|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
(a) There are no veterinarians in the area.
(b) He says there is no reason; it just is.
(c) The water buffalo won't let a human treat its wounds.
(d) Punishment for deeds in a past life.
2. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To find her birth father and true self.
(b) To visit her brother.
(c) To teach English.
(d) To learn about Chinese history.
3. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
4. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
(a) To keep the flies out of their eyes.
(b) To keep the sun from giving them cataracts.
(c) To keep them from kicking since they won't kick if they can't see.
(d) To keep them from walking around sharp rocks in the field.
5. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(b) The goals of communist art.
(c) Why he supported the revolution.
(d) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
2. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
3. How does the Chinese government view romance?
4. Who is Pearl's husband?
5. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)