|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with planting wheat?
(a) The high humidity spoils wheat.
(b) The soil is not right for wheat.
(c) The birds eat too much of it.
(d) The mice eat too much of it.
2. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She has had terrible nightmares.
(b) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
(c) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(d) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
3. What does Auntie Hu tell Pearl?
(a) That the officials asked Auntie Hu about Pearl.
(b) That Auntie Hu is very ill.
(c) That Auntie Hu is planning to leave Chine.
(d) That Z. G. can not be trusted.
4. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Z. G.
(b) Her old nanny.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
5. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) His second wife's family home.
(b) A museum.
(c) The Artist Association.
(d) His family home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
2. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
3. Who is fed first when there is food?
4. What does Tao do that surprises Joy?
5. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)