|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her brother.
2. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) For wanted posters.
(b) For propaganda posters.
(c) Because he loved both of them.
(d) To practice.
3. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
(a) To keep them from walking around sharp rocks in the field.
(b) To keep the sun from giving them cataracts.
(c) To keep the flies out of their eyes.
(d) To keep them from kicking since they won't kick if they can't see.
4. What has happened to the women in the commune?
(a) They have been emaciated from their marriages.
(b) They have been forced into arranged marriages.
(c) They have been forced to bear more children for the cause.
(d) They have been sent to other villages that needed help.
5. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
(a) Golden Gate Park.
(b) Fisherman's Wharf.
(c) The streets of Chinatown.
(d) The Presidio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
2. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
3. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
4. What does the brigade leader say about Yong?
5. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)