|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Pearl walk?
(a) The train station.
(b) Her old family home.
(c) The bus depot.
(d) The large centrally-located park.
2. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(b) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(c) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(d) There is no significance of the book.
3. What assignment is Joy given?
(a) Giving music lessons to the village children.
(b) That of arranging a propaganda play for the village about the Marriage Law.
(c) Giving English lessons to the village children.
(d) Running the village nursery.
4. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
(b) He is married.
(c) He has a black mark against him.
(d) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
5. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She is too noisy.
(b) She is too imperialistic.
(c) She is too slow.
(d) She does not work hard enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
2. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
3. To what is Pearl sentenced?
4. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
5. What does Tao ask Joy?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)