|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alex think of alcohol when he found it?
(a) He thought it was the path to his true self.
(b) He thought it would make him bulletproof.
(c) He thought it was the fountain of youth.
(d) He thought it was divine.
2. What role did drinking play in Knapp's relationship with David?
(a) It covered over all their insecurities and fears.
(b) It was a threat they defended themselves against.
(c) It helped them reach intimacy.
(d) It helped them to be accepted by their families.
3. Which friend of Knapp's had raging alcoholism in the family?
4. When Knapp met her friend for drinks, how long would it take before the drinks kicked in?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
5. Knapp was always careful not to be alone with which of her friends' fathers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Knapp move after college?
2. What activity would appear on Knapp's list of things to do?
3. What significance did David have in Knapp's life?
4. How often would Knapp drink?
5. Where does Knapp write her column?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Knapp get through dinner with Michael's parents?
2. What was the emotional atmosphere of Knapp's childhood?
3. What does Knapp find surprising about alcoholics?
4. What does Knapp realize after AA and years of therapy?
5. What does Knapp say runs through her mind when she wakes up next to a stranger?
6. How does alcohol affect Knapp's relationship with David?
7. How does alcohol make Knapp feel while she is with her family?
8. Describe the yearning that drove Knapp to drink.
9. What is Knapp's friend Abby's drinking driven by?
10. How would sex make Knapp's friend Meg feel?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)