|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pearl's husband?
(b) She is not married.
2. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) A hanging.
(b) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(c) A whipping.
(d) Her first public criticism.
3. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
4. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
(a) The Presidio.
(b) The streets of Chinatown.
(c) Golden Gate Park.
(d) Fisherman's Wharf.
5. Who does May think about finding in China?
(a) Z. G.
(b) Her half sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
2. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
3. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
4. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
5. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)