|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) His second wife's family home.
(b) The Artist Association.
(c) A museum.
(d) His family home.
2. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
(a) He does not cheat her.
(b) He charges her double for the passage.
(c) He offers to keep her jewelry safe but never gives it back.
(d) He takes half of her money for exchanging her American dollars.
3. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
(a) Punishment for deeds in a past life.
(b) The water buffalo won't let a human treat its wounds.
(c) He says there is no reason; it just is.
(d) There are no veterinarians in the area.
4. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To teach English.
(b) To learn about Chinese history.
(c) To find her birth father and true self.
(d) To visit her brother.
5. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her home in San Francisco.
(b) Her home in Los Angeles.
(c) The Shanghai she once knew.
(d) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Pearl sentenced?
2. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
3. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
4. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
5. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)