|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
(a) Z. G. has met Joy.
(b) Z. G. is being honored in Beijing that month.
(c) Joy is not with Z. G.
(d) Z. G. has been sent to the countryside to redeem himself.
2. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
(a) He charges her double for the passage.
(b) He takes half of her money for exchanging her American dollars.
(c) He offers to keep her jewelry safe but never gives it back.
(d) He does not cheat her.
3. To where does Pearl walk?
(a) The train station.
(b) Her old family home.
(c) The large centrally-located park.
(d) The bus depot.
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(b) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(c) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(d) There is no significance of the book.
5. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He is married.
(b) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
(c) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
(d) He has a black mark against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
2. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
3. Where do Joy and her father go?
4. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
5. How many siblings does Tao have?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)