|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) She is afraid to leave it.
(b) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(c) She loves Tao.
(d) She loves farming.
2. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Give her a new identity.
(b) Confisgate most of her belongings.
(c) Confisgate her American passport.
(d) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
3. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(b) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(c) Register all her information.
(d) Renounce her American citizenship.
4. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
5. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(b) The Wailing Wall.
(c) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(d) The Great Wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
2. Who does May think about finding in China?
3. How does Sam die?
4. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
5. How does a woman kill herself one day?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)