|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is Pearl sentenced?
(a) Weekly thought-reform sessions.
(b) Weekly reports to an agent.
(c) Six days in a community work house.
(d) Six days hard labor.
2. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) When she is 28.
(b) When she is 40.
(c) When she is 9.
(d) As a teenager.
3. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) Her first public criticism.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A whipping.
(d) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
4. How many siblings does Tao have?
5. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
(a) Decides she does not want to contact him yet.
(b) Starts crying on the street.
(c) Follows him home.
(d) Confronts him on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Pearl walk?
2. Who is Z. G.?
3. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
4. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
5. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)