|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Daisy tell Boolie that Hoke came to see (in the final scene)?
(a) His daughter.
(c) Her cute nurse.
(d) Her doctor.
2. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
(a) Safety goggles because there is so much junk.
(b) No glasses at all.
(c) Very thick ones because of his age.
(d) Very thin reading glasses.
3. Before the accident, what kind of car did Daisy wish she were still driving?
(a) Her Cadillac.
(b) Her La Salle.
(c) Her Oldsmobile.
(d) Her Chevy.
4. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
5. How many weeks was the original production of Driving Miss Daisy supposed to run for?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 52 weeks.
6. Who is Boolie's mother?
(a) The reader never finds out.
(d) Boolie is an orphan.
7. Why doesn't Daisy want to park her car in the sun?
(a) Because the car will get hot.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Because she doesn't want a sunburn.
(d) Because it fades the upholstery.
8. Who does Daisy want Hoke telling about his Christmas present.
(a) Florine only.
(b) Boolie only.
(c) No one.
(d) His family.
9. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
(a) The assembly line.
(b) A screaming baby.
(c) A phone call.
10. After speaking to Jeanette Harris, how much of a raise does Hoke get from Boolie?
(a) Sixty-five dollars a week.
(b) Five dollars a mile.
(c) Thirty dollars a week.
(d) Seventy-five dollars a week.
11. Why does Daisy think Hoke enjoys Christmas at Boolie and Florine's?
(a) Because he's the only Christian in attendance.
(b) Because he's never had Christmas before.
(c) Because he is greedy and hungry all the time.
(d) Because he doesn't have his own family.
12. Who is Daisy going to see when she has Hoke drive her for a trip?
(a) Her uncle Walter.
(b) A special doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Her mother, who now lives in a hospital.
13. Where is Jeanette Harris from?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Savannah, Georgia.
(c) Canton, Ohio.
(d) Mobile, Alabama.
14. What was Harold Stone?
(a) Hoke's son who passed away.
(b) Hoke's neighbor.
(c) Boolie's father.
(d) Hoke's former employer.
15. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
(a) Say a prayer for her.
(b) Drive safely.
(c) Put flowers on her husband's grave.
(d) Bring back some informational materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
2. Why doesn't Boolie want to go to the banquet?
3. What does Hoke tell Daisy might happen if she doesn't snap out of it when she is disoriented?
4. Who does Daisy actually end up going to the banquet with?
5. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)