|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) There is no significance of the book.
(b) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(c) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(d) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
2. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Convincing Joy to come home.
(b) Leaving China.
(c) Finding Z. G.
(d) Getting into China.
3. How does Sam die?
4. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(a) Z. G.
5. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Artist Association.
(b) The missing person's bureau.
(c) He does not remember.
(d) The Green Dragon Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
2. What job is Pearl given?
3. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
4. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
5. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)