|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mernissi come to associate wearing caftans with during her childhood?
(a) Wearing to picnics.
(b) Dressing up for birthday parties.
(c) Everyday wear.
(d) Religious festivals.
2. What was Yaya's favorite color?
3. What did Yasmina like to do that caused Grandfather Tazi to think she was eccentric?
(a) Climbing trees and hanging on the branches.
(d) Staying up all night.
4. How does Mernissi describe Granfather Tazi's physical form?
(c) Medium build and slim.
(d) Tall and lanky.
5. What was Mernissi's father's favorite drink?
(b) Coconut milk.
(c) Chocolate milk.
(d) Milk shake with almonds and orange flower essence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mernissi's mother pack for the picnic that her father said to forget about bringing?
2. What did Mernissi have trouble pronouncing when she was young?
3. What did Yaya give the wives of the harem in exchange for them doing her housework?
4. What cloth was the small veil, or litham, made of that the nationalists' wives wore?
5. What kind of jewelry did Yasmina wear that Mernissi liked to play with?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)