|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
(a) Conceals it into a flap on the inside of the letter.
(b) She does not send money because it would get stolen.
(c) Sews it into the hems of clothing.
(d) Disguises it as decorative art.
2. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Write to May regularly.
(b) Live a life of luxury.
(c) Create art in her own fashion.
(d) Visit abroad.
3. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(c) Z. G.
(d) No one.
4. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(b) For feeling pride in her performance.
(c) For sneaking off with Tao.
(d) For not being properly respectful to him.
5. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) The agent in immigration.
(b) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
(c) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
(d) Z. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Chinese hope to overpower in the future?
2. What job is Pearl given?
3. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
4. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
5. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)