|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Confisgate her American passport.
(b) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
(c) Give her a new identity.
(d) Confisgate most of her belongings.
2. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
(a) Those she learns from the Chinese Student Democratic Association.
(b) Some her aunt told her.
(c) Some her mother told her.
(d) Some she has read by Chairman Mao.
3. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(b) Register all her information.
(c) Renounce her American citizenship.
(d) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(b) There is no significance of the book.
(c) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(d) It was written by the main character, Sam.
5. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Green Dragon Village.
(b) He does not remember.
(c) The Artist Association.
(d) The missing person's bureau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Joy and her father go?
2. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
3. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
4. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
5. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)