|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Joy and Z. G. do in Canton?
(a) Cry about Joy.
(c) Make plans.
(d) Make love.
2. What are the peasants anxious to do?
(a) Abandon their marriages.
(b) Show how read their blood is.
(c) Help Z. G. with his latest gallery show.
(d) Marry Tao off to Joy.
3. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
(a) Devour most of the seeds and grains.
(b) Deface public seating areas.
(c) Nest in eaves and ruin them.
(d) Ignore the government's war.
4. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(b) Her first public criticism.
(c) A whipping.
(d) A hanging.
5. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
(a) Bits of memorabilia from her childhood in China.
(b) Pieces of material.
(c) Newspaper articles about Z. G.
(d) Small pieces of the poster of her and May.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
2. What does Auntie Hu tell Pearl?
3. Why does Pearl apply for paperwork to visit the Green Dragon Village?
4. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
5. In what do the sisters write to each other?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)