|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) It is strictly forbidden.
(b) A necessary evil.
(c) They have offered no opinions about it.
(d) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
2. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(b) Her old nanny.
(c) Z. G.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
3. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He has a black mark against him.
(b) He is married.
(c) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
(d) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
4. Who writes frequent letters to each other?
(a) Tao and Joy.
(b) Pearl and May.
(c) Z. G. and May.
(d) Pearl and Auntie Hu.
5. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(b) Sneak into China.
(c) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
(d) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl say about Tao?
2. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
3. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
4. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
5. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)