|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Knapp feel after she and Michael sleep together for the first time?
(a) She is deliriously happy.
(b) She worries about whether she is being good enough for Michael.
(c) She obsesses over whether she should be home waiting for Julian's call.
(d) She can't stop thinking about how they made love.
2. How does Tess handle her physical situation?
(a) She gets alcohol and goes home.
(b) She goes to the emergency room.
(c) She drives off the road and is taken to the hospital.
(d) She goes to her boyfriend's house.
3. How do the percentages look for someone who has become an alcoholic?
(a) Not in favor of recovery.
(b) Fifty-fifty that they will not be tormented by drink again.
(c) Almost all alcoholics remain alcoholics.
(d) Their chances of recovery are fairly good.
4. How does Knapp's friend Janet realize that she is an alcoholic?
(a) Her husband left her.
(b) She lost all her money.
(c) She started prostituting herself.
(d) She had to be hospitalized.
5. What results does Knapp list at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The pregnancy test she took.
(b) The quiz she took on alcoholism.
(c) Her graduate school entrance exams.
(d) Her liver and lung tests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does drinking affect the brain?
2. How does Julian treat Knapp after they move in together?
3. What precipitated Knapp's last spiral of things getting worse?
4. How long after Knapp moves out of Julian's apartment does she meet Michael?
5. What does Knapp tell herself when she leaves the AA meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knapp think when she arrives at the AA meeting?
2. What is the story that Knapp tells about Tess?
3. What was it like for Knapp after she got out of rehab?
4. How does Knapp describe alcohol's effect on the body?
5. How do drinking and anorexia make Knapp feel?
6. What does Knapp do when she leaves the AA meeting?
7. What does Knapp say life is like for drinkers who quit?
8. How does Knapp see herself as similar to Tess?
9. How does Knapp say drinking skews a person's views?
10. How does Knapp feel the first time she slept with Michael?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)