|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) Pearl's great aunt.
(b) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(c) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
(d) May's husband's aunt.
2. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He is married.
(b) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
(c) He has a black mark against him.
(d) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
3. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
(a) Having no transportation.
(b) Having no money.
(c) Registering her information.
(d) Having her passport taken.
4. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Great Wall.
(b) The Wailing Wall.
(c) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(d) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
5. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
2. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
3. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
4. How many siblings does Tao have?
5. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)