|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Hoke when the play ends?
2. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
(a) The assembly line.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A screaming baby.
3. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
(a) She thinks she is a teacher again.
(b) She thinks she is a doctor again.
(c) She thinks someone is trying to kill her.
(d) She thinks she is living in New York City.
4. Who does Daisy accuse of doing everything wrong when she is disoriented?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
5. What "loss" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
(a) His loss of appetite.
(b) His loss of hair.
(c) His loss the past three years.
(d) His loss of money.
6. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
7. What is the motto of Boolie's business?
(a) You want it, we got it.
(b) You want it, we want it too.
(c) We want what Atlanta wants.
(d) Get what you want -- fast.
8. Which family member of Hoke's is a college professor?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His granddaughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
9. Where did Daisy work?
(a) County General Hospital.
(b) Crew Street School.
(c) The Wainwright mansion.
(d) Nowhere; she never had a job.
10. Who is Daisy going to see when she has Hoke drive her for a trip?
(a) Her mother, who now lives in a hospital.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A special doctor.
(d) Her uncle Walter.
11. Why doesn't Boolie want to go to the banquet?
(a) Because he already has plans.
(b) Because he can't afford it.
(c) Because doing so may harm his business.
(d) Because he is sick.
12. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(d) Exactly 100.
13. How long has Daisy not been in the house when it is sold?
(a) An hour or so.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One month.
14. What church does Martin Luther King preach at?
(a) Atlanta Baptist.
(b) Ebeneezer Baptist Church.
(c) He isn't allowed to preach anywhere in the city.
(d) Southern Biloxi Methodist.
15. How much did Jeanette Harris offer to pay Hoke for his services?
(a) Seventy-five dollars a week.
(b) Five dollars a mile.
(c) Sixy-five dollars a week.
(d) Whatever he wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might happen if Boolie goes to the banquet?
2. Who is Sinclair Harris?
3. After speaking to Jeanette Harris, how much of a raise does Hoke get from Boolie?
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
5. Whose grave does Daisy diligently tend to in the cemetery?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)