|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
2. How many siblings does Tao have?
3. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
(a) Joy is a leo and Tao is a virgo.
(b) Joy is short and Tao is short.
(c) Joy has many siblings and Tao is an only child.
(d) Joy is a tiger and Tao is a dog.
4. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Create art in her own fashion.
(b) Live a life of luxury.
(c) Visit abroad.
(d) Write to May regularly.
5. What does the voice over the loudspeaker announce?
(a) One of the workers is pinned under the tractor and help is needed.
(b) The district overseer is arriving.
(c) Help is needed in the rice paddy.
(d) Everyone is to gather at the canteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
2. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
3. With whom does Kumei have a disagreement?
4. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
5. How is Joy's relationship with her in-laws proceeding?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)