|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did the women of Tazi's farm go to the public baths?
(a) Once every two weeks.
(c) Three times a week.
(d) Every other day.
2. Why did Mernissi and her cousins leave money with Ahmed each week?
(a) To pay for chick peas.
(b) To buy Ice cream.
(c) So they would have taxi fare when they needed it.
(d) To buy books and supplies.
3. Who embroidered a big green bird with golden wings?
(c) Aunt Habiba.
4. What did Aunt Habiba encourage the women to believe in while she was telling stories?
(a) Family rituals.
(c) The importance of tradition.
(d) The power of dreams.
5. What did the teacher Lalla Tam say about having debts?
(a) Debts could be left to themselves.
(b) Debts were a nuisance.
(c) A good Muslim always paid her debts.
(d) Let others repay your debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird did Chama and Mernissi's mother embroider on Chama's red silk qamis?
2. What was Lalla Thor's personality like?
3. What did Zin borrow from his father for his costumes for Chama's plays?
4. What year did Mernissi's mother give up covering her face and wearing a veil?
5. What reason does Mernissi give for why fresh olives cannot be eaten?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)