|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item is Boolie amazed Daisy didn't break in her car accident?
(a) Her glass cat figurine.
(b) Her fingernails.
(c) Her glasses.
(d) Her cane.
2. How does Hoke get information from the newspaper?
(a) He reads it.
(b) He listens to others read it.
(c) He guesses what's happening from the pictures.
(d) He has to get the newspaper in Spanish.
3. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
(a) No money at all.
(b) Seven dollars a week.
(c) Fifty dollars a week.
(d) One dollar a week.
4. How often does Daisy visit the cemetery?
(a) Several times a month.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a year.
5. What undergarment is accidentally showing during Daisy's disorientation?
(a) Her underwear.
(b) Her bra.
(c) Her nylons.
(d) Her slip.
6. To whom is Hoke's daughter married?
(a) A Pullman porter.
(b) A shoe salesman.
(c) A car salesman.
(d) The mailman.
7. When she becomes disoriented, what is causing Daisy to also become so distressed?
(a) She doesn't want to disappoint her students.
(b) She thinks she is late for performing surgery.
(c) She can't find her subway pass.
(d) She thinks she will be killed any moment.
8. In what city does most of Driving Miss Daisy take place?
(a) Kissimmee, Florida.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
9. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
10. Why does Boolie trade in Daisy's car?
(a) He just doesn't like it anymore.
(b) It's losing equity.
(c) It is too banged up.
(d) Daisy refused to drive in it anymore.
11. Why does Daisy think Hoke enjoys Christmas at Boolie and Florine's?
(a) Because he is greedy and hungry all the time.
(b) Because he's never had Christmas before.
(c) Because he doesn't have his own family.
(d) Because he's the only Christian in attendance.
12. Which family member of Hoke's is a college professor?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
13. How does Hoke report he is feeling during Daisy's disorientation?
(a) He says that he isn't paid enough to do this kind of work.
(b) He finds it very funny.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is worried.
14. Why does Daisy tell Hoke to eat anything out of the icebox during the ice storm?
(a) Because she's going on a diet.
(b) Because it will rot now that the power is out.
(c) Because she hates all the groceries he bought her.
(d) Because she finally starts to treat him like a friend.
15. Where is the banquet held?
(a) Harris' Ranch.
(b) The State House.
(c) The Biltmore.
(d) Downtown New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
2. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
3. How old was Daisy's cousin Tillie when she married?
4. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
5. What does Daisy's insurance have to do after she has her accident?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)