|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William's relationship with alcohol?
2. What is Julian's profession?
3. How are drinking and anorexia the same for Knapp?
4. What does Julian ask Knapp to change?
5. How does Knapp's friend Janet realize that she is an alcoholic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knapp think when she arrives at the AA meeting?
2. What does Knapp do when she leaves the AA meeting?
3. Describe the conversation Knapp has with her therapist after Julian throws her out.
4. How do drinking and anorexia make Knapp feel?
5. What happened when Knapp began to lose weight?
6. What happened when Knapp took the quiz administered by the Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence?
7. What does Knapp remember of the last months of her father's life?
8. What happened when David came to visit Knapp after college?
9. How does Knapp's mother's death affect Knapp's relationship with Michael?
10. What is Knapp's friend Janet's experience with alcohol and eating like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Knapp's true internal feelings? When do we see them? When they explode? In what behavior? When does she let real her feelings show?
Essay Topic 2
How does Knapp's relationship with her work change as her drinking changes? What does her writing have to do with her drinking? Does drinking threaten her writing? Does writing threaten her drinking?
Essay Topic 3
How does Knapp's relationship with drinking change over time throughout the course of the book? Be specific in citing examples.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)