|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) When she is 9.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) When she is 28.
(d) When she is 40.
2. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(a) No one.
(c) Z. G.
3. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
(b) It is strictly forbidden.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) They have offered no opinions about it.
4. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(b) The Shanghai she once knew.
(c) Her home in Los Angeles.
(d) Her home in San Francisco.
5. What does Dun recognize as symbolic of extreme distress?
(a) The boiled piece of leather.
(b) The feathers in the package.
(c) The black circles on several pieces of paper
(d) The "x" mark on several pieces of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has likely happened to the messages Pearl has sent Joy?
2. What is Yin Bo?
3. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
4. What does the mandate involve?
5. What does the brigade leader continue to expect?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)