little) she knows about cars?
6. Why does Hoke find Daisy's request to check the air conditioner before their long trip so ridiculous?
7. Why does Hoke think Boolie's mother isn't involved with the hiring of her chauffeur herself?
8. Why doesn't Hoke want to go to Savannah with the Stone family?
9. How does Daisy respond to being told she is going to have to have a chauffeur?
10. How long has Hoke been looking for work when he first meets Boolie?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)