|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place Daisy allows Hoke to take her?
(a) The bank.
(b) The department store.
(c) The Piggly Wiggly.
(d) The bus stop.
2. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(c) Exactly 100.
3. How old is Daisy when the play begins?
4. When Daisy finally ends up touching Hoke, what does she touch?
(a) His face.
(b) His lips.
(c) His arm muscles.
(d) His hands.
5. What aid does Daisy need in the final scene?
(b) A walker.
(d) A hearing aid.
6. Who does Hoke call when Daisy first becomes disoriented?
(b) His wife.
7. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
(a) Because she has no food.
(b) Because it will be weeks until anyone can get her out.
(c) Because she is afraid of the dark.
(d) Because the power is out.
8. What feels funny to Boolie about selling his mother's house?
(a) That she died so suddenly in it.
(b) That she is still alive when they do it.
(c) That it is haunted with old family members.
(d) That they had to pull her out of it kicking and screaming.
9. How does Idella die?
(a) This is a trick question -- she doesn't die in the play.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Being driven home by Hoke.
10. What is the first nice thing Boolie hears Daisy say about Hoke?
(a) She never says anything nice about him.
(b) That he's handsome.
(c) That he's handy.
(d) That he's a good driver.
11. How fast does Daisy like to go in her car?
(a) Above the speed limit.
(b) Below the speed limit.
(c) Exactly the speed limit.
(d) Exactly two miles above the speed limit so she doesn't get a ticket.
12. Who does Daisy tell Boolie that Hoke came to see (in the final scene)?
(a) Her doctor.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Her cute nurse.
13. When he first starts working, what does Hoke offer to do to Daisy's backyard?
(a) Plant new trees.
(b) Raise chickens.
(c) Plant a small garden.
(d) Raise pigs.
14. Who does Daisy accuse of doing everything wrong when she is disoriented?
(d) All of these answers are correct.
15. What endearing name does Boolie frequent call Daisy?
(a) An old bag.
(b) A curmudgeon.
(c) A doodle.
(d) A daisy weed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Boolie agree to pay Hoke a week to chauffeur Daisy?
2. How old is Hoke when the play begins?
3. What was Harold Stone?
4. Where does Daisy tell Hoke to pick her up from temple the first time?
5. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)