|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Hoke when the play begins?
2. Where is Jeanette Harris from?
(a) Canton, Ohio.
(b) Mobile, Alabama.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Savannah, Georgia.
3. How long does Boolie allow Hoke to live in Daisy's home.
(a) Six months.
(b) Until he passes away.
(c) He doesn't allow him to do this.
(d) For as many years as he's worked for the family.
4. What is a "Piggly Wiggly"?
(a) A pet shop.
(b) A mean name for chauffeurs.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A mean name for old Jewish ladies.
5. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
(a) His gain of responsibility.
(b) His weight gain.
(c) His gaining of a family.
(d) His gaining of the family inheritance.
6. In what year does the play end?
(c) The reader never finds out.
7. How has Daisy done her hair during the time she is disoriented?
(a) She gave herself a very bad haircut.
(b) She hasn't done it at all.
(c) She's done it -- but very, very oddly.
(d) She has styled it very formally.
8. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
(a) Bring back some informational materials.
(b) Say a prayer for her.
(c) Drive safely.
(d) Put flowers on her husband's grave.
9. Why does Daisy tell Hoke to eat anything out of the icebox during the ice storm?
(a) Because she's going on a diet.
(b) Because it will rot now that the power is out.
(c) Because she hates all the groceries he bought her.
(d) Because she finally starts to treat him like a friend.
10. As Driving Miss Daisy comes to a conclusion, what kind of driver does Daisy continue to accuse Hoke of being?
(a) A cheating one.
(b) A blind one.
(c) A speeding one.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
11. Why does Daisy think Hoke enjoys Christmas at Boolie and Florine's?
(a) Because he's never had Christmas before.
(b) Because he's the only Christian in attendance.
(c) Because he doesn't have his own family.
(d) Because he is greedy and hungry all the time.
12. What does Hoke end up doing the first week he works for Daisy?
(a) Talking on his cell phone all day.
(b) Driving her on ridiculous errands.
(c) Sitting in the kitchen, doing nothing.
(d) Fixing her old beat-up car.
13. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
(a) Because she has no food.
(b) Because the power is out.
(c) Because it will be weeks until anyone can get her out.
(d) Because she is afraid of the dark.
14. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
(a) When he fled slavery.
(b) When he bought his first car.
(c) When he got married.
(d) When he was driving Daisy.
15. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
(d) She never had a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Daisy do in her hospital?
2. In what year did Driving Miss Daisy win the Pulitzer Prize?
3. How does Hoke find out that Daisy's temple has been bombed?
4. Based on where she's picked up, what does Daisy worry others will think her chauffeur treats her as?
5. What kind of car does Daisy crash?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)