|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl confide to Joy about Dun?
(a) That he is going to America.
(b) That he is the man she loved when she was a teen before leaving China.
(c) That he is a spy for the United States.
(d) That he has asked Pearl to marry him.
2. How much rice is each peasant given per day?
(a) A quart.
(b) One cup.
(c) One-half cup.
(d) Two cups.
3. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
(a) Joy and Tao.
(b) Z. G. and Joy.
(c) Yong and Su-Lee.
(d) Tao and Yong.
4. What work does Pearl do?
(a) Cleaning the canning pots.
(b) Stoke the blast furnace.
(c) Cooking for the harvesters.
(d) Grinding wheat.
5. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
(a) Joe's notion of moving to China with Joy.
(b) Finding her real father.
(c) Going to college on the East Coast.
(d) Finding any of her half sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
2. What has likely happened to the messages Pearl has sent Joy?
3. Why is Joy happy but frustrated when she receives a package from Pearl?
4. In what do the sisters write to each other?
5. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)