|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(b) Her first public criticism.
(c) A whipping.
(d) A hanging.
2. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) Z. G.
(b) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
(c) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
(d) The agent in immigration.
3. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
(a) By petitioning the government.
(b) By asking the neighbors for help.
(c) By finding all the receipts in the trunks in the attic.
(d) In pawn shops.
4. Who is in charge of seeing that Dandelion Number Eight reaches its goals?
(a) Brigade Leader Lai.
(b) Brigade Leader Suan.
(c) General Tse.
(d) Commune Leader Lese.
5. Who is Pearl's husband?
(c) She is not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Pearl walk?
2. Why does Joy go to China?
3. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
4. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
5. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gives a mediocre performance in acting out Joy's play, and how is she received?
2. Where are Joy and Z. G. going after leaving the Green Dragon Village and what does Z. G. say Joy will have the opportunity to do?
3. What does Pearl think about how she can get into China and who helps her?
4. What does Pearl finally tell May about Joy and Z. G.?
5. What do Z. G. and Joy begin doing immediately at the commune, and why is the work so grueling?
6. What does Pearl think about concerning Joy's father, Z. G.?
7. Of what do Pearl's housemates accuse her, and who seems to be supportive of her?
8. With who does Pearl regularly correspond and how does she help Pearl?
9. What does Pearl find when she goes to her childhood home?
10. Who does Pearl visit one morning and how does the older woman seem?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)