|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which friend of Knapp's had a schizophrenic brother?
(c) Alice K.
2. How would Knapp spend her time during the first year of living alone?
(a) She would not have anything to do but drink.
(b) She saw constantly visiting with friends.
(c) She never had a free minute to herself.
(d) She spent a lot of time volunteering.
3. What activity would appear on Knapp's list of things to do?
(a) Call her parents.
(b) Get help for drinking.
(c) Take writing workshops.
(d) Get a job.
4. What injury did Knapp actually cause in her accident?
(a) She hurt her knee.
(b) She broke her spine.
(c) She wrecked her car.
(d) She sliced her hand.
5. Why was Knapp always anxious around her father?
(a) She was afraid that he would beat her up.
(b) She was afraid that she was not pretty enough.
(c) She was afraid that she was not brave enough.
(d) She was afraid that she was not smart enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drunk was Knapp's friend Elaine?
2. When would Knapp drink?
3. Where does Knapp write her column?
4. What is the result of the gesture Knapp makes after the confrontation with her mother?
5. Who would Knapp meet for drinks after work when she was younger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen when Knapp would wake at night when she was drinking?
2. What is Knapp's mantra?
3. What does Knapp find surprising about alcoholics?
4. How would sex make Knapp's friend Meg feel?
5. How does Knapp's drinking change when she lives by herself?
6. What does Knapp tell her boss when she hobbles into work after dropping her friend's children?
7. Describe Knapp's relationship with alcohol.
8. What does Knapp say runs through her mind when she wakes up next to a stranger?
9. What relationship does Knapp have with her readers when she writes for the Boston Phoenix?
10. How would Knapp fill her days when she was living by herself?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)