|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(a) Z. G.
2. To what is Pearl sentenced?
(a) Weekly reports to an agent.
(b) Six days hard labor.
(c) Weekly thought-reform sessions.
(d) Six days in a community work house.
3. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
(a) They are suspicious of Pearl's reasons for returning to China.
(b) They think she believes herself to be superior to them.
(c) They think she is too bourgeois.
(d) They think she speaks with an English accent.
4. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
(a) Small pieces of the poster of her and May.
(b) Newspaper articles about Z. G.
(c) Bits of memorabilia from her childhood in China.
(d) Pieces of material.
5. What assignment is Joy given?
(a) Giving English lessons to the village children.
(b) Giving music lessons to the village children.
(c) That of arranging a propaganda play for the village about the Marriage Law.
(d) Running the village nursery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
2. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
3. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
4. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
5. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)