|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joy boil the shoes Pearl sends her?
(a) To stretch them.
(b) To kill the mold on them.
(c) To extract the rice paste.
(d) To shrink them.
2. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
(a) She sees her picture on a poster drawn by Z. G.
(b) She sees Z. G. at the airport.
(c) She sees Joy's picture on the wall of returning Chinese.
(d) She talks to someone who has met Joy.
3. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
(a) Because she loves him deeply.
(b) To ensure that she will stay in the commune forever.
(c) To retaliate against Pearl's comments about Tao.
(d) To spite her father.
4. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(a) Z. G.
5. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
(b) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
(c) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
(d) Had several of her own children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
2. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
3. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
4. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
5. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)