|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) A whipping.
(b) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(c) Her first public criticism.
(d) A hanging.
2. What assignment is Joy given?
(a) Running the village nursery.
(b) That of arranging a propaganda play for the village about the Marriage Law.
(c) Giving music lessons to the village children.
(d) Giving English lessons to the village children.
3. Where do Joy and her father go?
(a) To a large city about two days ride from Shanghai.
(b) Green Dragon Village.
(c) To Hong Kong.
(d) To his mother's home.
4. What does Joy want to create in the commune center?
(a) A support network.
(b) An art gallery.
(c) A place where people can gather and have fun.
(d) A mural.
5. Who concocts a plan to get to the commune?
(b) Auntie Hu.
(c) Z. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pearl delighted when she returns from work one evening?
2. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
3. Who is Z. G.?
4. To what does Joy think the people are blind?
5. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)