|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Healing, (pg 257- 281).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Knapp find it hard to have dinner with her boyfriend's parents?
(a) They were poor and could not afford alcohol.
(b) They were not drinkers.
(c) They were snobbish about drinking expensive scotch.
(d) They knew alcoholism where they saw it.
2. What does Jack tell Knapp in Chapter 16, Healing?
(a) Her father was carrying on more than one affair.
(b) Her mother was carrying on her own affairs.
(c) Her father was not her real father.
(d) Her father knew he was an alcoholic.
3. How long after the move does Knapp see her therapist?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) The next day.
(d) A few months.
4. What does Knapp's memoir describe?
(a) The effect of her drinking on her relationships and emotions.
(b) The visions Knapp saw under the influence.
(c) The cost of the damage she caused by drinking.
(d) The grief Knapp felt over the things she lost because of alcohol.
5. What does Knapp's therapist recommend?
(b) Talking it out with Julian.
(c) Converting to Christianity.
(d) Going home.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Chapter 16, Healing, why does Knapp say she drank?
2. Where does Knapp write her column?
3. What chemical does the brain release under the influence of alcohol?
4. When Knapp met her friend for drinks, how long would it take before the drinks kicked in?
5. What do Knapp's readers appreciate about her column?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)