|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam die?
2. To what is Pearl sentenced?
(a) Weekly reports to an agent.
(b) Weekly thought-reform sessions.
(c) Six days in a community work house.
(d) Six days hard labor.
3. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
(a) To supervise Joy and Tao.
(b) To teach the peasants how to produce propaganda posters.
(c) To show how much he has progressed.
(d) To find a young person to mentor.
4. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Finding Z. G.
(b) Leaving China.
(c) Convincing Joy to come home.
(d) Getting into China.
5. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
(a) Joy and Pearl.
(b) Pearl and an unknown character.
(c) Sam and Joy.
(d) Joy and Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
2. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
3. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
4. Who is Pearl's husband?
5. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)