|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) A hanging.
(b) A whipping.
(c) Her first public criticism.
(d) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
2. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
(b) No one.
3. What job is Pearl given?
(c) Paper collector.
4. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) When she is 40.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) When she is 28.
(d) When she is 9.
5. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) For wanted posters.
(b) Because he loved both of them.
(c) To practice.
(d) For propaganda posters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
2. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
3. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
4. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
5. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)