|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word was embroidered on Chama and Mernissi's mother's black velvet hats?
2. What did Mernissi's grandmother expect the children in the city harem to do when they visited her?
(a) Play loud games.
(b) Make sure their feet were not wet.
(c) Read stories to her.
3. What was the one thing that Mernissi's mother and Lalla Radia, Samir's mother, agreed upon?
(a) Their hatred of co-wives.
(b) Their friendship with their mother-in-law.
(c) Their belief in harems.
(d) Their love of singing.
4. Who said that skin was political?
(a) Lalla Rabia.
(c) Lalla Mani.
(d) Aunt Habiba.
5. Whose words are the last to be spoken in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Ahmed have?
2. Who had trouble sitting through a dance ritual and was shown to the door?
3. What kind of classes did Mernissi's mother want to take at the neighborhood school?
4. Who was Leila Mourad?
5. Why did Mernissi smuggle kohl from her mother's vanity table for Samir?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)