|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
(a) Fisherman's Wharf.
(b) Golden Gate Park.
(c) The Presidio.
(d) The streets of Chinatown.
2. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
(a) He takes half of her money for exchanging her American dollars.
(b) He offers to keep her jewelry safe but never gives it back.
(c) He charges her double for the passage.
(d) He does not cheat her.
3. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
4. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
(b) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(c) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(d) Sneak into China.
5. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) For propaganda posters.
(b) Because he loved both of them.
(c) For wanted posters.
(d) To practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
2. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
3. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
4. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
5. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)