|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He has a black mark against him.
(b) He is married.
(c) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
(d) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
2. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
(a) Some she has read by Chairman Mao.
(b) Some her aunt told her.
(c) Some her mother told her.
(d) Those she learns from the Chinese Student Democratic Association.
3. Who is Pearl's husband?
(a) She is not married.
4. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
(d) No one.
5. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Artist Association.
(b) The missing person's bureau.
(c) The Green Dragon Village.
(d) He does not remember.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
2. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
3. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
4. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
5. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)