|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
(d) She never had a job.
2. Who does Daisy actually end up going to the banquet with?
(b) No one.
3. What is Daisy supposed to be wearing when she first becomes disoriented?
(a) A housecoat.
(b) A robe only.
(c) Very warm clothes in the middle of summer.
4. What kind of car does Daisy crash?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Corvette.
(c) A Chevy.
(d) A Packard.
5. What item do Hoke and Daisy eat in the car during their long trip?
(a) Iced tea.
(b) Stuffed eggs.
(d) Apple pie.
6. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
(a) She put the car in reverse instead of drive.
(b) She had a heart attack in the car.
(c) No one really knows.
(d) Bad weather.
7. What item does Boolie call and ask Daisy to bring over for Christmas dessert?
(a) Lemon curd.
(b) Shredded coconut.
(c) Whipped cream.
(d) Chocolate chips.
8. What is Daisy looking for when she becomes disoriented?
(a) Her handgun.
(b) Her medical books.
(c) Her map of the New York subway.
(d) Her students' papers.
9. What does Daisy have to say about who can learn to read?
(a) That Hoke is too old to learn.
(b) That anyone can do it.
(c) That it is very difficult.
(d) That Hoke isn't smart enough to do it.
10. Why does Daisy assume Hoke knows Martin Luther King?
(a) Because he's Black.
(b) Because he knows everyone in town.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Because he greatly admires him.
11. How old is Hoke when the play begins?
12. How long does Boolie allow Hoke to live in Daisy's home.
(a) For as many years as he's worked for the family.
(b) He doesn't allow him to do this.
(c) Until he passes away.
(d) Six months.
13. What activity does Daisy do in her hospital?
(c) Jewelry making.
14. What does Daisy tell Hoke when she gives him a Christmas present?
(a) That she would like the gift returned.
(b) That it's not a Christmas present.
(c) That the gift is only because he works for her.
(d) That she spent a lot of time picking it out.
15. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
(b) Her nosy neighbor.
(c) The car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boolie trade in Daisy's car?
2. What is the name of Hoke's childhood friend whose father was lynched?
3. Shortly after Hoke starts working for her, what does Daisy think Hoke has stolen?
4. What car does Hoke first buy for himself?
5. As Driving Miss Daisy comes to a conclusion, what kind of driver does Daisy continue to accuse Hoke of being?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)