|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(b) The Great Wall.
(c) The Wailing Wall.
(d) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
2. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For sneaking off with Tao.
(b) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(c) For feeling pride in her performance.
(d) For not being properly respectful to him.
3. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Green Dragon Village.
(b) He does not remember.
(c) The missing person's bureau.
(d) The Artist Association.
4. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
(a) So they can spend time together away from the prying eyes of the commune.
(b) So Z. G. can discourage Joy from being interested in Tao.
(c) They both have similar talent.
(d) So Z. G. can discourage Tao from being interested in Joy.
5. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
(a) To teach the peasants how to produce propaganda posters.
(b) To show how much he has progressed.
(c) To supervise Joy and Tao.
(d) To find a young person to mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Chinese hope to overpower in the future?
2. What has happened to the women in the commune?
3. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
4. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
5. How does the Chinese government view romance?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)