|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
(a) To supervise Joy and Tao.
(b) To find a young person to mentor.
(c) To show how much he has progressed.
(d) To teach the peasants how to produce propaganda posters.
2. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
(b) She is in love with a man at the commune.
(c) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
(d) Joy will not leave the commune.
3. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) His second wife's family home.
(b) His family home.
(c) A museum.
(d) The Artist Association.
4. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) When she is 40.
(b) When she is 9.
(c) As a teenager.
(d) When she is 28.
5. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(b) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(c) The Great Wall.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a woman kill herself one day?
2. How many siblings does Tao have?
3. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
4. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
5. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)