|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
(a) Her mother is trying to escape back to America.
(b) Her mother has not forgotten her.
(c) Her mother is in grave danger.
(d) Her mother is well.
2. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
(a) To find a young person to mentor.
(b) To teach the peasants how to produce propaganda posters.
(c) To show how much he has progressed.
(d) To supervise Joy and Tao.
3. How does Z. G. get Joy, Tao and Samantha to his car?
(a) A cart.
(b) Carrying them one by one.
(c) Dragging them.
(d) A wheelbarrow.
4. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
(a) The four blessings.
(b) The most fleeting Karma.
(c) The four evils.
(d) The worst karmic debt.
5. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Had several of her own children.
(b) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
(c) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
(d) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a woman kill herself one day?
2. What is the composition of the audience at the festival?
3. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
4. What does Joy want to create in the commune center?
5. What does the brigade leader say about Yong?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)