|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daisy assume Hoke knows Martin Luther King?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Because he's Black.
(c) Because he greatly admires him.
(d) Because he knows everyone in town.
2. How long has Daisy known Idella?
(a) Since 1958.
(b) For only a few months.
(c) Since she was born.
(d) Since her son was in eighth grade.
3. What was Harold Stone?
(a) Hoke's former employer.
(b) Hoke's son who passed away.
(c) Hoke's neighbor.
(d) Boolie's father.
4. What kind of car does Daisy crash?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Corvette.
(c) A Chevy.
(d) A Packard.
5. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
(a) When he got married.
(b) When he was driving Daisy.
(c) When he fled slavery.
(d) When he bought his first car.
6. What year did Daisy first go to Mobile?
7. In what city does most of Driving Miss Daisy take place?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Kissimmee, Florida.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
8. What is Daisy's last name?
9. What kind of piece is Driving Miss Daisy?
(a) A play.
(b) An opera.
(c) A dance production.
(d) A musical.
10. What church does Martin Luther King preach at?
(a) Atlanta Baptist.
(b) Ebeneezer Baptist Church.
(c) Southern Biloxi Methodist.
(d) He isn't allowed to preach anywhere in the city.
11. Why doesn't Boolie want to go to the banquet?
(a) Because he can't afford it.
(b) Because doing so may harm his business.
(c) Because he already has plans.
(d) Because he is sick.
12. What is Daisy afraid of when she is disoriented?
(b) Not being able to hail a taxi.
(c) Not having her medical bag.
(d) Being trouble to someone.
13. In what year does the play begin?
(d) The reader never finds out.
14. Who does Hoke call when Daisy first becomes disoriented?
(d) His wife.
15. What aid does Daisy need in the final scene?
(b) A hearing aid.
(c) A walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoke tell Daisy might happen if she doesn't snap out of it when she is disoriented?
2. How old is Boolie when the play begins?
3. What shape is Boolie's award?
4. How much money is Daisy's accident going to cost the insurance company?
5. What "loss" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)