|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pearl apply for paperwork to visit the Green Dragon Village?
(a) To take Joy vitamins.
(b) To take Joy maternity clothes.
(c) Because Joy is pregnant.
(d) To try to get Joy to leave the commune.
2. What does Kumei admit to Joy?
(a) She's been sleeping with the brigade leader.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She's going to sneak away from the village.
(d) She is getting married to Tao's older brother.
3. What does Joy request of Tao in front of the commune?
(c) A divorce.
(d) His blessing on his baby.
4. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
(a) For ruining so much of it.
(b) For not going very fast.
(c) For not knowing how to cut the harvest.
(d) For tiring out quickly.
5. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
(a) The ones who lie the biggest and best.
(b) The ones who get busy and help the peasants with the harvest.
(c) The ones who have been executed for so-called treason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
2. Why is Pearl upset to hear that Joy is pregnant?
3. What does the brigade leader have Yong do?
4. How does Z. G. get Joy, Tao and Samantha to his car?
5. Who concocts a plan to get to the commune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tao's reaction to his new daughter and what does Joy decide about the child's name?
2. What does Joy say in a letter to Pearl, and what is Pearl's reaction?
3. What does Dun confess to Pearl, and what is her reaction?
4. What about the package from Joy confuses Pearl, and who understands the message?
5. About what does everyone worry on the commune and what does Tao's family do to try to fend off the anticipated problem?
6. What happens when the commune members are called to the canteen?
7. Why does Pearl agree to leave the commune with Z. G.?
8. What does Pearl send Joy and what does Joy do with the articles?
9. What contest does the Brigade leader announce and how does the contest contribute to the food shortage?
10. What does Pearl find has arrived one day after returning from work?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)