Short Answer Key
Prologue, Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 1 - 3
1. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
2. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
3. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
4. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
5. Who is Z. G.?
6. How does Sam die?
7. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
8. Why does Joy go to China?
To find her birth father and true self.
9. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
Joy and Pearl.
10. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
The streets of Chinatown.
11. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
She's ready to move to China with him.
This section contains 2,326 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)