|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect did alcohol have on Alex?
(a) It turned him into an easy-going football fan.
(b) It turned him into a sexy dancer.
(c) It made his thoughts taste better inside his brain.
(d) It turned him into someone people liked.
2. What was Knapp like in her personal life?
(a) Miserable and vengeful.
(b) Out of control.
(c) Depressive and ineffective.
(d) Creative and thoughtful.
3. What did Knapp want from her drinking?
(a) She didn't know what she wanted.
(b) She wanted to know everything.
(c) She wanted to be invisible.
(d) She wanted to feel full inside.
4. What does Knapp say was the benefit of living by herself?
(a) Having her own washer and dryer.
(b) Not having to hide her drinking.
(c) Being able to leave her messes.
(d) Not having to wash dishes.
5. Who was Knapp's boyfriend at the time when her father died?
6. When would Knapp drink?
(a) When she felt angry.
(b) When she felt anxious or bored.
(c) When she was lonely.
(d) When she felt helpless.
7. Who is Alice K?
(a) Knapp's alter ego.
(b) Knapp's drinking companion.
(c) A woman Knapp meets in AA.
(d) Knapp's boss.
8. How does Knapp describe alcoholism?
(a) A destructive activity.
(b) A social activity.
(c) A solitary activity.
(d) An evasive activity.
9. How did Knapp experience her own personality?
(a) Chaotic and unstable.
(b) Patient and deliberate.
(c) Calm and thoughtful.
(d) Tightly controlled.
10. How did the people around Knapp see her?
(a) Insecure and hysterical.
(b) Tightly wound and controlling.
(c) Organized and sophisticated.
(d) Messy and disorganized.
11. What did Knapp learn from her father's drinking?
(a) After a couple of drinks, he would relax.
(b) After the first martini, he would get belligerent.
(c) When he drank, he got sloppy and irresponsible.
(d) After his first bottle of wine, he would become expansive and tell stories.
12. Where did Knapp move after college?
(a) Provincetown, MA.
(b) Worcester, MA.
(c) Providence, RI.
(d) Portland, ME.
13. What did Roger do for Knapp?
(a) Got her into rehab.
(b) Guided her through her major.
(c) Got her out of jail.
(d) Got her into school.
14. When was Knapp's longing strongest?
(a) When she wakes up every morning.
(b) She does not always know what she wants.
(c) She longs for what drinking gives her all the time.
(d) When she gets out of work.
15. What caused Knapp to finally give up drinking?
(a) She was imprisoned and dried out there.
(b) She tried to kill herself a number of times.
(c) She hit someone's car.
(d) She almost seriously injured two children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Knapp compulsively ask herself when she was drinking?
2. How did alcohol affect Knapp?
3. What kind of alcohol did Knapp keep in the house at the end of her drinking?
4. How old was Knapp when she had her first drink?
5. Liquor seemed to ease what emotions for Knapp?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)