|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
(a) Give Pearl's bedroom to another woman.
(b) Destroy Pearl's bedroom.
(c) Take everything of any value out of Pearl's bedroom.
(d) Searched her bedroom.
2. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her home in San Francisco.
(b) The Shanghai she once knew.
(c) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(d) Her home in Los Angeles.
3. What does Joy want to create in the commune center?
(a) An art gallery.
(b) A mural.
(c) A place where people can gather and have fun.
(d) A support network.
4. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(b) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(c) Sneak into China.
(d) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
5. What does Tao do that surprises Joy?
(a) Slaps the brigade leader.
(b) Refuses to help Yong up when she falls.
(c) Slaps Yong.
(d) Taunts and jeers at Yong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
2. Why does Joy go to China?
3. What is beginning to hit the city?
4. Who is Z. G.?
5. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)