|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Give her a new identity.
(b) Confisgate her American passport.
(c) Confisgate most of her belongings.
(d) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
2. Where do Joy and her father go?
(a) To his mother's home.
(b) To Hong Kong.
(c) Green Dragon Village.
(d) To a large city about two days ride from Shanghai.
3. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Had several of her own children.
(b) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
(c) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
(d) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
4. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
(d) Hong Kong.
5. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(b) She is afraid to leave it.
(c) She loves Tao.
(d) She loves farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
2. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
3. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
4. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
5. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)