|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) When she is 40.
(b) When she is 28.
(c) As a teenager.
(d) When she is 9.
2. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) A deposit box with her American passport.
(b) Illegal contacts.
(c) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
(d) An apartment.
3. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
(a) They think she speaks with an English accent.
(b) They are suspicious of Pearl's reasons for returning to China.
(c) They think she is too bourgeois.
(d) They think she believes herself to be superior to them.
4. Why does Tao insult Joy after she gives birth?
(a) For wanting to name their child after an American.
(b) For screaming during labor.
(c) For not having a boy.
(d) For not allowing Tao to take the child and kill her.
5. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
(a) Z. G. is being honored in Beijing that month.
(b) Joy is not with Z. G.
(c) Z. G. has met Joy.
(d) Z. G. has been sent to the countryside to redeem himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
2. To what is Pearl sentenced?
3. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
4. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
5. What assignment is Joy given?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)