|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of collection does the narrator recall unwrapping with his sister?
2. What type of dwellings does Albertine move into with each move?
(a) Smaller ones.
(b) Older ones.
(c) Larger ones.
(d) Newer ones.
3. For what do the narrator and his sister stand in line?
4. What does Charlotte do on the front lines?
(b) Drives an ambulance.
(c) Works as a nurse.
(d) Sews clothing for the soldiers.
5. Who is Norbert?
(a) The narrator's great-grandfather.
(b) The narrator's father.
(c) The narrator's uncle.
(d) The narrator's neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman does the narrator introduce at the opening?
2. To where do the narrator and his sister return?
3. What does Albertine suddenly do one day?
4. What is one of the narrator's grandmother's most prized possessions?
5. Why does Charlotte go to Russia during the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator break into his grandmother's Siberian Suitcase?
2. How does Sergei find another way for the family to flee and what does Charlotte realize as they do so?
3. What impresses the narrator about his maternal grandfather?
4. What happens after the death of Norbert?
5. What does the narrator spend a lot of time doing and what is one photograph that seems out of place?
6. Where does Albertine retreat?
7. What does Charlotte do during the war and how does she react to her work?
8. What is the narrator allowed to do when he is 14?
9. What is Charlotte's relationship to Gavrilych?
10. What is the other childhood memories of Charlotte's that has left an impact on the narrator?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)