|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the children get treated with indulgence by the women of the harem?
(a) Because they knew that the children could tell the men what they were doing.
(b) They were so well behaved.
(c) They thought children should never be punished.
(d) Treating children well meant they would be rewarded by Allah.
2. Which woman of the harem was occasionally affected by hem?
(a) Mernissi's grandmother.
(b) Mernissi's mother.
3. What tree was Yaya happy to receive from the women of the harem?
4. What does the Morrocan word "Allemane" mean?
5. What did Samir and Malika plan to analyze when they went up to the forbidden terrace?
(a) How high they could climb before they got dizzy.
(b) The escape route from the house.
(c) Airplane patterns.
(d) The meaning of a harem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mernissi's mother do before going to the movies?
2. What did Mernissi's cousin tell her to do to calm down when she was on the forbidden terrace?
3. What kind of transportation did Mernissi's father and uncle use when she was a young child?
4. What did Mina think of terrace magic?
5. Who helped Tamou recover from her war experiences and the loss of her family?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)