|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday character does Florine always have at her front door?
(a) No one.
(b) Santa Claus.
2. As Daisy and Hoke are about to enter Florine's house for Christmas, what does Daisy say she hopes she doesn't do?
(a) Be rude.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Spit up.
(d) Have to stay too long.
3. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
(a) No money at all.
(b) Fifty dollars a week.
(c) Seven dollars a week.
(d) One dollar a week.
4. Who is Boolie's father?
(a) Boolie is an orphan.
(b) The reader never finds out.
5. Who is Old Man Freitag?
(a) Florine's neighbor.
(b) Florine's grandfather.
(c) Florine's dog.
(d) Florine's father
6. What kind of cap does Hoke wear when he is driving Daisy?
(a) This is a trick question -- he doesn't wear a hat.
(b) A snow hat.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A chauffeur's cap.
7. What event is Daisy going to celebrate when she goes on her long trip?
(a) Her inheritance.
(b) Her recovery from cancer.
(c) She's not going to celebrate a major event.
(d) Her uncle's ninetieth birthday.
8. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
(a) When he was driving Daisy.
(b) When he fled slavery.
(c) When he got married.
(d) When he bought his first car.
9. How does Hoke report he is feeling during Daisy's disorientation?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He finds it very funny.
(c) He says that he isn't paid enough to do this kind of work.
(d) He is worried.
10. Where is Jeanette Harris from?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Canton, Ohio.
(d) Savannah, Georgia.
11. In what year does the play begin?
(c) The reader never finds out.
12. When Hoke gets too old to drive, who drives him?
(a) His own chauffeur.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) His granddaughter.
(d) His daughter.
13. Who is Jeanette Harris?
(a) Daisy's secret name.
(b) Boolie's daughter (now married).
(c) Boolie's wife.
(d) Sinclair Harris's wife.
14. What does Daisy think of the holiday lights Florine always puts up?
(a) That they are too little.
(b) That they are nice but a little too bright.
(c) That they are gorgeous.
(d) That they are tacky.
15. What does Florine send along with Daisy during her trip?
(a) A present.
(b) A secret letter.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A map.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hoke when the play ends?
2. Who does Daisy accuse of doing everything wrong when she is disoriented?
3. What did Daisy demolish in her car accident?
4. Who is Boolie's mother?
5. Who does Hoke buy his own car from?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)