|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pearl's husband?
(c) She is not married.
2. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
(a) He does not cheat her.
(b) He offers to keep her jewelry safe but never gives it back.
(c) He charges her double for the passage.
(d) He takes half of her money for exchanging her American dollars.
3. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Work undercover for them in China.
(b) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
(c) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
(d) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
4. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
(a) He thinks Tao would be a wonderful husband.
(b) He thinks Joy would ruin Tao's life.
(c) He thinks Joy would get bored with Tao.
(d) He thinks she is too good for Tao.
5. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
(d) Regular type.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
2. Who does May think about finding in China?
3. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
4. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
5. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)