|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On her way to Christmas dinner, what does Daisy say Florine would die before doing?
(a) Offer a chair to anyone who isn't as rich as she is.
(b) Fixing a glass of ice tea for the temple sisterhood.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Talk to Hoke.
2. As Daisy and Hoke are about to enter Florine's house for Christmas, what does Daisy say she hopes she doesn't do?
(a) Have to stay too long.
(b) Spit up.
(c) Be rude.
(d) Get drunk.
3. Who is Boolie's father?
(b) The reader never finds out.
(d) Boolie is an orphan.
4. Who does Hoke buy his own car from?
(a) The town preacher.
(b) His own mother.
(d) Mr. Red Mitchell.
5. What kind of cap does Hoke wear when he is driving Daisy?
(a) A top hat.
(b) This is a trick question -- he doesn't wear a hat.
(c) A snow hat.
(d) A chauffeur's cap.
6. Who does Hoke call when Daisy first becomes disoriented?
(a) His wife.
7. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
(a) Her rabbi.
8. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
(a) Secretly, in the back.
(b) She makes him pick her up at the Piggly Wiggly.
(c) Last in the line of chauffeurs.
(d) Right in front.
9. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
(b) She thinks it's the same people.
(c) She thinks it's time to move to California.
(d) She thinks someone is after Hoke.
10. Where has Daisy heard Martin Luther King preach?
(a) In person.
(b) Over the TV.
(c) At his church.
(d) On the radio.
11. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
(a) Until they can spend all of her money.
(b) The rest of his life.
(c) Until Daisy dies.
(d) Until the house deal goes through.
12. When she becomes disoriented, what is causing Daisy to also become so distressed?
(a) She can't find her subway pass.
(b) She thinks she is late for performing surgery.
(c) She doesn't want to disappoint her students.
(d) She thinks she will be killed any moment.
13. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) No one really knows.
(c) She had a heart attack in the car.
(d) She put the car in reverse instead of drive.
14. Before the accident, what kind of car did Daisy wish she were still driving?
(a) Her La Salle.
(b) Her Chevy.
(c) Her Cadillac.
(d) Her Oldsmobile.
15. When he first starts working, what does Hoke offer to do to Daisy's backyard?
(a) Raise chickens.
(b) Plant a small garden.
(c) Plant new trees.
(d) Raise pigs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Boolie call and ask Daisy to bring over for Christmas dessert?
2. What sign causes Daisy such alarm during her long trip with Hoke?
3. Why can't Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
4. Where is the banquet held?
5. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)