|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
(a) Pearl and an unknown character.
(b) Sam and Joy.
(c) Joy and Joe.
(d) Joy and Pearl.
2. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) People celebrating Communism.
(b) Posters of she and May.
(c) Propaganda against the United States.
(d) Disabled elderly people begging.
3. What do the harvesters leave standing?
(b) Many uncut rice stalks.
(c) Ten percent of the crop for the local farmers.
(d) Every tenth row for gleaners.
4. What are the peasants anxious to do?
(a) Marry Tao off to Joy.
(b) Abandon their marriages.
(c) Help Z. G. with his latest gallery show.
(d) Show how read their blood is.
5. Who does May think about finding in China?
(a) Her half sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Z. G.
(d) Her aunt and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chinese government view romance?
2. In what do the sisters write to each other?
3. What does Tao do that surprises Joy?
4. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
5. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)