|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Daisy work?
(a) Nowhere; she never had a job.
(b) The Wainwright mansion.
(c) Crew Street School.
(d) County General Hospital.
2. Who is Jeanette Harris?
(a) Sinclair Harris's wife.
(b) Boolie's wife.
(c) Boolie's daughter (now married).
(d) Daisy's secret name.
3. Who is Sinclair Harris?
(a) Daisy's grandson from another marriage.
(b) Boolie's cousin.
(c) Hoke's son.
(d) Daisy's neighbor.
4. What is Daisy looking for when she becomes disoriented?
(a) Her map of the New York subway.
(b) Her medical books.
(c) Her handgun.
(d) Her students' papers.
5. Who does Boolie suggest Daisy take with her to the banquet instead?
6. How often does Daisy visit the cemetery?
(a) Every day.
(b) Several times a month.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Once a month.
7. When Daisy finally ends up touching Hoke, what does she touch?
(a) His arm muscles.
(b) His face.
(c) His hands.
(d) His lips.
8. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(a) Exactly 100.
9. What food item does Hoke feed Daisy in the final scene?
10. What is Daisy's last name?
11. How does Boolie feel about his mother going to the banquet?
(a) He's glad someone can use the tickets.
(b) He doesn't want her to go.
(c) He's afraid she'll be out too late.
(d) He's afraid she'll get drunk -- again.
12. Which family member of Hoke's is a college professor?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
13. Before the accident, what kind of car did Daisy wish she were still driving?
(a) Her Cadillac.
(b) Her Chevy.
(c) Her La Salle.
(d) Her Oldsmobile.
14. How is the situation with the missing can of salmon resolved?
(a) Hoke brings a replacement can to Daisy.
(b) Hoke must replace it with two cans of salmon.
(c) Daisy decides not to confront Hoke so there's never a resolution.
(d) The cost of the salmon is deducted from Hoke's paycheck.
15. When was the first time Hoke ever left Georgia?
(a) When he fled slavery.
(b) When he bought his first car.
(c) When he got married.
(d) When he was driving Daisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harold Stone do for a job?
2. What is the motto of Boolie's business?
3. To whom is Hoke's daughter married?
4. What sign causes Daisy such alarm during her long trip with Hoke?
5. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)