|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
2. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) Her parents.
3. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
(a) So Z. G. can discourage Joy from being interested in Tao.
(b) So Z. G. can discourage Tao from being interested in Joy.
(c) So they can spend time together away from the prying eyes of the commune.
(d) They both have similar talent.
4. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
(a) She does not send money because it would get stolen.
(b) Sews it into the hems of clothing.
(c) Disguises it as decorative art.
(d) Conceals it into a flap on the inside of the letter.
5. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A Chinese official high up in the party.
(b) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(c) A farmer.
(d) Joy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
2. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
3. Where do Joy and her father go?
4. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
5. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)