|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) Her first public criticism.
(b) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(c) A whipping.
(d) A hanging.
2. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(b) She loves farming.
(c) She loves Tao.
(d) She is afraid to leave it.
3. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
(b) Give her a new identity.
(c) Confisgate her American passport.
(d) Confisgate most of her belongings.
4. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Had several of her own children.
(b) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
(c) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
(d) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
5. Who writes frequent letters to each other?
(a) Pearl and May.
(b) Tao and Joy.
(c) Z. G. and May.
(d) Pearl and Auntie Hu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl say about Tao?
2. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
3. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
4. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
5. What job is Pearl given?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)