|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy want to create in the commune center?
(a) An art gallery.
(b) A support network.
(c) A place where people can gather and have fun.
(d) A mural.
2. What do Z. G. and the others encounter on the way back to Shanghai?
(a) The brigade leader trying to walk to Shanghai.
(b) Many people walking towards Shanghai.
(d) Several roadblocks.
3. What is pinned to Yong's chest?
(a) A white star.
(b) A red sash.
(c) A white ribbon.
(d) A red star.
4. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
(a) Her mother is in grave danger.
(b) Her mother has not forgotten her.
(c) Her mother is well.
(d) Her mother is trying to escape back to America.
5. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
(a) Destroy Pearl's bedroom.
(b) Take everything of any value out of Pearl's bedroom.
(c) Give Pearl's bedroom to another woman.
(d) Searched her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Pearl do?
2. How is Joy's relationship with her in-laws proceeding?
3. What does the mandate involve?
4. What is Tao disgusted with Joy?
5. What does Pearl say about Tao?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)