|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Boolie feel about his mother going to the banquet?
(a) He's afraid she'll get drunk -- again.
(b) He doesn't want her to go.
(c) He's afraid she'll be out too late.
(d) He's glad someone can use the tickets.
2. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) That Hoke had just talked to him the day before.
(c) That Hoke knew him personally.
(d) That the man is covered in flies.
3. In what year did Driving Miss Daisy win the Pulitzer Prize?
4. How fast does Daisy like to go in her car?
(a) Exactly the speed limit.
(b) Exactly two miles above the speed limit so she doesn't get a ticket.
(c) Below the speed limit.
(d) Above the speed limit.
5. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
6. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
(a) She thinks she is living in New York City.
(b) She thinks she is a teacher again.
(c) She thinks someone is trying to kill her.
(d) She thinks she is a doctor again.
7. What item do Hoke and Daisy eat in the car during their long trip?
(a) Stuffed eggs.
(b) Iced tea.
(d) Apple pie.
8. How long has Daisy known Idella?
(a) Since 1958.
(b) Since her son was in eighth grade.
(c) For only a few months.
(d) Since she was born.
9. In what city is Daisy going to when she has Hoke drive her for her long trip?
10. What is the name of Hoke's childhood friend whose father was lynched?
11. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
(a) Until the house deal goes through.
(b) Until Daisy dies.
(c) The rest of his life.
(d) Until they can spend all of her money.
12. Where is one of Hoke's family members a professor?
(a) Moorehouse College.
(b) Georgia State University.
(c) Florida State University.
(d) Spelman College.
13. What does Hoke end up doing the first week he works for Daisy?
(a) Fixing her old beat-up car.
(b) Driving her on ridiculous errands.
(c) Sitting in the kitchen, doing nothing.
(d) Talking on his cell phone all day.
14. Who ends up heading over to help when Daisy is disoriented?
(a) A neighbor.
15. Where is the banquet held?
(a) The State House.
(b) The Biltmore.
(c) Harris' Ranch.
(d) Downtown New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actually caused Daisy's car accident?
2. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
3. After speaking to Jeanette Harris, how much of a raise does Hoke get from Boolie?
4. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
5. On what significant day does Daisy put flowers on Leo Bauer's grave?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)