|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diasy suspect Idella has done a few times?
(a) Sneak men into the house.
(b) Steal a pair of earrings.
(c) Make long-distance phone calls.
(d) Throw silver forks in the garbage.
2. Before the accident, what kind of car did Daisy wish she were still driving?
(a) Her Oldsmobile.
(b) Her Chevy.
(c) Her La Salle.
(d) Her Cadillac.
3. How much money is Daisy's accident going to cost the insurance company?
4. What was Daisy's job before she retired?
(a) She never had a job.
5. What is the name of the banquet that Daisy buys tickets to?
(a) Boolie's office banquet; he makes her buy her own tickets.
(b) The UJA banquet.
(c) The annual Kissimmee Banquet for Seniors.
(d) The McClatchey Annual Holiday Banquet.
6. To whom is Hoke's daughter married?
(a) A shoe salesman.
(b) A car salesman.
(c) The mailman.
(d) A Pullman porter.
7. What does Hoke's family member, who is a college professor, teach?
8. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
(a) Safety goggles because there is so much junk.
(b) Very thin reading glasses.
(c) Very thick ones because of his age.
(d) No glasses at all.
9. What item does Boolie call and ask Daisy to bring over for Christmas dessert?
(a) Whipped cream.
(b) Lemon curd.
(c) Shredded coconut.
(d) Chocolate chips.
10. What is the first nice thing Boolie hears Daisy say about Hoke?
(a) That he's handsome.
(b) She never says anything nice about him.
(c) That he's a good driver.
(d) That he's handy.
11. What is Boolie preoccupied with when Hoke first meets him?
(a) A phone call.
(b) The assembly line.
(d) A screaming baby.
12. Who does Hoke buy his own car from?
(a) Mr. Red Mitchell.
(b) The town preacher.
(c) His own mother.
13. How has Daisy done her hair during the time she is disoriented?
(a) She hasn't done it at all.
(b) She's done it -- but very, very oddly.
(c) She has styled it very formally.
(d) She gave herself a very bad haircut.
14. How old is Daisy when the play ends?
(b) Exactly 100.
15. What is the name of the award that Boolie wins?
(a) Man of the Year.
(b) Salesman of the Decade.
(c) Employee of the Month.
(d) Manager of the Week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daisy assume Hoke knows Martin Luther King?
2. What was Harold Stone?
3. To whom is Daisy married to when the play begins?
4. How does Hoke get to visit Daisy once she no longer lives at home?
5. Where does Daisy tell Hoke to pick her up from temple the first time?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)