|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
(b) The goals of communist art.
(c) Why he supported the revolution.
(d) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
2. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If he can return with her to the United States.
(b) If she has a young man in the United States.
(c) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(d) If she will marry him.
3. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
(a) Decides she does not want to contact him yet.
(b) Follows him home.
(c) Starts crying on the street.
(d) Confronts him on the street.
4. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
5. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Register all her information.
(b) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(c) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(d) Renounce her American citizenship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
2. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
3. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
4. Who is Pearl's husband?
5. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)