|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(b) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
(c) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(d) Sneak into China.
2. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) The agent in immigration.
(b) Z. G.
(c) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
(d) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
3. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
(a) For not going very fast.
(b) For tiring out quickly.
(c) For not knowing how to cut the harvest.
(d) For ruining so much of it.
4. Who do the Chinese hope to overpower in the future?
(d) Imperialistic countries.
5. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Green Dragon Village.
(b) The Artist Association.
(c) The missing person's bureau.
(d) He does not remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
2. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
3. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
4. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
5. How does Sam die?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)