|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
(a) Follows him home.
(b) Confronts him on the street.
(c) Decides she does not want to contact him yet.
(d) Starts crying on the street.
2. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(b) She has had terrible nightmares.
(c) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
(d) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
3. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) A deposit box with her American passport.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
(d) Illegal contacts.
4. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) She loves Tao.
(b) She loves farming.
(c) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(d) She is afraid to leave it.
5. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
(a) Having no transportation.
(b) Having no money.
(c) Having her passport taken.
(d) Registering her information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the peasants anxious to do?
2. Who is Z. G.?
3. What does Tao ask Joy?
4. To where does Pearl walk?
5. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)