|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knapp remember of her father's last months?
2. What is Julian's profession?
3. How does Knapp justify her drinking?
4. How does Knapp feel at rehab?
5. What do members of AA offer each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knapp think when she arrives at the AA meeting?
2. What does Knapp say life is like for drinkers who quit?
3. What happens when Knapp gets pregnant?
4. What happened the last time Julian attempted to kick Knapp out?
5. How does Knapp say drinking skews a person's views?
6. What does Knapp remember of the last months of her father's life?
7. How does Knapp see herself as similar to Tess?
8. What was it like for Knapp after she got out of rehab?
9. How does Knapp's mother's death affect Knapp's relationship with Michael?
10. What happened when Knapp began to lose weight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Knapp's refusal to get help change over the course of her drinking? Who tells her she needs help, and what finally convinces her that she does?
Essay Topic 2
The book concludes with a moment of truth in which Knapp realizes that she can't keep drinking. What leads her to this realization? Was it a real revelation, or was it something that she was led to over time?
Essay Topic 3
How does drinking affect Knapp's body and her sense of her body? Specifically, how does her relationship with her appearance and her weight reflect her drinking? How does her relationship with food and her body change when she quits drinking? How does that change take place?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)