|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did the women of Tazi's farm go to the public baths?
(a) Three times a week.
(b) Once every two weeks.
(c) Every other day.
2. Who told Mernissi that she should never accept inequality because it was not logical?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Grandfather Tazi.
(d) Her father.
3. What did Zin and Jawad wear when they went to the movies?
(a) Jeans and t-shirts.
(b) Khakis and polo shirts.
(c) Red bow ties.
4. What did Mernissi's mother say she wanted for her daughters when they were older?
(a) To know how to cook.
(b) Exciting, happy lives.
(c) To know how to play an instrument.
(d) To live in a happy harem.
5. How does Mernissi describe the harem she lived in in Fez?
(a) Like a storybook fantasy.
(b) Like a fortress.
(c) A comforting safe haven.
(d) A fun castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandfather Tazi have built for Tamou after she became one of his wives?
2. What did Mernissi's mother pack for the picnic that her father said to forget about bringing?
3. What did Mernissi's mother say to Mernissi when she tried to rebel against her?
4. Who was Samir?
5. Who was Asmahan?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)