|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Green Dragon Village.
(b) He does not remember.
(c) The Artist Association.
(d) The missing person's bureau.
2. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Great Wall.
(b) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(c) The Wailing Wall.
(d) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
3. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
(b) Her father tells her to be silent.
(c) Tao speaks harshly to her.
(d) Yuan scowls at her.
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(b) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(c) There is no significance of the book.
(d) It was written by the main character, Sam.
5. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
(a) To free up the woman from domestic chores.
(b) To save resources.
(c) To create a spirit of camaraderie.
(d) To save fire wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
2. Who is Pearl's husband?
3. Who do the Chinese hope to overpower in the future?
4. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
5. How does a woman kill herself one day?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)