|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Throwing herself down a well.
(b) Drinking poison.
(c) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(d) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
2. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) His family home.
(b) His second wife's family home.
(c) The Artist Association.
(d) A museum.
3. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
(a) Regular type.
4. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
(a) So they can spend time together away from the prying eyes of the commune.
(b) They both have similar talent.
(c) So Z. G. can discourage Joy from being interested in Tao.
(d) So Z. G. can discourage Tao from being interested in Joy.
5. Who is Pearl's husband?
(b) She is not married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam die?
2. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
3. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
4. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
5. What assignment is Joy given?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)