|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Z. G. and Pearl's reaction to what they see on their drive to the commune?
(a) Indifference since it's almost as bad in the city.
(b) Horror at what they are witnessing.
(d) Incredulity at the wasted harvest.
2. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
(a) His mother's home.
(b) To an art exhibit.
(d) The countryside.
3. What does the government promise to women who give birth?
(a) Extra food rations and cloth.
(b) An experienced doctor.
(c) An experienced midwife.
(d) Their female children will be protected.
4. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(b) Z. G.
(d) No one.
5. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(b) A farmer.
(c) Joy's father.
(d) A Chinese official high up in the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joy go to China?
2. What has happened to the women in the commune?
3. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
4. Why does Pearl apply for paperwork to visit the Green Dragon Village?
5. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)