|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(b) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(c) There is no significance of the book.
(d) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
2. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
(a) Small pieces of the poster of her and May.
(b) Newspaper articles about Z. G.
(c) Bits of memorabilia from her childhood in China.
(d) Pieces of material.
3. What job is Pearl given?
(b) Paper collector.
4. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
(a) She's been nauseous.
(b) Very ill.
(c) In great shape.
(d) About the same as always.
5. How many siblings does Tao have?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Pearl sentenced?
2. Who is Auntie Hu?
3. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
4. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
5. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)