|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(b) The goals of communist art.
(c) Why he supported the revolution.
(d) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
2. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
(b) Had several of her own children.
(c) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
(d) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
3. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
(d) Hong Kong.
4. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
(a) Having no transportation.
(b) Registering her information.
(c) Having her passport taken.
(d) Having no money.
5. What has happened to the women in the commune?
(a) They have been forced to bear more children for the cause.
(b) They have been emaciated from their marriages.
(c) They have been sent to other villages that needed help.
(d) They have been forced into arranged marriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
2. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
3. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
4. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
5. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)