|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mernissi admire about her Aunt Habiba?
(a) Special treats.
(b) Luxurious apartment.
(c) Storytelling abilities.
2. What did Mernissi say was the cure for hem?
(b) Taking medicine.
(c) Beauty and quiet.
3. Why did Mernissi's father make the harem's youth stay with him on his brother's farm during the summer holidays?
(a) To get together for dances.
(b) To relax and have fun.
(c) So they would not lose interest in the land.
(d) To study and read uninterrupted.
4. Who told Mernissi that she should never accept inequality because it was not logical?
(b) Her father.
(c) Grandfather Tazi.
(d) Her mother.
5. Who was Krisha?
(b) Driver of the harem farm women.
(c) Security guard.
(d) Man of authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zin borrow from his father for his costumes for Chama's plays?
2. How did Mernissi get hurt the first time she tried to escape the harem?
3. Why did Mina like to go to the forbidden terrace?
4. Who was Mina?
5. How many children did Ahmed have?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)