|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stage cue does Driving Miss Daisy frequently use to change scenes?
(a) A narrator.
(b) A bell softly ringing.
(c) The lights going off and then on.
2. Why does Daisy tell Hoke to eat anything out of the icebox during the ice storm?
(a) Because she finally starts to treat him like a friend.
(b) Because it will rot now that the power is out.
(c) Because she's going on a diet.
(d) Because she hates all the groceries he bought her.
3. On her way to Christmas dinner, what does Daisy say Florine would die before doing?
(a) Talk to Hoke.
(b) Fixing a glass of ice tea for the temple sisterhood.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Offer a chair to anyone who isn't as rich as she is.
4. What is the name of the power company Daisy thinks gets rich every Christmas?
(a) Florida Power Brokers.
(b) Birmingham Lights and Electricity.
(c) The Power Shower Company.
(d) Georgia Power Company.
5. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
(a) That the man is covered in flies.
(b) That Hoke had just talked to him the day before.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) That Hoke knew him personally.
6. How old is Boolie when the play ends?
7. Who does Hoke call while waiting for Daisy the first time he drives her in the car?
(a) The police.
(b) His girlfriend.
(d) His wife.
8. Who is Daisy going to see when she has Hoke drive her for a trip?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Her mother, who now lives in a hospital.
(c) Her uncle Walter.
(d) A special doctor.
9. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(b) Exactly 100.
10. What kind of ending does Driving Miss Daisy have?
(a) Silent but violent.
(b) Loud and angry.
(c) Bloody and tragic.
(d) Kind and gentle.
11. How does Idella die?
(a) Being driven home by Hoke.
(b) This is a trick question -- she doesn't die in the play.
(d) Watching TV.
12. What year did Daisy first go to Mobile?
13. How many days did it take Daisy to let Hoke drive her somewhere?
14. What is the first nice thing Boolie hears Daisy say about Hoke?
(a) She never says anything nice about him.
(b) That he's handy.
(c) That he's handsome.
(d) That he's a good driver.
15. Where does Boolie say he'll interview potential chauffeurs?
(a) In his own home.
(b) At the plant.
(c) In Daisy's home.
(d) At the country club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the motto of Boolie's business?
2. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
3. What did Harold Stone do for a job?
4. Who is Old Man Freitag?
5. What feels funny to Boolie about selling his mother's house?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)