|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A Chinese official high up in the party.
(b) Joy's father.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
2. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
(b) He is married.
(c) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
(d) He has a black mark against him.
3. To what is Pearl sentenced?
(a) Six days hard labor.
(b) Weekly thought-reform sessions.
(c) Six days in a community work house.
(d) Weekly reports to an agent.
4. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(b) Drinking poison.
(c) Throwing herself down a well.
(d) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
5. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
(b) The countryside.
(c) To an art exhibit.
(d) His mother's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
2. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
3. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
4. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
5. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)