|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao not do after Joy gives birth?
(a) Come to look at his child.
(b) Name the child.
(c) Help Joy recover.
(d) Talk to the doctor about Joy's condition.
2. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
(a) Joy and Joe.
(b) Joy and Pearl.
(c) Sam and Joy.
(d) Pearl and an unknown character.
3. Why is Joy happy but frustrated when she receives a package from Pearl?
(a) That the letter is brief and says nothing.
(b) That Pearl has not come to the commune in person.
(c) That there is no money in the package.
(d) That there is no baby formula in the package.
4. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
(a) Saying caring for children is the one thing she would hate.
(b) Having come from America.
(c) Being caught in the woods with Tao.
(d) Ping-Li's death.
5. What is beginning to hit the city?
(a) Rumors of the civil war coming closer.
(b) Food shortages.
(d) Heat waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
2. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
3. What does Dun manage to do?
4. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
5. What is Dandelion Number Eight People's Commune?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)