|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Leaving China.
(b) Finding Z. G.
(c) Convincing Joy to come home.
(d) Getting into China.
2. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She is too noisy.
(b) She is too slow.
(c) She does not work hard enough.
(d) She is too imperialistic.
3. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
(b) The agent in immigration.
(c) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
(d) Z. G.
4. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
(a) Joy and Pearl.
(b) Joy and Joe.
(c) Pearl and an unknown character.
(d) Sam and Joy.
5. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If he can return with her to the United States.
(c) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(d) If she has a young man in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
2. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
3. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
4. Why does Joy go to China?
5. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)