|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
(a) Finding her real father.
(b) Joe's notion of moving to China with Joy.
(c) Finding any of her half sisters.
(d) Going to college on the East Coast.
2. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Yuan scowls at her.
(b) Her father tells her to be silent.
(c) Tao speaks harshly to her.
(d) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
3. What job is Pearl given?
(b) Paper collector.
4. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) Because he loved both of them.
(b) For propaganda posters.
(c) For wanted posters.
(d) To practice.
5. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) Propaganda against the United States.
(b) People celebrating Communism.
(c) Posters of she and May.
(d) Disabled elderly people begging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
2. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
3. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
4. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
5. How does the Chinese government view romance?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)