|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dun recognize as symbolic of extreme distress?
(a) The black circles on several pieces of paper
(b) The "x" mark on several pieces of paper.
(c) The boiled piece of leather.
(d) The feathers in the package.
2. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She is too noisy.
(b) She is too imperialistic.
(c) She is too slow.
(d) She does not work hard enough.
3. What has Tao's family managed to do to stave off starving?
(a) Kill a few pigeons.
(b) Kill a few rats and mice.
(c) Grow a few mushrooms in the cellar.
(d) Hide a cupful of uncooked wheat kernels.
4. In what do the sisters write to each other?
5. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) For propaganda posters.
(b) For wanted posters.
(c) Because he loved both of them.
(d) To practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a woman kill herself one day?
2. Who does May think about finding in China?
3. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
4. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
5. Where do Joy and her father go?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)