|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(b) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(c) Renounce her American citizenship.
(d) Register all her information.
2. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
(a) To keep them from walking around sharp rocks in the field.
(b) To keep the sun from giving them cataracts.
(c) To keep the flies out of their eyes.
(d) To keep them from kicking since they won't kick if they can't see.
3. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her home in Los Angeles.
(b) Her home in San Francisco.
(c) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(d) The Shanghai she once knew.
4. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
(b) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
(c) Had several of her own children.
(d) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
5. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
(a) Z. G. has been sent to the countryside to redeem himself.
(b) Z. G. is being honored in Beijing that month.
(c) Joy is not with Z. G.
(d) Z. G. has met Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
2. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
3. What job is Pearl given?
4. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
5. Who is Auntie Hu?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)