|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the peasants anxious to do?
(a) Abandon their marriages.
(b) Show how read their blood is.
(c) Marry Tao off to Joy.
(d) Help Z. G. with his latest gallery show.
2. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If he can return with her to the United States.
(c) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(d) If she has a young man in the United States.
3. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(b) The Shanghai she once knew.
(c) Her home in San Francisco.
(d) Her home in Los Angeles.
4. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
(a) Those she learns from the Chinese Student Democratic Association.
(b) Some she has read by Chairman Mao.
(c) Some her aunt told her.
(d) Some her mother told her.
5. Who is Pearl's husband?
(d) She is not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
2. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
3. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
4. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
5. How is Joy's relationship with her in-laws proceeding?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)