|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) They have offered no opinions about it.
(b) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
(c) It is strictly forbidden.
(d) A necessary evil.
2. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
(d) Hong Kong.
3. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Her old nanny.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Z. G.
4. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
(a) Golden Gate Park.
(b) The Presidio.
(c) Fisherman's Wharf.
(d) The streets of Chinatown.
5. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
2. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
3. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
4. To what is Pearl sentenced?
5. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)