|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14 & 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the scruffy woman notices the young boy looking at her?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She turns and runs out of the picture.
(c) She refuses to answer any questions.
(d) She lies down and sobs.
2. What news does the narrator receive from Saranza?
(a) He never hears from Saranza again in his life.
(b) Very little.
(c) Almost weekly letters.
(d) Continuous post cards.
3. What does the narrator now enjoy?
(a) Going to the church and sitting.
(b) Playing pool.
(c) Going to the library.
(d) Much freedom.
4. Where does the narrator see Pashka at the dance?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) Down by the lake.
(c) In the men's room.
(d) Up in a tree.
5. What does the narrator succeed in imagining?
(a) Living in France.
(b) Becoming a famous writer.
(c) The breasts of a homeless woman he once sees.
(d) Joining his sister in Leningrad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens a few months after Fyodor goes for reintegration?
2. What does Charlotte learn of Fyodor?
3. How many of Charlotte's tales does the narrator write about that have had a strong impact on him?
4. What does a young girl dismantle and reassemble?
5. What do the adults do before discussing Charlotte's tales?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)