|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
(c) Regular type.
2. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(b) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(c) Renounce her American citizenship.
(d) Register all her information.
3. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Z. G.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Her old nanny.
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(b) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(c) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(d) There is no significance of the book.
5. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Yuan scowls at her.
(b) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
(c) Tao speaks harshly to her.
(d) Her father tells her to be silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
2. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
3. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
4. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
5. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)