|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mac’s parents have to take away before he started behaving?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Willit like Nickie?
3. In Chapter 7, how many Guatemalans flee to Mexico?
4. When was it impossible for Morgan to be in the same room with his parents?
5. What types of muffins are served at Aunt Marion’s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though there are few consequences for stealing the sign, Morgan feels that he had a moral obligation to confess. What might be the legal consequences for stealing the sign? What consequences trouble Morgan the most? Why is he concerned about the emotional damage to his family? Why does Morgan feel that he is morally obligated to confess?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Fielding is a driver’s ed teacher who never teaches. What does Mr. Fielding do when he is supposed to be teaching students how to drive? How does Mr. Fielding feel about teaching? Why is he so disengaged from his students and teaching?
Essay Topic 3
The death of Mrs. Thompson affects characters in various ways.
a. How does the accident affect Morgan and Remy and change their lives?
b. Does the accident affect Nickie or change his life in any way?
c. How are minor characters affected by the accident?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)