|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
(a) Golden Gate Park.
(b) Fisherman's Wharf.
(c) The streets of Chinatown.
(d) The Presidio.
2. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
(b) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(c) She has had terrible nightmares.
(d) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
3. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To learn about Chinese history.
(b) To find her birth father and true self.
(c) To visit her brother.
(d) To teach English.
4. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
(a) To save fire wood.
(b) To create a spirit of camaraderie.
(c) To free up the woman from domestic chores.
(d) To save resources.
5. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(b) No one.
(c) Z. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a woman kill herself one day?
2. What is Tao disgusted with Joy?
3. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
4. What are Z. G. and Pearl's reaction to what they see on their drive to the commune?
5. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)