|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who guarded the official means of access to the forbidden terrace?
(c) Uncle Mernissi.
(d) Aunt Habiba.
2. What cloth was the small veil, or litham, made of that the nationalists' wives wore?
(a) Heavy cotton.
(b) Sheer silk chiffon.
3. What did Mernissi want her father to have made for her when she sang nationalist songs for her grandmother?
(a) Small Moroccan flag.
(c) Fancy shoes.
4. What did Mernissi have to do every night as a child at sundown when the lights were turned on?
(a) Light candles.
(b) Kiss the grownups hands and say good evening.
(c) Serve tea.
(d) Make sure the lights were on in the stairwells.
5. What did Mernissi admire about Zin?
(a) His handsomeness and elegance.
(b) His happy expression.
(c) His silly poetry.
(d) His funny jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for Aunt Habiba to embroider her black velvet caftan?
2. What was the name of the French city described in "The French Harem"?
3. What did Yasmina want Mernissa to concentrate on instead of rules and barriers in "The Harem Within"?
4. What did Mernissi's mother pack for the picnic that her father said to forget about bringing?
5. In "Mina, the Rootless," who did Mernissi say she was having difficulties with during their conversations?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)