|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daisy looking for when she becomes disoriented?
(a) Her map of the New York subway.
(b) Her medical books.
(c) Her handgun.
(d) Her students' papers.
2. What endearing name does Boolie frequent call Daisy?
(a) A doodle.
(b) A curmudgeon.
(c) A daisy weed.
(d) An old bag.
3. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
(a) He drives himself.
(b) Her new driver picks him up.
(c) He takes the bus.
(d) By taxicab.
4. Who saved up money for Daisy to go to school?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
5. Where is the first place Daisy allows Hoke to take her?
(a) The bank.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The department store.
(d) The Piggly Wiggly.
6. Who does Daisy tell Boolie that Hoke came to see (in the final scene)?
(b) Her cute nurse.
(c) Her doctor.
(d) His daughter.
7. What is Daisy afraid of when she is disoriented?
(a) Being trouble to someone.
(b) Not having her medical bag.
(d) Not being able to hail a taxi.
8. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
(a) Until the house deal goes through.
(b) Until Daisy dies.
(c) The rest of his life.
(d) Until they can spend all of her money.
9. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
(a) Very thin reading glasses.
(b) No glasses at all.
(c) Very thick ones because of his age.
(d) Safety goggles because there is so much junk.
10. What shape is Boolie's award?
(a) A large silver bowl.
(b) A tall gold trophy.
(c) A shiny black vase.
(d) A sparkling glass cube.
11. Who is Sinclair Harris?
(a) Boolie's cousin.
(b) Daisy's grandson from another marriage.
(c) Daisy's neighbor.
(d) Hoke's son.
12. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He faints.
(c) He throws up.
(d) He gets very, very angry.
13. What might happen if Boolie goes to the banquet?
(a) He will miss an important date with his wife.
(b) People will stop coming to his company for services.
(c) He will have to declare bankruptcy.
(d) He might get sicker.
14. When she becomes disoriented, what is causing Daisy to also become so distressed?
(a) She can't find her subway pass.
(b) She doesn't want to disappoint her students.
(c) She thinks she is late for performing surgery.
(d) She thinks she will be killed any moment.
15. How much does Boolie agree to pay Hoke a week to chauffeur Daisy?
(a) One dollar for every mile he drives.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Thirty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take Daisy to let Hoke drive her somewhere?
2. How old is Boolie when the play ends?
3. What does Hoke's family member, who is a college professor, teach?
4. Who else comes to clean out Daisy's house?
5. Why does Hoke come over during the ice storm?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)