|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
(a) She is leaving for Taiwan.
(b) She's ready to move to China with him.
(c) She has to leave him.
(d) She is moving to the East Coast.
2. What is the problem with planting wheat?
(a) The soil is not right for wheat.
(b) The birds eat too much of it.
(c) The mice eat too much of it.
(d) The high humidity spoils wheat.
3. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
4. What has happened to the women in the commune?
(a) They have been forced into arranged marriages.
(b) They have been emaciated from their marriages.
(c) They have been sent to other villages that needed help.
(d) They have been forced to bear more children for the cause.
5. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
(a) Pieces of material.
(b) Bits of memorabilia from her childhood in China.
(c) Small pieces of the poster of her and May.
(d) Newspaper articles about Z. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
2. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
3. What does the voice over the loudspeaker announce?
4. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
5. Who does May think about finding in China?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)