|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
(a) He thinks she is too good for Tao.
(b) He thinks Tao would be a wonderful husband.
(c) He thinks Joy would ruin Tao's life.
(d) He thinks Joy would get bored with Tao.
2. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
(b) Z. G.
(c) The agent in immigration.
(d) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
3. To where does Pearl walk?
(a) The bus depot.
(b) Her old family home.
(c) The train station.
(d) The large centrally-located park.
4. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
(a) China First.
(b) The Hope of the Future.
(c) Leaping into the Future.
(d) The Great Leap Forward.
5. Who is Pearl's husband?
(b) She is not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
2. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
3. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
4. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
5. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)