|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is everyone when Z. G. and Pearl arrive at the Green Dragon?
(a) Working in the rice paddies.
(b) Either dead or in their homes too weak to work.
(c) On the road to a larger commune.
(d) Gathered at a public criticism.
2. What will Feng Tao supposedly do in Shanghai?
(a) Help Z. G. produce more posters.
(b) Have a showing at the Red Gallery.
(c) Attend an artist's school.
(d) Give a speech about the mural at the commune.
3. How many travel permits does Z. G. obtain?
4. Who concocts a plan to get to the commune?
(a) Auntie Hu.
(c) Z. G.
5. What work does Pearl do?
(a) Cleaning the canning pots.
(b) Cooking for the harvesters.
(c) Stoke the blast furnace.
(d) Grinding wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
2. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
3. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
4. After whom does Joy name her child?
5. What has likely happened to the messages Pearl has sent Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about the package from Joy confuses Pearl, and who understands the message?
2. What does Dun confess to Pearl, and what is her reaction?
3. What does the brigade leader say about Yong, and what does he make Yong do?
4. What does Joy say in a letter to Pearl, and what is Pearl's reaction?
5. Why does Pearl apply for a travel visa?
6. What happens that restores the closeness between Joy and Pearl?
7. What does Pearl send Joy and what does Joy do with the articles?
8. What sort of horrors do Z.G. and Pearl see when they are driving to the village?
9. What does Pearl find has arrived one day after returning from work?
10. Why does Pearl work alongside Yong?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)