|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knapp remember of her father's last months?
2. What is Julian's profession?
3. How does Knapp justify her drinking?
4. How does Knapp feel at rehab?
5. What do members of AA offer each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knapp think when she arrives at the AA meeting?
2. What does Knapp say life is like for drinkers who quit?
3. What happens when Knapp gets pregnant?
4. What happened the last time Julian attempted to kick Knapp out?
5. How does Knapp say drinking skews a person's views?
6. What does Knapp remember of the last months of her father's life?
7. How does Knapp see herself as similar to Tess?
8. What was it like for Knapp after she got out of rehab?
9. How does Knapp's mother's death affect Knapp's relationship with Michael?
10. What happened when Knapp began to lose weight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does drinking affect Knapp's body and her sense of her body? Specifically, how does her relationship with her appearance and her weight reflect her drinking? How does her relationship with food and her body change when she quits drinking? How does that change take place?
Essay Topic 2
How do Knapp's attempts to hide her drinking from herself and from others change over the course of the book? What strategies does she use, and how do her strategies change?
Essay Topic 3
How is Knapp's relationship with sex related to her relationship with alcohol? How does her relationship with sex change over the course of the book?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)