|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Albertine believe she will ultimately end up?
(b) The United States.
(c) The Gulag.
2. How does the narrator take it upon himself to continue his information-gathering about Russia and France?
(a) He records his grandmother's stories.
(b) He goes to the library.
(c) He interviews a French family who lives in Moscow.
(d) He breaks into his grandmother's suitcase.
3. What outrages the narrator concerning France and the Russian revolution?
(a) That the Russians copy French fashion instead of creating their own fashions.
(b) That the French believe Russians are inferior.
(c) That the French support the overthrow of Tsar Nicholas II.
(d) That the Russians believe the French are superior.
4. What do the adults do before discussing Charlotte's tales?
(a) Pass the vodka around.
(b) Put the children to bed.
(c) Ask Charlotte to tell them a story.
(d) Tell the children to go outside and play.
5. To what do conversations drift at dinner parties according to the narrator?
(d) The French revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gavrilych?
2. Why does Charlotte's father take off in his carriage?
3. Who is Charlotte?
4. Who does the narrator curse at a dinner party?
5. To what does the narrator admit when discussing his grandmother's descriptions of France?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)