|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman in the shapka?
(a) The narrator's sister.
(b) Charlotte's aunt.
(c) The narrator's mother.
(d) Charlotte's daughter.
2. What does the narrator do that he has not done before?
(a) Goes to the opera.
(c) Goes Hang gliding.
(d) Picks up a woman at a bar.
3. What causes Pashka to cry?
(a) Failing to solve an easy math problem in a contest.
(b) Cutting his hand.
(c) Being told he is stupid.
(d) Hearing the story about the young French boy.
4. Why must the narrator construct his stories three different ways?
(a) He does not create stories in different ways.
(b) To learn to be creative.
(c) To tell the stories in such a way as to not get in trouble.
(d) For his three different audiences.
5. To where does Pashka invite the narrator?
(a) To a French language seminar.
(b) To see his parrots.
(c) A math contest.
(d) Fishing expeditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrives from the Prefecture de Police?
2. Where does the narrator catch Charlotte's eye?
3. To what does the narrator become attracted?
4. What does Charlotte do after the young woman is killed?
5. How long does the narrator spend in France after leaving his grandmother for the last time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator not call or write Charlotte after he finds her and what does he do while waiting to see her?
2. How does the narrator imagine Charlotte in France and what does he do that he does not usually do when preparing for her visit?
3. How does the narrator feel about the women in the photo and how does he try to return to the comfort of his childhood?
4. What does Charlotte tell the narrator about death?
5. How did the narrator's book do and when does he remember something Charlotte told him when he saw his first coffin?
6. What does the narrator begin to learn in Chapter 12 in class to protect the fatherland and how does he feel about the process of learning this?
7. What does the narrator realize concerning his grandmother and France?
8. How does Pashka feel about the narrator's new popularity and what does Pashka do about it?
9. How does the narrator end up staying in a tomb for a while?
10. How does the narrator's encounter with the girl with russet-colored hair occur and how does it work out between them?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)