|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
2. Who is Pearl's husband?
(b) She is not married.
3. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
(a) He thinks she is too good for Tao.
(b) He thinks Joy would ruin Tao's life.
(c) He thinks Joy would get bored with Tao.
(d) He thinks Tao would be a wonderful husband.
4. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) For propaganda posters.
(b) To practice.
(c) For wanted posters.
(d) Because he loved both of them.
5. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For not being properly respectful to him.
(b) For feeling pride in her performance.
(c) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(d) For sneaking off with Tao.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
2. How many siblings does Tao have?
3. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
4. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
5. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Green Dragon Village?
2. What does Pearl do every morning for a job and what does she find as she is performing her duties?
3. How does Joy get into China?
4. What happens when Joy calls her boyfriend Joe when she is wandering through Chinatown?
5. With who does Pearl regularly correspond and how does she help Pearl?
6. What information does Pearl learn right after entering China that relieves her mind?
7. What does Pearl learn about the whereabouts of Z. G. and Joy?
8. Why does Z. G. rebuke Joy for sneaking off with Tao?
9. What happens to Joy's stepfather, Sam, and how does Joy feel about it?
10. What does the Prologue recount?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)