|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
(a) To find a young person to mentor.
(b) To supervise Joy and Tao.
(c) To show how much he has progressed.
(d) To teach the peasants how to produce propaganda posters.
2. What do the harvesters leave standing?
(a) Many uncut rice stalks.
(b) Ten percent of the crop for the local farmers.
(c) Every tenth row for gleaners.
3. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
(a) Z. G. and Joy.
(b) Yong and Su-Lee.
(c) Joy and Tao.
(d) Tao and Yong.
4. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
(a) Very ill.
(b) About the same as always.
(c) In great shape.
(d) She's been nauseous.
5. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Renounce her American citizenship.
(b) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(c) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(d) Register all her information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
2. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
3. What has happened to the women in the commune?
4. In what do the sisters write to each other?
5. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)