|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 17 - 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pearl apply for paperwork to visit the Green Dragon Village?
(a) Because Joy is pregnant.
(b) To take Joy maternity clothes.
(c) To try to get Joy to leave the commune.
(d) To take Joy vitamins.
2. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(b) The Great Wall.
(c) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
3. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Drinking poison.
(b) Throwing herself down a well.
(c) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(d) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
4. Who do the Chinese hope to overpower in the future?
(d) Imperialistic countries.
5. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) People celebrating Communism.
(b) Disabled elderly people begging.
(c) Propaganda against the United States.
(d) Posters of she and May.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is valued over performance?
2. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
3. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
4. Who is in charge of seeing that Dandelion Number Eight reaches its goals?
5. What is pinned to Yong's chest?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)