|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) His family home.
(b) A museum.
(c) The Artist Association.
(d) His second wife's family home.
2. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
(a) She sees Joy's picture on the wall of returning Chinese.
(b) She talks to someone who has met Joy.
(c) She sees Z. G. at the airport.
(d) She sees her picture on a poster drawn by Z. G.
3. What job is Pearl given?
(d) Paper collector.
4. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Why he supported the revolution.
(b) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(c) The goals of communist art.
(d) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
5. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(b) Register all her information.
(c) Renounce her American citizenship.
(d) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
2. To what is Pearl sentenced?
3. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
4. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
5. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)