|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mernissi fear about going down the dark stairs at night in her childhood home?
(a) Fear of doorkeeper.
(b) Fear of rats.
(c) Fear of falling.
(d) Fear of demons.
2. What foreign language could Tamou speak fluently?
3. What does Mernissi say about the men's political discussions in "The Men's Salon"?
(a) They were highly emotionally charged.
(b) Most of the men were not interested in politics.
(c) They got mad and would sulk after discussions.
(d) They were polite.
4. How did Asmahan die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Airplane accident.
5. How many rows did the harem reserve for themselves at the movies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of attire did Yaya change according to her moods?
2. What rank did Lalla Thor have on Grandfather Tazi's farm?
3. What was shape of the house on Grandfather Tazi's farm where the harem lived?
4. In "The French Harem," what does Mernissi say she had to have permission to do?
5. What did Mernissi admire about Zin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yasmina's appearance.
2. Why did moonlight picnics make Mernissi's mother happy?
3. What was life like for Mernissi in the upstairs quarters of her home?
4. Describe Aunt Habiba's room.
5. How does Mernissi describe the Germans?
6. Describe the difference between the men and women's gardens on Grandfather Tazi's farm.
7. How did Samir usually get his way with adults?
8. Why did the women of the farm harem decide to wash the dishes in the river?
9. What did Fatima Mernissi do as a child while she waited for her mother to wake up each morning?
10. Why did Yasmina and the other co-wives admire Tamou?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)