|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
(a) The four evils.
(b) The most fleeting Karma.
(c) The four blessings.
(d) The worst karmic debt.
2. What was Joy too weak to do?
(a) Hug her mother.
(b) Argue against bringing Tao.
(c) Tell her mother to get the other baby that was still alive.
3. Where is everyone when Z. G. and Pearl arrive at the Green Dragon?
(a) Gathered at a public criticism.
(b) Working in the rice paddies.
(c) Either dead or in their homes too weak to work.
(d) On the road to a larger commune.
4. What war has broken out?
(a) Near the border of Russia and Mongolia.
(b) In Taipai Province.
(c) Against the four evils.
(d) In Huayang Province.
5. How much rice is each peasant given per day?
(a) A quart.
(b) Two cups.
(c) One cup.
(d) One-half cup.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Pearl and Dun married?
2. After whom does Joy name her child?
3. What does Tao do that surprises Joy?
4. To what does Joy think the people are blind?
5. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crop is to be planted the following year and why is this a poor decision?
2. What war has broken out in the commune?
3. Why does Pearl apply for a travel visa?
4. What does Dun confess to Pearl, and what is her reaction?
5. What does Pearl find has arrived one day after returning from work?
6. Why does Pearl agree to leave the commune with Z. G.?
7. Why does Pearl work alongside Yong?
8. What does Pearl send Joy and what does Joy do with the articles?
9. Why does Tao's mother send Joy to the birthing house and what is the outcome?
10. What does the brigade leader say about Yong, and what does he make Yong do?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)