|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Joy and her father go?
(a) To his mother's home.
(b) Green Dragon Village.
(c) To Hong Kong.
(d) To a large city about two days ride from Shanghai.
2. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) His second wife's family home.
(b) His family home.
(c) The Artist Association.
(d) A museum.
3. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
(b) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(c) Work undercover for them in China.
(d) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
4. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(c) Z. G.
5. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To visit her brother.
(b) To learn about Chinese history.
(c) To teach English.
(d) To find her birth father and true self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
2. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
3. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
5. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)