|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
(a) She thinks someone is after Hoke.
(c) She thinks it's the same people.
(d) She thinks it's time to move to California.
2. What is the name of the banquet that Daisy buys tickets to?
(a) Boolie's office banquet; he makes her buy her own tickets.
(b) The UJA banquet.
(c) The McClatchey Annual Holiday Banquet.
(d) The annual Kissimmee Banquet for Seniors.
3. How old is Daisy when the play begins?
4. Who is Boolie's father?
(a) Boolie is an orphan.
(b) The reader never finds out.
5. What does Boolie miss in order to meet with Daisy and discuss the missing can of salmon?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Breakfast and a meeting.
(c) A meeting.
6. When do Hoke and Boolie tell Daisy that her house has been sold?
(a) As soon as possible.
(c) They don't; Florine tells her instead.
(d) As soon as the deal goes through.
7. What was Harold Stone?
(a) Boolie's father.
(b) Hoke's neighbor.
(c) Hoke's son who passed away.
(d) Hoke's former employer.
8. What endearing name does Boolie frequent call Daisy?
(a) An old bag.
(b) A daisy weed.
(c) A curmudgeon.
(d) A doodle.
9. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
(a) The assembly line.
(b) A screaming baby.
(c) A phone call.
10. Where is the first place Daisy allows Hoke to take her?
(a) The bus stop.
(b) The bank.
(c) The department store.
(d) The Piggly Wiggly.
11. Who does Hoke call while waiting for Daisy the first time he drives her in the car?
(a) His wife.
(b) The police.
(c) His girlfriend.
12. What activity does Daisy do in her hospital?
(b) Jewelry making.
13. Why does Daisy become alarmed when she is home alone during the ice storm?
(a) Because she is afraid of the dark.
(b) Because he home alarm keeps going off.
(c) Because her dog starts barking wildly.
(d) Because she hears footsteps outside.
14. What accessory is Hoke carrying with him when Boolie first meets him?
(a) A very large briefcase.
(b) A pocketwatch.
(c) A cane.
(d) A fedora.
15. What did Daisy demolish in her car accident?
(a) A freestanding tool shed.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) A two-car garage.
(d) Her car.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Driving Miss Daisy comes to a conclusion, what kind of driver does Daisy continue to accuse Hoke of being?
2. In what year does the play begin?
3. For what event did Daisy first go to Mobile?
4. What "loss" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
5. As Daisy and Hoke are about to enter Florine's house for Christmas, what does Daisy say she hopes she doesn't do?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)