|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
2. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Tao speaks harshly to her.
(b) Yuan scowls at her.
(c) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
(d) Her father tells her to be silent.
3. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(b) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
(c) Work undercover for them in China.
(d) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
4. What job is Pearl given?
(c) Paper collector.
5. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
(a) There is no place for pride in China.
(b) She is an outsider.
(c) An American cannot do something well.
(d) She is not supposed to do better than others in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam die?
2. What does Tao ask Joy?
3. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
4. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
5. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)