|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might happen if Boolie goes to the banquet?
(a) People will stop coming to his company for services.
(b) He will have to declare bankruptcy.
(c) He will miss an important date with his wife.
(d) He might get sicker.
2. How does Boolie feel about his mother going to the banquet?
(a) He's glad someone can use the tickets.
(b) He's afraid she'll be out too late.
(c) He doesn't want her to go.
(d) He's afraid she'll get drunk -- again.
3. Why does Hoke come over during the ice storm?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Because he has to work that day.
(c) Because he wants to make sure Daisy is okay.
(d) Because he knows how to drive in the ice.
4. In what year did Driving Miss Daisy win the Pulitzer Prize?
5. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
6. Who else comes to clean out Daisy's house?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) Hoke's family.
(d) Her church.
7. When do Hoke and Boolie tell Daisy that her house has been sold?
(a) As soon as the deal goes through.
(b) As soon as possible.
(c) They don't; Florine tells her instead.
8. What kind of piece is Driving Miss Daisy?
(a) A play.
(b) An opera.
(c) A dance production.
(d) A musical.
9. How many days did it take Daisy to let Hoke drive her somewhere?
10. How has Daisy done her hair during the time she is disoriented?
(a) She's done it -- but very, very oddly.
(b) She hasn't done it at all.
(c) She has styled it very formally.
(d) She gave herself a very bad haircut.
11. On her way to Christmas dinner, what does Daisy say Florine would die before doing?
(a) Fixing a glass of ice tea for the temple sisterhood.
(b) Talk to her.
(c) Talk to Hoke.
(d) Offer a chair to anyone who isn't as rich as she is.
12. What is a "Piggly Wiggly"?
(a) A mean name for old Jewish ladies.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A pet shop.
(d) A mean name for chauffeurs.
13. What item is Boolie amazed Daisy didn't break in her car accident?
(a) Her cane.
(b) Her fingernails.
(c) Her glass cat figurine.
(d) Her glasses.
14. In what year does the play end?
(b) The reader never finds out.
15. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) No one really knows.
(c) She had a heart attack in the car.
(d) She put the car in reverse instead of drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy become alarmed when she is home alone during the ice storm?
2. What does Daisy have to say about who can learn to read?
3. Who is Sinclair Harris?
4. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
5. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)