|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Register all her information.
(b) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(c) Renounce her American citizenship.
(d) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
2. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
(a) Destroy Pearl's bedroom.
(b) Searched her bedroom.
(c) Take everything of any value out of Pearl's bedroom.
(d) Give Pearl's bedroom to another woman.
3. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
(a) The commune leader is coming on to her.
(b) The cold and classes they have to take.
(c) The cold and lack of food.
(d) Tao is not paying any attention to her.
4. What does the government realize about the peasants?
(a) They are eating more food than can be sustained.
(b) They are for the most part not too bright.
(c) They are more aware than they let on.
(d) They are close to revolting.
5. What do Joy and Z. G. do in Canton?
(a) Make love.
(b) Make plans.
(c) Cry about Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
2. What is Tao disgusted with Joy?
3. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
4. Where do Pearl and the rest of the group take an airplane?
5. Who knocks on Pearl's bedroom door?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)