|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Knapp and Julian celebrate their decision to move in together?
(a) With wine.
(b) With beer and burritos.
(c) With a banquet with their friends.
(d) By abstaining from drinking.
2. What do the test results in Chapter 8 indicate?
(a) That Knapp is not cut out for graduate school.
(b) That Knapp is not damaging herself with her drinking.
(c) That Knapp is in bad health.
(d) That Knapp is in the final stage of alcoholism.
3. How are drinking and anorexia the same for Knapp?
(a) They both make her feel fulfilled.
(b) They both show her her true worth.
(c) They both keep her from discovering her true feelings.
(d) They both helped her express herself.
4. What was Janet's weight like during college?
(a) She kept a steady weight compulsively.
(b) It was never high enough.
(c) She would never let herself get above a certain weight.
(d) It would balloon, then crash down.
5. What motivates Knapp to stay sober?
(a) Her shame about her behavior.
(b) Her promise to her sister.
(c) Her desire to keep Michael in her life.
(d) Her desire to know what it is to be alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Knapp say alcohol is seen in some circles?
2. Who is waiting for Knapp to check in at Beech Hill?
3. How did Knapp's alcoholism relate to her bulimia and anorexia?
4. What does Knapp expect of Julian when she meets him?
5. What precipitated Knapp's last spiral of things getting worse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Knapp's mother's death affect Knapp's relationship with Michael?
2. What does Knapp think when she arrives at the AA meeting?
3. How does Knapp feel the first time she slept with Michael?
4. Describe the conversation Knapp has with her therapist after Julian throws her out.
5. How does Knapp see herself as similar to Tess?
6. What happened when Knapp began to lose weight?
7. What happened the last time Julian attempted to kick Knapp out?
8. How does Knapp say drinking skews a person's views?
9. What was Knapp's relationship with William like?
10. How does Knapp spend her time in rehab?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)