|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) Because he loved both of them.
(b) For propaganda posters.
(c) For wanted posters.
(d) To practice.
2. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
(b) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
(c) Joy will not leave the commune.
(d) She is in love with a man at the commune.
3. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(a) Z. G.
(c) No one.
4. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) It is strictly forbidden.
(c) They have offered no opinions about it.
(d) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
5. What do the harvesters leave standing?
(a) Every tenth row for gleaners.
(c) Ten percent of the crop for the local farmers.
(d) Many uncut rice stalks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the women in the commune?
2. In what do the sisters write to each other?
3. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
4. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
5. Who is Auntie Hu?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)