|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has likely happened to the messages Pearl has sent Joy?
(a) They were burned for starting fires.
(b) She does not think Pearl has sent her any messages.
(c) The censors have confisgated them.
(d) They are lost somewhere along the way.
2. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
(b) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
(c) She is in love with a man at the commune.
(d) Joy will not leave the commune.
3. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(b) The Great Wall.
(c) The Wailing Wall.
(d) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
4. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) She is afraid to leave it.
(b) She loves Tao.
(c) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(d) She loves farming.
5. What are Z. G. and Pearl's reaction to what they see on their drive to the commune?
(a) Incredulity at the wasted harvest.
(c) Horror at what they are witnessing.
(d) Indifference since it's almost as bad in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl confide to Joy about Dun?
2. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
3. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
4. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
5. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)