|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
(b) Throwing herself down a well.
(c) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(d) Drinking poison.
2. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(b) May's husband's aunt.
(c) Pearl's great aunt.
(d) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
3. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(b) For not being properly respectful to him.
(c) For sneaking off with Tao.
(d) For feeling pride in her performance.
4. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
(a) She talks to someone who has met Joy.
(b) She sees her picture on a poster drawn by Z. G.
(c) She sees Joy's picture on the wall of returning Chinese.
(d) She sees Z. G. at the airport.
5. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
(a) In pawn shops.
(b) By asking the neighbors for help.
(c) By finding all the receipts in the trunks in the attic.
(d) By petitioning the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes frequent letters to each other?
2. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
3. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
4. To what does Pearl awaken?
5. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)