|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Live a life of luxury.
(b) Write to May regularly.
(c) Create art in her own fashion.
(d) Visit abroad.
2. Who is fed first when there is food?
(a) The most productive.
(c) The youngest.
(d) The elderly.
3. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(b) A farmer.
(c) Joy's father.
(d) A Chinese official high up in the party.
4. What does the mandate involve?
(a) Using more machinery.
(b) To see which commune can harvest their crops the fastest.
(c) Digging miles of trenches for the water.
(d) A crop that has not been grown in China until now.
5. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) His second wife's family home.
(b) His family home.
(c) A museum.
(d) The Artist Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
2. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
3. Why is Pearl delighted when she returns from work one evening?
4. Who is in charge of seeing that Dandelion Number Eight reaches its goals?
5. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)