• It is driver’s ed class and Remy is praying that she will get to drive that day.
• Her classmate, Christine, is hoping and praying that she won’t have to drive.
• Mr. Fielding, their teacher, calls the names of the three students who will drive that day.
• Christine’s name is called, but she gives her name tag to Lark, a girl who is happy to drive.
• Mr. Fielding has no clue when his students exchange name tags, because he hasn’t bothered to learn their names.
• The students in the class who are not chosen to drive that day are left in a room off the library.
• Mrs. Bee, the librarian, is supposed to supervise them, but since she doesn’t get extra pay for the job, she lets the kids do whatever they want.
• Remy drives first.
• As usual, Mr. Fielding listens to his...
This section contains 3,740 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)