Chapters 1 through 6
1. Who is Fatima Mernissi?
2. What year was Mernissi born?
3. In what city was Mernissi born?
4. As a child, who did Mernissi have to wait for in order to go into the courtyard in the morning?
5. Who was Samir?
(b) Mernissi's uncle.
(c) Mernissi's cousin.
6. What did Mernissi's grandmother expect the children in the city harem to do when they visited her?
(a) Make sure their feet were not wet.
(c) Read stories to her.
(d) Play loud games.
7. What program did the women of the harem like to listen to on the radio?
(a) Soap Operas.
(b) Radio Cairo.
8. How does Mernissi describe the shape of her face as a young child?
(a) Round like a moon.
(b) Thin and angular.
(c) High cheekbones and a pointed chin.
9. Who was Scheherazade?
10. How does Mernissi describe "Hanan"?
(a) Spicy food.
(b) Political uprising.
(c) Educational program.
(d) Moroccan emotional quality.
This section contains 3,875 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)