|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
(a) In great shape.
(b) She's been nauseous.
(c) About the same as always.
(d) Very ill.
2. What does the brigade leader have Yong do?
(a) Unbind her feet.
(b) Give each worker a bonus.
(d) Tell her story.
3. What is pinned to Yong's chest?
(a) A white star.
(b) A red star.
(c) A red sash.
(d) A white ribbon.
4. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
(a) To supervise Joy and Tao.
(b) To teach the peasants how to produce propaganda posters.
(c) To find a young person to mentor.
(d) To show how much he has progressed.
5. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Give her a new identity.
(b) Confisgate most of her belongings.
(c) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
(d) Confisgate her American passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Auntie Hu tell Pearl?
2. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
3. What does the voice over the loudspeaker announce?
4. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
5. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)