|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
(a) The streets of Chinatown.
(b) Fisherman's Wharf.
(c) Golden Gate Park.
(d) The Presidio.
2. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
(a) He says there is no reason; it just is.
(b) There are no veterinarians in the area.
(c) Punishment for deeds in a past life.
(d) The water buffalo won't let a human treat its wounds.
3. Who is Pearl's husband?
(d) She is not married.
4. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
(a) They are suspicious of Pearl's reasons for returning to China.
(b) They think she believes herself to be superior to them.
(c) They think she speaks with an English accent.
(d) They think she is too bourgeois.
5. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Tao speaks harshly to her.
(b) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
(c) Her father tells her to be silent.
(d) Yuan scowls at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Z. G.?
2. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
3. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
4. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
5. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)