|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did alcohol affect Knapp?
2. How would Knapp make it through an evening with her boyfriend?
3. What was Knapp's relationship with alcohol like?
4. What would Knapp do when she escaped from her apartment?
5. When Knapp met her friend for drinks, how did Knapp feel after the drinks had kicked in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Knapp's relationship with Roger.
2. What does Knapp think began her addictions?
3. How does Knapp strategize to hide her drinking at the end?
4. How does alcohol affect Knapp's relationship with David?
5. How does Knapp get through dinner with Michael's parents?
6. What would happen when Knapp would wake at night when she was drinking?
7. What does Knapp realize after AA and years of therapy?
8. What is Knapp's friend Abby's drinking driven by?
9. How does Knapp's friend Elaine inadvertently help Knapp keep drinking?
10. What does Knapp realize during the last six months of her drinking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the theme of Knapp's split personality--or compartmentalized personality--develop throughout the book? Use specific examples from the chapters. Is she one person? Is she more than one person? What do each of the people inside of her want? Does she seem pathologically self-divided, or does her self-division seem natural?
Essay Topic 2
What is Knapp's relationship with her family like? Do they lead her to drinking? Do they lead her out of it? How does her relationship with her family change over time?
Essay Topic 3
How does Knapp distract herself from her drinking? Specifically, how does her storytelling help her deny her drinking?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)