|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street did Daisy grow up?
(a) Euclid Street.
(b) Forsyth Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Oak Street.
2. Why does Hoke come over during the ice storm?
(a) Because he has to work that day.
(b) Because he wants to make sure Daisy is okay.
(c) Because he knows how to drive in the ice.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
3. What does Daisy tell Hoke when she gives him a Christmas present?
(a) That she spent a lot of time picking it out.
(b) That it's not a Christmas present.
(c) That she would like the gift returned.
(d) That the gift is only because he works for her.
4. What is the name of the award that Boolie wins?
(a) Man of the Year.
(b) Salesman of the Decade.
(c) Manager of the Week.
(d) Employee of the Month.
5. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
(a) His gaining of a family.
(b) His gain of responsibility.
(c) His gaining of the family inheritance.
(d) His weight gain.
6. Where does Boolie say he'll interview potential chauffeurs?
(a) At the country club.
(b) In his own home.
(c) At the plant.
(d) In Daisy's home.
7. What does Hoke tell Daisy might happen if she doesn't snap out of it when she is disoriented?
(a) That she'll hurt herself or someone else.
(b) That she'll have to go to the insane asylum.
(c) That she'll be arrested.
(d) That she'll get lost in New York.
8. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Her uncle's ninetieth birthday.
(c) She's not going to celebrate a major event.
(d) Her recovery from cancer.
9. What undergarment is accidentally showing during Daisy's disorientation?
(a) Her nylons.
(b) Her bra.
(c) Her underwear.
(d) Her slip.
10. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
(c) Her rabbi.
11. What is Daisy supposed to be wearing when she first becomes disoriented?
(a) A housecoat.
(b) A robe only.
(d) Very warm clothes in the middle of summer.
12. How did Daisy get to Mobile the first time she went?
(a) This is a trick question - she's never been to Mobile.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) Hoke drove her.
13. What shape is Boolie's award?
(a) A large silver bowl.
(b) A tall gold trophy.
(c) A sparkling glass cube.
(d) A shiny black vase.
14. How long has Daisy known Idella?
(a) Since 1958.
(b) For only a few months.
(c) Since she was born.
(d) Since her son was in eighth grade.
15. Who does Daisy actually end up going to the banquet with?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daisy initially react to Hoke's request to pull the car over during the ride back from their long trip?
2. What activity does Daisy do in her hospital?
3. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
4. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
5. To whom is Hoke's daughter married?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)