|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mernissi say was the turning point in her relationship with her mother?
(a) When she learned about menstruation.
(b) When she turned eighteen.
(c) When she left the harem for good.
(d) When she was twenty-one.
2. What did Aunt Habiba tell Samir and Mernissi was the greatest gift that Allah had given them?
3. Who helped Tamou recover from her war experiences and the loss of her family?
(a) Grandfather Tazi.
(b) Aunt Habiba.
4. What did Mernissi fear about going down the dark stairs at night in her childhood home?
(a) Fear of doorkeeper.
(b) Fear of rats.
(c) Fear of demons.
(d) Fear of falling.
5. What planet had to appear in the sky on a Friday evening in order to cast a love spell?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yasmina want Mernissa to concentrate on instead of rules and barriers in "The Harem Within"?
2. What instrument did Uncle Karim play?
3. Who did Mernissi go with to the forbidden terrace on her first visit?
4. Who played the part of the Prince Hassan in the play about Asmahan?
5. What did Mernissi say were the two most pleasurable aspects of harem life that she wanted to take with her when she was an adult?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)