|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Boolie's mother?
(a) The reader never finds out.
(d) Boolie is an orphan.
2. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
(c) Her rabbi.
3. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
(a) She thinks she is a teacher again.
(b) She thinks someone is trying to kill her.
(c) She thinks she is a doctor again.
(d) She thinks she is living in New York City.
4. How long does Boolie pay Hoke for?
(a) Until the house deal goes through.
(b) Until Daisy dies.
(c) The rest of his life.
(d) Until they can spend all of her money.
5. How long does Boolie allow Hoke to live in Daisy's home.
(a) For as many years as he's worked for the family.
(b) Six months.
(c) He doesn't allow him to do this.
(d) Until he passes away.
6. In what city does most of Driving Miss Daisy take place?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Kissimmee, Florida.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
7. Who is Old Man Freitag?
(a) Florine's father
(b) Florine's grandfather.
(c) Florine's neighbor.
(d) Florine's dog.
8. How is the situation with the missing can of salmon resolved?
(a) Hoke must replace it with two cans of salmon.
(b) Daisy decides not to confront Hoke so there's never a resolution.
(c) Hoke brings a replacement can to Daisy.
(d) The cost of the salmon is deducted from Hoke's paycheck.
9. Why doesn't Daisy want to park her car in the sun?
(a) Because it fades the upholstery.
(b) Because the car will get hot.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Because she doesn't want a sunburn.
10. Why does Daisy think Hoke enjoys Christmas at Boolie and Florine's?
(a) Because he's the only Christian in attendance.
(b) Because he's never had Christmas before.
(c) Because he is greedy and hungry all the time.
(d) Because he doesn't have his own family.
11. How fast does Daisy like to go in her car?
(a) Below the speed limit.
(b) Above the speed limit.
(c) Exactly the speed limit.
(d) Exactly two miles above the speed limit so she doesn't get a ticket.
12. Why does Daisy tell Hoke to eat anything out of the icebox during the ice storm?
(a) Because she's going on a diet.
(b) Because she finally starts to treat him like a friend.
(c) Because she hates all the groceries he bought her.
(d) Because it will rot now that the power is out.
13. What does Daisy give Hoke as a Christmas present?
(a) A new tie.
(b) A handwriting book.
(c) A new pair of keys for the car.
(d) A picture of the two of them.
14. Who does Boolie suggest Daisy take with her to the banquet instead?
15. How long has Daisy not been in the house when it is sold?
(a) One month.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) An hour or so.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
2. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
3. What does Daisy think Hoke witnessing the lynching has to do with her temple being bombed?
4. What about Boolie's secretary does Daisy think is a shame?
5. Why does Boolie trade in Daisy's car?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)