|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
(a) To teach the peasants how to produce propaganda posters.
(b) To supervise Joy and Tao.
(c) To find a young person to mentor.
(d) To show how much he has progressed.
2. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) His family home.
(b) A museum.
(c) The Artist Association.
(d) His second wife's family home.
3. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) For wanted posters.
(b) Because he loved both of them.
(c) For propaganda posters.
(d) To practice.
4. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
(a) She is not supposed to do better than others in the village.
(b) An American cannot do something well.
(c) She is an outsider.
(d) There is no place for pride in China.
5. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
(a) Being caught in the woods with Tao.
(b) Having come from America.
(c) Ping-Li's death.
(d) Saying caring for children is the one thing she would hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
2. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
3. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
4. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
5. Who is in charge of seeing that Dandelion Number Eight reaches its goals?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)