|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does someone bomb Daisy's temple?
(b) They were trying to assassinate Hoke.
(c) They were trying to assassinate Daisy.
(d) They knew the president was visiting that day.
2. What shape is Boolie's award?
(a) A tall gold trophy.
(b) A sparkling glass cube.
(c) A large silver bowl.
(d) A shiny black vase.
3. To whom is Driving Miss Daisy dedicated?
(a) "To all the Miss Daisys out there."
(b) "My beloved wife."
(c) "Mama and Will."
4. What kind of cap does Hoke wear when he is driving Daisy?
(a) A chauffeur's cap.
(b) A snow hat.
(c) A top hat.
(d) This is a trick question -- he doesn't wear a hat.
5. Who is Old Man Freitag?
(a) Florine's neighbor.
(b) Florine's father
(c) Florine's dog.
(d) Florine's grandfather.
6. What did Daisy demolish in her car accident?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Her car.
(c) A two-car garage.
(d) A freestanding tool shed.
7. What accessory is Hoke carrying with him when Boolie first meets him?
(a) A cane.
(b) A fedora.
(c) A very large briefcase.
(d) A pocketwatch.
8. How did Daisy get to Mobile the first time she went?
(a) This is a trick question - she's never been to Mobile.
(b) By bus.
(c) Hoke drove her.
(d) By train.
9. What company does Boolie work for?
(a) Astor & Astor.
(b) Atlanta Paper Co.
(c) The Werthan Company.
(d) The Birmingham Gazette.
10. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
(a) Moorehouse College.
(b) Spelman College.
(c) Georgia State University.
(d) Florida State University.
11. Who is the author of Driving Miss Daisy?
(a) Alfred Uhry.
(b) Simon Uhry.
(c) Jorge Uhry.
(d) Henrich Uhry.
12. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
(b) A journal.
13. What does Daisy think of the holiday lights Florine always puts up?
(a) That they are too little.
(b) That they are nice but a little too bright.
(c) That they are tacky.
(d) That they are gorgeous.
14. Who is Daisy going to see when she has Hoke drive her for a trip?
(a) A special doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) Her mother, who now lives in a hospital.
(d) Her uncle Walter.
15. What does Hoke mean when he says "Yassum" to Daisy?
(a) You need something?
(c) Yes ma'am.
(d) Yes mama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "Piggly Wiggly"?
2. Why does Daisy think Hoke enjoys Christmas at Boolie and Florine's?
3. Who is Boolie's mother?
4. On what significant day does Daisy put flowers on Leo Bauer's grave?
5. How long has Daisy known Idella?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)