|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mernissi describe Granfather Tazi's physical form?
(b) Medium build and slim.
(d) Tall and lanky.
2. What did the women's gardens consist of on Grandfather Tazi's farm?
(a) Well-kept trees and shrubs.
(b) Strange trees, bizarre plants, and animals of all kinds.
(c) Neat vegtable gardens.
(d) Lots of flowers.
3. What was Mernissi's father's favorite drink?
(a) Coconut milk.
(b) Chocolate milk.
(c) Milk shake with almonds and orange flower essence.
4. What year was Mernissi born?
5. What did Mernissi travel in when she went on a picnic ten kilometers from her home?
6. How did Asmahan die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Airplane accident.
7. What kind of clothing did Mernissi wear when she was young?
(a) Pants and shirt.
(b) Traditional dress.
(c) School uniforms.
(d) Western dress.
8. What were the streets of Medina like when Mernissi was growing up?
(a) Large and straight.
(c) Narrow, dark, and serpentine.
9. Why did Aunt Habiba have to live in Mernissi's father's household?
(a) She and her husband had lost her home during the war.
(b) Her husband was a relative.
(c) She was widowed.
(d) She was divorced.
10. Who was Scheherazade?
11. What color uniforms did the French soldiers wear when Mernissi was young?
12. What piece of attire did Yaya change according to her moods?
13. What did Mernissi's mother dream about in terms of her family life in "Moonlit Nights of Laughter"?
(a) Having more money than her mother-in-law.
(b) Living on the farm with her mother.
(c) Travelling around the world.
(d) Living alone with her husband and children.
14. What did Mernissi's mother dream about doing in "The French Harem"?
(a) Visiting her mother.
(b) Roaming freely in the streets.
(c) Having picnics.
(d) Writing stories.
15. How many communal tables were there at Mernissi's house in Fez?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zin and Jawad wear when they went to the movies?
2. What kind of transportation did Mernissi's father and uncle use when she was a young child?
3. What foreign language could Tamou speak fluently?
4. How many rows did the harem reserve for themselves at the movies?
5. What did Mernissi say she wanted to learn from Aunt Habiba?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)