|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Convincing Joy to come home.
(b) Getting into China.
(c) Finding Z. G.
(d) Leaving China.
2. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
(a) Conceals it into a flap on the inside of the letter.
(b) Disguises it as decorative art.
(c) She does not send money because it would get stolen.
(d) Sews it into the hems of clothing.
3. Who do the Chinese hope to overpower in the future?
(b) Imperialistic countries.
4. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
(a) They think she believes herself to be superior to them.
(b) They are suspicious of Pearl's reasons for returning to China.
(c) They think she is too bourgeois.
(d) They think she speaks with an English accent.
5. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For feeling pride in her performance.
(b) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(c) For sneaking off with Tao.
(d) For not being properly respectful to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the women in the commune?
2. How will Joy and her baby be sneaked out of the commune?
3. What assignment is Joy given?
4. What does Tao do that surprises Joy?
5. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)