|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Krisha?
(a) Security guard.
(b) Man of authority.
(d) Driver of the harem farm women.
2. What did Mernissi say she wanted to learn from Aunt Habiba?
(a) How to talk in the night.
(b) How to buy the best cuts of meat in the market.
(c) How to embroider.
(d) How to make dresses.
3. Who was in charge of finding music on the radio in the women's harem?
(b) Aunt Habiba.
(c) Fatima's mother.
4. What did Mernissi admire about her Aunt Habiba?
(a) Luxurious apartment.
(b) Special treats.
(d) Storytelling abilities.
5. How often did the women of Tazi's farm go to the public baths?
(b) Once every two weeks.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Three times a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Tamou arrive at Grandfather Tazi's farm?
2. What year did Mernissi's mother give up covering her face and wearing a veil?
3. What floor of Mernissi's family's house did Aunt Habiba live on?
4. What did Mernissi come to associate wearing caftans with during her childhood?
5. How does Mernissi describe Granfather Tazi's physical form?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)