|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
2. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Why he supported the revolution.
(b) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(c) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
(d) The goals of communist art.
3. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
(a) There is no place for pride in China.
(b) An American cannot do something well.
(c) She is an outsider.
(d) She is not supposed to do better than others in the village.
4. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(a) No one.
(b) Z. G.
5. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(b) Throwing herself down a well.
(c) Drinking poison.
(d) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
2. What assignment is Joy given?
3. Where do Joy and her father go?
4. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
5. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)