|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
(b) A neighbor.
2. What kind of accents does Uhry specifically mention Daisy and Boolie should have?
(b) East Coast.
3. How does Daisy initially react to Hoke's request to pull the car over during the ride back from their long trip?
(a) She offers to drive for a while.
(b) She tells him he can wait.
(c) She refuses to acknolwedge his request.
(d) She says okay but then docks his pay.
4. How does Hoke get information from the newspaper?
(a) He has to get the newspaper in Spanish.
(b) He listens to others read it.
(c) He guesses what's happening from the pictures.
(d) He reads it.
5. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
6. When do Hoke and Boolie tell Daisy that her house has been sold?
(a) As soon as the deal goes through.
(c) As soon as possible.
(d) They don't; Florine tells her instead.
7. Where will Boolie be while Daisy is on her long trip with Hoke?
(a) New York.
(c) In the seat right beside her the entire time.
8. What company does Boolie work for?
(a) Atlanta Paper Co.
(b) The Birmingham Gazette.
(c) Astor & Astor.
(d) The Werthan Company.
9. How many days did it take Daisy to let Hoke drive her somewhere?
10. How much does Boolie agree to pay Hoke a week to chauffeur Daisy?
(a) Thirty dollars.
(b) One dollar for every mile he drives.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
11. What does Daisy have to say about who can learn to read?
(a) That Hoke is too old to learn.
(b) That anyone can do it.
(c) That it is very difficult.
(d) That Hoke isn't smart enough to do it.
12. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
(b) She never had a job.
13. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
(a) He faints.
(b) He gets very, very angry.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He throws up.
14. What does Daisy think of the holiday lights Florine always puts up?
(a) That they are gorgeous.
(b) That they are nice but a little too bright.
(c) That they are too little.
(d) That they are tacky.
15. In what year was Driving Miss Daisy originally performed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy claim her students always liked her?
2. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
3. What stage cue does Driving Miss Daisy frequently use to change scenes?
4. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
5. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)