|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
2. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
(a) To ensure that she will stay in the commune forever.
(b) Because she loves him deeply.
(c) To spite her father.
(d) To retaliate against Pearl's comments about Tao.
3. What shocks Joy when Tao's paintings are revealed?
(a) They show a man who seems to be in love with his wife.
(b) They are not politically correct.
(c) One of them is hers.
(d) None of the are Tao's own work.
4. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
(a) Sam and Joy.
(b) Joy and Joe.
(c) Joy and Pearl.
(d) Pearl and an unknown character.
5. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) The goals of communist art.
(b) Why he supported the revolution.
(c) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(d) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
2. What does Joy do when she observes the people's behavior?
3. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
4. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
5. When will the group try to escape?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)