|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
(a) Joy and Pearl.
(b) Sam and Joy.
(c) Joy and Joe.
(d) Pearl and an unknown character.
2. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Finding Z. G.
(b) Getting into China.
(c) Convincing Joy to come home.
(d) Leaving China.
3. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) She is afraid to leave it.
(b) She loves farming.
(c) She loves Tao.
(d) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
4. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her parents.
5. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
2. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
3. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
4. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
5. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)