|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the women in the commune?
(a) They have been forced into arranged marriages.
(b) They have been sent to other villages that needed help.
(c) They have been forced to bear more children for the cause.
(d) They have been emaciated from their marriages.
2. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
(a) Take everything of any value out of Pearl's bedroom.
(b) Destroy Pearl's bedroom.
(c) Give Pearl's bedroom to another woman.
(d) Searched her bedroom.
3. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
(a) In great shape.
(b) She's been nauseous.
(c) About the same as always.
(d) Very ill.
4. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
(b) She is in love with a man at the commune.
(c) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
(d) Joy will not leave the commune.
5. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To learn about Chinese history.
(b) To visit her brother.
(c) To teach English.
(d) To find her birth father and true self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao ask Joy?
2. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
3. What does Dun recognize as symbolic of extreme distress?
4. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
5. To where does Pearl walk?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)