|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(a) Z. G.
(c) No one.
2. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) Her first public criticism.
(b) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(c) A hanging.
(d) A whipping.
3. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
(a) Joy is a tiger and Tao is a dog.
(b) Joy has many siblings and Tao is an only child.
(c) Joy is a leo and Tao is a virgo.
(d) Joy is short and Tao is short.
4. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The missing person's bureau.
(b) The Artist Association.
(c) He does not remember.
(d) The Green Dragon Village.
5. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(b) Renounce her American citizenship.
(c) Register all her information.
(d) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Tao have?
2. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
3. To what is Pearl sentenced?
4. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
5. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)