|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Knapp see alcoholics?
(a) Only at the bars.
(b) In certain kinds of high-power positions.
(c) Everywhere in society.
(d) In certain kinds of low-paying jobs.
2. How old was Knapp when she first got drunk?
3. How would Knapp spend her time during the first year of living alone?
(a) She never had a free minute to herself.
(b) She spent a lot of time volunteering.
(c) She saw constantly visiting with friends.
(d) She would not have anything to do but drink.
4. What was Knapp like as a child?
(a) Painfully shy.
(b) Clumsy and disorganized.
(c) Outspoken and irreverent.
(d) Curious and playful.
5. Where did Knapp move after college?
(a) Worcester, MA.
(b) Portland, ME.
(c) Provincetown, MA.
(d) Providence, RI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significance did David have in Knapp's life?
2. What was Knapp's father's line of work?
3. How is Knapp's physical health?
4. Where does Knapp write her column?
5. What would Knapp do when she escaped from her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the event that got Knapp to quit drinking.
2. Describe Knapp's relationship with Roger.
3. How does Knapp's drinking change when she lives by herself?
4. How were Knapp's personal and professional lives different?
5. Describe Knapp's relationship with her father.
6. How does alcohol affect Knapp's relationship with David?
7. What would Knapp do when she met her friend Sam for drinks?
8. How does Knapp strategize to hide her drinking at the end?
9. What does Knapp realize during the last six months of her drinking?
10. What does Knapp realize after AA and years of therapy?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)