|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy want to create in the commune center?
(a) A mural.
(b) A place where people can gather and have fun.
(c) An art gallery.
(d) A support network.
2. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(b) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
(c) She has had terrible nightmares.
(d) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
3. Who is fed first when there is food?
(a) The youngest.
(b) The elderly.
(d) The most productive.
4. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
(a) An American cannot do something well.
(b) She is not supposed to do better than others in the village.
(c) There is no place for pride in China.
(d) She is an outsider.
5. What has happened to the women in the commune?
(a) They have been emaciated from their marriages.
(b) They have been forced into arranged marriages.
(c) They have been sent to other villages that needed help.
(d) They have been forced to bear more children for the cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
2. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
3. What is Dandelion Number Eight People's Commune?
4. What does Pearl say about Tao?
5. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)