|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
(a) No one.
2. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
(a) Yong and Su-Lee.
(b) Tao and Yong.
(c) Z. G. and Joy.
(d) Joy and Tao.
3. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) As a teenager.
(b) When she is 28.
(c) When she is 40.
(d) When she is 9.
4. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
(a) To save fire wood.
(b) To free up the woman from domestic chores.
(c) To save resources.
(d) To create a spirit of camaraderie.
5. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(b) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(c) The Wailing Wall.
(d) The Great Wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
2. How many siblings does Tao have?
3. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
4. What does Joy do when she observes the people's behavior?
5. What work does Pearl do?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)