|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(a) Z. G.
(d) No one.
2. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(b) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(c) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(d) There is no significance of the book.
3. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To visit her brother.
(b) To teach English.
(c) To learn about Chinese history.
(d) To find her birth father and true self.
4. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(b) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
(c) She has had terrible nightmares.
(d) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
5. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
(a) Having no transportation.
(b) Having no money.
(c) Having her passport taken.
(d) Registering her information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
2. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
3. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
4. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
5. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)