|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dandelion Number Eight People's Commune?
(a) A group of protestors.
(b) A poster Joy paints.
(c) A poster Z. G. paints.
(d) A merging of Green Dragon Village and some nearby villages.
2. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
(b) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
(c) Z. G.
(d) The agent in immigration.
3. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
4. To where does Pearl walk?
(a) The large centrally-located park.
(b) The bus depot.
(c) The train station.
(d) Her old family home.
5. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
(a) He charges her double for the passage.
(b) He takes half of her money for exchanging her American dollars.
(c) He does not cheat her.
(d) He offers to keep her jewelry safe but never gives it back.
6. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Getting into China.
(b) Convincing Joy to come home.
(c) Leaving China.
(d) Finding Z. G.
7. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
(b) He is married.
(c) He has a black mark against him.
(d) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
8. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she has a young man in the United States.
(c) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(d) If he can return with her to the United States.
9. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
10. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
(a) Joy is a leo and Tao is a virgo.
(b) Joy is short and Tao is short.
(c) Joy is a tiger and Tao is a dog.
(d) Joy has many siblings and Tao is an only child.
11. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
(a) That she has found Joy.
(b) That Joy is ready to come home.
(c) That Pearl has decided to stay in China.
(d) That Z. G. is dead.
12. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Sneak into China.
(b) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(c) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
(d) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
13. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
14. Who is in charge of seeing that Dandelion Number Eight reaches its goals?
(a) Brigade Leader Lai.
(b) Commune Leader Lese.
(c) Brigade Leader Suan.
(d) General Tse.
15. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(a) No one.
(d) Z. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
2. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
3. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
4. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
5. Who does May think about finding in China?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)