|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Boolie feel about his mother going to the banquet?
(a) He's afraid she'll get drunk -- again.
(b) He doesn't want her to go.
(c) He's afraid she'll be out too late.
(d) He's glad someone can use the tickets.
2. What is Hoke's last name?
3. How long does Boolie allow Hoke to live in Daisy's home.
(a) He doesn't allow him to do this.
(b) Until he passes away.
(c) For as many years as he's worked for the family.
(d) Six months.
4. On what significant day does Daisy put flowers on Leo Bauer's grave?
(a) On Christmas.
(b) On Rosh Hashana.
(c) On Sunday.
(d) On his birthday.
5. When she becomes disoriented, what is causing Daisy to also become so distressed?
(a) She thinks she will be killed any moment.
(b) She can't find her subway pass.
(c) She thinks she is late for performing surgery.
(d) She doesn't want to disappoint her students.
6. For what event did Daisy first go to Mobile?
(a) She's never been to Mobile.
(b) Her daddy's funeral.
(c) Walter's wedding.
(d) Her own wedding.
7. In what year does the play begin?
(a) The reader never finds out.
8. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
(b) She never had a job.
9. How old is Hoke when the play ends?
10. To whom is Hoke's daughter married?
(a) A Pullman porter.
(b) A car salesman.
(c) The mailman.
(d) A shoe salesman.
11. What kind of piece is Driving Miss Daisy?
(a) A play.
(b) A musical.
(c) A dance production.
(d) An opera.
12. How often does Daisy visit the cemetery?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Several times a month.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a year.
13. What kind of cap does Hoke wear when he is driving Daisy?
(a) This is a trick question -- he doesn't wear a hat.
(b) A chauffeur's cap.
(c) A snow hat.
(d) A top hat.
14. What feels funny to Boolie about selling his mother's house?
(a) That they had to pull her out of it kicking and screaming.
(b) That she is still alive when they do it.
(c) That she died so suddenly in it.
(d) That it is haunted with old family members.
15. What is the first nice thing Boolie hears Daisy say about Hoke?
(a) That he's handy.
(b) That he's handsome.
(c) She never says anything nice about him.
(d) That he's a good driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because she has a chauffeur, what does Daisy worry her fellow temple-goers will think she is trying to do?
2. Who is Sinclair Harris?
3. Where is Jeanette Harris from?
4. How old is Boolie when the play ends?
5. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)