|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Green Dragon Village.
(b) The Artist Association.
(c) The missing person's bureau.
(d) He does not remember.
2. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
(b) She is in love with a man at the commune.
(c) Joy will not leave the commune.
(d) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
3. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Her old nanny.
(c) Z. G.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(b) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(c) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(d) There is no significance of the book.
5. Who is Pearl's husband?
(b) She is not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sells ingredients for traditional Chinese medication in Hong Kong?
2. Where does Pearl order the driver to take them?
3. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
4. What does Dun's action facilitate?
5. What was Joy too weak to do?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)