|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Why he supported the revolution.
(b) The goals of communist art.
(c) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
(d) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
2. How many siblings does Tao have?
3. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
(a) Conceals it into a flap on the inside of the letter.
(b) Disguises it as decorative art.
(c) She does not send money because it would get stolen.
(d) Sews it into the hems of clothing.
4. Who does May think about finding in China?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her half sister.
(c) Z. G.
(d) Her aunt and uncle.
5. Who is Pearl's husband?
(c) She is not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
2. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
3. Who is Z. G.?
4. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
5. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pearl called into a government office and what is she told?
2. What does Pearl think about concerning Joy's father, Z. G.?
3. Who is Joy attracted to in the Green Dragon Village and how do the two interact?
4. What information does Pearl learn right after entering China that relieves her mind?
5. How is the commune set up for The Great Leap Forward?
6. What assignment is Joy given in the village, and why?
7. What happens when Joy calls her boyfriend Joe when she is wandering through Chinatown?
8. What happens to Joy's stepfather, Sam, and how does Joy feel about it?
9. What does Pearl finally tell May about Joy and Z. G.?
10. What does Pearl do every morning for a job and what does she find as she is performing her duties?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)