|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
(a) She is leaving for Taiwan.
(b) She is moving to the East Coast.
(c) She's ready to move to China with him.
(d) She has to leave him.
2. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
(b) Confisgate most of her belongings.
(c) Give her a new identity.
(d) Confisgate her American passport.
3. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(b) There is no significance of the book.
(c) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(d) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
4. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(b) Why he supported the revolution.
(c) The goals of communist art.
(d) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
5. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Work undercover for them in China.
(b) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
(c) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(d) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
2. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
3. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
4. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
5. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)