|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(a) Z. G.
2. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
3. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
(a) She does not send money because it would get stolen.
(b) Disguises it as decorative art.
(c) Sews it into the hems of clothing.
(d) Conceals it into a flap on the inside of the letter.
4. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
(a) Because she loves him deeply.
(b) To retaliate against Pearl's comments about Tao.
(c) To spite her father.
(d) To ensure that she will stay in the commune forever.
5. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Drinking poison.
(b) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
(c) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(d) Throwing herself down a well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
2. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
3. Who writes frequent letters to each other?
4. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
5. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)