|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
2. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
(a) No one.
3. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
(a) Being caught in the woods with Tao.
(b) Ping-Li's death.
(c) Having come from America.
(d) Saying caring for children is the one thing she would hate.
4. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) Illegal contacts.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
(d) A deposit box with her American passport.
5. Who does May think about finding in China?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Z. G.
(d) Her half sister.
6. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
(a) Joy has many siblings and Tao is an only child.
(b) Joy is a leo and Tao is a virgo.
(c) Joy is short and Tao is short.
(d) Joy is a tiger and Tao is a dog.
7. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Yuan scowls at her.
(b) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
(c) Her father tells her to be silent.
(d) Tao speaks harshly to her.
8. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
(a) To find a young person to mentor.
(b) To supervise Joy and Tao.
(c) To teach the peasants how to produce propaganda posters.
(d) To show how much he has progressed.
9. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
(a) There are no veterinarians in the area.
(b) The water buffalo won't let a human treat its wounds.
(c) Punishment for deeds in a past life.
(d) He says there is no reason; it just is.
10. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If he can return with her to the United States.
(b) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(c) If she has a young man in the United States.
(d) If she will marry him.
11. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(b) Her home in Los Angeles.
(c) Her home in San Francisco.
(d) The Shanghai she once knew.
12. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) The Artist Association.
(b) His family home.
(c) A museum.
(d) His second wife's family home.
13. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For not being properly respectful to him.
(b) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(c) For feeling pride in her performance.
(d) For sneaking off with Tao.
14. In what do the sisters write to each other?
15. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
(b) May's husband's aunt.
(c) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(d) Pearl's great aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
2. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
3. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
4. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
5. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)