|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
(a) Z. G. and Joy.
(b) Yong and Su-Lee.
(c) Tao and Yong.
(d) Joy and Tao.
2. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
(d) Regular type.
3. What is valued over performance?
(c) Espirit de corps.
(d) Looking busy.
4. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
(a) Disguises it as decorative art.
(b) She does not send money because it would get stolen.
(c) Conceals it into a flap on the inside of the letter.
(d) Sews it into the hems of clothing.
5. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) Joy will not leave the commune.
(b) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
(c) She is in love with a man at the commune.
(d) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pearl's husband?
2. Who is Auntie Hu?
3. How is Joy's relationship with her in-laws proceeding?
4. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
5. What is beginning to hit the city?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)