|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Daisy not been in the house when it is sold?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) An hour or so.
2. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
(b) We never learn his name.
(d) No one; she is a widow.
3. After speaking to Jeanette Harris, how much of a raise does Hoke get from Boolie?
(a) Seventy-five dollars a week.
(b) Five dollars a mile.
(c) Thirty dollars a week.
(d) Sixty-five dollars a week.
4. Who is Miss McClatchey?
(a) Boolie's secretary.
(b) Daisy's nosy neighbor.
(c) Daisy's secretary.
(d) Daisy's insurance agent.
5. How old is Hoke when the play ends?
6. Who does Hoke buy his own car from?
(a) The town preacher.
(b) His own mother.
(d) Mr. Red Mitchell.
7. How much does Boolie agree to pay Hoke a week to chauffeur Daisy?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) One dollar for every mile he drives.
(c) Thirty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
8. How old is Daisy when the play begins?
9. Where does Daisy tell Hoke to pick her up from temple the first time?
(a) In the alley, away from everyone.
(b) In the back.
(c) She tells him not to pick her up at all.
(d) Around the corner.
10. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
(a) The Fourth of July -- Daisy's favorite.
11. Who does Boolie suggest Daisy take with her to the banquet instead?
12. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
(a) She thinks she is a doctor again.
(b) She thinks someone is trying to kill her.
(c) She thinks she is a teacher again.
(d) She thinks she is living in New York City.
13. How does Daisy initially react to Hoke's request to pull the car over during the ride back from their long trip?
(a) She says okay but then docks his pay.
(b) She tells him he can wait.
(c) She offers to drive for a while.
(d) She refuses to acknolwedge his request.
14. Who is Jeanette Harris?
(a) Boolie's wife.
(b) Boolie's daughter (now married).
(c) Sinclair Harris's wife.
(d) Daisy's secret name.
15. What is Daisy looking for when she becomes disoriented?
(a) Her medical books.
(b) Her students' papers.
(c) Her map of the New York subway.
(d) Her handgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
2. What does Diasy suspect Idella has done a few times?
3. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
4. What was Harold Stone?
5. Who is the author of Driving Miss Daisy?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)