|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Daisy want Hoke telling about his Christmas present.
(a) Boolie only.
(b) Florine only.
(c) His family.
(d) No one.
2. What kind of ending does Driving Miss Daisy have?
(a) Kind and gentle.
(b) Bloody and tragic.
(c) Silent but violent.
(d) Loud and angry.
3. Who is Old Man Freitag?
(a) Florine's neighbor.
(b) Florine's dog.
(c) Florine's grandfather.
(d) Florine's father
4. What about Boolie's secretary does Daisy think is a shame?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) That she is poor.
(c) That she has never married.
(d) That she never buys herself new clothes.
5. How does Hoke report he is feeling during Daisy's disorientation?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He finds it very funny.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He says that he isn't paid enough to do this kind of work.
6. How old is Hoke when the play begins?
7. Who is being honored at the banquet?
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Malcom X.
8. After speaking to Jeanette Harris, how much of a raise does Hoke get from Boolie?
(a) Sixty-five dollars a week.
(b) Thirty dollars a week.
(c) Five dollars a mile.
(d) Seventy-five dollars a week.
9. What year did Daisy first go to Mobile?
10. Where will Boolie be while Daisy is on her long trip with Hoke?
(a) In the seat right beside her the entire time.
(c) New York.
11. When he first starts working, what does Hoke offer to do to Daisy's backyard?
(a) Raise chickens.
(b) Plant new trees.
(c) Plant a small garden.
(d) Raise pigs.
12. Shortly after Hoke starts working for her, what does Daisy think Hoke has stolen?
(a) A can of salmon.
(b) A candleabra.
(c) The silverware.
(d) Her favorite necklace.
13. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
(a) The car.
(b) Her nosy neighbor.
14. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
(a) His gaining of a family.
(b) His gain of responsibility.
(c) His gaining of the family inheritance.
(d) His weight gain.
15. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
(a) Because the power is out.
(b) Because she is afraid of the dark.
(c) Because it will be weeks until anyone can get her out.
(d) Because she has no food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
2. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
3. How does Idella die?
4. Why does Daisy become alarmed when she is home alone during the ice storm?
5. How does Hoke find out that Daisy's temple has been bombed?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)