|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
2. To where does Pearl walk?
(a) The train station.
(b) The large centrally-located park.
(c) Her old family home.
(d) The bus depot.
3. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) It is strictly forbidden.
(b) A necessary evil.
(c) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
(d) They have offered no opinions about it.
4. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) People celebrating Communism.
(b) Disabled elderly people begging.
(c) Propaganda against the United States.
(d) Posters of she and May.
5. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
(a) By finding all the receipts in the trunks in the attic.
(b) In pawn shops.
(c) By asking the neighbors for help.
(d) By petitioning the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao ask Joy?
2. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
3. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
4. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
5. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)