|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feels funny to Boolie about selling his mother's house?
(a) That they had to pull her out of it kicking and screaming.
(b) That she died so suddenly in it.
(c) That it is haunted with old family members.
(d) That she is still alive when they do it.
2. Where did Daisy work?
(a) The Wainwright mansion.
(b) Crew Street School.
(c) County General Hospital.
(d) Nowhere; she never had a job.
3. What stage cue does Driving Miss Daisy frequently use to change scenes?
(a) A narrator.
(b) A bell softly ringing.
(c) The lights going off and then on.
4. Who is Boolie's father?
(b) The reader never finds out.
(d) Boolie is an orphan.
5. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
6. What item do Hoke and Daisy eat in the car during their long trip?
(a) Iced tea.
(c) Apple pie.
(d) Stuffed eggs.
7. How has Daisy done her hair during the time she is disoriented?
(a) She's done it -- but very, very oddly.
(b) She gave herself a very bad haircut.
(c) She has styled it very formally.
(d) She hasn't done it at all.
8. When Daisy finally ends up touching Hoke, what does she touch?
(a) His lips.
(b) His arm muscles.
(c) His hands.
(d) His face.
9. Who saved up money for Daisy to go to school?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her grandfather.
10. How does Hoke get information from the newspaper?
(a) He reads it.
(b) He has to get the newspaper in Spanish.
(c) He listens to others read it.
(d) He guesses what's happening from the pictures.
11. What kind of cap does Hoke wear when he is driving Daisy?
(a) A snow hat.
(b) This is a trick question -- he doesn't wear a hat.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A chauffeur's cap.
12. When she becomes disoriented, what is causing Daisy to also become so distressed?
(a) She thinks she will be killed any moment.
(b) She doesn't want to disappoint her students.
(c) She thinks she is late for performing surgery.
(d) She can't find her subway pass.
13. What does Daisy tell Hoke when she gives him a Christmas present?
(a) That she spent a lot of time picking it out.
(b) That it's not a Christmas present.
(c) That she would like the gift returned.
(d) That the gift is only because he works for her.
14. What aid does Daisy need in the final scene?
(a) A hearing aid.
(d) A walker.
15. What "loss" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
(a) His loss of appetite.
(b) His loss of money.
(c) His loss of hair.
(d) His loss the past three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Daisy when the play begins?
2. What car does Hoke first buy for himself?
3. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
4. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
5. How long has Daisy known Idella?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)