|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Yuan scowls at her.
(b) Her father tells her to be silent.
(c) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
(d) Tao speaks harshly to her.
2. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
(a) The commune leader is coming on to her.
(b) Tao is not paying any attention to her.
(c) The cold and lack of food.
(d) The cold and classes they have to take.
3. What does the government realize about the peasants?
(a) They are more aware than they let on.
(b) They are close to revolting.
(c) They are eating more food than can be sustained.
(d) They are for the most part not too bright.
4. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
(a) The four evils.
(b) The most fleeting Karma.
(c) The worst karmic debt.
(d) The four blessings.
5. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(c) Z. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
2. To what is Pearl sentenced?
3. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
4. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
5. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)