|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the women in the commune?
(a) They have been sent to other villages that needed help.
(b) They have been forced into arranged marriages.
(c) They have been forced to bear more children for the cause.
(d) They have been emaciated from their marriages.
2. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For sneaking off with Tao.
(b) For not being properly respectful to him.
(c) For feeling pride in her performance.
(d) For laughing at one of the village elders.
3. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
(a) An American cannot do something well.
(b) She is an outsider.
(c) There is no place for pride in China.
(d) She is not supposed to do better than others in the village.
4. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
(a) Ping-Li's death.
(b) Being caught in the woods with Tao.
(c) Saying caring for children is the one thing she would hate.
(d) Having come from America.
5. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If he can return with her to the United States.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she has a young man in the United States.
(d) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
2. What is Dandelion Number Eight People's Commune?
3. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
4. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
5. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)