|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hoke gets too old to drive, who drives him?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His own chauffeur.
(c) His granddaughter.
(d) He takes the bus.
2. What item do Hoke and Daisy eat in the car during their long trip?
(a) Apple pie.
(c) Iced tea.
(d) Stuffed eggs.
3. Who does Daisy want Hoke telling about his Christmas present.
(a) His family.
(b) Boolie only.
(c) Florine only.
(d) No one.
4. Who does Hoke call when Daisy first becomes disoriented?
(b) His wife.
5. After speaking to Jeanette Harris, how much of a raise does Hoke get from Boolie?
(a) Sixty-five dollars a week.
(b) Five dollars a mile.
(c) Thirty dollars a week.
(d) Seventy-five dollars a week.
6. What aid does Daisy need in the final scene?
(b) A hearing aid.
(c) A walker.
7. In what year was Driving Miss Daisy originally performed?
8. Why does Daisy claim not to like air conditioning in the car?
(a) It gives her a neckache.
(b) It costs too much money to run.
(c) It's bad for the environment.
(d) It gives her a headache.
9. Who does Daisy end up inviting to go with her to the banquet?
(c) No one.
10. When Daisy finally ends up touching Hoke, what does she touch?
(a) His arm muscles.
(b) His face.
(c) His lips.
(d) His hands.
11. How does Hoke get information from the newspaper?
(a) He has to get the newspaper in Spanish.
(b) He guesses what's happening from the pictures.
(c) He reads it.
(d) He listens to others read it.
12. Who is Sinclair Harris?
(a) Daisy's neighbor.
(b) Hoke's son.
(c) Daisy's grandson from another marriage.
(d) Boolie's cousin.
13. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
(a) His gaining of the family inheritance.
(b) His gaining of a family.
(c) His weight gain.
(d) His gain of responsibility.
14. How many children does Boolie have?
15. From whom does Boolie win his award?
(a) The Atlanta City Council.
(b) The Atlanta Business Council.
(c) The Governor's Business Committee.
(d) His law firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
2. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
3. What holiday character does Florine always have at her front door?
4. Who is the author of Driving Miss Daisy?
5. What does Hoke tell Daisy might happen if she doesn't snap out of it when she is disoriented?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)