|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
(a) Newspaper articles about Z. G.
(b) Pieces of material.
(c) Small pieces of the poster of her and May.
(d) Bits of memorabilia from her childhood in China.
2. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
(b) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(c) She has had terrible nightmares.
(d) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
3. What shocks Joy when Tao's paintings are revealed?
(a) They are not politically correct.
(b) None of the are Tao's own work.
(c) They show a man who seems to be in love with his wife.
(d) One of them is hers.
4. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(b) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
(c) May's husband's aunt.
(d) Pearl's great aunt.
5. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Wailing Wall.
(b) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(c) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(d) The Great Wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao not do after Joy gives birth?
2. What is Tao disgusted with Joy?
3. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
4. What is valued over performance?
5. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)