|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 11 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
2. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) They have offered no opinions about it.
(b) A necessary evil.
(c) It is strictly forbidden.
(d) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
3. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(b) Her first public criticism.
(c) A hanging.
(d) A whipping.
4. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) The Shanghai she once knew.
(b) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(c) Her home in Los Angeles.
(d) Her home in San Francisco.
5. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
2. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
3. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
4. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
5. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)