|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(b) The Wailing Wall.
(c) The Great Wall.
(d) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
2. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Tao speaks harshly to her.
(b) Her father tells her to be silent.
(c) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
(d) Yuan scowls at her.
3. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
(a) He offers to keep her jewelry safe but never gives it back.
(b) He takes half of her money for exchanging her American dollars.
(c) He charges her double for the passage.
(d) He does not cheat her.
4. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Work undercover for them in China.
(b) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(c) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
(d) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
5. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Why he supported the revolution.
(b) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
(c) The goals of communist art.
(d) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
2. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
3. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
4. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
5. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)