|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 27 & 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) A deposit box with her American passport.
(b) Illegal contacts.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
2. What does Pearl confide to Joy about Dun?
(a) That he is the man she loved when she was a teen before leaving China.
(b) That he is a spy for the United States.
(c) That he has asked Pearl to marry him.
(d) That he is going to America.
3. How does Joy convince the brigade leader to let her do her project in the commune center?
(a) Offers to go to bed with him.
(b) Appeals to his self interest.
(c) Shows him how it will help the commune's output.
(d) Gives him a money bribe.
4. Why does Joy boil the shoes Pearl sends her?
(a) To extract the rice paste.
(b) To kill the mold on them.
(c) To shrink them.
(d) To stretch them.
5. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Why he supported the revolution.
(b) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
(c) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(d) The goals of communist art.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Tao have?
2. Why does Joy go to China?
3. Where is everyone when Z. G. and Pearl arrive at the Green Dragon?
4. To what does Pearl awaken?
5. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)