|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the voice over the loudspeaker announce?
(a) The district overseer is arriving.
(b) Everyone is to gather at the canteen.
(c) One of the workers is pinned under the tractor and help is needed.
(d) Help is needed in the rice paddy.
2. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He has a black mark against him.
(b) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
(c) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
(d) He is married.
3. Why is Pearl upset to hear that Joy is pregnant?
(a) Joy will never leave the commune now.
(b) Joy's health will be in danger.
(c) Joy will not get good care.
(d) Joy will not be treated well if she has a girl.
4. Why does Pearl apply for paperwork to visit the Green Dragon Village?
(a) Because Joy is pregnant.
(b) To take Joy maternity clothes.
(c) To try to get Joy to leave the commune.
(d) To take Joy vitamins.
5. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(b) For feeling pride in her performance.
(c) For not being properly respectful to him.
(d) For sneaking off with Tao.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tao disgusted with Joy?
2. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
3. Who do the Chinese hope to overpower in the future?
4. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
5. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)