|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A screaming baby.
(d) The assembly line.
2. What TV show reminds Hoke of Idella whenever he sees it?
(a) World News Tonight.
(b) American Idol.
(c) American Bandstand.
(d) Hit Parade.
3. How old is Boolie when the play ends?
4. What item do Hoke and Daisy eat in the car during their long trip?
(b) Apple pie.
(c) Iced tea.
(d) Stuffed eggs.
5. How long does Boolie allow Hoke to live in Daisy's home.
(a) For as many years as he's worked for the family.
(b) Six months.
(c) He doesn't allow him to do this.
(d) Until he passes away.
6. How is the situation with the missing can of salmon resolved?
(a) Daisy decides not to confront Hoke so there's never a resolution.
(b) Hoke must replace it with two cans of salmon.
(c) Hoke brings a replacement can to Daisy.
(d) The cost of the salmon is deducted from Hoke's paycheck.
7. How long has Daisy known Idella?
(a) For only a few months.
(b) Since she was born.
(c) Since 1958.
(d) Since her son was in eighth grade.
8. How much does Boolie agree to pay Hoke a week to chauffeur Daisy?
(a) Thirty dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) One dollar for every mile he drives.
9. How does Hoke report he is feeling during Daisy's disorientation?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He finds it very funny.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He says that he isn't paid enough to do this kind of work.
10. Where does Boolie say he'll interview potential chauffeurs?
(a) At the country club.
(b) At the plant.
(c) In his own home.
(d) In Daisy's home.
11. What does Hoke tell Daisy might happen if she doesn't snap out of it when she is disoriented?
(a) That she'll be arrested.
(b) That she'll hurt herself or someone else.
(c) That she'll have to go to the insane asylum.
(d) That she'll get lost in New York.
12. Why does Daisy assume Hoke knows Martin Luther King?
(a) Because he knows everyone in town.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Because he greatly admires him.
(d) Because he's Black.
13. Where does Hoke pick up Daisy from temple for the first time?
(a) Right in front.
(b) Secretly, in the back.
(c) Last in the line of chauffeurs.
(d) She makes him pick her up at the Piggly Wiggly.
14. On her way to Christmas dinner, what does Daisy say Florine would die before doing?
(a) Offer a chair to anyone who isn't as rich as she is.
(b) Fixing a glass of ice tea for the temple sisterhood.
(c) Talk to Hoke.
(d) Talk to her.
15. How does Hoke get information from the newspaper?
(a) He has to get the newspaper in Spanish.
(b) He listens to others read it.
(c) He guesses what's happening from the pictures.
(d) He reads it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
2. From whom does Boolie win his award?
3. What is Daisy afraid of when she is disoriented?
4. To whom is Hoke's daughter married?
5. What kind of cap does Hoke wear when he is driving Daisy?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)