|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If he can return with her to the United States.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she has a young man in the United States.
(d) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
2. How many siblings does Tao have?
3. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
(a) Finding her real father.
(b) Finding any of her half sisters.
(c) Joe's notion of moving to China with Joy.
(d) Going to college on the East Coast.
4. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(b) The goals of communist art.
(c) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
(d) Why he supported the revolution.
5. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
2. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
3. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
4. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
5. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pearl think about as she goes after Joy?
2. Who is Joy attracted to in the Green Dragon Village and how do the two interact?
3. What does Joy think about when listening to the propaganda about working hard?
4. Why is Pearl called into a government office and what is she told?
5. What does the Prologue recount?
6. What does Pearl find when she goes to her childhood home?
7. What does Pearl learn about the whereabouts of Z. G. and Joy?
8. Of what do Pearl's housemates accuse her, and who seems to be supportive of her?
9. What does Pearl finally tell May about Joy and Z. G.?
10. What is Green Dragon Village?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)