|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first place Daisy allows Hoke to take her?
(a) The department store.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The Piggly Wiggly.
(d) The bank.
2. Who saved up money for Daisy to go to school?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her sisters.
3. How does Idella die?
(a) Being driven home by Hoke.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) This is a trick question -- she doesn't die in the play.
4. In what year was Driving Miss Daisy originally performed?
5. When she begins to snap out of being disoriented, who does Daisy say is her best friend?
(a) Her rabbi.
6. What sign causes Daisy such alarm during her long trip with Hoke?
(a) Chicago - 200 miles.
(b) Mobile - 45 miles.
(c) Phenix City - 30 miles.
(d) Paris - 2 miles.
7. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
(a) His gaining of a family.
(b) His gaining of the family inheritance.
(c) His gain of responsibility.
(d) His weight gain.
8. Where did Daisy work?
(a) The Wainwright mansion.
(b) Crew Street School.
(c) County General Hospital.
(d) Nowhere; she never had a job.
9. What does Daisy think she's doing when she becomes disoriented?
(a) She thinks she is a doctor again.
(b) She thinks she is a teacher again.
(c) She thinks she is living in New York City.
(d) She thinks someone is trying to kill her.
10. How old is Hoke when the play ends?
11. For what event did Daisy first go to Mobile?
(a) She's never been to Mobile.
(b) Her daddy's funeral.
(c) Walter's wedding.
(d) Her own wedding.
12. How does Boolie feel about his mother going to the banquet?
(a) He's afraid she'll get drunk -- again.
(b) He's afraid she'll be out too late.
(c) He's glad someone can use the tickets.
(d) He doesn't want her to go.
13. Why does Daisy claim not to like air conditioning in the car?
(a) It's bad for the environment.
(b) It gives her a neckache.
(c) It gives her a headache.
(d) It costs too much money to run.
14. Who does Daisy blame her car accident on?
(b) The car.
(c) Her nosy neighbor.
15. In what city does most of Driving Miss Daisy take place?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Kissimmee, Florida.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What undergarment is accidentally showing during Daisy's disorientation?
2. What "loss" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
3. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
4. Who does Hoke buy his own car from?
5. How much money is Daisy's accident going to cost the insurance company?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)