|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(b) May's husband's aunt.
(c) Pearl's great aunt.
(d) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
2. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
(a) Golden Gate Park.
(b) Fisherman's Wharf.
(c) The streets of Chinatown.
(d) The Presidio.
3. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
(a) The Great Leap Forward.
(b) Leaping into the Future.
(c) The Hope of the Future.
(d) China First.
4. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Who does May think about finding in China?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her aunt and uncle.
(c) Her half sister.
(d) Z. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
2. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
3. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
4. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
5. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what do Pearl's housemates accuse her, and who seems to be supportive of her?
2. What happens when Joy calls her boyfriend Joe when she is wandering through Chinatown?
3. How is the commune set up for The Great Leap Forward?
4. What is the Great Leap Forward and what does China hope to accomplish with it?
5. What information does Pearl learn right after entering China that relieves her mind?
6. Describe Joy's trip to China.
7. What is Green Dragon Village?
8. Who is Joy attracted to in the Green Dragon Village and how do the two interact?
9. Why is Pearl called into a government office and what is she told?
10. How does Joy get into China?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)