|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
(a) Braid her hair.
(b) Get ready to see Tao.
(c) Help her bathe.
(d) Sleep late.
2. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) The Shanghai she once knew.
(b) Her home in Los Angeles.
(c) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(d) Her home in San Francisco.
3. Where is everyone when Z. G. and Pearl arrive at the Green Dragon?
(a) On the road to a larger commune.
(b) Either dead or in their homes too weak to work.
(c) Gathered at a public criticism.
(d) Working in the rice paddies.
4. What does the brigade leader say about Yong?
(a) She is a victim.
(b) She is doing more than her share of the work.
(c) She is a parasite.
(d) She is a hero.
5. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
(a) They are suspicious of Pearl's reasons for returning to China.
(b) They think she is too bourgeois.
(c) They think she speaks with an English accent.
(d) They think she believes herself to be superior to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has likely happened to the messages Pearl has sent Joy?
2. Who is in charge of seeing that Dandelion Number Eight reaches its goals?
3. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
4. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
5. What is Dandelion Number Eight People's Commune?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)