|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy do when she observes the people's behavior?
(a) Slaps Tao.
(c) Stands on a box and exhorts the crowd to better behavior.
(d) Helps Yong to Yong's home.
2. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
(a) He is sentenced to death.
(b) He returns to get Pearl.
(c) He is sentenced to prison.
(d) He escapes to Hong Kong.
3. What does Joy want to create in the commune center?
(a) A mural.
(b) A place where people can gather and have fun.
(c) A support network.
(d) An art gallery.
4. Why does Joy boil the shoes Pearl sends her?
(a) To kill the mold on them.
(b) To stretch them.
(c) To shrink them.
(d) To extract the rice paste.
5. What does the brigade leader continue to expect?
(a) Propaganda classes in addition to the full day of hard labor.
(b) A full day's labor.
(c) Double production.
(d) Gourmet meals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
2. How are Pearl and Dun married?
3. Why does Pearl apply for paperwork to visit the Green Dragon Village?
4. With whom does Kumei have a disagreement?
5. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)