|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the banquet held?
(a) Harris' Ranch.
(b) The State House.
(c) Downtown New York City.
(d) The Biltmore.
2. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
(a) Her recovery from cancer.
(b) She's not going to celebrate a major event.
(c) Her inheritance.
(d) Her uncle's ninetieth birthday.
3. Where is the first place Daisy allows Hoke to take her?
(a) The Piggly Wiggly.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The bank.
(d) The department store.
4. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
(b) We never learn his name.
(d) No one; she is a widow.
5. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
(b) A screaming baby.
(c) A phone call.
(d) The assembly line.
6. On what street did Daisy grow up?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Euclid Street.
(c) Oak Street.
(d) Forsyth Street.
7. In what year does the play end?
(a) The reader never finds out.
8. Where is Jeanette Harris from?
(a) Savannah, Georgia.
(b) Canton, Ohio.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Mobile, Alabama.
9. How does Boolie feel about his mother going to the banquet?
(a) He's afraid she'll be out too late.
(b) He's glad someone can use the tickets.
(c) He's afraid she'll get drunk -- again.
(d) He doesn't want her to go.
10. Who does Hoke buy his own car from?
(a) The town preacher.
(c) His own mother.
(d) Mr. Red Mitchell.
11. Where has Daisy heard Martin Luther King preach?
(a) On the radio.
(b) At his church.
(c) In person.
(d) Over the TV.
12. Because she has a chauffeur, what does Daisy worry her fellow temple-goers will think she is trying to do?
(a) Compete with the other chauffeurs.
(b) Show she's better than everyone.
(c) Be cruel.
(d) Act rich.
13. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
(c) A neighbor.
14. How does Hoke report he is feeling during Daisy's disorientation?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He finds it very funny.
(c) He says that he isn't paid enough to do this kind of work.
(d) He is worried.
15. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
(a) Florida Power Brokers.
(b) Birmingham Lights and Electricity.
(c) The Power Shower Company.
(d) Georgia Power Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy claim not to like air conditioning in the car?
2. What feels funny to Boolie about selling his mother's house?
3. What does Hoke end up doing the first week he works for Daisy?
4. What did Harold Stone do for a job?
5. Why does Daisy assume Hoke knows Martin Luther King?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)