|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
2. What does Pearl say about Tao?
(a) He is insignificant.
(b) He is a good match for Joy.
(c) He is wise beyond his years.
(d) He is handsome.
3. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
(c) A deposit box with her American passport.
(d) Illegal contacts.
4. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
(a) Destroy Pearl's bedroom.
(b) Searched her bedroom.
(c) Take everything of any value out of Pearl's bedroom.
(d) Give Pearl's bedroom to another woman.
5. What does the brigade leader say about Yong?
(a) She is doing more than her share of the work.
(b) She is a parasite.
(c) She is a hero.
(d) She is a victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
2. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
3. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
4. What does the voice over the loudspeaker announce?
5. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)