|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Her old nanny.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Z. G.
2. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
(a) Those she learns from the Chinese Student Democratic Association.
(b) Some she has read by Chairman Mao.
(c) Some her aunt told her.
(d) Some her mother told her.
3. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(a) Z. G.
4. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She is too slow.
(b) She is too noisy.
(c) She is too imperialistic.
(d) She does not work hard enough.
5. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To learn about Chinese history.
(b) To visit her brother.
(c) To find her birth father and true self.
(d) To teach English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
2. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
3. Who does May think about finding in China?
4. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
5. Where do Joy and her father go?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)