|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Pearl walk?
(a) The large centrally-located park.
(b) The train station.
(c) The bus depot.
(d) Her old family home.
2. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Convincing Joy to come home.
(b) Finding Z. G.
(c) Getting into China.
(d) Leaving China.
3. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) She is afraid to leave it.
(b) She loves Tao.
(c) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(d) She loves farming.
4. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her parents.
(d) Her brother.
5. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
(a) To an art exhibit.
(b) The countryside.
(c) His mother's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
2. Who does May think about finding in China?
3. How does a woman kill herself one day?
4. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
5. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)