|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
(a) The countryside.
(c) His mother's home.
(d) To an art exhibit.
2. Who is Pearl's husband?
(a) She is not married.
3. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
(a) China First.
(b) The Great Leap Forward.
(c) The Hope of the Future.
(d) Leaping into the Future.
4. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
(b) Pearl's great aunt.
(c) May's husband's aunt.
(d) Pearl's mother's best friend.
5. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A Chinese official high up in the party.
(d) Joy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
2. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
3. What does Pearl say about Tao?
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
5. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)