|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(d) Z. G.
2. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Give her a new identity.
(b) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
(c) Confisgate her American passport.
(d) Confisgate most of her belongings.
3. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(b) A Chinese official high up in the party.
(c) A farmer.
(d) Joy's father.
4. What does Pearl say about Tao?
(a) He is a good match for Joy.
(b) He is wise beyond his years.
(c) He is insignificant.
(d) He is handsome.
5. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(b) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(c) There is no significance of the book.
(d) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
2. What does Tao ask Joy?
3. Who is Auntie Hu?
4. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
5. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)