|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 trhough 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take for Aunt Habiba to embroider her black velvet caftan?
(a) Six months.
(b) One day.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three years.
2. What was the official means of access to the forbidden terrace?
3. What was Marrakech also known as?
(a) Land of legends.
(b) The Land of giants.
(c) Red-walled city.
(d) City of heat.
4. What did Zin and Jawad wear when they went to the movies?
(a) Khakis and polo shirts.
(c) Jeans and t-shirts.
(d) Red bow ties.
5. What tree was Yaya happy to receive from the women of the harem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mernissi's grandmother expect the children in the city harem to do when they visited her?
2. What did Mernissi's mother like to do in order to eat dinner alone with her family?
3. What kind of herb did Mernissi say that Aunt Habiba added to olives?
4. What did Mernissi perform during Chama's play productions?
5. Who said happiness was inconceivable without terraces?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)