|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Oddball bring for the mourners at Big Foot's house?
2. In Chapter 2, what type of tree does Janina remember that Big Foot walked around and urinated?
3. How many zlotys did the Commandant have on him when he died?
4. Who helps Janina get her stove going again in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 6, what is the first word that Janina and Dizzy argue about translating?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what information does Oddball share about Big Foot's death?
2. What information does Janina provide about Oddball in Chapter 2?
3. Where does a fox lead Janina in Chapter 7?
4. What makes Dizzy go to the Pass, and what does he find?
5. How does Janina remember trying to care for Big Foot's dog?
6. In Chapter 6, what does Janina think she might do next winter?
7. At the end of Chapter 7, what does Janina dream?
8. What information is learned about the Commandant and his death in Chapter 6?
9. In Chapter 5, how does Janina describe her ailments?
10. Where do Oddball and Janina have to go to call the police in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Janina does not agree with Father Rustle’s views. What do they disagree on? How does their disagreement relate to the theme of hunting and protection of animals?
Essay Topic 2
Janina first sees Boros in the forest. How would you describe the relationship between Janina and Boros? What does their relationship reveal about their traits and goals?
Essay Topic 3
Who is the protagonist and who is the antagonist and why? Is there more than one protagonist or antagonist?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)