|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is Pearl given?
(d) Paper collector.
2. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(b) Sneak into China.
(c) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(d) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
3. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(b) The Shanghai she once knew.
(c) Her home in Los Angeles.
(d) Her home in San Francisco.
4. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) Posters of she and May.
(b) People celebrating Communism.
(c) Disabled elderly people begging.
(d) Propaganda against the United States.
5. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) A deposit box with her American passport.
(b) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
(c) Illegal contacts.
(d) An apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assignment is Joy given?
2. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
3. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
4. Who writes frequent letters to each other?
5. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)