|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Daisy when the play begins?
2. What kind of glasses does Hoke wear when he arrives to clean out Daisy's house?
(a) Safety goggles because there is so much junk.
(b) No glasses at all.
(c) Very thick ones because of his age.
(d) Very thin reading glasses.
3. What is Daisy looking for when she becomes disoriented?
(a) Her students' papers.
(b) Her medical books.
(c) Her handgun.
(d) Her map of the New York subway.
4. What feels funny to Boolie about selling his mother's house?
(a) That they had to pull her out of it kicking and screaming.
(b) That she is still alive when they do it.
(c) That she died so suddenly in it.
(d) That it is haunted with old family members.
5. What year did Daisy first go to Mobile?
6. What is the most that Daisy thinks Hoke should be paid for his chauffeur job?
(a) One dollar a week.
(b) Fifty dollars a week.
(c) Seven dollars a week.
(d) No money at all.
7. What does Florine send along with Daisy during her trip?
(a) A present.
(b) A secret letter.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A map.
8. What might happen if Boolie goes to the banquet?
(a) He will miss an important date with his wife.
(b) People will stop coming to his company for services.
(c) He will have to declare bankruptcy.
(d) He might get sicker.
9. How many children does Boolie have?
10. In what year was Driving Miss Daisy originally performed?
11. What church does Martin Luther King preach at?
(a) Ebeneezer Baptist Church.
(b) He isn't allowed to preach anywhere in the city.
(c) Atlanta Baptist.
(d) Southern Biloxi Methodist.
12. How did Hoke react to the lunching he witnesses?
(a) He gets very, very angry.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He faints.
(d) He runs away.
13. Why does Boolie call to check on Daisy during the ice storm?
(a) Because it will be weeks until anyone can get her out.
(b) Because she has no food.
(c) Because she is afraid of the dark.
(d) Because the power is out.
14. How old was Daisy's cousin Tillie when she married?
15. Before the accident, what kind of car did Daisy wish she were still driving?
(a) Her Oldsmobile.
(b) Her Chevy.
(c) Her Cadillac.
(d) Her La Salle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "gain" does Boolie talk about during the acceptance speech he gives when he wins his award?
2. Why does Daisy tell Hoke to eat anything out of the icebox during the ice storm?
3. On what significant day does Daisy put flowers on Leo Bauer's grave?
4. What is particularly disturbing about the lynching that Hoke witnesses?
5. How did Daisy get to Mobile the first time she went?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)