|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
(a) She thinks it's the same people.
(b) She thinks it's time to move to California.
(d) She thinks someone is after Hoke.
2. To whom is Driving Miss Daisy dedicated?
(a) "To all the Miss Daisys out there."
(b) "My beloved wife."
(d) "Mama and Will."
3. What "loss" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
(a) His loss of hair.
(b) His loss of appetite.
(c) His loss the past three years.
(d) His loss of money.
4. How does Hoke find out that Daisy's temple has been bombed?
(a) Someone calls the cell phone they have in the car.
(b) A police officer tells him.
(c) He reads it in the papers.
(d) He hears it on TV.
5. How much money is Daisy's accident going to cost the insurance company?
6. What is Hoke's last name?
7. Based on where she's picked up, what does Daisy worry others will think her chauffeur treats her as?
(a) A snob.
(b) The Queen of Romania.
(c) Someone who is trying to show off her wealth.
(d) The richest lady on the block.
8. What does Florine send along with Daisy during her trip?
(a) A present.
(b) A map.
(c) A secret letter.
(d) A cell phone.
9. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
(a) She thinks she is living in New York City.
(b) She thinks she is a doctor again.
(c) She thinks someone is trying to kill her.
(d) She thinks she is a teacher again.
10. Who saved up money for Daisy to go to school?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sisters.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her children.
11. What did Daisy demolish in her car accident?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Her car.
(c) A two-car garage.
(d) A freestanding tool shed.
12. When Daisy finally ends up touching Hoke, what does she touch?
(a) His lips.
(b) His hands.
(c) His face.
(d) His arm muscles.
13. Where is the first place Daisy allows Hoke to take her?
(a) The bank.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The department store.
(d) The Piggly Wiggly.
14. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
(a) A screaming baby.
(c) The assembly line.
(d) A phone call.
15. What does Daisy have to say about who can learn to read?
(a) That Hoke is too old to learn.
(b) That anyone can do it.
(c) That it is very difficult.
(d) That Hoke isn't smart enough to do it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Boolie allow Hoke to live in Daisy's home.
2. What holiday is it during the final scene of the play?
3. What gift does Boolie bring for the long trip his Mama is taking?
4. Before the accident, what kind of car did Daisy wish she were still driving?
5. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)