|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(c) Z. G.
2. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
(a) Z. G. is being honored in Beijing that month.
(b) Z. G. has met Joy.
(c) Joy is not with Z. G.
(d) Z. G. has been sent to the countryside to redeem himself.
3. How does Joy convince the brigade leader to let her do her project in the commune center?
(a) Appeals to his self interest.
(b) Gives him a money bribe.
(c) Shows him how it will help the commune's output.
(d) Offers to go to bed with him.
4. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
(a) She is moving to the East Coast.
(b) She is leaving for Taiwan.
(c) She has to leave him.
(d) She's ready to move to China with him.
5. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
(a) The Hope of the Future.
(b) The Great Leap Forward.
(c) Leaping into the Future.
(d) China First.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
2. What does Joy do when she observes the people's behavior?
3. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
4. How does a woman kill herself one day?
5. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)