|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
2. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
(a) He escapes to Hong Kong.
(b) He is sentenced to death.
(c) He returns to get Pearl.
(d) He is sentenced to prison.
3. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
4. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
(a) For ruining so much of it.
(b) For not knowing how to cut the harvest.
(c) For tiring out quickly.
(d) For not going very fast.
5. What is the meaning of the item pinned to Yong's chest?
(a) She is being recognized for some achievement.
(b) She is being allowed to retire.
(c) She has been denounced from the commune.
(d) She is going to give a talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Z. G.?
2. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
3. In what do the sisters write to each other?
4. What is pinned to Yong's chest?
5. What does the brigade leader say about Yong?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)