|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
(a) Having no transportation.
(b) Having her passport taken.
(c) Having no money.
(d) Registering her information.
2. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(b) A whipping.
(c) A hanging.
(d) Her first public criticism.
3. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
(a) He offers to keep her jewelry safe but never gives it back.
(b) He does not cheat her.
(c) He charges her double for the passage.
(d) He takes half of her money for exchanging her American dollars.
4. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
5. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
(a) Fisherman's Wharf.
(b) Golden Gate Park.
(c) The Presidio.
(d) The streets of Chinatown.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Pearl sentenced?
2. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
3. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
4. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
5. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)