|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
(d) Regular type.
2. How many siblings does Tao have?
3. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
(a) He thinks Joy would get bored with Tao.
(b) He thinks Joy would ruin Tao's life.
(c) He thinks Tao would be a wonderful husband.
(d) He thinks she is too good for Tao.
4. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If he can return with her to the United States.
(b) If she has a young man in the United States.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
5. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the peasants anxious to do?
2. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
3. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
4. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
5. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Z. G. rebuke Joy for sneaking off with Tao?
2. What information does Pearl learn right after entering China that relieves her mind?
3. Who is Joy attracted to in the Green Dragon Village and how do the two interact?
4. With who does Pearl regularly correspond and how does she help Pearl?
5. What happens to Joy's stepfather, Sam, and how does Joy feel about it?
6. What assignment is Joy given in the village, and why?
7. What does Joy think about when listening to the propaganda about working hard?
8. Where are Joy and Z. G. going after leaving the Green Dragon Village and what does Z. G. say Joy will have the opportunity to do?
9. How is the commune set up for The Great Leap Forward?
10. What is Green Dragon Village?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)