|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Z. G. and the others encounter on the way back to Shanghai?
(a) Many people walking towards Shanghai.
(c) The brigade leader trying to walk to Shanghai.
(d) Several roadblocks.
2. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
(a) Braid her hair.
(b) Help her bathe.
(c) Get ready to see Tao.
(d) Sleep late.
3. How is Joy's relationship with her in-laws proceeding?
(d) At an all-time low.
4. Why does Pearl apply for paperwork to visit the Green Dragon Village?
(a) To take Joy vitamins.
(b) Because Joy is pregnant.
(c) To take Joy maternity clothes.
(d) To try to get Joy to leave the commune.
5. What does Kumei admit to Joy?
(a) She's going to sneak away from the village.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is getting married to Tao's older brother.
(d) She's been sleeping with the brigade leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
2. With whom does Kumei have a disagreement?
3. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
4. What is Tao disgusted with Joy?
5. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that restores the closeness between Joy and Pearl?
2. Why does Pearl work alongside Yong?
3. How does Z. G. arrange for the group to get out of China?
4. What does Dun confess to Pearl, and what is her reaction?
5. What gives Joy hope as she boils her new shoes?
6. Why does Pearl apply for a travel visa?
7. What is Tao's reaction to his new daughter and what does Joy decide about the child's name?
8. What sort of horrors do Z.G. and Pearl see when they are driving to the village?
9. What crop is to be planted the following year and why is this a poor decision?
10. How does Z. G. decide to get Joy away from the commune?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)