|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) A deposit box with her American passport.
(b) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
(c) Illegal contacts.
(d) An apartment.
2. Who is Pearl's husband?
(c) She is not married.
3. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
(a) That Joy is ready to come home.
(b) That Pearl has decided to stay in China.
(c) That she has found Joy.
(d) That Z. G. is dead.
4. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Green Dragon Village.
(b) The missing person's bureau.
(c) The Artist Association.
(d) He does not remember.
5. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(b) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
(c) Work undercover for them in China.
(d) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
2. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
3. What assignment is Joy given?
4. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
5. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what do Pearl's housemates accuse her, and who seems to be supportive of her?
2. What happens when Joy calls her boyfriend Joe when she is wandering through Chinatown?
3. What does Pearl find when she goes to her childhood home?
4. How does Joy get into China?
5. Describe Joy's trip to China.
6. Who is Joy attracted to in the Green Dragon Village and how do the two interact?
7. What does Pearl think about concerning Joy's father, Z. G.?
8. What does Pearl finally tell May about Joy and Z. G.?
9. What is Green Dragon Village?
10. What does Pearl think about as she goes after Joy?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)