|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ending does Driving Miss Daisy have?
(a) Bloody and tragic.
(b) Silent but violent.
(c) Loud and angry.
(d) Kind and gentle.
2. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
(a) That Hoke knew him personally.
(b) That Hoke had just talked to him the day before.
(c) That the man is covered in flies.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
3. When Daisy finally ends up touching Hoke, what does she touch?
(a) His lips.
(b) His face.
(c) His arm muscles.
(d) His hands.
4. What car does Hoke first buy for himself?
(a) A brand new Cadillac.
(b) The delivery truck he used to drive.
(c) Daisy's old car.
(d) A taxi cab because he has to work two jobs.
5. What does Boolie miss in order to meet with Daisy and discuss the missing can of salmon?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Breakfast and a meeting.
(d) A meeting.
6. Where does Daisy tell Hoke to pick her up from temple the first time?
(a) In the alley, away from everyone.
(b) She tells him not to pick her up at all.
(c) Around the corner.
(d) In the back.
7. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
(a) By taxicab.
(b) He drives himself.
(c) Her new driver picks him up.
(d) He takes the bus.
8. In what city does most of Driving Miss Daisy take place?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Kissimmee, Florida.
9. Why does Daisy think Hoke enjoys Christmas at Boolie and Florine's?
(a) Because he's the only Christian in attendance.
(b) Because he is greedy and hungry all the time.
(c) Because he's never had Christmas before.
(d) Because he doesn't have his own family.
10. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(b) Exactly 100.
11. Why can't Hoke find the Bauer headstone?
(a) Because his vision is going.
(b) Because it has been stolen.
(c) Because it has been moved.
(d) Because he can't read.
12. Why does someone bomb Daisy's temple?
(a) They were trying to assassinate Daisy.
(c) They knew the president was visiting that day.
(d) They were trying to assassinate Hoke.
13. Who does Daisy tell Boolie that Hoke came to see (in the final scene)?
(a) His daughter.
(c) Her cute nurse.
(d) Her doctor.
14. What church does Martin Luther King preach at?
(a) Ebeneezer Baptist Church.
(b) He isn't allowed to preach anywhere in the city.
(c) Atlanta Baptist.
(d) Southern Biloxi Methodist.
15. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
(a) Georgia Power Company.
(b) The Power Shower Company.
(c) Florida Power Brokers.
(d) Birmingham Lights and Electricity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accessory is Hoke carrying with him when Boolie first meets him?
2. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
3. What item does Boolie call and ask Daisy to bring over for Christmas dessert?
4. What endearing name does Boolie frequent call Daisy?
5. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)