|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word was embroidered on Chama and Mernissi's mother's black velvet hats?
2. What did Grandfather Tazi have built for Tamou after she became one of his wives?
(b) Stable for her horse.
(c) Large statute depicting her family.
(d) Pavillion on top of Yasmina's house.
3. What kind of jewelry did Yasmina wear that Mernissi liked to play with?
(a) Opal ring.
(b) Diamond bracelet.
(c) Sapphire necklace.
(d) Strands of pink pearls.
4. What did Mernissi admire about her Aunt Habiba?
(a) Storytelling abilities.
(b) Luxurious apartment.
(c) Special treats.
5. Who landed at Casablanca Airport for the first time in November, 1942?
(a) Americans soldiers.
(b) English botanists.
(c) Irish immigrants.
(d) Swedish missionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mernissi travel in when she went on a picnic ten kilometers from her home?
2. Who was Leila Mourad?
3. What cloth was the small veil, or litham, made of that the nationalists' wives wore?
4. What was unusual about the bracelets Tamou wore the day she arrived at the farm?
5. What ailment does the Moroccan word "hem" refer to?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)