|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dandelion Number Eight People's Commune?
(a) A group of protestors.
(b) A poster Joy paints.
(c) A merging of Green Dragon Village and some nearby villages.
(d) A poster Z. G. paints.
2. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(b) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
(c) Why he supported the revolution.
(d) The goals of communist art.
3. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
(a) To keep them from kicking since they won't kick if they can't see.
(b) To keep the flies out of their eyes.
(c) To keep them from walking around sharp rocks in the field.
(d) To keep the sun from giving them cataracts.
4. What has happened to the women in the commune?
(a) They have been forced to bear more children for the cause.
(b) They have been emaciated from their marriages.
(c) They have been forced into arranged marriages.
(d) They have been sent to other villages that needed help.
5. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Green Dragon Village.
(b) The Artist Association.
(c) He does not remember.
(d) The missing person's bureau.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
2. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
3. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
4. How does the Chinese government view romance?
5. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)