|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
(a) She talks to someone who has met Joy.
(b) She sees Z. G. at the airport.
(c) She sees her picture on a poster drawn by Z. G.
(d) She sees Joy's picture on the wall of returning Chinese.
2. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
(a) To free up the woman from domestic chores.
(b) To save resources.
(c) To save fire wood.
(d) To create a spirit of camaraderie.
3. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
(a) To keep them from walking around sharp rocks in the field.
(b) To keep the sun from giving them cataracts.
(c) To keep them from kicking since they won't kick if they can't see.
(d) To keep the flies out of their eyes.
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) There is no significance of the book.
(b) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(c) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(d) It was written by the main character, Sam.
5. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) For wanted posters.
(b) To practice.
(c) Because he loved both of them.
(d) For propaganda posters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
2. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
3. Who is Z. G.?
4. What job is Pearl given?
5. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)