|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
(a) They think she is too bourgeois.
(b) They think she speaks with an English accent.
(c) They are suspicious of Pearl's reasons for returning to China.
(d) They think she believes herself to be superior to them.
2. What are Z. G. and Pearl's reaction to what they see on their drive to the commune?
(a) Horror at what they are witnessing.
(b) Indifference since it's almost as bad in the city.
(d) Incredulity at the wasted harvest.
3. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
(a) Her mother is in grave danger.
(b) Her mother is trying to escape back to America.
(c) Her mother is well.
(d) Her mother has not forgotten her.
4. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
(a) Bits of memorabilia from her childhood in China.
(b) Pieces of material.
(c) Newspaper articles about Z. G.
(d) Small pieces of the poster of her and May.
5. How much rice is each peasant given per day?
(a) One cup.
(b) One-half cup.
(c) Two cups.
(d) A quart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
2. How does Sam die?
3. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
4. With whom does Kumei have a disagreement?
5. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)