|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(b) Drinking poison.
(c) Throwing herself down a well.
(d) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
2. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
(a) Joy and Pearl.
(b) Joy and Joe.
(c) Pearl and an unknown character.
(d) Sam and Joy.
3. To what does Pearl awaken?
(b) A scream.
(c) A headache.
(d) A growl.
4. How is Joy's relationship with her in-laws proceeding?
(b) At an all-time low.
5. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
(a) For ruining so much of it.
(b) For not going very fast.
(c) For not knowing how to cut the harvest.
(d) For tiring out quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
2. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
3. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
4. What do the harvesters leave standing?
5. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)