|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Daisy want to park her car in the sun?
(a) Because she doesn't want a sunburn.
(b) Because the car will get hot.
(c) Because it fades the upholstery.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. Whose grave does Daisy diligently tend to in the cemetery?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Random people's.
(c) Her husband's.
(d) Her daughter's.
3. What is a "Piggly Wiggly"?
(a) A mean name for chauffeurs.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A pet shop.
(d) A mean name for old Jewish ladies.
4. Before the accident, what kind of car did Daisy wish she were still driving?
(a) Her La Salle.
(b) Her Oldsmobile.
(c) Her Cadillac.
(d) Her Chevy.
5. What does Daisy give Hoke as a Christmas present?
(a) A picture of the two of them.
(b) A handwriting book.
(c) A new pair of keys for the car.
(d) A new tie.
6. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
7. Based on where she's picked up, what does Daisy worry others will think her chauffeur treats her as?
(a) Someone who is trying to show off her wealth.
(b) The richest lady on the block.
(c) The Queen of Romania.
(d) A snob.
8. Who is Boolie's mother?
(c) The reader never finds out.
(d) Boolie is an orphan.
9. How old is Daisy when the play begins?
10. Who does Boolie suggest Daisy take with her to the banquet instead?
11. What kind of car does Daisy crash?
(a) A Packard.
(b) A Corvette.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Chevy.
12. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) That the man is covered in flies.
(c) That Hoke had just talked to him the day before.
(d) That Hoke knew him personally.
13. What endearing name does Boolie frequent call Daisy?
(a) An old bag.
(b) A curmudgeon.
(c) A doodle.
(d) A daisy weed.
14. Who is Miss McClatchey?
(a) Daisy's insurance agent.
(b) Boolie's secretary.
(c) Daisy's nosy neighbor.
(d) Daisy's secretary.
15. What does Daisy think of the holiday lights Florine always puts up?
(a) That they are tacky.
(b) That they are gorgeous.
(c) That they are nice but a little too bright.
(d) That they are too little.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
2. How much money is Daisy's accident going to cost the insurance company?
3. Why does Hoke need to pull the car over on their way home from their long trip?
4. How old is Hoke when the play ends?
5. What does Rose Bauer ask Daisy to do in the cemetery?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)