|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone on the commune worry about concerning the upcoming winter?
(a) The winter will be harder than last year.
(b) The snow will be worse than last year.
(c) The ground will get too hard to plow.
(d) The artic winds are supposed to be worse this year.
2. What has happened to the women in the commune?
(a) They have been forced to bear more children for the cause.
(b) They have been forced into arranged marriages.
(c) They have been sent to other villages that needed help.
(d) They have been emaciated from their marriages.
3. Where is May to meet the group?
(c) Hong Kong.
4. What is the problem with planting wheat?
(a) The mice eat too much of it.
(b) The high humidity spoils wheat.
(c) The birds eat too much of it.
(d) The soil is not right for wheat.
5. What are the peasants anxious to do?
(a) Show how read their blood is.
(b) Marry Tao off to Joy.
(c) Abandon their marriages.
(d) Help Z. G. with his latest gallery show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
2. Where do Joy and her father go?
3. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
4. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
5. How does Sam die?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)