|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
(a) Tao and Yong.
(b) Joy and Tao.
(c) Z. G. and Joy.
(d) Yong and Su-Lee.
2. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
(b) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(c) She has had terrible nightmares.
(d) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
3. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Give her a new identity.
(b) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
(c) Confisgate most of her belongings.
(d) Confisgate her American passport.
4. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
(a) She does not send money because it would get stolen.
(b) Disguises it as decorative art.
(c) Sews it into the hems of clothing.
(d) Conceals it into a flap on the inside of the letter.
5. What does Pearl say about Tao?
(a) He is insignificant.
(b) He is wise beyond his years.
(c) He is handsome.
(d) He is a good match for Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
2. What does the government realize about the peasants?
3. What does Kumei admit to Joy?
4. What is the meaning of the item pinned to Yong's chest?
5. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)