|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book tells the story of Princess Budar?
(a) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(b) Tales of Arabian Knights.
(c) The Lives of Egyptian Feminists.
(d) A Thousand and One Nights.
2. What did Aunt Habiba tell Samir and Mernissi was the greatest gift that Allah had given them?
3. What was Marrakech also known as?
(a) The Land of giants.
(b) City of heat.
(c) Red-walled city.
(d) Land of legends.
4. When Mernissi went home from school to have lunch, what animal did she like to hug in the street?
5. What did Mernissi say was the cure for hem?
(c) Taking medicine.
(d) Beauty and quiet.
6. Who told Mernissi that if she wanted to be happy, she should get up early in the morning?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Grandfather Tazi.
7. Which young woman was the best at giving love glances?
8. Whose room was the forbidden terrace above?
(a) Aunt Habiba's.
9. When Mernissi wanted information about how to do the love glance from Malika, what did Malika want for payment?
10. Which woman of the harem was occasionally affected by hem?
(c) Mernissi's mother.
(d) Mernissi's grandmother.
11. What kind of meeting did Mernissi's father call for when he had to decide about Mernissi's education?
(a) Meeting with religious officials.
(b) Meeting with the principal.
(c) Family council meeting.
(d) Meeting with the school board.
12. Who did Mernissi go to for comfort at the end of the book after she realized that she and Samir would no longer be together as playmates?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Aunt Habiba.
13. What was the tradition that Mernissi's mother followed after her beauty treatments were finished?
(a) She would kiss her mother-in-law's hand.
(b) She would spend time with her children.
(c) She would walk around the courtyard singing.
(d) She would carefully put away all her beauty cosmetics.
14. What kind of bird did Chama and Mernissi's mother embroider on Chama's red silk qamis?
(b) Blue bird.
15. What kind of food did Aunt Habiba cure in the sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did Mina like to wear?
2. What did Zin borrow from his father for his costumes for Chama's plays?
3. Who did Chama receive a love letter from that Samir and Mernissi delivered to her?
4. What planet had to appear in the sky on a Friday evening in order to cast a love spell?
5. Why did Mernissi smuggle kohl from her mother's vanity table for Samir?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)