1. What type of women does the narrator say are so alluring?
2. What characteristic about women does the narrator recall in his own life?
3. What woman does the narrator introduce at the opening?
His maternal grandmother.
4. Who does the narrator visit in Russian as a young boy?
His French grandmother.
5. What does the narrator spend much time doing?
Looking through old photo albums.
6. What is the scruffy woman with the baby wearing in a photo the narrator writes about?
A man's shapka.
7. What happens when the scruffy woman notices the young boy looking at her?
She refuses to answer any questions.
This section contains 4,884 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)