|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) They have offered no opinions about it.
(c) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
(d) It is strictly forbidden.
2. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she has a young man in the United States.
(d) If he can return with her to the United States.
3. What is the meaning of the item pinned to Yong's chest?
(a) She is being allowed to retire.
(b) She is going to give a talk.
(c) She is being recognized for some achievement.
(d) She has been denounced from the commune.
4. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
(b) She is in love with a man at the commune.
(c) Joy will not leave the commune.
(d) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
5. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
(a) By asking the neighbors for help.
(b) By petitioning the government.
(c) By finding all the receipts in the trunks in the attic.
(d) In pawn shops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the women in the commune?
2. What is valued over performance?
3. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
4. What does Joy want to create in the commune center?
5. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)