|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
(b) They have offered no opinions about it.
(c) It is strictly forbidden.
(d) A necessary evil.
2. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
(b) Z. G.
(c) The agent in immigration.
(d) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
3. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
(a) Joy is a tiger and Tao is a dog.
(b) Joy is a leo and Tao is a virgo.
(c) Joy is short and Tao is short.
(d) Joy has many siblings and Tao is an only child.
4. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(b) No one.
(d) Z. G.
5. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A Chinese official high up in the party.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(d) Joy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
2. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
3. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
4. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
5. What is Dandelion Number Eight People's Commune?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)