|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
(a) Registering her information.
(b) Having her passport taken.
(c) Having no transportation.
(d) Having no money.
2. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A Chinese official high up in the party.
(c) Joy's father.
(d) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
3. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
4. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
(a) Z. G. is being honored in Beijing that month.
(b) Z. G. has met Joy.
(c) Z. G. has been sent to the countryside to redeem himself.
(d) Joy is not with Z. G.
5. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
(a) She is not supposed to do better than others in the village.
(b) An American cannot do something well.
(c) She is an outsider.
(d) There is no place for pride in China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
2. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
3. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
4. To what is Pearl sentenced?
5. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)