|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mina, the Rootless," who did Mernissi say she was having difficulties with during their conversations?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Aunt Habiba.
2. What color uniforms did the French soldiers wear when Mernissi was young?
3. Who was Sis Sussi?
(a) Food vendor.
(d) Rich uncle.
4. Who did Chama receive a love letter from that Samir and Mernissi delivered to her?
5. What did the women's gardens consist of on Grandfather Tazi's farm?
(a) Well-kept trees and shrubs.
(b) Lots of flowers.
(c) Strange trees, bizarre plants, and animals of all kinds.
(d) Neat vegtable gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Aunt Habiba have to live in Mernissi's father's household?
2. What smell did Mernissi's father hate when his wife did her beauty treatments?
3. How many communal tables were there at Mernissi's house in Fez?
4. Who owed a large sum of money to Sis Sussi?
5. As a child, who did Mernissi have to wait for in order to go into the courtyard in the morning?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)