|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knapp do in addition to ceasing to eat?
(a) She studies harder than ever.
(b) She calls everyone she knows and yells at them.
(c) She works out compulsively.
(d) She begins to use cocaine.
2. What does William think about Knapp?
(a) He sees himself as better off than she is.
(b) He tries desperately to save her from what he went through.
(c) He is ashamed of her.
(d) He is grateful that he is not a bad drinker like her.
3. How does Knapp's friend Abby realize that she is an alcoholic?
(a) She crashed her car.
(b) She is raped.
(c) She lost her job.
(d) Her husband left her.
4. What does Knapp expect of Julian when she meets him?
(a) He is going to make her a better person.
(b) He is going to make drinking fun again.
(c) He is going to force her to stop drinking.
(d) He is going to understand her completely.
5. How does Knapp express her feelings to Julian?
(a) She never tells him her feelings.
(b) She gets him to sit down with her every other week to go through any issues.
(c) She writes him long funny letters.
(d) She holds them in until they burst out when she's drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Knapp moves out of Julian's apartment does she meet Michael?
2. What does Knapp do when Julian throws her out?
3. What physical symptoms does Tess experience on her way home?
4. What was Janet's weight like during college?
5. What does Knapp's therapist recommend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Knapp began to lose weight?
2. How does Knapp say drinking skews a person's views?
3. What was Knapp's relationship with William like?
4. What does Knapp remember of the last months of her father's life?
5. How does Knapp spend her time in rehab?
6. What does Knapp do when she leaves the AA meeting?
7. What was Julian's effect on Knapp's identity?
8. How does Knapp feel the first time she slept with Michael?
9. What is Knapp's friend Janet's experience with alcohol and eating like?
10. What was it like for Knapp after she got out of rehab?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)