|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
(a) She's been nauseous.
(b) In great shape.
(c) About the same as always.
(d) Very ill.
2. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) She is in love with a man at the commune.
(b) Joy will not leave the commune.
(c) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
(d) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
3. What assignment is Joy given?
(a) Giving music lessons to the village children.
(b) Running the village nursery.
(c) That of arranging a propaganda play for the village about the Marriage Law.
(d) Giving English lessons to the village children.
4. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) She is afraid to leave it.
(b) She loves Tao.
(c) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(d) She loves farming.
5. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
(a) The Great Leap Forward.
(b) Leaping into the Future.
(c) China First.
(d) The Hope of the Future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
2. With whom does Kumei have a disagreement?
3. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
4. What is the problem with planting wheat?
5. What does Tao ask Joy?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)