|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What results does Knapp list at the beginning of Chapter 8?
2. What does Knapp's father confess to her while he is dying?
3. How does Tess handle her physical situation?
4. What do Julian and Knapp do together as they get to know each other?
5. What do the test results in Chapter 8 indicate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julian and describe how he makes Knapp feel.
2. What happened when Knapp began to lose weight?
3. How does Knapp say drinking skews a person's views?
4. How does Knapp describe alcohol's effect on the body?
5. What happens when Knapp gets pregnant?
6. How does Knapp feel on the occasion of her sister's wedding?
7. How do drinking and anorexia make Knapp feel?
8. How does Knapp spend her time in rehab?
9. What happened when David came to visit Knapp after college?
10. What is the story that Knapp tells about Tess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Knapp's relationship with her work change as her drinking changes? What does her writing have to do with her drinking? Does drinking threaten her writing? Does writing threaten her drinking?
Essay Topic 2
What are Knapp's true internal feelings? When do we see them? When they explode? In what behavior? When does she let real her feelings show?
Essay Topic 3
How is Knapp's relationship with sex related to her relationship with alcohol? How does her relationship with sex change over the course of the book?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)