|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the brigade leader continue to expect?
(a) A full day's labor.
(b) Gourmet meals.
(c) Double production.
(d) Propaganda classes in addition to the full day of hard labor.
2. What does Kumei admit to Joy?
(a) She is getting married to Tao's older brother.
(b) She's been sleeping with the brigade leader.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She's going to sneak away from the village.
3. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
(a) In pawn shops.
(b) By petitioning the government.
(c) By asking the neighbors for help.
(d) By finding all the receipts in the trunks in the attic.
4. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
(b) She has had terrible nightmares.
(c) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(d) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
5. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(b) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(c) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(d) There is no significance of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
2. What are Z. G. and Pearl's reaction to what they see on their drive to the commune?
3. Why does Joy go to China?
4. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
5. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)