|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator feel that Charlotte temporarily gives him?
(a) A sense of belonging.
(b) A sense of purpose.
(c) The ability to feel eternal.
(d) The ability to lift his mood.
2. What does the narrator do that he has not done before?
(b) Goes Hang gliding.
(c) Picks up a woman at a bar.
(d) Goes to the opera.
3. Who comes home from boarding school?
(a) The narrator's sister.
(b) The narrator's neighbor's daughter.
(c) No one.
(d) The narrator's best friend's sister.
4. Where does the narrator seek shelter when it begins to rain?
(a) A family tomb.
(b) Under a large sycamore.
(c) Under an overpass.
(d) Under a rock ledge.
5. Of what does the narrator feel jealous?
(a) The ability of the best athlete at his school.
(b) The blonde-haired girl's boyfriend.
(c) His younger brother's talent.
(d) Tank soldiers who stand at attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young French boy want to do with his watch?
2. What does Mr. Bond encourage the narrator to do?
3. Why is the narrator not allowed to travel to the USSR?
4. Why does the narrator's mother go to the hospital?
5. Where was the young woman taken to live during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator realize concerning his grandmother and France?
2. Who is the only person in the narrator's class who treats him kindly?
3. What does the narrator do about three years after staying in the tombs and why was it difficult to do? How did he overcome the difficulty?
4. Why does the narrator not call or write Charlotte after he finds her and what does he do while waiting to see her?
5. What do the narrator and Pashka do on their fishing trips?
6. Who does the narrator notice while doing sequences and what does he notice about her?
7. How does the narrator imagine Charlotte in France and what does he do that he does not usually do when preparing for her visit?
8. What happens when the narrator's mother goes for some medical tests?
9. What does the narrator do upon returning from Russia?
10. How did the narrator's book do and when does he remember something Charlotte told him when he saw his first coffin?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)