|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
(a) So they can spend time together away from the prying eyes of the commune.
(b) So Z. G. can discourage Joy from being interested in Tao.
(c) So Z. G. can discourage Tao from being interested in Joy.
(d) They both have similar talent.
2. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She is too imperialistic.
(b) She does not work hard enough.
(c) She is too noisy.
(d) She is too slow.
3. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) Disabled elderly people begging.
(b) Propaganda against the United States.
(c) Posters of she and May.
(d) People celebrating Communism.
4. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Give her a new identity.
(b) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
(c) Confisgate most of her belongings.
(d) Confisgate her American passport.
5. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
(b) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(c) Work undercover for them in China.
(d) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
2. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
3. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
4. Where do Joy and her father go?
5. To where does Pearl walk?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)