|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Daisy end up inviting to go with her to the banquet?
(a) No one.
2. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
(a) Secretly, in the back.
(b) Last in the line of chauffeurs.
(c) Right in front.
(d) She makes him pick her up at the Piggly Wiggly.
3. When do Hoke and Boolie tell Daisy that her house has been sold?
(b) As soon as the deal goes through.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) They don't; Florine tells her instead.
4. When Hoke gets too old to drive, who drives him?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His own chauffeur.
5. What item does Boolie pocket while cleaning out his mother's house?
(a) Her favorite doily.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her little leather phone book.
(d) Her childhood doll.
6. Why does Daisy become alarmed when she is home alone during the ice storm?
(a) Because she hears footsteps outside.
(b) Because she is afraid of the dark.
(c) Because he home alarm keeps going off.
(d) Because her dog starts barking wildly.
7. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(d) Exactly 100.
8. Why does Daisy tell Hoke to eat anything out of the icebox during the ice storm?
(a) Because she's going on a diet.
(b) Because she hates all the groceries he bought her.
(c) Because it will rot now that the power is out.
(d) Because she finally starts to treat him like a friend.
9. What holiday character does Florine always have at her front door?
(c) No one.
(d) Santa Claus.
10. What does Daisy think of the holiday lights Florine always puts up?
(a) That they are nice but a little too bright.
(b) That they are tacky.
(c) That they are too little.
(d) That they are gorgeous.
11. Who does Boolie suggest Daisy take with her to the banquet instead?
12. What item is Boolie amazed Daisy didn't break in her car accident?
(a) Her cane.
(b) Her fingernails.
(c) Her glass cat figurine.
(d) Her glasses.
13. For what event did Daisy first go to Mobile?
(a) She's never been to Mobile.
(b) Her own wedding.
(c) Walter's wedding.
(d) Her daddy's funeral.
14. What item do Hoke and Daisy eat in the car during their long trip?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Stuffed eggs.
(d) Apple pie.
15. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
(a) The Power Shower Company.
(b) Birmingham Lights and Electricity.
(c) Georgia Power Company.
(d) Florida Power Brokers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else comes to clean out Daisy's house?
2. How many weeks was the original production of Driving Miss Daisy supposed to run for?
3. How does Daisy initially react to Hoke's request to pull the car over during the ride back from their long trip?
4. What did Daisy demolish in her car accident?
5. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)