|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What route did Mernissi take to secretly escape her house in Fez?
(a) Back door.
(d) Front gate late at night.
2. How does Mernissi describe the shape of her face as a young child?
(a) High cheekbones and a pointed chin.
(b) Thin and angular.
(d) Round like a moon.
3. What did Asmahan always wear around her neck?
(a) Pearl necklace.
(b) Black fedora.
(c) Diamond necklace.
4. What did Mernissi admire about Zin?
(a) His funny jokes.
(b) His silly poetry.
(c) His happy expression.
(d) His handsomeness and elegance.
5. Who helped Tamou recover from her war experiences and the loss of her family?
(a) Grandfather Tazi.
(d) Aunt Habiba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mernissi's mother dream about in terms of her family life in "Moonlit Nights of Laughter"?
2. What did Mernissi's mother like to do in order to eat dinner alone with her family?
3. What did Mernissi have trouble pronouncing when she was young?
4. What was shape of the house on Grandfather Tazi's farm where the harem lived?
5. What did Yaya give the wives of the harem in exchange for them doing her housework?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)