|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) They have offered no opinions about it.
(c) It is strictly forbidden.
(d) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
2. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
(a) Small pieces of the poster of her and May.
(b) Bits of memorabilia from her childhood in China.
(c) Newspaper articles about Z. G.
(d) Pieces of material.
3. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
(b) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
(c) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
(d) Had several of her own children.
4. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
(b) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
(c) She is in love with a man at the commune.
(d) Joy will not leave the commune.
5. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
(a) Some her aunt told her.
(b) Those she learns from the Chinese Student Democratic Association.
(c) Some her mother told her.
(d) Some she has read by Chairman Mao.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
2. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
3. Where do Joy and her father go?
4. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
5. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)