|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy realize when she shouts out?
(a) She will get Tao angry.
(b) She was wrong.
(c) She will not be able to leave Hong Kong.
(d) She is incriminating herself.
2. What does Joy do when she observes the people's behavior?
(b) Helps Yong to Yong's home.
(c) Slaps Tao.
(d) Stands on a box and exhorts the crowd to better behavior.
3. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) The goals of communist art.
(b) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(c) Why he supported the revolution.
(d) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
4. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her home in Los Angeles.
(b) The Shanghai she once knew.
(c) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(d) Her home in San Francisco.
5. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
(a) Finding any of her half sisters.
(b) Going to college on the East Coast.
(c) Finding her real father.
(d) Joe's notion of moving to China with Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
2. Who writes frequent letters to each other?
3. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
4. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
5. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)