|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
(a) No one.
2. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(b) Register all her information.
(c) Renounce her American citizenship.
(d) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
3. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
(a) She sees her picture on a poster drawn by Z. G.
(b) She sees Joy's picture on the wall of returning Chinese.
(c) She sees Z. G. at the airport.
(d) She talks to someone who has met Joy.
4. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Create art in her own fashion.
(b) Write to May regularly.
(c) Live a life of luxury.
(d) Visit abroad.
5. Where do Joy and her father go?
(a) To a large city about two days ride from Shanghai.
(b) To his mother's home.
(c) To Hong Kong.
(d) Green Dragon Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
2. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
3. What job is Pearl given?
4. What does Tao ask Joy?
5. To what is Pearl sentenced?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)