|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first nice thing Boolie hears Daisy say about Hoke?
(a) That he's handsome.
(b) She never says anything nice about him.
(c) That he's handy.
(d) That he's a good driver.
2. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
(a) He drives himself.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) By taxicab.
(d) Her new driver picks him up.
3. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
(a) She thinks she is a doctor again.
(b) She thinks someone is trying to kill her.
(c) She thinks she is living in New York City.
(d) She thinks she is a teacher again.
4. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(c) Exactly 100.
5. What sign causes Daisy such alarm during her long trip with Hoke?
(a) Paris - 2 miles.
(b) Mobile - 45 miles.
(c) Chicago - 200 miles.
(d) Phenix City - 30 miles.
6. Where does Daisy tell Hoke to pick her up from temple the first time?
(a) Around the corner.
(b) She tells him not to pick her up at all.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the alley, away from everyone.
7. What does Hoke mean when he says "Yassum" to Daisy?
(a) Yes ma'am.
(b) Yes mama.
(d) You need something?
8. What is the one thing Boolie says Daisy can't do to Hoke?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Make him drive her to the bank.
(c) Yell at him.
(d) Be mean to anyone.
9. What car does Hoke first buy for himself?
(a) Daisy's old car.
(b) A brand new Cadillac.
(c) A taxi cab because he has to work two jobs.
(d) The delivery truck he used to drive.
10. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
(a) She thinks it's the same people.
(b) She thinks someone is after Hoke.
(c) She thinks it's time to move to California.
11. How long has Daisy known Idella?
(a) Since 1958.
(b) Since her son was in eighth grade.
(c) For only a few months.
(d) Since she was born.
12. What is Daisy afraid of when she is disoriented?
(a) Being trouble to someone.
(b) Not being able to hail a taxi.
(d) Not having her medical bag.
13. How long has Daisy not been in the house when it is sold?
(a) One month.
(b) An hour or so.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
14. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
(a) She had a heart attack in the car.
(b) She put the car in reverse instead of drive.
(c) No one really knows.
(d) Bad weather.
15. What did Harold Stone do for a job?
(a) He never really worked.
(b) He was an auto mechanic.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
2. In what year does the play end?
3. When do Hoke and Boolie tell Daisy that her house has been sold?
4. When she becomes disoriented, what is causing Daisy to also become so distressed?
5. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)