|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mernissi go to for comfort at the end of the book after she realized that she and Samir would no longer be together as playmates?
(b) Aunt Habiba.
(c) Her mother.
2. Who rescued Mernissi when she got stuck in the olive jars she had slid into?
3. In "Mina, the Rootless," who did Mernissi say she was having difficulties with during their conversations?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Aunt Habiba.
4. What color did Mina like to wear?
5. What activity was considered illegal that the women sometimes did on the terrace?
(a) Eating chocolates.
(b) Drinking coffee.
(c) Smoking cigarettes.
6. What was the Egyptian feminist Huda Sha'raoui known for?
(a) Salon parties.
(b) Street marches.
(c) Political campaigns.
(d) Fancy caftans.
7. Who was Sis Sussi?
(c) Rich uncle.
(d) Food vendor.
8. What color dress did Mernissi wear when she sang nationalist songs for her grandmother?
9. Who did Mernissi borrow charm books from?
10. What smell did Mernissi's father hate when his wife did her beauty treatments?
11. What terrible noise did Mernissi hear when she went to the forbidden terrace?
(a) Car crash.
(d) Blood rushing through her veins.
12. Whose room was the forbidden terrace above?
(c) Aunt Habiba's.
13. How many times did Mina dance during the year?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Every week.
(d) Whenever she felt like it.
14. What did Mernissi want to influence with her magic spells?
(a) Her flowering plants.
(b) Her grades and her sex appeal.
(c) The amount of time she had to read.
(d) The presents she received.
15. Which young woman was the best at giving love glances?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the children like to play hide-and-go-seek in?
2. What kind of food did Aunt Habiba cure in the sun?
3. What did Mernissi perform during Chama's play productions?
4. What book tells the story of Princess Budar?
5. Which woman of the harem was occasionally affected by hem?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)