|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(b) Register all her information.
(c) Renounce her American citizenship.
(d) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
2. Who sells ingredients for traditional Chinese medication in Hong Kong?
(a) The drugstore in Yin Bo.
(b) The mayor of Yin Bo.
(c) Pearl's father.
(d) Pearl's mother's family.
3. What does Tao do that surprises Joy?
(a) Refuses to help Yong up when she falls.
(b) Slaps Yong.
(c) Slaps the brigade leader.
(d) Taunts and jeers at Yong.
4. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) She loves farming.
(b) She is afraid to leave it.
(c) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(d) She loves Tao.
5. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
(a) Sam and Joy.
(b) Joy and Pearl.
(c) Pearl and an unknown character.
(d) Joy and Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is May to meet the group?
2. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
3. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
4. What work does Pearl do?
5. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)