|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What floor of Mernissi's family's house did Aunt Habiba live on?
2. What were the streets of Medina like when Mernissi was growing up?
(a) Narrow, dark, and serpentine.
(b) Large and straight.
3. What did Mernissi and her cousin sleep on when they stayed overnight with Aunt Habiba?
(a) Fold-out couch.
(b) King-sized bed.
(d) Bridal carpet.
4. What was the name of Yasmina's duck?
(d) King Farouk.
5. What does Mernissi say about the men's political discussions in "The Men's Salon"?
(a) They were highly emotionally charged.
(b) They got mad and would sulk after discussions.
(c) They were polite.
(d) Most of the men were not interested in politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zin and Jawad wear when they went to the movies?
2. Who is Fatima Mernissi?
3. What year did Mernissi's mother give up covering her face and wearing a veil?
4. What does the Morrocan word "Allemane" mean?
5. What was unusual about the bracelets Tamou wore the day she arrived at the farm?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)